Chapter 23

Youngest of Pieces - [Black & White] (7)

Coming off the stage at the final concert, the girls are a huge mess. Just because of what their fans had said, what Maria promised and the thought of the whole concert tour (their absolute first concert tour), they go backstage more of a mess today than yesterday. Maria’s crying is heard loudly and she gets a hug from Manager Lim first of all when coming backstage, saying to ‘Life of Pieces’ that after the hug that she has never been this disappointed in herself before. Why she said that – she explains – is because she wants to give so much more to show how thankful she is to fans.

She hugs her members, one after one, all crying, hugging Leeteuk who has come today too with some of s and she is the loudest mess of them all.

Hannah almost lies down on the chair she is sitting on, getting help by the doctor with her back again, and she closes her eyes while having a stylist wiping away the tears that keep rolling down. Her mind is blank and the tears are rolling uncontrollably, and her back is aching so much and her whole body feels like it won’t want to move now when she has sat down. The room is filled with voices and noise and people are coming in and out, staff and members of Super Junior who hurried backstage to give the girls the first hugs. Emelia touches Hannah’s hand, in Swedish asking how she is feeling – the Swedish talk is always used when they want some privacy in a crowded room as no one in there beside from themselves understands – and Hannah honestly says it hurts, but its worth it.

Hannah doesn’t say that even when they fifteen minutes later are expected to politely and friendly greet those idols coming backstage to congratulate them, her body almost doesn’t move when she tries to get up from the seat. She had been so close to panicking when not being able to lift up her arm, but didn’t have time to panic as the rest of her body manages to get up and she could move her arm again.

She smiles weakly, lowering her head and thanks those congratulating them backstage. SM Town family is there today too, most of them more emotional than yesterday when seeing how sad the girls are that the concert has come to an end, and how happy they are to have succeeded in having this tour. SNSD, f(x), SHINee and Super Junior members, EXO members too as well as BoA and Lee Yeonhee; everyone makes a visit backstage. BoA and Yeonhee came backstage together, Boa looking at 5 Pieces with a smile and saying they look like professionals now – even when crying she thought they did so well. She came yesterday too, telling to ‘Life of Pieces’ today that she can’t miss the final of this historic experience of 5 Pieces’ concert.

Hannah sees Jonghyun coming over in the corridor, greeting people on his way. She doesn’t know if he is heading to her or if he is just walking around talking to whoever he knows, but within a second she has turned around on her heels and is instead facing Donghae and Shindong who are talking to Emelia. She looks at them, her heart beating but she has no idea of what they are saying. She can see their mouths moving, but she is without thinking of it trying to hear what is happening behind her. Without knowing it, her heart was beating so fast when seeing him. The whole day she has avoided him, she doesn’t know why, she just keeps seeing Manager Lim’s face in front of her when he some days ago reminded her to not make it too obvious about her relationship with Jonghyun. Seeing that face in her mind, she looks away whenever she sees Jonghyun near. Her heart beats nervously every time, and now she is waiting to see him walk by or hear his voice or just have anything tell her that he is around.

Her whole body is almost shaking while waiting, expecting him to appear next to her any second or maybe slightly touch her arm, and before she can hear or see anything she walks away to not wait to feel or see what will happen, not even glancing around to see where Jonghyun is. She walks back inside the dressing room to get a simple touch on the make-up. She doesn’t know that she had looked totally weird out there, so Donghae and Emelia are giving each other glances, Jonghyun had also seen her and he seems disappointed.

The whole day she has avoided him, as if he has done something. Whenever their eyes meet, she is fast to look away, and normally she doesn’t do that. He can’t find an opportunity to confront her about it either.

They have a lot of their SM Town family backstage, getting congratulated for the successful concert tour and the final today that went well. When SNSD members came backstage it got so loud; Sooyoung loudly telling everyone they have worked so hard, and Hannah gets a hug from the slim Yoona. They promise to meet at the after party, everyone slowly leaving while 5 Pieces get to meet some VIP fans.

There are more VIP fans today than usually just because it is the very last day and concert. They go up on the stage – the hall is empty by now and the VIP fans have gathered on the stage – cheering when seeing everyone and Maria gets to take a microphone to talk a little. They get to have a small chat with the fans; when being asked if they cried a lot backstage as they cried a lot on the stage, Emelia says that she has never been so happy that the members are so embarrassing to cry like that. They have a good time with their fans, exchanging gifts and also taking pictures. 5 Pieces gets to sign their concert sweaters for each VIP fan, also signing other things if the fans ask for it and taking more individual pictures together: Like a special meeting with the fans. It’s precious; they all know it and they all feel it.

Before leaving the building, 5 Pieces goes around thanking the staff that won’t come along to the after party, thanking them for their hard work and for helping out and being patient and just for the great time together. 5 Pieces changes clothes and all that before heading to the after party, which though is filled with people already doesn’t completely start until 5 Pieces arrived.

{Twitter, 5P_HANNAH: The beginning of our journey is closing another chapter, starting on a new. Did everyone have fun? I can’t wait to see everyone again ^^,}

Hannah tweets with a picture taken from the VIP meeting on the stage, of 5 Pieces with all those fans standing and sitting with the big screen in the back showing their concert logo and picture. She is smiling in the car; she is smiling when entering the after party and the whole surrounding focuses on those five; and she is smiling when being congratulated by friends all around the large room. ‘Life of Pieces’ is filming; they will just film a while there, to show that 5 Pieces get to enjoy the ending of their beginning and the cameras captures the girls being congratulated by staff and by idols for their first concert tour.

Cake is brought in too. It’s three of them; two different ones from Puzzle and a third one from the staff of the concert tour. Only one of them is lightened up with candles for 5 Pieces to blow out, everyone gathering around to see it. Leeteuk, always present, raises a glass and says a few words before they will blow out the candles.

“All five ladies, I want to congratulate you, for making one of the best concerts of this year. Your first concert, if I may add. And though I personally was not invited to perform with you at any of the concerts-”

“Next time, senior,” Carolina kindly tells him and Leeteuk smiles.

“-I am still proud to watch all the hard work you have put through every time and to hear over your success. 5 Pieces, Moon Child concert tour has been a big success and I am happy to say I have guided you through it,” Leeteuk continues and there is laughter around in the room over his words. “Either way; congratulations for this concert!”

“Congratulations!” others repeat with applauses. Some tell the girls to say something too, and Maria automatically takes the word;

“It’s somewhat embarrassing to face all of you tonight, especially as we just have finished a concert and I am exhausted from top to toe. I am sad the concert tour is over, and I hope we can do it soon again – not too soon though because my body can’t handle it. But everyone have given us so much support and love and help with our Moon Child tour that even at the times when we have felt that we aren’t good enough to face our fans because we were scared to disappoint them, we got your help, so on behalf of 5 Pieces; thank you all so much!”

More applauses and cheers comes from the surrounding before they are told to blow out the candles; 5 Pieces standing by the cake leans forward and giggles while getting a countdown and they together blow out the candles. Hannah laughs because Carolina had put her arms around Hannah and Emelia but Emelia had thrown the arm back just before they were blowing out the candles so Carolina almost forgot to blow because she was about to complain for not getting any love. They all blow out the candles and the surrounding cheers and just as Hannah thinks everyone is going to start chatting and have fun in these small little groups, Donghae takes a sneakily step forward, brushes his finger along the cake and quickly puts the cream on Julia’s chin. Everyone laughs and Julia is fast to take some cream on two of her own fingers, quickly putting it on Maria’s face. The leader gives off a shriek before laughing with the others and Hannah puts innocently some cream on Carolina’s face while Carolina ate the cream she put on her own fingers.

Hannah laughs so much when Emelia a line of cream across Hannah’s cheek and she is almost falling to the floor when seeing Maria grabbing a handful of cake before trying to smash it in whoever-is-near ‘s face. Donghae is almost the first victim, but he runs away and Onew becomes the victim instead – the cake smashed over his mouth and Maria leans her head back to give an evil laugh, receiving a cake-smash in her own face by Emelia who came up from behind.

The girls also attacked Jungmo; Emelia later telling the ‘Life of Pieces’ camera that Jungmo has helped out with their band performances for the concert the whole year and that he also has featured in her solo stages, and that he is entering the army soon makes this cake-smashing in his face their way to thank him for all the help.

“EM’s eyes were glimmering brightly when she hit me with the cake,” Jungmo says with a smile when getting up next to her. Emelia smirks.

“It’s fun.”

The camera approaches Hannah when she is wiping away cake from her face, smiling and thanking some others in the room. “Ah… I don’t know what to say. I think I need to melt in that today was the last concert, but … we are celebrating the experience and all fun we have had meeting fans from around the world, and later I will cry over that we won’t have a Moon Child tour again. In a week we have made our comeback performances, so … our fans will get to see the new Pieces fast.”

“Any words for your fans about the tour?”

Hannah’s smile is so cute when getting that question. She gets a pause to bow and greet Kangin who walks by; he gives a wave to the hand to get visibly too before walking away, and Hannah turns back. “Um… We got everything to thank Puzzle for, right? Without our fans we wouldn’t have been able to have this concert tour; we have been able to meet you, our fans, from all around the world, and it is all thanks to everyone supporting us. Hopefully … you will want to come watch our next concert too?” She gives an awkward laugh because she has been talking straight to the camera. “It would have been fun if everyone could come celebrate with us here now, but-”

She is interrupted by Maria embracing her from behind and giving her a glass of – Hannah doesn’t know what it is, but it has alcohol in it.

“We have worked hard to be able to pull through this concert tour, and the response has been awesome wherever we have been going,” Maria is happily saying. “Tonight, for now, we will celebrate and tomorrow we will start thinking of how we can improve to capture the hearts of our fans with better performances. Please look forward to that. Cheers for pulling through, baby.”

Maria raises her own glass in front of Hannah, and the youngest cheers with her before Maria leaves and Hannah takes a sip of the drink. She grimaces, the camera captures it, and she even takes out her tongue when putting away the glass. She will drink something else, probably, than alcohol.

The cameras filming goes around a little, getting comments from the ladies and the SM family that is there (members from SNSD, Super Junior, SHINee and Jungmo are present) and the staff from the concert and managers and stylists of course, also dancers. Lee Sooman is there too, smiling at the familiar camera-man when being approached. The president seems to have something to say.

“5 Pieces sent me a text during their vacation,” he starts off telling with a soft smile that shows whatever he will say, it will be fun, “They wrote that they love their schedules and to do all the amazing things they get to do, but having a vacation should come more often. I know they have worked really hard with the new album and they have matured a lot in their music, so they speak their minds to me now. I don’t know yet if it is a good or bad thing.”

He doesn’t say anything else than that and the camera-man goes to try find some of the members of the girl-group. Hannah is found taking pictures with SNSD’s Jessica and Yoona. The three girls are laughing when giving off different face expressions, pressing their heads close to fit in the picture and though Hannah is standing with two skinny, beautiful women she somehow manages to look beautiful too with her foreign look and happy expression.

Yoona is waving with her whole arm to the camera after that they have taken pictures and had decided to go take some cake now when their manager’s aren’t by that table. Yoona laughs and stops by the camera, looking at the man prettily when being asked if she has something to say to 5 Pieces. Hannah and Jessica shows up behind her.

“Congratulations on finishing your Moon Child tour!” Yoona cheers happily to the camera, waving again as if she is talking to 5 Pieces. “It has been fun watching, and good luck on your new album!”

Hannah laughs behind Yoona when Jessica gives her a back-hug and reaches out a hand to wave for the camera too. “Fighting, 5 Pieces!” Jessica cheers and Hannah just keeps laughing because Jessica’s bony arm is holding on to her tight and Yoona turns around to tell them to hurry up. It has been some time since they could celebrate like this, and 5 Pieces have been told they don’t have a schedule tomorrow; so they are enjoying the party.

Hannah, Yoona and Jessica have sneaked to the side with each holding a piece of cake, eating while making sure no manager is around. They get caught by Shindong though, some of the dancers too take notice of them giggling, eating and looking suspicious. While Hannah is having fun chatting and eating, Maria is drinking and loudly talking to everyone she notices and in the middle of a sentence she can burst out something to someone standing nearby and you can see she is enjoying meeting everyone at the party; Emelia is sitting by a table, talking to those coming to her and those who are near her, only getting up to get something more to drink and eat; Carolina having a great time making people confused with her jokes and she laughs a lot and Julia is drunk after two hours and she is seen holding on to someone’s arm all the time. During the whole party, Hannah barely even exchanges words with Jonghyun, though she even takes a picture with Taemin and talked to the other members in SHINee. She sees Jonghyun talk to Jessica two times, jealously turning away thinking he can talk to whoever he wants. There are a lot of pictures taken at the party. Melissa Allen makes a visit too, her American accent heard through half the room and just by making an entrance the members of 5 Pieces finds their way to meet her, take a few pictures and exchange words and chat and introduce others.

The party goes on for so long. They have dance music too, having so much fun with the dancers, staff and friends and others. Around 3AM, Manager Min says they should head home to sleep. Manager Lim had gotten to celebrate with them at the party, so he went home in a decent time as he after all isn’t twenty years old like the girls who keep having energy at the party.

It’s not like you can say they are wasted, but Julia and stylist Mi Young definitely had more to drink than the others. Hannah has seen Maria totally wasted before; the other members are still a blur in her memory if she has seen them drunk, and so she is very quiet on the ride home when seeing Julia tell them to blast on the music and singing even before the music has been – honestly, she is a little like a sober Maria in a great mood. Jonghyun had texted Hannah when he had left the party, but she hadn’t noticed it until two hours later when she was heading home, and by that time she had two missed calls and four text messages from him. She ended up just writing that she is heading home, that Julia had too much to drink and that they could talk the next day. As he doesn’t answer she thinks he has fallen asleep, and she hesitates to write goodnight to him, ending up not writing anything as it could wake him up.

Stylist Mi Young follows them inside the apartment, but where Mi Young and Julia disappear too, Hannah doesn’t know. She thinks they fall asleep in a room, and Hannah doesn’t really bother since they are quiet and she is busy washing up, get in the comfortable huge t-shirt and sweatpants and covering herself up in a cosy blanket. Maria and Carolina are in the kitchen, getting something to eat – four in the morning – and Manager Min didn’t do anything else but to give them all a ride.

Before going to bed Hannah decides to go say goodnight to Ace, and before finding their cat, she hears something from the other side of the apartment. She walks across the apartment over to where Emelia and Julia’s bedrooms are, and sees Emelia walking out the small bedroom while shaking her head and smiling. Emelia hadn’t been drinking as much as it seemed like at the party; her eyes are red now and she seems more relaxed than what she has been the whole night as she at the party had called out for whoever she saw, waving them over with just one finger and looking at that person with a grimace and asking embarrassing questions that makes the other members happy no cameras or journalists were present. She still looks like she could need some hours of sleep, the circles under her eyes are deep now when the make-up is gone and her face looks paler than what Hannah remembers.

“Those two had way too much to drink,” Emelia chuckles and points to the door next to hers.

“What are they doing…?” Hannah wonders, hesitating to open the door to Julia’s room. There are weird noise coming from in there, and Hannah doesn’t know if she wants to know exactly what is going on the other side. Emelia just tells her to go check before she disappears in to her own room. Hannah sees her old friend leave the bedroom’s door open and she goes to lie down on the bed, like falling apart over it tiredly. Hannah gets tempted to go do the same on her own bed, but she is still curious of what is going on in the other room. Taking a deep breath, she gets the courage to push open the door. The first thing she sees is seeing someone sitting on the floor, back facing Hannah, and then seeing, surprisingly, something that makes her eyes try to focus and she grimaces. “What are you doing?” Her voice puts a big focus on the ‘what’ in that question.

Sitting on the floor in the middle of the room is both Julia and Mi Young, both of them reading what looks to be letters – the floor is spread out with letters around them – and they are crying as if they are reading the letter of their dead love of their lives or something, and the sight of it is just … Hannah is speechless. She looks stunned at the two girls, and she got no idea of why the two drink girls are crying over letters.

“This is perfectly wonderfully beautiful,” Julia cries and waves her hand with a letter. “Our fans have such beautiful hearts.”

Hannah breathes in and opens to say something, but she get stuck on what exactly to say, and after some long seconds she ends up asking just; “What?”

“Puzzle! They have sent letters! For our last concert!” Julia cries loudly, putting the sentence in parts as she is crying and waving the letters she picks up as if she has to show Hannah the amount. “Every word in here…”

“They are angels,” Mi Young fills in for Julia and the two of them cries out together even more.

Hannah quietly and slowly steps back, basically frightened of their behaviour, and she sneaks in to Emelia’s room next too. “What’s wrong with them?” Hannah asks in a light voice, sounding worried. Emelia just giggles; she is now lying under her quilt with her eyes barely open but she is giggling so Hannah knows she is awake.

“Too much to drink, I guess,” Emelia simply answers and they both laugh when hearing the noise from the other side of the wall across the room. “Or someone put something in their glass. I’m not sure. Are you the only sober one tonight or what?”

“Its morning, not night,” Hannah corrects her, taking a glance on the clock on the wall. Emelia’s clock hanging there is made of a fan; pictures of Emelia shown on the clock, and Hannah maybe always looks at it when she is in the room but she still think it is pretty scaring. “And I don’t want to have a headache when waking up; doesn’t that make me more mature than you?”

“Far from it,” Emelia mutters. “You are just scared to get drunk. While me, on the other hand, will have a headache in the morning – so go tell Carolina to bring my food here, because I am not getting up.”

Hannah smiles, pats her friend on the leg before leaving.

Hannah goes to bed after telling Carolina that, and she falls asleep to the sound of her members watching TV and eating and walking back and forth.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Monday is so weird. 5 Pieces have not a single thing on their schedule today, because the agency thought they would want a resting day after ending their concert tour. Exhausted from the concert and after party, Hannah wakes up around 12AM, by then already Julia has been up for three hours and has been making toasts and watching TV because she has a hangover – or she was still drunk when she realised she couldn’t fall asleep and got up to eat something, and also Emelia has been up for just a little while, now also busy eating toast with Julia. The whole apartment smells toast and Hannah goes to sit down by the TV with her blanket around her, not really awake yet.

“Where’s Mi Young?” Hannah wonders, remembering the weird cry-scene she saw of Julia and Mi Young. She is not going to mention seeing it, ever, ever.

“Asleep,” Julia answers. “She slept in the bed with me. It was crazy last night; I barely remember half of it.”

Emelia glances at Hannah, and Hannah hides her smile behind her blanket. There is a chance Julia can’t remember what happened after coming home, so Hannah hopes Emelia will mention it for her, hoping to see that face expression of Julia when realising what she did. Hannah will pretend she went to bed right after washing up; she will pretend she did not see that scene.

“Do you remember reading letters?” Emelia can’t help but to ask, having that I-know-something expression in her smirk and eyes. Julia does seem like she remembers something, raising her hand and spacing out while focusing on that memory.

“I don’t remember reading it, but I remember what I have read. It is weird but I do remember letters, though I don’t remember reading them,” she answers and Hannah keeps hiding behind her blanket while trying to not laugh. “I don’t think I remember much from after we left the party…”

“Too bad. You missed a show,” Emelia chuckles.

“What do you mean?” Julia looks worried. “Did I do something? Ah! Don’t tell me-?”

Hannah laughs at Julia who imagines the things she could’ve done and Emelia enjoying the sight of it. Not until Julia has gone down on her knees and begs to be told what mistakes she did, Emelia decides to tell her. Julia hasn’t even asked Hannah to tell her, as if she is expecting Hannah to not know anything. You can see how Emelia loves to have the upper hand; to have Julia beg for her to tell and Emelia seem to know that Hannah won’t tell anything. Whenever Emelia can, she will enjoy watch the embarrassing things of others and then remind them of it. It makes Hannah happy she rarely makes these kinds of things – another reason she doesn’t drink much when Emelia is near.

“Don’t you remember crying your eyes out when reading the letters? You told me you could go marry a fan right away and if it wasn’t for me; you and Mi Young would’ve left trying to marry someone,” Emelia tells and Hannah laughs because she hadn’t heard that part.

“So I did cry? I felt all weird when waking up, my eyes all strange…” Julia seems to actually take it well; only looking like things makes sense now.

“And at the party you got angry at Manager Min for wanting us to leave, so you sat down on the floor and said you wouldn’t go unless you have some pretty boy helping you up,” Emelia continues, watching Julia’s face carefully, “and you also told one of the staff before that, that you would want to see his abs. what’s wrong with you when you are drunk?”

“Emelia, you weren’t much better yourself,” Hannah giggles and when the two girls looks at her, she explains; “you kept calling people over to ask things like when they had their last kiss, if they have done illegally things, if they want to die because they are smoking… and you didn’t leave that table, so basically most people avoided that area.”

“I knew what I was doing, Hannah, because I didn’t drink that much yesterday. I know exactly what questions I asked and who I asked them too.”

“Then what did you ask Taemin?” Hannah asks, remembering that part very clearly because Taemin had afterwards come to Hannah and asked if Emelia didn’t have too much to drink. Getting the question now, Emelia gets quiet, focusing her eyes on Hannah as if Hannah’s expression is going to give her a hint – that’s not true though. Emelia asks if she asked him anything about him looking like a girl, but Hannah shakes her head. “You asked how he feels about having Maria taking his first kiss.”

“Ah…” Julia seems to remember something.

“Ah!” Emelia says and claps her hands together once. “I asked him that?”

“You specifically mentioned that incident two years ago, before SHINee released [Lucifer] during the time we were active with [Original], when we were at some get-together and Maria had kissed him right on the mouth. You also asked him if he changed towards Maria after that.”

“Poor boy,” Julia mutters and then giggles by the memory of the incident that shook everyone; because that kiss two years ago wasn’t actually going to happen. “Wait, isn’t that a secret?”

Hannah smiles, nodding for answer. Emelia says; “Maria said we should all forget it. She apologized so much to Taemin, saying she didn’t mean too, though she also said he can give back to her when he has grown a little older… Anyway, he doesn’t hate me for bringing that up, right?”

Hannah shrugs her shoulders with a smile. Now they both knows what they did last night, Emelia knows that she shouldn’t laugh at Julia because she did just as embarrassing things if not more embarrassing, and Hannah is happy she hasn’t been asked if she saw Julia crying.

After half an hour, Hannah is sitting by her laptop by the kitchen table, writing. Jonghyun hasn’t called or texted her today, so she is for some reason waiting for it. Mi Young and Maria wake up before 2PM, and Maria wakes up Carolina after 3PM. The whole day is spent sleeping, and for the rest of the day they all just seem to be resting. Not even getting dressed. Mi Young gets to wash up and borrow clothes, also staying for a while. It’s very comfortable, everyone watching TV in pyjamas, no make-up and Ace is going around cuddling with everyone and Hannah gets to write more than she thought she would do.

At 7PM, Maria comes up with that they should go to the cinema. The movie Taken 2 is currently showing and most of them have before mentioned that they have to see it – it’s not that they WANT to see it; it is that they HAVE to see it. Hannah has watched the first movie a dozen of times and she has this celebrity crush on the main actor. It is something attractive with men fighting coolly without boasting, and they have manly voices. She can think of a few, but before continuing on that thought, she finds herself sitting at the cinema at the latest movie together with her group, Mi Young, Yong Hyun and Manager Min. All eight of them are watching the movie with big eyes.

It is one of the rare days off of 2012 for Hannah, and she doesn’t regret it at all. She has spent half the day sleeping, the other half doing nothing much at all, and in the late evening she is at the movies with her closest friends – her members and stylists. Could it be better on a day off?

Then tomorrow, 5 Pieces will film the variety program Running Man.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 14th: Comeback Teaser #11 – [Black & White] MV Teaser 2

Headline 14th: Impressive Final Concert For Moon Child Tour

Headline 14th: 5 Pieces’ Wraps Up Moon Child Tour With Over 181.100 Fans In Total

Headline 14th: 5 Pieces’ Says Goodbye To Moon Child Tour To Make Album Comeback Next Week

 

Headline 15th: 5 Pieces Sends Personal Thanks To Fans After Ending Moon Child Tour

Headline 15th: News Programs Airs The Successful Journey Of Moon Child Tour

Headline 15th: 5 Pieces Enjoys Going To The Cinemas To Celebrate Their Successful Tour Ending