Chapter 04

Youngest of Pieces - [Black & White] (7)

“CHEERS!” Maria’s voice echoes in the large room where everyone has gathered after the concert. “To a successful concert today, that everything went well and though some fans were over excited, we all had a great time together. Thank you to everyone who have helped us to be able to come all the way to Taipei, for spending this beautiful time together, thank you all!”

In the middle of talking she had kind of hit Emelia who is sitting on the chair next to her; the group’s rapper had started to eat from the food that has arrived on their plates before the cheer talk was over. Emelia chuckled and put down her hand, raising her glass anew to join the others while Maria kept talking, finishing the cheer and everyone can get to drink. Everyone there have alcohol in their glass, even Taemin who is of that age now since last month. After Maria’s words and drinking from the cheer, people start to eat and chat friendly. Hannah is sitting between Julia and Manager Lim. Julia is chatting to their newest stylist and their manager is busy talking to some of the older staff sitting with them, and Hannah is just smiling at what Maria just said. Jonghyun had wanted to sit next to Hannah, but Manager Lim had been fast to take that seat, so now he is sitting some seats away next to Onew.

She is tired from the concert. Her back is hurting, though the best thing about their ‘Moon Child’ concert is just that they don’t wear high heels for their performances – beside from Hannah’s [Burning] solo. Her back hurts from all the dancing, and she is tired from all the running around and screaming and singing on the stage too, but it is totally worth it. All of them there think so. The concert had turned out really good. It was hot from the weather but yet it was better than the day before, which was very successful. It is another good concert. Now they are celebrating that, spending the last time in Taipei eating together. And drinking, as Hannah thinks – after most of them have finished eating – is the main reason Maria and stylist Yong Hyun are there.

Yong Hyun, their beautiful gay stylist, is sitting next to Key and the two of them are busy talking about some brand new accessories that Yong Hyun have ordered when Maria comes up to sit on Yong Hyun’s lap. She has a glass in one hand and the other arm is put around Yong Hyun’s neck to hold her self up, and she joins in their conversation with a pointing finger from the hand that is holding the glass. The three divas, Hannah can hear Julia explain to their new stylist.

Chanhyo just started out as the new stylist for 5 Pieces. She is excited to let the members in 5 Pieces try things they usually don’t try, which is why Hannah is worried of 5 Pieces’ comeback outfits because there they will wear new outfits compared to how they are just wearing things based on concepts from the past. Hannah hasn’t gotten a feeling for the rookie yet, though Julia likes to inform Chanhyo about exactly everything that happens around them. Julia even explained that Emelia and Maria nag at each other about everything, but it is nothing to worry about as they always are like that. Chanhyo is now listening to Julia talking, like two girls who are gossiping at a party about the people walking by them.

 

Hannah looks back at her half finished food, placing her elbow on the table to rest her chin on her hand. The food is probably cold now, so she just grimaces and sits there on her own. She is looking forward to head up some floors to the hotel room, maybe lie down on the bed to make her back be straight. Or just get to wash up and then lie down on the bed. All her thoughts end up lying down on the bed, stretching out her back…

She sighs and picks up the glass to take some sips. Just as the glass is about to touch her lips, a hand takes a firm grip of her wrist and holds away the glass from her. Hannah looks shocked up at the person leaning over her shoulder, the fingers gripping on to her wrist is really holding her tight.

“What are you doing?” she hisses at Jonghyun.

He has ed the top button of his white shirt, teasing with some of his well trained body under it. The sleeves are rolled up to his elbows, an expensive watch is on the wrist to the hand that is holding her; veins are showing from his knuckles all the way up under the sleeves of his shirt. The shirt is hanging over outside his pants, instead of being tugged in like most of the other men have it. He looks y, his jaw-line putting a shadow over his neck when he is looking at her with a pair of dark eyes. His lips are kissable, but Hannah only gives them a glance as she is annoyed over his sudden appearance.

“Are you in the condition to drink?” he whispers at her in a tone that makes it sound like she is the one who has done something wrong.

Hannah looks surprised, both at his words and at his tone. “Excuse me?” is all she asks him.

Jonghyun sighs, rolling his eyes slightly, and he glances at Manager Lim sitting next too. The manager is sitting with his body leaned to the other side, engrossed in a conversation about the Olympics with the others. Jonghyun leans in a little closer, still holding on to her wrist. His tone changes when talking this time. “I know what’s going on. Emelia told me last week.”

“What’s going on?” Hannah asks, not knowing what he means. He looks like he wants her to not make him say it, aware of the surrounding, but when she keeps looking clueless he seem to not have another choice.

“The reason why you didn’t drink at the after party we had at the SM concert last week, I know about it,” he tells her. Hannah grimaces, still not getting it. “Come on, Hannah…”

“What did Emelia say?”

“That you’re… you know…” he then mouths something, and Hannah focuses a lot to read what it is.

“Pre-” she starts to say and then almost chokes on her own saliva, starting to hiss. “You think I’m pregnant?!” She then turns to look at Emelia across the table. “You told him THAT?!”

Jonghyun looks surprised over Hannah’s reaction and his grip is finally loosing from her wrist. Hannah pushes out her chair at him, struggling to leave her seat. She walks around the table, sitting down at the empty seat next to Emelia, craving an explanation. Emelia laughs when hearing it, Jonghyun coming up to stand next to them and hear what they are saying. “He wondered why you weren’t drinking while everyone else was. I was jokingly saying it could be because you are pregnant. I got no idea he would take it seriously.”

“So you aren’t?” Jonghyun looks confused at Hannah; maybe he even looks a little disappointed. She stands up, looking at him.

“You believed her?” she hisses and moves to the side when he takes a hold of her arm.

“Well… anything could happen,” he shrugs his shoulders. “And you weren’t drinking-”

“I rarely drink at dinners. And I was upset over everything happening,” Hannah sighs and takes her hand to her forehead. “Is that why you have looked at me all strangely this week?”

Jonghyun makes a face. “I haven’t looked at you strangely…”

“You looked at me at the rehearsals as if you expected my stomach to start growing,” Hannah mutters, thinking of how he looked at her during the rehearsals and when now knowing he thought she was pregnant, it just seems weird, but Jonghyun smirks at her words.

He takes a step closer to her, leaning in closer so his lips are by her ear. The smell of perfume is smelled on his shirt, like a drug entering through when she breathes in. “I looked at you because you were y. You were showing your legs, what did you expect me to do?”

Hannah gives a giggle and pushes him lightly away from her, shaking her head with a smile when walking away; the only reason she feels a little dizzy now is only because of him. She heads back to her seat, leaning over her chair to grab her glass. Jonghyun is eyeing her from across the table, and she glances at him before she sweeps the containing alcohol in the glass, trying to not grimace from the taste before she puts down the glass on the table again and leans to her manager on the chair next too to whisper something. He nods at her and she looks once again up at Jonghyun with that small smile as she is heading towards the doors. Jonghyun is smiling widely, letting his eyes scan through the room before he heads over to the three divas where he tells Key he is leaving. Maria laughs (she hadn’t seen Hannah leave), asking if he isn’t going to snuggle with Hannah. He smiles but doesn’t response as he is in a hurry to leave.

The ride in the elevator is silent. Hannah is standing in the corner, looking at the numbers of the floors blinking the higher they reach. Jonghyun is standing by the other corner, arms crossed over his chest. It is like electrify between them, an excitement growing in both of them that when the elevator stops they are in a rush to go out of it. Hannah goes out first, smiling with her head down – a slight blush reaching her cheeks as she imagines how Jonghyun is checking her out from behind. She reaches the door to the room, opening it while looking to the side. The door opens and she steps inside, turning around with her hand still on the door handle to keep it open and starting to take her shoes off with the other hand, and she giggles when Jonghyun comes in her sight.

He steps inside, his hands fast around her and his lips clasps on hers in a lustful kiss. She drops the door handle, taking a hold of his sleeve when stumbling out of her last shoe and the door automatically closes; Jonghyun’s lips hungrily takes control. His fingers are burying in through her top at her waist, holding her tightly while his other hand entwines his fingers in Hannah’s, turning their bodies around so she follows him when he backs in deeper the hotel room. He can’t help but to smile, though they are making out, when Hannah slinks her fingers out of his and both her hands are ing his shirt. Jonghyun stops his steps when her fingers caress his bare chest, down his stomach and back up until she holds on his neck with both hands, and he even stops to hungrily kiss her to feel how she moves her lips on his without him being in control. It’s sensual the way she kisses him, much softer than his way to kiss her, giving every nerve in his body a shiver.

Hannah smiles when he bites her lower lip lightly, Jonghyun taking a hold on the end of her top and he pulls it up without a rush. She giggles when the fabric tickles her skin and Jonghyun smiles by the sound, parting them to pull the top over her arms and head. He is still holding the top in his hand when he puts his hand on her back, his thumb feeling the form of her spine and he lets her lie down on the bed. She looks comfortable lying down there on her back, only in jeans and bra, and Jonghyun looks to enjoy the sight when he lies down, letting his hand caress its way up her skin and he kisses her above the bra, smiling when hearing her giggle and feeling her chest shake lightly at the same time. He kisses his way up her neck, making the spots he kisses wet before he kisses her on the lips. His eyes closes when her fingers go through his hair.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

“What are you doing on September 6th?” Jonghyun whispers, nibbling her ear with a smile. Hannah giggles; her hand on his bare chest but she is trying to think of her schedule by his question. They are lying in the bed, the quilt over them and Hannah’s head is resting on his arm.

“I think I’m in Sweden that week. We have concerts on September 5th and 6th,” she answers as if she is reminding herself of it at the same time as she tells him. She giggles when he kisses down her neck, hearing him make a sound that she doesn’t really know what it means. He lies down his head on the pillow next to hers, lying on the side so he can look at her and Hannah turns her head around to look back at him with a wondering look, cuddling her cheek on his arm. “Why?” she asks him with a smile.

“It’s a special day,” he whispers with disappointment, looking from to her eyes. She knows what day it is.

“Well … aren’t you going to be in Sweden with me that day?” Hannah giggles before kissing him softly and she laughs when he makes a sound when remembering that.

“I like that,” he tells her with a smile to her lips, deepening the kiss while Hannah giggles.

After a short make out session, they are lying there quietly again. Jonghyun smiles against her neck, holding his arms around her tightly when she tries to lean over the side to her cell phone that just received a text. She laughs when he won’t let her reach the phone but he lets her take it when she is about to bite him on the arm. He laughs for himself when she leans back in his arms again, checking the cell phone with her. It’s a text message from Maria, who asks if it is safe to go to bed. She had maybe found out that both Hannah and Jonghyun were missing from the after party. Jonghyun tells Hannah to write it is not safe, smiling with his eyes closed towards her skin again.

“But about our anniversary,” Jonghyun mumbles when she has put the cell phone down on the quilt, her fingers playing with his in a way that makes him think she does it out of habit. Hannah is used to do something with her hands, especially when she is nervous or embarrassed or just bored; he likes when she plays with his fingers, just like when she plays with his hair. “We should do something together that day.”

On September 6, like Jonghyun asked her about a little earlier, it is two years since they became a couple. Last year when they celebrated one year, they had a picnic on the rooftop at SM Entertainment’s building. It was romantic but not over the top celebration, just how they wanted it, and Hannah remembers it clearly. She seems to be focusing on lightly caressing the back of his hand with her fingers, feeling his veins on her fingertips. Her voice is low and wondering when she asks what he would want to do.

“You could always give me a private tour in your bedroom,” Jonghyun chuckles, coming up with it at this moment. “And first introduce me to your family, before we sneak in to your room…”

He seems to like the imagination picture of that, and Hannah would probably like it too if … if she now had a room and home in Sweden. She sits up with a sad face expression, placing his hand on the bed with hers. Jonghyun looks surprised. “What?” he asks in confusion over her sudden change and he sits up on his arm, looking at Hannah from behind when she reaches over to the big t-shirt she has been using as nightwear during their stay in Taipei. “Hannah,” Jonghyun says and touches her on the side when she pulls on the t-shirt. He moves closer to sit up, now resting his weight on his hand in the bed, and he takes his hand to her chin to make her look at him. He eyes asks for an explanation.

“I don’t have a family in Sweden, Jonghyun,” she tells him. The sadness in her voice and face is not from that he has mentioned it, it is because she is reminded of that in about a week they will go to Sweden and she won’t have a home to go to. Jonghyun sits up tailor in the bed, placing one leg over Hannah’s so he can come close enough to put his arm on her shoulder, looking her straight in the eyes with a serious expression.

“You have a family in Sweden. Don’t be stupid. They love you as much as I love you-”

“Now you are stupid,” Hannah mutters and pushes his arm away; trying to slink out of the bed but his leg is in the way. Jonghyun removes the leg on his own, seeing how irritated she is and Hannah stumbles out of the bed, pulling the t-shirt down over her before she kneels down to pick up the things on the floor. Jonghyun just sits there and watches her. A part of him is waiting for her to talk, that part telling him she will, while the other part of him is still adjusting to the sight of his girlfriend. He loves the thought of having a girlfriend, the fact that his girlfriend is Hannah among all girls. She is beautiful; her hair is messy and she hasn’t even taken it out from the t-shirt she is now wearing, her body is just like fans are describing it; a goddess. She got the perfect shape, and even four years ago when she hadn’t lost all this weight she was still beautiful to him. Her weight loss has made her more y than cute, but it could also be that four years have passed and she has grown. But he can’t avoid the topic of that she thinks she doesn’t have a family in Sweden.

“So are you not planning on going to see them while we are there?” he asks, not waiting for her to speak first because his own curiosity is bursting inside of him.

“I think they have made it pretty clear they don’t want to see me.”

“Just because they won’t come watch the concert? Hannah, it’s your family. Maybe they are just like you; need convincing. Maybe it’s too much to see you on the stage, maybe they just want to have a family dinner or-”

“Jonghyun,” Hannah interrupts him and rests her arm on the edge of the bed to look up at him. “We never had family dinners when I lived there, we will never have. And it is not just because they won’t come watch the concert; it is that they have thrown out my stuff and they won’t answer my mails.”

“I’m sure they got a reason,” Jonghyun tries.

“Are you siding with them now?”

“No, I- I just mean that you should think of how it is for them too…”

“I have. And that is not how to react or behave from anyone point of view if it is about family. I get that I am not welcomed there, so drop it,” Hannah says in a cold low voice and she heads up from the floor to throw Jonghyun’s clothes on the bed and then heads to the bathroom. She leaves the door open, knowing he won’t drop it.

“But your cousins will come to the concert. Doesn’t that mean anything?” Jonghyun wonders, grabbing his pants when getting out of the bed, starting to pull them on.

“They live four hours away; they would take any chance to come to Sundsvall to meet everyone. And though they are … whatever it is called, judgemental or whatever, they still welcome me,” Hannah answers.

She is washing her face when Jonghyun stops by the doorstep to the bathroom, resting his arm to the doorframe. “What about your father then?” he wonders. She gives him a glare through the mirror. “What? I don’t know anything about him, you never talk about him.”

“There is nothing to say about him,” Hannah answers and dabs her face dry with a towel. “I don’t even think he knows I’m in Korea.”

“Of course he knows,” Jonghyun says, though he can’t hide the sadness in his voice. It’s sad to hear Hannah talk about her family like this: a father who doesn’t know anything about her, a mother who ignores her and siblings that seem to care but shows no effort in it. It’s confusing, and it is strange how different her life is from his. He loves his family, he can hug them and kiss them and say he loves them, while Hannah… just the thought of skin-ship with a family member makes her turn her nose up. Not even a pat on the shoulder.

Jonghyun puts his arms around her, hugging her without a word. When he hears her start to say something he just hushes her to be quiet. Hannah rests her chin on his bare shoulder, skinny and trained, and she puts her arms around to his back, letting her fingers touch his skin in the hug and she stays quiet. She has a sulky face expression, pouting out with her lower lip, but she puts it back in when Jonghyun takes out her hair from the t-shirt, still hugging her tightly. Maybe he doesn’t understand her family situation, but his embrace still warms her.

The door to the hotel room opens, different voices saying goodnight and sleep well makes Hannah get out of the hug. She heads out the bathroom, glancing towards the door to see Maria standing there and talking to someone standing in the corridor. Hannah grabs the rest of Jonghyun’s clothes, handing them over to him in the bathroom before she turns to Maria who closes the door.

“This night was AWESOME,” Maria concludes to Hannah. Then she stops, her eyes squeezing together while looking at Hannah. “He is here, isn’t he?”

“I’m on my way to leave,” Jonghyun announces from the bathroom and then comes out behind Hannah, smiling charmingly before putting his arm around Hannah to give her a kiss. Not until Jonghyun has left, Maria giggles and says she will go straight to bed now. They are all exhausted.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Hannah and Emelia heads straight to Japan. It was a last minute decision to let the two girls sign up as the new models for Suzuki’s motorcycle. The first day is spent recording a song for the commercial they will film, and that goes pretty fast. So the girls can go to sleep early, their manager who hadn’t come along to Taiwan had come over to Japan with some clean clothes and such. Hannah is excited for the commercial actually, though she doesn’t feel prepared for it. The reason is because she thinks the motorcycle they will be models for is really cool and the song they sing is an English song from Grease 2 – [Cool Rider]. The song has been changed a little to grab the modern people; it got more focus on guitar, which Emelia will play in the commercial. The electric guitar, and it looks so cool when they the next day films the commercial. Hannah sings the most in the song, but Emelia got this cool electric guitar and her part is really amazing.

They are at the set the second day of the commercial filming. Hannah got black clothes – skinny jeans and a 3/4 sleeve top – with a necklace, black pumps and soft red lips. She loves it, and you can see it as she is playfully practicing the dance they will do. It is a fun dance, about the same as the one Michelle Pfeiffer dances in her version in the movie Grease 2. The concept is styled from that. Hannah can think of how fans will comment on the commercial when it comes out how it would’ve looked better if Hannah was blonde haired – she kind of thinks it too. She had to dye her hair again yesterday before going to the set, keeping that light-brown colour.

Emelia loves this probably more than Hannah. The commercial got motorcycles, leather jackets, electric guitars and a song from Grease. Could it get better?

During probably the fourteenth interview of the day, one of two Korean interviews, the girls are asked what they think of working with just two members instead of five. Emelia answers without hesitation, almost biting on her fingernail with that smirking smile.

“It would’ve been fun if all five ladies would do the commercial together, but personally I think Hannah and I fit the concept of the commercial better. I think its fun working like this with just Hannah. We got a lot of fun with the staff when making the commercial.”

It’s true, Hannah must admit. Both Hannah and Emelia have been joking with the Japanese staff, been dancing to the song and singing and simply fooling around. The atmosphere at the set has been very playful from beginning to end. Both Hannah and Emelia had even been caught by a camera when fooling around singing to Grease’s [You’re The One That I Want], a song everyone must love. It is the two girl’s favourite song in the two Grease movies, and they had been joking around by singing it as if they were on karaoke. Hannah took Sandy’s part and Emelia took Johnny’s part, and they were just having fun during the whole song, and though Hannah’s voice had sounded so cool, Emelia’s face expressions had been the best. Everyone in the staff had fun seeing and hearing it because they had been filming the whole day so it was late and everyone was getting tired, so the two girls were doing that to cheer everyone on. The camera that caught them filming came on the news, where it was said that 5 Pieces’ two members were lightening the mood for the tired staff and were very successful with it too.

The moment the filming is done, they head back to Korea. On the flight they just can’t stop laughing and both of them have gotten into this Grease feeling that they look through videos on YouTube and even sing along to some songs. When they were younger, they watched the first Grease movie together and it feels like the best movie can’t change no matter how many years’ passes.

“We got to do this too,” Emelia says to Hannah. “We need this amazing perfect thing that will be remembered. And we need to do some Grease covers. Next time Carolina want to go on karaoke, we have to sing it. The whole crew.”

Hannah just laughs, but she is looking forward to it.

A few hours later, Hannah is at the hospital for a final check-up. Every since the car accident she has been going to the hospital at the end of each month for a check-up, and now it is decided that they will start to have a check-up only half a year. The doctor is still the best. He has cleared his schedule to head to Sweden along with them, just for a one day visit to see how it goes for her at the concert, to make sure her health can take it. The hospital check-up seem to go well, they take some tests that will come out in a few days, so they have to wait until then.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 25th: 5 Pieces Takes Over Taipei With ‘Moon Child’ Concert

Headline 25th: Over 7 Fans Fainted At 5 Pieces’ Concert In Taipei!

Headline 25th: SM Entertainment Assures The Fans Are Okay

Headline 25th: Taiwan News Admits Having A 5P Craze

 

Headline 26th: 5 Pieces’ Sweden Concert Countdown – D-10!

Headline 26th: SHINee Jonghyun & 5 Pieces Hannah’s [Get Your Kiss] Is A Hit At Clubs

 

Headline 27th: Best Book Of The Week ‘Joe – Under Seoul’s Streets’ For Fourth Week In A Row!

Headline 27th: ‘Joe – Under Seoul’s Streets’ Surpasses The Expectations In Korea

Headline 27th: MTV ‘Life of Pieces Season 3’ Teaser 2 Starts To Air

 

Headline 28th: 5 Pieces’ Emelia & Hannah To Be Models For Suzuki’s New Motorcycle