Chapter 61 - Headlines

Youngest of Pieces - [Black & White] (7)

HEADLINE 18TH: 5 PIECES’ HANNAH SPOTTED IN SWEDEN

On Sunday the 16th it was announced by SM Entertainment that 5 Pieces’ Hannah would go to Sweden for a few days due to family issues. Without any more explanations, fans have been fast to wonder what kind of issues it would be, though the fans in Sweden were just going crazy by the thought of a Piece heading to Sweden. Though Hannah hasn’t updating her twitter account, there are fans in Sweden that have spotted Hannah meeting Maria’s sister, being on the bus and walking around in the city of her hometown. Here below is pictures and text taken from a fan-account for all fans curious of what Hannah has been up to for the short visit so far.

The person who has written lives in 5 Pieces’ hometown, she goes to school in another city but for the winter break she is currently in the hometown and this is what she writes about 5 Pieces’ Hannah;

‘First of all, people calling 5 Pieces rude are totally insane because I have met Hannah and she is the most adorable person on earth. My friend and I were strolling around in the city, looking around like crazy hoping to catch a glimpse of the magnae we all love. Around lunchtime on Monday we saw her for the first time! We were walking around outside when my friend pointed at this blonde haired girl who was walking in a thick winter jacket with the hood up over her head so it wasn’t really easy to see her face but my friend thought it was her so we walked after her a bit before daring to step up to her. And she was so pretty! I mean, no make-up at all and her eyes were like super clear and she was so pretty that I swear it was like watching a perfect person so I almost stopped breathing… We asked her if she was 5 Pieces Hannah because, you know, it’s weird to start off otherwise, and she was so cute when saying she is Hannah and omg I think I lost my mind.

We asked her for how long she will stay in Sweden and she said she would go back on Wednesday (sadly, she is in Sweden for just three days!) and she then apologized to us because she had to go meet a friend. Sadly for her, we followed her… But here comes the real information guys;

Hannah went to a bookstore, and we found out that Maria’s sister actually works there! If Maria also came to Sweden, we would’ve thought it was Maria she was meeting up with because Maria and her sister look like twins, seriously. But Hannah was in there for over an hour; standing by the counter to talk to Maria’s sister (they talked so much, like nonstop, it was really cute to see how close they are) and whenever it came a lot of customers Hannah would walk around in the bookstore. And when people say that this girl like books, they are not kidding! Hannah was so interested in the books that she was totally clueless about us sneaking around in the store too, so we actually were really close which you can see in the pictures below and even caught what books she was looking at. One fun part during this bookstore episode is that Hannah was even looking at her own book; she looked so amazed and was smiling prettily. And yes, I got tempted to buy a second copy of it just to ask her for an autograph…

With Maria’s sister, Hannah went to eat lunch at McDonalds. I seriously thought with that body of hers she couldn’t eat fast food so it felt like a blessing to see her eat there. At first we were too scared to follow inside, but lurking outside the window was worse so we left a while to let them have some privacy. Though we lost them after that -.-’

.

PART 2!

‘The creepy fan couple has done it again! We actually found out through another fan that Hannah went to the gym earlier this morning, so the picture above is the one picture taken from the gym by that fan. The quality maybe isn’t the best but you can see how hardworking 5 Pieces magnae is to look great, right? Now we understand why she can eat fast food…

We also caught Hannah on the bus after that. She was with someone who I think is her manager, because he was clearly Korean and he had no idea of what we were saying. A lot of idols actually seem to have the managers being overprotective and then rude to fans and such, but this guy was just standing next to Hannah. It was while waiting for the bus to come, and there were actually more fans than just us so the other people waiting for the bus were like wondering why people were giggling and standing with cell phones pointing to the poor blonde girl who was talking on the phone. My friend filmed it, we were standing pretty close, so she caught it on camera ^_^ I swear, everything this girl does is cute, even talking on the phone. She kept glancing around after the bus and her eyes are like super pure and innocent and whenever she looked over her shoulder us fans would be like ‘iiiiih she looked this way!’ and we were super dorky…

Hannah was really sweet though. She would look embarrassed when seeing that all of us were fans and some boy actually called out her name so she turned around and when seeing the cameras she turned back embarrassed and her manager turned back with this manager-look telling us to not disturb but I still called out that she is pretty (she wasn’t on the phone at that time XD). She was blushing so cute! My friend actually dared to ask her if she disliked the amount of snow we have in Sweden and she was really sweet because she smiled and said that there is no winter without this much snow so she was actually happy to be in Sweden to see it. She even told us to have a lot of fun in the snow XD

Before anyone dared to ask for an autograph, the bus came… We actually got on it too, me and my friend, and some of the others got on too because … who would want to miss a chance like this?

She sat by the window on the bus, next to her manager, and she changed completely on the bus. She listened to music and she looked out the window, looking to be in other thoughts and suddenly she looked so tired too because she kept resting her head on the side and even when her manager talked to her she rested her head towards him but listened without any interest at all. But she had been so kind to us before so I thought she really is pure for not wanting to disappoint us fans. But Hannah was seriously really down to earth and adorable! She was just really so freaking cute that I’m honestly in love, even if I’m a girl.’

COMMENTS:

- “I wonder what family issues she had :( hope everything is well. But she looked to have fun, and I must admit that those Swedish fans were so lucky!”

- “It’s so much snow in Sweden in those pictures!!!! O_O No wonder 5 Pieces misses home around Christmas; there is no snow to play in in Korea ;)”

- “Hannah is so cute XD She looks like she really was comfortable walking around in Sweden, even if fans followed her and meeting Maria’s sister they must really be close, right? Maria looks a lot like her sister, so no wonder Hannah gets along well with the sister ;) hi-hi”

- “Poor girl. She went to Sweden for family issues but can’t even take the bus without being surrounded. Lucky fans that their idol is so kind, Hannah really mustn’t have expected to get any attention at all the way she reacted. Her manager looks like he really wants everyone to back off, too bad he couldn’t speak Swedish”

- “Can you be more adorable~~ She is really shy getting the attention but I am so happy I got to see this because I have never seen anything as adorable as the video of Hannah waiting for the bus :D”

- “Maria’s sister is really pretty!!”

- “Is that her face WITHOUT make-up????????? How is that possible? How is she possible? Hannah is really beautiful, seriously, like a Swedish Goddess! And she is so pretty when she smiles and when she talks it is like *melts* how can you NOT fall in love in this girl? Just look at her… omg so pretty~”

- “Hannah is perfect, we got it confirmed from this now <3 Still curious of what kind of family issue she has :/”

- “Lucky fans! I realise that in Sweden, 5 Pieces seem to walk around as if they aren’t idols xD they should realise they are recognized everywhere now ^^.”

- “Swedish channel TV4 have announced that the author of the book ‘Joe – Under Seoul’s Streets’ will be guest on their morning show and do an interview on Wednesday!!!!! Urgent news, Swedish fans; turn on your TV in the time 7AM-10AM on Wednesday!!!! Hannah will appear sometime there!”

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

HEADLINE 19TH: FULL MUSIC VIDEO FOR [DAZE] RELEASED + MOST VIEWED VIDEO ON YOUTUBE OF THE DAY

5 Pieces is making 2012 their year from beginning to end. With last week releasing the mysterious track [Daze] with two music video teasers, the full audio for the song and then performing the amazingly insane song live on the weekend’s music programs, the full music video for [Daze] has been revealed and within just a few hours the music video has break out with a record on YouTube as the most viewed video during the shortest time as the video has gotten more than thousand of views, and it hasn’t even been four hours since the release.

For fans that were totally taken back by 5 Pieces in tattoos and dancing crazily the past weekend to the song [Daze], there is actually a warning for this music video that sensitive viewers should not watch in case you might faint or practically loose yourself.

With 5 Pieces already have made a legendary comeback with their music videos for [Black & White] and [-erase you-], it seems like it would be impossible to surprise or impress more. But 5 Pieces have now done it with the music video for [Daze]. The song was produced by American song-writer/producer Melissa Allen, who also produced the song [Black & White] and song has already gotten a lot of praise for the high quality of not just the music but also for 5 Pieces’ voices and the choreography has also gotten a lot of praise for being something never before seen in Korean music.

Watch the music video here below and give us your comment.

.

2012-12-19 – 5 Pieces’ [Daze] MV

- The music video starts off showing a pair of bright pink one-colour sneakers walking towards the corner of the camera. The surrounding is dull, which the whole video concept is, while just the sneakers and standing out in colour. While the sneakers are slowly walking, the music starts to play and Emelia’s voice is heard saying *DAZZLE… STUN… DAZE…* while also the scene changes to capture the members of 5 Pieces stand in their positions, though it just briefly showed before the sneakers are showed again, this time the camera starts to zoom out on the person walking in the sneakers. It zooms out on a pair of black jeans, long sleeves and a faux leather high-neck top with buckle details. Half of Carolina’s face is hidden and she is looking straight ahead though the camera is filming from the side, following her as she is about to walk by. She grabs the high-neck covering while the camera shifts to show 5 Pieces as a group moving along to the beat before you see Carolina pull down the high-neck just as she gives a glare to the camera, saying *5 Pieces*

- The beat in the music enters at the same time as 5 Pieces, by then standing in a line after each other, bursts out in different directions while dancing, different scenes of the girls dancing the same thing is showed, the girls wearing different clothes and they have their fake tattoos with words written.

- Maria is sitting in a bedroom, sitting by the make-up table with a mirror in front of her. She is wearing a fitting dress with silver/black police tape filled with unreadable words, staring in to the mirror while lip-synching to her parts, looking pissed off and annoyed.

*When I WAKE UP in the morning,

See myself in the mirror

I can only see the faults in my face,

The difference from me to you*

- In her parts it is clips of the dancing scene, and in the bedroom there are different scenes of Maria leaning her hand on the mirror while glaring at her reflection, of Maria kicking away the chair in the room in frustration, of Maria smear out red lipstick with her whole hand on the mirror to cover her face (the red lipstick stands out in the dull colours of the video) and her part ends with Maria at the door to the room, opening it and stepping out, the camera revealing what it stands on the door when it gets shut after her leaving; ‘perfection doesn’t exist’ in English. During the whole beginning, these really fast clips of the girls’ fake tattoos have been appearing now and then, on thighs, wrists, arms and collarbones just like it did in the second music video teaser. During Carolina’s part coming after Maria’s, the girl is walking along the corridor as she did in the beginning though only now there are mannequins that are all dressed the same standing along the sides. Carolina’s part goes like;

*People are living their lives in routines.

I don’t judge, I just walk on my own*

Hannah’s part shows close-ups on her and mostly parts of the dance.

*The eyes looking at me,

When I walk down the street, the judging eyes*

At the last words there, Emelia’s dark eyes are up for a close-up, followed by Hannah having her fingers messing up her hair for the next line *I get scared to stand out,* and the dance is showed of her following the others; *To show that I am not like you*

- Emelia appears for her rap later in the video wearing a straightjacket in white, her arms stuck in it and she is rapping crazily with two different parts of the same scene mashed up so for one part Emelia is just sitting there and moving to the rap while for the other part she is crazily moving and showing how crazy she is. The camera circles around to show behind Emelia, where Hannah is sitting like her other half, also wearing a straightjacket and looking insane as she is rapping her part. She is shaking her head with her hair flying while trying to get loose.

.

COMMENTS:

- “Maria’s legs……………………………………………………………………”

- “I got no other words but to say that I am in a daze! Seriously, 5 Pieces, WHAT ARE YOU????? This can’t be human. This can’t be SM’s creation… SM always has such boring videos of just dancing, and then they have 5 Pieces’ videos always being … what is this???”

- “Freaking awesome music video! I don’t know where to watch or what I miss and I can’t even blink because omg seriously what is up with 5 Pieces breaking out over the edge. This is freaking awesome and I must’ve lost my breath just seeing Carolina start off the video with *5 PIECES* so coooll!”

- “Hot. y. Crazy.”

- “It’s that moment when you realise 5 Pieces was not kidding when they said that pirates are taking over the world.”

- “Screw 2NE1 with their I Am The Best, we have 5 Pieces – our Originals that are Black & White and they put us in a Daze.”

- “I can’t believe what I just saw… Carolina has pink sneakers and she complains to mannequins, Maria is wrapped in police tape and has words written on her model-legs, Julia is lying ready on the floor, Hannah raps and does Changmin high adlibs and Emelia is a psycho. From fighters to freaks. 5 Pieces, have you found yourselves?”

- “OMG YES let me go down on my knees in front of you!”

- “Ummmmmm cool”

Answer on the one above: - “That’s just one line in L for Legendary”

- “This MV is seriously freaky insane. Having mannequins to represent humans, are you nuts? I love it! Carolina looks so annoyed at them XD But it’s great. All idols look the same, and then … there’s 5 Pieces XD Great song for a great group!”

- “I don’t know what to scream the highest over: Hannah’s rap, Hannah’s adlib or Hannah’s hair throwing!”

- “Trying too much maybe? Wannabe idiots”

- “Maria’s voice in the chorus is like killing me and Carolina singing to the mannequins makes me think she is jealous of Maria’s mannequin body XD But seriously, I am trying to melt this whole Daze concept. What’s up with this song? It’s driving me crazily insane over 5 Pieces! And I can’t stop trying to move my legs like that!!!”

- “Am I the only one thinking of how freaking hot these girls look when they are insane? Have never seen crazy girls look so hot before. Let me drool and love you for an eternity~”

- “Maria can create war with those legs”

- “EM O__________________________O”

- “Now let’s just wait for all the fans uploading videos of trying out this dance! I am laughing already…”

- “Hihihihihihihihihihi Hannah is like super y in this mv hihihihihihihihi I’m in a daze over her. marry me, and marry me now~ My heart is really hurting over how perfect she has become O_O it’s like … no flaw. Perfection does have a name: HANNAH!”

- “Does anyone here know what they are singing? I can only catch up with a few parts. Desperate here!”

Answer on the one above: - “Shortly said the song is about how people are afraid to show that they are different, how all the judgement of strangers are making them ask how we can survive living like this when we have to be like everyone else, so in the chorus they are singing ‘I am beautiful, I am different’ because they are themselves, that there is no one like you and so. It’s a really great message, hope this helped ^^,”

- “I LOVE THIS SONG AND MV AND 5 PIECES!”

- “This is true art. I believe 5 Pieces can change the world!”

- “Wooooooooooooooooooooot OMG! Am I dead? I must be… Such beauty and perfection like 5 Pieces can’t really exist right O_o”

- “Not good -.-”

- “This is girls’ domination, people. Freaky crazy pirate ladies telling being different and not succeed all the time is better than humans being mannequins (everyone looking the same), and I think no group but 5 Pieces can sing this kind of song without being seen the wrong way. Because This Is 5 Pieces! Imagine SNSD or SISTAR perform this song, you would leave laughing ;)”

Answer on the one above: - “Not even 2NE1 can pull this one off! Melissa Allen created this song for 5 Pieces definitely!”

- “I can see Hannah’s shoulder in the MV!!!! And what’s up with the tattoos? It looks hot! I wonder if she has that butterfly tattoo also… ;)”

- “Copycats much? What, are they some 2NE1 wannabe group? 2NE1 rocks. They can dance and sing and rap and they got style while these … are just yuck”

Answer on the one above: - “Oh dear, 5 Pieces had the freaking awesome style before 2NE1 debuted. And how the are they copying 2NE1 with this song? If you actually pressed the play button and watched the video instead of just commenting, you will realise nothing like [Daze] or 5 Pieces have existed before this. Yucky you”

- “And SNSD is making a comeback soon? With what? How can they possibly go against this? And I probably ask the same question as everyone else in the stunning shock of watching this video; what is this? I don’t think goddess is enough to describe 5 Pieces anymore…”

- “I have said it before and I’m saying it again; poor K-pop. 5 Pieces is wiping the floor with you ;)”

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

HEADLINE 19TH: 5 PIECES PRAISED BY P!NK FOR MUSIC, STYLE & COURAGE

5 Pieces released their music video for the Korean song [Daze] just a few hours ago, and someone who seems to have been fast to catch up with the video is none other than the American artist P!nk. Through twitter, P!nk first gave a link to the music video on YouTube and wrote to all her fans that this is a video made of true artists, and a minute later she wrote another tweet that said this;

“I am watching through video after video on YouTube by the phenomenal group 5 Pieces. I got no idea of what they sing half of the time, but with that style it doesn’t matter.”

A few minutes later, P!nk tweeted about 5 Pieces again, this time she wrote; “I am head over heels for 5 Pieces. The songs Daze and Erase You are like a must on the playlist now. Check them out! They got everything a superstar needs.”

Other American artists have also recently showed interest in 5 Pieces. Vampire Diaries actress Nina Dobrev have before used twitter to write about the [Black & White] music video that she seemed to have fallen in love with, and also actor Hugh Jackman not long ago said he wants to meet 5 Pieces. Singer Katy Perry has showed love to 5 Pieces’ [Black & White] and also Hannah’s [I CRY] and she also follows the members of 5 Pieces on twitter and someone who constantly is showing her love and support to 5 Pieces is the American comedian Ellen DeGeneres who already last year showed a lot of support to the girl-group by promoting their songs as well as letting them perform and guest on her talk show. Also recently not just have Ellen been playing 5 Pieces’ songs on her show but she also promoted 5 Pieces’ [Black & White] single that apparently made a great impact so 5 Pieces sent in a video thanking her for it.

Following P!nk’s tweet, Ellen re-tweeted one of them and wrote ‘all this time I have told you, only now you realise?’ and with that making fun of that Ellen one year ago was talking about how great 5 Pieces is while others seems to only take notice of it now.

What do you think, is 5 Pieces taking over the world? 2012 definitely is a year for Pieces!

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

EXTRA: SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT 5 PIECES

1. Maria sleeps the most in the group

2. Carolina often tries to be a good member by helping out, but often fails

3. Hannah is a cry baby

4. Julia is an Uncle

5. Emelia isn’t as cold as she thinks she is

7. Emelia has the baby-face (without make-up)

8. Their dream was to stand on stage along with DBSK most of all

9. All the members miss their parents, but not Hannah

14. None of the members like smoking

15. Emelia and Julia disliked SNSD a lot before debut, but then they got to know each other and changed their minds

16. Maria wants a boyfriend with a nice back (a trained back), Emelia too

17. Maria have decided that she’s going to have three kids – and their names

18. Carolina has always been the outcast in the group without a reason (the other members fools around with her)

22. Maria wants to date a lot of celebrities

24. Emelia and Maria have made Hannah cry a lot of times

25. Julia had a crush in Sweden (revealed on We Got Married)

26. Emelia rarely sleep, instead she takes photos of the sleeping members

27. Carolina has only eyes for one guy she says

28. All five of them graduated from high school in June 2011; they took classes through Internet because they couldn’t go to school that often

30. Maria, Emelia and Carolina all three listens to music when they’re going to sleep, which is why Hannah and Julia shared room their first three years in Korea

31. No one laughs at Carolina’s jokes

33. Emelia is jealous of Hannah’s popularity in Japan after the successful drama she was in

36. When Hannah was in a serious car-accident 2010, Emelia wrote “it’s the worst week of my life” at twitter.

37. Maria calls her fans for love-lovers

38. Emelia and Hannah have in 2011 been best friends for 10 years

39. “Our group is based on friendship, no one but ourselves can break it” – Emelia

40. Julia felt out of place when she first joined 5 Pieces because the other members were so lively and close to each other, but she doesn’t feel that anymore

41. 5 Pieces is really thoughtful about their fans; they created a blog just to keep fans updated and to answer mails easier – all five members uses the blog frequently

42. Carolina is the most fluent in Korean

43. 5 Pieces thinks it’s mysterious that Hannah learned to speak Japanese so easily when she still struggles with Korean

44. 5 Pieces cleans their own dorm

45. Maria is a die-hard fan of Shinhwa; she cried when seeing them in person

47. Hannah was once scolded by a fan at a fan-signing for not understanding what she said.

48. Emelia likes to receive compliments with a smirk, often saying that she already knows it

49. Carolina often talks about 5 Pieces on her radio. She revealed they sneaked away from practice around their debut time to go eat

53. Carolina, Julia and Emelia all three wears glasses for their sight (mostly when reading), while Hannah and Maria have never needed glasses.

54. Hannah is the only left handed member; all other four are right handed

55. 5 Pieces play rock, paper, scissors to solve most things

56. Maria intimates male idols with her talkative, open and straightforward personality (but she says she is closer to male idols than female idols…)

57. Julia and Emelia are only children at home, Carolina has an older brother while Hannah and Maria both have four siblings

58. Maria and Hannah are the bookworms of fantasy novels

59. Maria has never been in a relationship before, so she often daydreams about going on dates

60. 5 Pieces signed a date-banning contract at the beginning of 2012, said the reason was “we got too popular” but none of the girls seems to be complaining as they say they don’t have time with boyfriends (the contract ends in 2014)

62. The girls can in total speak seven languages; Swedish, English, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, German and Spanish

63. Maria shows the most changing temperament, but 5 Pieces says Hannah’s mood changes the fastest and more extreme

64. Carolina is the strongest in the group, but with Hannah frequently going to the gym they don’t know which one is stronger

65. Emelia thinks most of their Korean friends that say they are good at English, are at a second-graders level in Sweden

66. Before going on stage together, 5 Pieces puts their hands together and shouts; “who are we? 5 Pieces!” to raise the excitement – according to Julia, no matter what emotion they had before they would get excited when doing that

68. Maria can eat enough for three grown men! She is the skinniest member

69. Julia is the only member with a driving licence; on her 20th birthday in 2012 she got a car by her members

70. Hannah is the only member who can wake Maria up without getting hurt

71. Carolina drew 5 Pieces’ faces in manga-style for their first concert ‘Moon Child’ ending outfit!

72. At Ellen DeGeneres show in 2011, 5 Pieces reveal they like to fangirl over boys (like Jacob Black in Twilight)

73. In Life of Pieces 2012, 5 Pieces pushed their manager in the water because he was smoking too close to them

77. 5 Pieces cares a lot for the staff when filming, and in ‘Best of 5’ they used to sit down and eat together

78. Carolina and Maria always keep an update on what is said about the group on the Internet

79. Maria and Hannah have a habit of talking fast when they get excited and they tend to mix languages too. Maria said on radio that it got difficult when Hannah added Japanese in the mix, as Maria didn’t always know what those words meant.

81. Emelia said 5 Pieces changed after solo performances because they all turned 20 during that period, so they seemed more mature after

83. With their third album, 5 Pieces said they wanted to show their growth as singers and they impressed with how much they have improved.

84. The song [The Rainbows Colours] is dedicated to 5 Pieces’ fans

87. Julia is addicted to coffee

88. On 5 Pieces’ third anniversary in Korea, they got a kitten (named Ace) from their fans because the girls said they really want a pet and ever since, 5 Pieces keeps showing how well Ace is doing

90. When EXO made their debut, 5 Pieces would watch their performances and give them advice to improve, Maria particularly kept a close eye on them because she was active as solo

93. Their team motto is “you can’t finish the puzzle without one piece”, and a lot of people forget that their puzzle has six pieces – 5 Pieces + their fans

94. Hannah is the member never talking about her family but on Life of Pieces 2012 at their Jeju trip, Hannah looked to be at peace by the sea and said she spent her childhood on the sea with her family. Fans got touched by her sudden confession

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 17th: Best Book Of The Week, 20th In A Row Is ‘Joe – Under Seoul’s Streets’

Headline 17th: 5 Pieces To Release Repacked Album In January

Headline 17th: [Daze] Does An All-Kill On Music Charts In Korea

Headline 17th: 5 Pieces Will Have A Special Christmas Radio 2-Hour On The 24th

 

Headline 18th: 5 Pieces’ Hannah Spotted In Sweden

 

Headline 19th: Full Music Video For [Daze] Released + Most Viewed Video On YouTube Of The Day

Headline 19th: 5 Pieces Praised By P!nk For Music, Style & Courage