Chapter 50

Youngest of Pieces - [Black & White] (7)

“Take another picture,” Emelia asks Manager Kim and she grabs Carolina’s arm for her to not step away.

MAMA awards has ended and they are waiting for the press-conference, and before that they are taking pictures backstage, just 5 Pieces together. 5 Pieces got four awards in total, including Hannah’s Best Vocal Performance Solo award, so the group is posing holding the awards. Hannah holds that award, and then Maria is the only member not holding an award, but she has squatted down in front of the other four members and she is raising her hands up as if she is praising the lord, but in the picture she has the four awards above her, so she is in fact praising the awards the other members are holding. They look happy and when they are done their voices are high when laughing and they jump some more in the excitement from the day.

Still in their special made coats that they love, 5 Pieces steps forward at the press-conference and they walk up behind the table where they stand – Maria, Emelia, Carolina, Julia, Hannah – to pose for the pictures flashing nonstop and a voice is reading out about the awards they have accepted at this year’s MAMA. While standing there, the girls also introduce themselves.

“Pieces of one,” Emelia starts off saying in Cantonese Chinese, the ladies all saying politely as they practiced before; “hello, we are 5 Pieces.”

“Pieces of one,” Maria says in English, and the group continues in English; “hello, we are 5 Pieces.”

Julia says it in Mandarin Chinese, followed by Hannah greeting in Japanese and Carolina ends up doing the greeting in Korean. The journalists and people there give a laugh and clap their hands, impressed, before the ladies can take their seats. Things goes slow, because when one question has been given it is translated to Korean and English (if the question is given in Chinese), and Hannah gets all confused when she hears Chinese being said two times, which Julia explains sitting next to her is Mandarin and Cantonese. And when 5 Pieces answers, it is also translated to the two Chinese languages and English. The first question they receive is how they feel to get awarded for Artist of the Year and Album of the Year.

Carolina takes up the microphone on the table to answer;

“As 5 Pieces we are very honoured to be able to accept such big awards, and just to be able to attend and perform at MAMA we have been very excited and thankful. It came as a surprise for us to win as we know the other artists nominated are really good, but we stay thankful to our fans and everyone who believes in us, and we will definitely continue to work hard and improve things we lack in. … um… I think we did it last year too, but the night before the MAMA awards, all five of us meet up in the hotel room and we have a talk. It doesn’t have to be about MAMA at all, it is more for us to just know that we are going there together and none of us really go to an award show expecting to step out with an award; our main reason to attend is to enjoy the show and perform our best. And we did that tonight and we got some truly amazing awards too, so it has been a terrific night.”

She is the best talker, Hannah thinks. She is polite and uses the words well. Hannah is sitting and fiddling with her fingers on her leggings under the table, listening to everything being translated and she looks to her right to see how Carolina is confidently sitting with her back straight. Hannah tries to straighten her back a little more too, and furthest down the table, Maria is leaning a little back. She looks cool leaning behind the others a little, but Hannah knows it is her trick to not let her head look so big next to the small-faced Emelia. Hannah hears the next question being asked in Chinese, and she is listening without understanding a single word, and it is translated to the other Chinese language before someone translated to English – which she understands – so when hearing that the question is ‘Hannah’s song [I CRY] got awarded as the Best Vocal Performance Solo of the year, what is your thoughts of getting the award and also to perform the song on stage tonight?’

Hannah picks up the microphone lying in front of her on the table and she glances at her members while the question is being translated to Korean. Julia gives her a nod to answer the question and once the question is done translating, Hannah faces forward to start answer.

“I knew that [I CRY] was nominated for some of the categories, but I never really thought it would … receive an award. And to receive Best Vocal Performance Solo Award, I was really surprised. And to perform the song I was extremely nervous because it is such a big award show and I was going to be on the stage alone, but once I was performing the song the audience were singing along and I got really moved by it,” Hannah answers.

“For the rest of us, we are really proud over Hannah,” Maria says. She has leaned forward and picked up the microphone in front of her. “Because the song means a lot to not just Hannah but to 5 Pieces too, we are really proud that she got such a special award and her performance was really blow-minding too.”

Hannah smiles when hearing her talk, then gives a laugh when Maria says “blow-minding”; she actually got to use that word that she has been using the whole week. Hannah looks over at her, smiling at their leader who like a captain puts down the microphone when she is done. She picks it up again when they are asked who they are the most thankful to after receiving the awards tonight. Maria answers without any hesitation.

“Of course we are always the most thankful to our fans, because I don’t think we would be able to do anything if it wasn’t for them,” she starts off answering before looking a little towards her members. “But the ones I really want to thank are our families. We don’t get to see each other much because they live in Sweden, but when we this year got the chance to have a concert in Sweden we got to reveal our … performance image, to our families as well as people from our home country, and I think it really gave us the strength and confidence in continuing to work hard so far away from home. While our families by blood in Sweden cheer us on from a distance, we have also been able to join the SM Town family, and both our seniors and juniors have helped us a lot.”

“We’re forever thankful to our families,” Carolina randomly adds when Maria gets quiet.

“Under 2012, 5 Pieces have been active with a lot of solo activities; do you plan on continuing with solo activities in the future, can we maybe look forward to something soon?” is the next question they receive, and like everything else it is translated into different language.

Carolina is the one answering this time. “At the moment there are no solo activities planned, but in the future we will definitely have our different things to do on the side of 5 Pieces.”

After the translation of her answer, the next question is given; “It is the ending of 2012 now, and we wonder what 5 Pieces is planning on doing for the last part of the year?”

“5 Pieces will end the year finishing the promotions of our third album [Black & White] in Korea and we will prepare for more activities in 2013,” Carolina answers.

The ladies finish off the press-conference, but the night isn’t over yet. They sit down to do an interview with some Chinese media; where Emelia and Julia talks a lot. And not until all the interviews are done, 5 Pieces are told to go to sleep – finally!

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Hannah giggles when Maria shows her some GIFs on tumblr. There are four of these moving pictures, clips of a fan-taken video that shows Maria’s “reaction to Gangnam Style”; she is dancing and jumping and she looks to even be singing along.

Maria, who now is sitting with that white mask over , not saying anything as her voice has almost disappeared from yesterday’s MAMA, is sitting and watching on tumblr about the MAMA awards; mostly about 5 Pieces though as she is curious of what fans took notice of. She has already mentioned that Hannah’s performance is the most talked, and Hannah too had actually watched the performance of [I CRY] just to see how it turned out and she wanted to hear the audience sing along to it again. Of course she had to watch comments about it too; seeing people saying Hannah deserved the award; that Maria was crying because she was proud; that everyone lost themselves in her performance and that she is a natural beauty.

She is sitting next to Maria, leaning towards the leader to look at Maria’s cell phone where she is scrolling down the page on tumblr. Another GIF from last night is showed, this time of Carolina doing a part of the choreography really intense during their [Black & White] performance, and Maria starts to cough before she shows Hannah what she was going to laugh about when she started to cough – on the tags to the GIF of Carolina it actually says ‘my friend said Carolina isn’t passionate when dancing, this changed her mind’. Hannah laughs when reading it, sinking down a little in the seat so she can rest her head back on the backrest, her head leaning on Maria’s shoulder. The next part is a lot of GIFs that doesn’t really show a lot of movements as it is just these parts shown of 5 Pieces sitting down on the side watching the show, and the quality is really good so the girls looks pretty; the GIF that moves the most is actually the last one, that shows Maria moving her hands with Carolina sitting next to her just looking, and Maria now tells Hannah in her non-existing voice that she was dancing to EXO’s performance. A fan-taken picture of Emelia, showing her a little from behind, is shown too and a simple text is written like ‘Emelia watches Epik High’s performance with a smirk’.

“This one,” Hannah smiles and points with a finger on the cell phone before she glances up at Maria.

Maria smiles under the mask, seeing that what Hannah points at is from 5 Pieces’ saying their speech at the final award, and Hannah says ‘music makes one’ in the GIF – text has been written for viewers to know – and there are pictures and GIFs following of each member in 5 Pieces taken from MAMA of them smiling and then a picture of them bowing at the end of the speech and finally a three-set of GIFs next to each other showing 5 Pieces being congratulated by the other idols when getting their award. Under it all it is written ‘5 Pieces have proven to us that music makes one, MAMA couldn’t get a better representative’.

The girls both giggle when seeing the next couple of GIFs. First up is a set of GIFs showing those idols sitting in the audience showing really focused and touched face-expression, and some of them are even taken by fans so it is a little from behind, and below it is written ‘idols reaction to Hannah’s [I CRY] performance’, and a little lower it is a new set of GIFs, while on this one it shows some of the idols even standing up, some waving their hands in the air and EXO’s Chanyeol is even looking to be shouting, and it is written to that; ‘idols reaction to 5 Pieces performance!’

That ends with a picture of 5 Pieces’ performance written with the text ‘they will make you cry, they will make you scream – the artist of the year is 5 Pieces’.

Everything they watch about 5 Pieces is from MAMA 2012, and exactly everything is really cool. Fan-taken pictures of their performances are probably Hannah’s favourites, while Maria’s favourites are the GIFs of her enjoying the performances on the side – seriously, a lot of GIFs are of 5 Pieces reactions; even during EXO and SHINee’s performance, fans are uploading GIFs of the girls either looking focused on the performance or how they are trying to dance along in their seats. Either way, you can see that the fans had a good time too.

Hannah sees a comment that says ‘I’m surprised YG Family did so much better but the subject is still 5 Pieces’, while another comment – added with a GIF of Hannah spacing out when accepting her Best Vocal Performance (so embarrassing) – says ‘am I the only one repeating Hannah’s acceptance speech? Because this girl is so lost and the SM family looks like they want to run up and hug her on the side!’

“It’s true,” Maria says in her low voice when she has read the same part. “Your face-expression was really pure. And, about us wanting to hug you; as family, all of us were smiling like the biggest idiots.”

Hannah just hugs her arm, scrolling down on the cell phone with a finger while letting Maria hold on to it. They both giggles again when seeing several pictures of 5 Pieces from not just yesterday’s award but from other award shows as last year’s MAMA of 5 Pieces either sitting down or standing up and they are cheering on something, which you understand when reading the text written along; ‘no one but 5 Pieces gets this happy when other artists win’, and someone who had reblogged that part added writing ‘no one but 5 Pieces seems to be part of the fan base at award shows, and then they have the absolutely best reactions when winning themselves’.

“I love our reactions, but I don’t get why the same GIFs are shown,” Maria complains, continuing to scroll down.

Hannah chuckles at the comment and looks up when someone walks over to them. Hannah stretches her arms up in the air, making a tiny grimace while stretching out her back and arms and she doesn’t look away from Julia stopping in front of them.

“Ten more minutes,” Julia informs them. They are sitting down at the airport in Hong Kong, waiting to get on the plane back to Korea. She looks tired, like they all do, and just as Hannah thinks her friend looks tired she yawns by herself. Her arms still up in the air; she puts on hand lazily over to hide the yawn and she nods when Maria says she will go on the bathroom before they will leave. Emelia gets up on her feet, sitting nearby, saying she will also go. Julia takes Maria’s seat, lowering her head while yawning too. They are going to Korea to perform both [Black & White] and [-erase you-] at today’s Music Core and then they will have dance practice for the new Japanese song they recently recorded. Though they are tired now, they will wake up once they have gotten their stage performance transformation; probably.

Hannah wets her lips with her tongue when listening to Julia saying something and then bites her lips, blinking with that spacing out face expression as she is thinking of what song they did record in Japanese – she tries to remember the lyrics and the melody, but her brain is dead from yesterday’s event. In the middle of her thinking she sees some fans behind all these rows of chairs in front of them, some waving but most of them are standing with cameras or cell phones. Hannah hasn’t honestly heard them screaming because … it’s pretty basic sound in the airport. Seeing them now she smiles softly and waves to them. She waves with both hands when the fans scream louder to get a response. She also gives them a heart with her hands, thankful for the experience in Hong Kong.

A few minutes later they start moving to board the plane.

It is a short flight, which they are really happy over. When getting of the plane, back in Korea, Hannah is walking with Maria hugging her arm. Most of the time it is Hannah holding Maria’s arm, but the sick leader is tired and exhausted so Hannah leads the way for them both this time. Manager Kim tells them to stop while waiting for the van to pull up; fans even at the Korean airport are being kept at a distance from security. Maria looks so tired and just standing is boring, so from behind she hugs Hannah, holding on to Hannah’s jacket by her stomach and rests her lips on Hannah’s shoulder while resting her eyes a little. Hannah is patting her on her hand first, but stops and just stands there. Maria doesn’t care that the youngest is awkward standing like this; Maria thinks Hannah is the best member to rest on because she never pushes away or complains when Maria does it, even if she is awkward with it. It’s sad to see her so tired and sick when they have a schedule, but Maria still doesn’t say against it, she just continues while taking every chance she can to close her eyes.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

After finishing up at Music Core, 5 Pieces is in the practice room, more awake than what they were in the morning, and they are learning the choreography for the Japanese song [Sleeper]. Since it is a song in a language they are yet not familiar with, they are all focused to learn it. Today and tomorrow they will learn the choreography to then on Monday film the music video, which is short time preparations but apparently that is how they do in Japan. But it seems to go well. The choreography is cool, just like the song, and it is a lot of movements that need to be in synch, but 5 Pieces is fast learning when it comes to that lately so what they have to do is to just remember the steps.

During the one and only break they get, Hannah goes with Maria to the bathroom.

“So what are you going to do with Jonghyun?” Maria asks when she is washing her hands, Hannah already holding up the door. “About you and Honggi kissing, I mean.”

“I don’t know,” Hannah whines and lets Maria walk out first. “I want to tell him, but if I do he will hate me forever. And if I don’t tell him, Honggi might do. But I won’t know if Honggi will tell him, so what if I don’t have to tell him?”

“You would be able to live with not telling him?” Maria wonders.

“No,” Hannah whines like a child, turning towards Maria when walking. “That’s why I am panicking, Maria. I can’t look at Jonghyun knowing that he doesn’t know that Honggi and I … you know. But … how can I tell him? It’s not like we were drunk or that I pushed him away-”

“You said you pushed him away,” Maria is confused.

“But not right away…” Hannah pouts. “And I don’t want to loose Jonghyun because I am a complete idiot.”

“But still, Jonghyun knows you like Honggi, and Honggi was also your first love, which he also knows. They say you never get over your first love,” Maria tells her, her voice hoarse as it as been the whole day – their performance on Music Core was done with just dancing, which is a great thing because her voice wouldn’t have come out if she had been singing. They both stop to not keep the conversation too close to the practice room.

“That’s not helping,” Hannah continues to pout. “If he thinks like that he will definitely hate me forever.”

“But you are not confused with that you want Jonghyun as your boyfriend?”

Hannah gets quiet. She isn’t hesitating, she just feels so bad for that she kissed Honggi. “I don’t know who my first love was,” she admits. It is the first time saying it and Maria looks confused, wondering if the youngest is going to say there is a third guy involved or that she can’t feel love. Hannah looks like she is really going to start cry. “Even when you all thought I loved Honggi, I kept glancing at Jonghyun.”

“Hannah,” Maria sighs, as if nothing changes with her saying that.

“It’s true. All since we first met SHINee and the more we have gotten to know each other, there is absolutely not a single person who makes me feel the way he makes me feel. Just the way he looks at me makes me blush. Honggi doesn’t do that,” Hannah explains, her hand moving in the air. “And that’s why I hate myself because Jonghyun is perfect in my eyes, and yet I … I keep disappoint him and it is making me crazy.”

Maria looks annoyed over something and Hannah pouts, thinking she is going to be scolded again. “Your problem is that you can tell me all day long how much you like Jonghyun, how much you miss him and you can giggle thinking about him – but you don’t seem to ever tell him that. Jonghyun wouldn’t get angry if you said the words you said to me now.”

“I can’t tell him that,” Hannah whines, moving her body along, and Maria gets frustrated asking her why. “I don’t know…”

“That’s just silly.”

“Can’t you tell him?”

“You want me to tell your boyfriend that you love him?”

Hannah nods, with big eyes looking at Maria as if she actually means it but Maria knows she is just being silly. Maria continues to walk while Hannah follows, the blonde girl saying; “And that Honggi and I aren’t talking to each other.”

“Well, that part was pretty obvious in Vietnam when he kept glaring at you. I haven’t seen him that angry before.”

“I told him that I don’t want to be with anyone else than Jonghyun,” Hannah is muttering in a low voice. “Yet I ruined it.”

Their voices fade as they go back to practice. Standing in the corner of a corridor they had passed before stopping, is Jonghyun. He has heard the whole conversation when he had been on his way to make a surprise visit, and just hearing the first words about Hannah and Honggi kissing he had gone all red in his face. Yet he had stayed hidden, listening to the conversation. Wanting to know what they will say made him stop, made him hope they wouldn’t notice him when they walked by but Maria had been looking forward and Hannah had her back towards him while looking at Maria. He heard it all. Hannah and Honggi kissed (who kissed first, why did they kiss and what actually happened in Vietnam?) and he realises when asking in his mind about Vietnam that it must be the reason Hannah kept showing him a weird smile while they were in Hong Kong. Sure she hugged him after MAMA and she was so extremely happy, but that was because of the fun award show; during rehearsals and before she had been all weird towards him. This is the reason. He thought it was because she was nervous, but it was because … she has cheated on him.

Hannah has cheated on him?

But she regrets it. He heard her say it; he has heard her panicking about it. Maria said Hannah is head over heels about Jonghyun, that she giggles thinking of him and that she talks about him.

She still kissed Honggi.

But she likes Honggi too, he knows that. Damn, he knows that too well. And she did say that no one makes her feel the way Jonghyun makes her feel. He knows he loves her, just looking at her or thinking about her, hearing her name or just see something that reminds of her, he gets all warm inside him. How she touches his arm instead of his sleeve like she does on everyone else when walking side by side, how she looks up and smiles at him, her lips touching his when they are kissing and how her fingers go through his hair…

He can’t help but to wonder if she did the same to Honggi too?

He doesn’t know what to believe, what to feel. His heart is going two directions and he doesn’t know which part to follow. The confusion of that she has kissed someone else – not just anyone, but Lee Honggi, THE Lee Honggi – and that she doesn’t even know if she should tell him or not: no, it is just the confusion of that she has kissed someone without it being written down in the script of a drama. He can’t look past that. She shouldn’t know if it would be right to tell him or not because earlier when she has told him things he has reacted the wrong way, sure he can understand that, but she has kissed Lee Honggi.

Back in the practice room, 5 Pieces is working hard on the choreography. After learning it for a few hours, it is definitely not as difficult and tough as their current Korean songs and the ladies have calmed down as they at first were slightly rushed to learn a new dance in two days. Today’s practice ends earlier because they have a radio program to attend; though Hannah won’t attend it because that’s how the schedule has been made. Only coming along for performances, she doesn’t go along to many radios and variety programs – though lately the other ladies don’t attend it much either because of other schedules.

While packing up in the practice-room for everyone to head to, well, the schedule for the others and Hannah will go home; their manager returns to ask if they are ready to go.

“I was told to give this to you,” Manager Kim adds to say and gives Hannah a folded piece of paper.

Their manager looks also tired after the trip, not either she has gotten much rest the past few days when travelling with 5 Pieces and it seems like Maria’s cold has gotten to her. Tomorrow it is Manager Lim who will be with 5 Pieces instead of her, so hopefully she can rest then. Hannah is sitting on the floor as she has just finished stretching, confused over getting a piece of paper. When unfolding it, it stands in Korean. ‘If you aren’t busy, come to the garage when practice ends – I asked your manager already, she agreed to it if you want’. At the end in two simple letters, it is written ‘J H’. Jonghyun. Her heart feels heavy when seeing his writing, no cute smiley or anything it is just a simple writing. It feels cold. Has Honggi told him?

Hannah gets up on her feet, grabs her things and says goodbye to everyone before she hurries to leave – not forgetting to wish them good luck on the radio and for their manager to drive safely. She feels like she should want to run away, to try hide or not want to face him, but she can’t. She doesn’t want Jonghyun to hear Honggi’s version; who knows what he can have said.

Halfway to the garage she slows down. Then what should she say? Nothing she says can explain why they had kissed, nothing she says or do can ever make up to it. She has cheated on Jonghyun. Her feet have stopped moving and she is spacing out, her brain panicking. Can she really face Jonghyun like this? After doing something so bad to him? Does it even matter if she loves him if he can’t trust her? He doesn’t deserve that. She can’t even imagine the look on his face if she goes to see him now; will he have a sad face because he can’t trust her, will he have an angry face because she did something like that or will he have a mix of both because he hates her now? Hannah turns around on her heels, wondering if she shouldn’t go meet him. She could text him to say she … what would she say? He seems to know she doesn’t have anything on her schedule; he met her manager, he probably knows. Hannah has to talk to him, no matter what. She turns around again, heading to the garage in fast steps before she can change her mind. Grabbing the doorknob to the garage she hesitates though, closing her eyes and praying for that the kiss with Honggi never happened. Though it isn’t possible to change her mistake.

She finds his car easily, parked near the door just for her to not miss it. He is sitting in it, waiting, but she can’t make out his face-expression until she has taken a seat. She looks worried, scared; she looks fragile. But Jonghyun … he doesn’t look angry or sad. His face-expression is simple, not really saying much at all and it makes her confused. Does he not know? Honggi hasn’t told him? She lets out a trembling breath when he touches her hand in a greeting and she looks so confused at his hand before he starts to drive.

“How was your day?” he asks in a distant voice, focusing on driving.

Hannah looks scared. He really doesn’t know? Then what should she do? Should she tell him, and if so, how should she tell him? And what if she doesn’t tell him; will Honggi do?

“Hannah?” Jonghyun asks as she isn’t answering his question and Hannah looks down at her hands, unable to look at him. Sitting in the car, just the two of them, it is different from when they had been at MAMA together with everyone else. It’s no way for her to think of something else than the huge mistake she has made and she knows she will never forgive herself for making it.

“I don’t know,” she answers quietly.

He turns his head to look at her and Hannah turns her head to look out the window. She looks like she really regrets it, he thinks, about kissing Honggi. But that doesn’t change that she actually did it.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

EXTRA, 5 PIECES BLOG UPDATE ON DECEMBER 1, 2012 (2012-12-01)

‘Puzzle!

It’s the Amazing Maria updating today, yay for that!

I have spent the whole day re-writing a letter that I would like to share with everyone! As everyone seems to know, I have been sick with a cold this week, but we still blew minds at MAMA yesterday and therefore I wrote this letter. I wrote it in English because it was easier, but for all Koreans I will translate it here on the blog too. But the text in the picture is my very own hand-writing, so please complain how much you want about it (just if you can show me you can do better!) ;)’

¤Maria’s Letter to Puzzle¤

/Is everyone a wreck today because of yesterday’s MAMA? I woke up today, my voice gone and yet I couldn’t stop smiling.

I am writing this letter now after I have seen videos and clips from yesterday’s award show and comments from our fans about

 it, and I am happy to see that we weren’t the only ones having a great time. Yes, indeed, I did shed a tear of happiness when

 watching our baby performing her solo song – you all keep showing the picture of that! – but she was so nervous to be on

 stage performing the song alone and I think it couldn’t have gotten more beautiful than what it became, so I shed a tear

 because of that the Hong Kong audience fulfilled her performance. thank you all for giving her and 5 Pieces all that love

 yesterday, you truly showed us why we keep fighting so hard.

For some reason I feel extremely proud. We have been doing a lot of things this year with concerts and solo activities, trying on

 so many new things and taking on a lot more challenges than we probably thought we could handle, and for the past months

 we have been very emotional working with the album. Maybe because we want to show our best sides for Puzzle or maybe

 because we have been afraid we would fail to stand up to the expectations of our third album. Most of it comes from us, our

own expectations, but what matter is what we all think of the result.

I am proud with our third album for many reasons. [Black & White] is filled with sounds and challenges we haven’t tried before

and we have found out so much more about ourselves and what we can do, working with this album and we have also got the honour to work with amazing producers. And also to meet fans around the world this year has definitely given us a new sound

to put in our music.

When we performed our songs yesterday at MAMA we were so excited to go up on the stage and show what we have prepared,

and to hear and see the cheers of our fans really made all fears of not being good enough disappear.

When we got the awards, I could hear you all scream. I screamed too!

I’m so happy

Yesterday, I felt that it doesn’t matter if we are from another country. I felt loved and welcomed, and it has nothing to do with

where I come from, what colour it is on my skin, how I grew up or that we speak totally different languages. That’s why I am

 proud to hear from people all around the world loving K-Pop, and not just 5 Pieces but other artists too, and we can together

 say “Music Makes One”.

It’s true, isn’t it? Would we who doesn’t care too much about import/export be interested in other countries if music didn’t

 introduce us to each other?

I am thankful for all the great times that we (5 Pieces) have gotten to spend in Korea, in every country we have visited and all

the love we are receiving from people around the world. Our fans Puzzle, if you are a hardcore fan or just someone who enjoys

 our music; if you are our fan, I thank you so much from the bottom of my heart

Our journey together has yet only begun and there are a lot of more things we want to show and share. I have so much I want

 to say to all of you, but for now, this can do

Puzzle, thank you for holding the pieces together

Because we can’t finish the puzzle without one piece

- Captain Awesome, Maria/

COMMENTS:

- “Pieces, thank you for showing that nothing is impossible. Puzzle exists because of 5 Pieces!”

- “Flawless princess Maria <3 She is a true leader, really, this letter was really written from her heart and she wrote it for us by hand, admitting she wrote it several of times. Maria, thank you for guiding not just 5 Pieces but all your fans too. We are always grateful for your existence, thank you!!!!”

- “Oh my I’m crying…”

- “For me Maria is the most flawless and beautiful idol; you are independent and speak your mind, beautiful on the inside and the outside and though you are totally crazy with this Captain Awesome style, you have the purest heart and mind and there will never be anyone alike! You always care for your fans and are honestly the only idol I can see that tries to show how much you love us in exactly everything you do. You never look tired on stage and you are an amazing human being. I adore you and I look up to you, so don’t ever stop being this amazing person”

- “Your handwriting is so cool! It’s great how you reach out for fans all around the world by writing in English, and then you don’t forget the Koreans by translating it, you are truly the coolest person in the universe! (I guess you already know that :D)”

- “Puzzle is so proud over you =D Showing us everything is possible by doing the impossible, 5 Pieces really reaches new levels”

- “A true Captain always speaks her mind. 5 Pieces’ Captain just had to tell Puzzle that they try their best to become the best when Puzzle is every second at every day commenting on how no one can measure to 5 Pieces as they already are the best. 5 Pieces brings so many things to the table that no one has seen, and they don’t even seem to know it. 5 Pieces, you are truly amazing”

- “I have never seen anyone look so proud watching another person perform. You looked like the biggest fan of Hannah at MAMA, but we love you for that!”

- “Are you thanking Puzzle for 5 Pieces saving our lives?”

- “MAMA 2012 was so owned by 5 Pieces! Maybe you didn’t get all the awards you deserve but you still showed the most appreciation of being there, of really wanting to be there. I don’t know what more to say but that 5 Pieces’ mix of being confident and modest is the thing we treasure the most. Thank you”

- “I’m sorry Maria, I love 5 Pieces and your performance was really great, but Hannah’s [I CRY] was just pure perfection from beginning to end. 2012 is definitely Hannah’s year, my favourite artist on earth. Maria, please tell her that we all cry with her!”

- “5 Pieces’ reaction when getting an award is probably the most entertaining thing in history. And then you stepped up on the stage and performed like true artists. I must admit that I really shouted when Big Bang performed, but I lost my mind when 5 Pieces performed. You guys are the best!”

- “I don’t believe that you had a cold -.- it’s outrageous. You can’t have been sick at MAMA, your voice is so attractive. But if you were, you blew my mind any way! Hope you get better soon ^^,”

- “Best Vocal Performance Solo, Best Girl Group, Best Artist of the Year AND Best Album of the Year – Congratulations to 5 Pieces!”

- “Always giving us more reasons to love you. Congratulations for the awards and stay healthy ^_^”

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 30th: Fourth Month ‘Joe – Under Seoul’s Streets’ Chosen As Best Book Of The Month In Korea

Headline 30th: 5 Pieces Steals The Show On MAMA 2012 In Hong Kong

Headline 30th: 5 Pieces Snaps A Picture With Jackie Chan After MAMA

Headline 30th: SM Entertainment Shares Picture Of 5 Pieces With 4 Awards After MAMA In Hong Kong

Headline 30th: Members Of 5 Pieces Sends Their Thanks To Puzzle, MAMA & Hong Kong

 

Headline 01st: (Sweden) Best Book Of Month November Is ‘Joe – Under Seoul’s Streets’, First Time

Headline 01st: 5 Pieces Performs [Black & White] + [-erase you-] On Music Core

Headline 01st: Maria’s Hand-Written Letter For Puzzle Reveals Her Pure Side

Headline 01st: ‘We Got Married’ With 5 Pieces Maria & Actor Hyunsuk Airs Episode 2

Headline 01st: Adam Lambert Compliments 5 Pieces In Interview