Chapter 21

Youngest of Pieces - [Black & White] (7)

In the middle of the encore practices, 5 Pieces heads out of the agency for a photo-shoot to Nylon Magazine. The girls are dressed up in cool yet feminine outfits (vests/jackets or dresses), matching their [Black & White] comeback with a black and white concept of the photo-shoot. Beside from the outfits, some of the pictures will only be in the two colours too; a contrast is one single red thing that will be visibly, a flower or a scarf or just one thing red that stands out. Hannah has just taken some pictures while looking in a mirror – leaning her arm on the mirror to get closer, doing a close-up for the photo-shoot, having a resting face expression and deep eyes – and she pulls down the jacket to her elbows when entering the dressing room, seeing their cute kitten Ace sleeping in his cat carrier. The first thing Hannah sees in the room that is filled with things on the floor and on the tables, is the one sitting on the sofa.

“What are you eating?” Hannah curiously asks and walks over to Maria who is sitting with a blanket around her and eating with a fork, eating from a lunch box. A stylist helps Hannah to take off the jacket.

“I don’t know. But it’s yummy,” Maria answers and offers some, but Hannah shakes her head and goes to take a seat on a chair, getting help by the stylist to take the high heels off. Maria chews a little faster when their manager is walking outside the room. “Appa,” she says to get his attention, and he steps inside, “do you have any idea of when Carolina woke me up this morning? She got up wa-a-ay too early and started playing on the piano. You have to tell her to not do that.“

“Why don’t you tell her yourself?” Manager Lim asks with a smile, amused by that she asks him to tell a member something.

“That idiot doesn’t listen to me,” Maria sighs helplessly and she continues to complain, “but I mean that, I am the leader, right? I am the awesome captain. She should listen to me, right? Right?”

While Maria is complaining, Hannah is looking in the mirror at her make-up before looking through some of the accessories they have on the table, looking up at the stylist who helps her. When looking at the stylist, Hannah sees something up in the corner and she leans back to see it better. A camera? Hannah laughs, points and asks the others what that is. Since Maria is complaining, no one is taking notice of her, so Hannah looks over her shoulder to ask them again what that is, still pointing up the other direction and both Maria and Manager Lim looks first at her and then up at the corner.

“It’s a camera, what else?” Maria answers coolly and takes another bite of the food. “Greet it politely.”

It is for ‘Life of Pieces’, which Hannah doesn’t know at the moment but she still stands up and bows as Maria told her to do. “Hello,” she awkwardly greets, hands put together over her stomach. “I’m 5 Pieces’ Hannah.”

“Well done!” Maria nonchalantly cheers, chewing and looking through the magazine she has on the seat next to her in the sofa. She hadn’t looked at Hannah, just heard her greeting, and though it sounded awkward, Maria still said she did well. Maria’s voice lacks enthusiasm though the words suit it. Hannah gives the camera a wave with her hand before focusing on other things. The camera filming captures the girls resting in the room, waiting to be the next to take pictures; and what do the girls do? They sing, practice for their comeback, they take pictures on their own, they eat and chat and at one time, Carolina is sleeping on the sofa, hiding her body under some of the jackets that had been lying there.

Maria makes her appearance, having a camera to film on her own. She is holding the camera with one hand, filming Carolina’s sleeping posture while approaching slowly. “This is the mysterious creature that sleeps during the days and is awake at nights. No, dear viewers, it is not a vampire. This creature is horrible; she laughs like a hyena, looks like a crab and her body is as dangerous as a kangaroo. What could it be, can you guess? Send in your answers to 5 Pieces blog under the subject ‘what is cotzilla’.” Maria films a little towards the left, where the mirror and make-up desk is, filming Emelia sitting there and smirking over Maria fooling around. “Hunter Emelia,” Maria says dramatically, “have you ever seen such a creature before?”

“It’s one of its kind,” Emelia answers, not as dramatic as Maria but still following the fun. “We have been studying it for the latest hours and have noticed that if you put something by it’s mouth, it will eat in a reflex.”

“Ah! then we must try it, don’t you think?” Maria says in an over-doing way to the camera and turns back to Carolina who is sleeping on her back in the sofa, approaching just in front of her and she takes a small carrot to show the camera. “I will now try to feed the creature.”

Slowly she puts her hand by Carolina’s face, pretending to be scared and breathing loudly for the microphone to catch up clearly. Carefully she puts the carrot by Carolina’s mouth, and she is trying so hard to hold in the laughing when pulling the carrot in between her lips. The camera is shaking just lightly because when Maria tries to hold in the laughter, her whole body is jumping. She and Emelia both happily burst out laughing when Carolina actually opens and starts chewing on the carrot, and she isn’t waking up. Maria jumps away, laughing loudly and turning the camera around.

“She ate it! She seriously ate it!” she shouts, not believing Carolina actually did that. Maria laughs so much that she must hold her hand on her stomach. “Aigo, my stomach, ha-ha-ha-ha, I can’t stop laughing! So funny!”

A little later, everyone is in the dressing room. Carolina has woken up so when a camera-woman walks inside to film them, Carolina is sitting up in the sofa (Julia sitting next to her) and you can see that she just woke up by the fact that she looks tiredly to the side when the camera-woman films her. Maria sees the camera from behind and turns around, sneaking up to stand next to the sofa to also be captured on the camera.

“We found out earlier what your speciality is,” Maria starts off saying.

“What’s that?” Carolina wonders.

“Eating in your sleep.” Maria laughs happily after saying it. “I fed you a carrot when you were sleeping.”

“No you didn’t,” Carolina mutters, still sleepy.

“Watch the broadcast, we filmed it.” Maria shows a v-sign to the camera. “Cotzilla being fed – that’s what it will be called.”

Carolina gives out a whining sound, not liking to be called Cotzilla. She hides her face when the camera films her, just because she has been sleeping and she hasn’t look in a mirror.

They continue with the photo-shoot, and when ending they head straight back to the practice room. Still their hairs are styled from the photo-shoot but they are wearing casual clothes and have washed away the make-up to be able to practice comfortably. After coming to the practice, the girls are waiting to start. Maria is singing while facing the mirror, singing one of the songs for their concert; Emelia and Hannah are looking through the songs they will practice; Julia is checking her cell phone and Carolina is talking to the camera to complain that she is tired but that she will practice hard for all fans waiting.

After practice has started, a few songs later, Hannah is happily approached by the camera.

“I’m going to practice my solo song,” Hannah tells, touching the end off her hair. “[Burning] is normally performed with a male rapper… Great singers have helped me out at the concerts during the year. I have performed with f(x)’s Amber, SHINee’s Minho, DBSK’s Yunho… ah, we had a remix version too; I performed with … EXO Kai? I think. Since this will be the very last performance of [Burning], I asked a special friend to come help me out with it. Who it is? You will see at the rehearsals.”

She giggles and jogs to take her position when the dancers ask where Hannah is, and when she has taken her position the music starts. On the side the other members are watching while resting, Maria focusing on Hannah’s practice just to watch how the magnae is doing. She looks very serious.

“Is she supposed to sing live at the concert?” Maria asks when the song comes to an end. She is sitting on the side, one leg gracefully over the other and she is leaning forward so her arm is resting over her leg, pointing with the other hand at Hannah while talking to the choreographer.

“Of course it’s live,” Hannah is fast to answer.

“No, I thought of that, Hannah recently is like that. Will we do all songs live?” Maria is wondering. “It’s two concerts in a row, can you handle that?”

“Of course,” Hannah answers with a glance at the choreographer who looks like she hadn’t thought of it. “We have done live the whole year. No need to change it now.”

“It’s live for the concert,” the choreographer concludes, Hannah giving a nod and Maria looking to still be wondering about it. Before getting anywhere else with the conversation, Emelia steps up and tells Hannah to move over as she wants to practice her solo song too.

Hannah sits down on the side as Emelia practices for [Strong]. Maria is watching seriously again, Hannah doing it too – so the two girls sitting next to each other are both looking focused on Emelia’s practice. Hannah looses the focus just a little when checking her cell phone, but when looking up she forgets to put away the cell phone as she keeps the focus on Emelia’s practice.

Because they have spent the whole day at a photo-shoot, the evening’s practice isn’t that long. Instead they begin extra early the next day, starting practicing at 8AM. Maria shows her cell phone for the camera filming to show what time it is. Her hair is up in a ponytail, her face has been washed to wake up but her eyes look swollen and half open.

“It’s early,” Maria sighs tiredly, closing her eyes a little more. “Yesterday we ended practice around midnight, and when we came home the ladies wouldn’t go to bed-”

“You’re the one who wouldn’t go to bed,” Hannah giggles from the side.

Maria sighs anew, ignoring the youngest as she continues to talk; “And we arrived here an hour ago for a meeting, and now … we are starting the practice for our encore concert that is in … two days. Tomorrow we will rehearse at the arena, and lucky us that we have been having this concert for the past … many, many months – the whole year – we don’t have to memorize that much. Yesterday they said we are in good time with the practice, which feels good to hear after some dreadful days.”

“We have had a vacation the past days…”

“Before that,” Maria says tiredly, grimacing over that Hannah is sitting on the side to correct her. Maria gets quiet when looking at Hannah who is chewing on some healthy drink package while looking through the papers for the concert song list. A few seconds silence passes before Maria speaks again. “Having this concert tour has been really amazing for us. We have been able to go to new countries and cities and meet fans from all over the world, performing over forty songs for everyone… It might be sad that it is the last Moon Child concert, but we must remember that it is the end of the beginning. We will release more songs and we will have more concerts, so this is basically just the beginning of 5 Pieces, right? And even if I look like this now, I will look stunning on stage. Remember that.”

She smiles and makes a twirl, tiredly waiting for the last people to come so the practice can begin.

For the next hours they are practicing in the dance room, basically going through things they know but they have to still practice it. They practice extra long, so by the time they take a late lunch, Maria and Julia leaves the building. They will go support DBSK on their comeback performance, ‘Life of Pieces’ cameras following along to film. Hannah actually sneaked away from the cameras at lunch, sneaking in to a room to spend the rest of the lunch writing on her laptop.

Hannah feels so bad that she hasn’t spent this year writing as much as she normally does. Just when she releases her own book, she gets stuck on the writing; she is too tired or just doesn’t have the energy to make the ideas in her brain into words written. Instead she tries to remember everything she doesn’t write down. From time to time she ends up sleeping two hours less just because she at that time gets all filled with the energy to write, and she forgets about time. At the vacation they had, Hannah had only been writing in the morning and before going to bed, at that time when waiting for Emelia to get ready and such things. Just short writing times. She has a bunch of papers in her room, filled with ideas and such that she hasn’t gotten the time to write down on the laptop. But now she sits down with a notebook and the laptop, scribbling down things in the notebook while looking through what she has already written on the laptop. Every since she released the book, staff has treated her differently. They don’t interrupt her when they see her writing on the laptop or on some piece of paper, even her members leave her alone at times; but her members still like to interrupt her just for fun, trying to see what she writes about. With ‘Joe – Under Seoul’s Streets’ doing surprisingly well in both selling and popularity, Hannah is nervous with the second book. The meetings and official plans for the second release hasn’t started yet, but Hannah keeps writing and she keeps changing things as the second book is already done; changes can always be made and Hannah is nervous if the editor and agent and all those people will like the book she has written. She feels she has to do better in book two, as the first book has gotten so much attention. The weight she has gotten on her shoulders with the book release is difficult, so she has to pretend it doesn’t exist and just write as she normally do.

When lunch is over, Manager Lee comes to the room. Hannah had told him where she would be so when he enters he has brought with him a whole box with books that Hannah is supposed to sign. Coming with him is a camera for their reality show, as they couldn’t find Hannah the manager have now lead them the way to where she is hiding.

“I have two more boxes for you, but start with this,” he tells her and places the box on the table, taking the books out on the table in four piles. Hannah pouts cutely, turning off the laptop and leaving the things on that side of the large table to go over to the books. Her manager gives her a pen, Hannah leaning over to her notebook to try if the pen works before she grabs the first book. She looks surprised up when the camera-woman asks her if she have any time to promote the book now when 5 Pieces is so busy with comeback and final concert.

“Ah… I don’t actually promote the book much. I wish I promoted it more, since it is a new experience that I still want to breathe in as much as possible, but with our comeback and everything I don’t have time for it,” Hannah answers, managing to sign two books meantime. “But I don’t complain because I have a lot of fun with the ladies and I keep hearing comments from people reading the book. I actually got … praise, for being able to do different things at the same time; for making time to do that.”

Hannah sits down on one knee in the chair after a while, continuing to simply sign the books, one by one. She takes them from the right side and piles them up on the left side. When Manager Lee returns with the second box, SHINee’s Taemin comes inside, asking what she is doing. He stands on Hannah’s right side while the camera-woman films from her left, and Taemin picks up one of the books to look through it. The reason he walks inside is because he is waiting to practice with 5 Pieces, as he will be feature in the concert for a song – though the practice isn’t scheduled to start yet in a while. Jonghyun comes inside too, walking around the table when seeing the camera so he can lean over the table and pick up one of the books too, pretending to be interested in it just like Taemin is. The camera-woman asks if they have read the book – Hannah is busy focusing on signing book after book so she doesn’t react at all.

“We don’t have much time to read…” Taemin slowly answers, glancing at Jonghyun.

“I have come a few pages,” Jonghyun admits, changing the page prettily. “It’s fun.”

“Liar,” Hannah suddenly says, waking up when hearing them answer the question and she smiles when looking at Jonghyun, getting a weird feeling in her stomach when looking at him. She looks up at the camera, pointing with the pen at the two boys. “They don’t read the book. And it is just because the only books they read are manga.”

“Oh, you will turn it into a manga?” Jonghyun excitedly asks at the same time as Taemin laughs and says it’s probably true – the thing about them only reading manga.

Hannah throws her arm towards Jonghyun, grimacing cutely at him and he just smiles, knowing the answer already. Hannah takes the book Taemin is holding to sign it, putting it on the pile on her left side. She signs a few more books before it looks like she is realising that there are two members of SHINee in the room. Those in the room laughs when she surprisingly asks what the two of them are doing here.

“I’m waiting for our vocal practice,” Taemin says, leaning his towards the table and points at him and Hannah.

“Is that now?” she asks surprised and looks at the clock and then at her manager who is shaking his head.

“Not yet. I’m waiting, I said,” Taemin laughs at her.

Hannah does a wondering nod; a slow nod, and then looks at the time again. “I have time to finish this before?” she asks her manager who tells her she has the time. Hannah nods and turns back to her books.

Jonghyun has been observing her from his place across the table. He has given back the book by now, quietly observing Hannah who seems to be totally lost in what is happening around her. He wonders about the many things on her mind, being reminded that he has a few things on his mind too. Because they both have been so busy, they have only been able to talk through the phone for what feels like forever, making Jonghyun long to hold his arms around her again; dreaming about it. It must’ve been almost three weeks since they were in Jakarta for SM Town’s concert, which was last time the two actually had the chance to talk face to face. Jonghyun is waiting for a chance to talk to her now, to talk about what Lee Sooman has told them. Sure they have talked on the phone about it, but face to face is another story. But seeing Hannah being totally lost now when signing books, not knowing what time it is and who is present, makes him wonder if she already has a lot on her mind – because Hannah always knows those things even if she pretends not to. It is not pretending this time. But she doesn’t look tired; she just looks lost whenever she looks up.

Taemin waves when Emelia walks by outside the door, and Emelia steps back in the corridor to come inside the room, curious of what they are gathering for. Seeing the books, she picks one up, sits down on Hannah’s left and starts to read out loud. Hannah laughs when hearing it, leaning to the side to try grab the book but Emelia holds the book away from her, but she stops reading.

“Did you know that I am in this book?” Emelia asks the camera-woman. “There is a character named Faith in the book. She is based on me.”

“No, she’s not,” Hannah chuckles, her face down in the book she is quickly signing.

Emelia mouths for the camera that she is based on her. “Anyway, Hannah will loose all energy in her hand signing. This week it’s books, next week it’s our album,” Emelia says. Emelia gets up to leave, patting Hannah encouraging on the shoulder. “Do well, cry-baby.”

Hannah ignores her, so Emelia just waves for the others and leaves, one of the cameras filming following her. Jonghyun leaves after a while too, but he comes back when Hannah is done signing the books and she is going to practice with Taemin. The cameras aren’t around, so they start the vocal practice comfortably. Hannah and Taemin will perform [Endless Love] together, like they have done before, but they sit down with the teacher and sings through the song after warming up. In the middle of the song, Hannah grimaces when seeing that the camera is sneaking around to film them secretly. The camera-woman is filming them outside the glass door, but the music is still heard out there.

While waiting for Maria and Julia to come back, after Hannah is done practicing with Taemin, she is lead away by Jonghyun who had been watching their practice. Since 5 Pieces will continue the actual practice when the two girls comes back, Hannah has some time not having anything to do – well, she could be writing, but she chooses to be with Jonghyun instead as he has been lurking around waiting for a chance to meet alone.

Without any cameras around – they are really careful to make sure no one notices Hannah leaving – they sneak inside an empty room. Hannah puts her arms around Jonghyun from behind when walking inside after him, putting her chin at the back of his shoulder, trying to see the smile in his face. He places his hands over hers, turning his head a little to the side so she can see his profile.

“You seem distant today,” he tells her in a soft voice.

Hannah keeps smiling softly up at him. “Maybe a little. I don’t know,” she answers against his shirt, breathing in his scent. She pouts when he takes her hands off him, getting out of her arms. He turns around, holding her hands, and he smiles when seeing the disappointed pout in her face. He puts her arms around him again, placing his own arms around her shoulders, holding her in close to him, the two of them looking at each other’s faces. “You must keep a distance from me in front of the cameras,” she reminds him sadly.

Jonghyun smirks, “What if I won’t?” He lets his hand move away the hair behind her ear, his fingers lightly touching her skin and though the touch is light he can still feel the warmth from her cheek. “If you stop looking at me that way in front of the cameras, I might be able to keep a better distance.”

“I’ve got no idea of what you are talking about.”

“Oh really?” Jonghyun smiles, placing his lips right in front of hers, his smile growing before giving her a sweet kiss. “I will still steal a kiss when we are backstage at the concert.”

Hannah gives him a grimace before kissing him again, this time they deepen it.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

With an expressionless face, Hannah greets the ‘Life of Pieces’ camera with two waving hands, holding a microphone in one hand. She backs away, looking to the right. Hannah is standing on the stage with the other members, currently having the rehearsal, the day before the concert. Hannah looks like she has been awake the whole night, which is basically true as she couldn’t sleep, but she doesn’t even force out a smile and just simply nods to what she is told to do. She feels like she can’t do anything. Just lifting up her arms makes her tired and her body is just away when they are dancing on the stage. She doesn’t know why it’s like that; she just isn’t in the mood to do anything. Which is weird because at the same time she wants to cry over the fact that it is the last concert; she wants to be excited and be filled with energy.

The group is serious. Half the day has been spent with trouble. First the microphones didn’t work, then one of the dancers hurt his leg so he is currently at the hospital, Carolina had fallen last night during practice so she is currently having bandage around her thumb on the left hand and Maria is freaking out over the fact that a pair of shoes disappeared on the airport after their last concert in Yokohama and no one noticed until today. Nothing seems to be going well and that makes Hannah not being in the mood. It feels like something is telling them to not have the concert.

“Ah, I’m gonna cry,” Maria sighs out in a crying sound in the microphone, squatting down on her heels when there seems to be some problem with the lighting. The whole group looks helpless on the stage, looking like they all want to just break down over all the problems.

Hannah looks with a slight pout at the camera filming her. “It’s not going well,” she mutters, running her fingers through her hair from front to back, locks of the blonde hair falling back where it was. “We don’t have … what’s it called … courage? We don’t have the- confidence that the concert will go well. The concert is tomorrow and we keep getting problem over problem…” She gives out a loud sigh, looking upset.

It takes several minutes before they continue with the rehearsal. It is still just the beginning because of all the troubles that have happened. Super Junior’s Eunhyuk and Donghae have arrived, seriously watching from the side while waiting for their feature. They are also looking worried over the many problems that are occurring, but when they get the chance they do their best to give 5 Pieces courage as they are the seniors.

“Don’t worry about that now. Take song after song, focus on just that,” Eunhyuk tells Maria when she has come to the side of the stage. He is standing below the stage, looking up at her and not being a foolish senior, but a trustworthy senior who has a lot to teach them when it comes to the stage. He waves for the other members of 5 Pieces to come over too. “Your minds aren’t on the songs; you have to push back the thoughts of what is wrong and what might happen; focus just on the song, think of it as the real performance. If something happens during the song, fix it then. Don’t think of it otherwise. Okay?”

The girls give him a sad nod and return to rehearsal the song, Eunhyuk and Donghae continuing to stand on the side and seriously watching.

The rehearsal of [Give Back] with Eunhyuk and Donghae goes well the second time; the first time, Donghae’s microphone hadn’t worked so even if he fixed it on his own before the song ended, they still redid the song. After that song it is Hannah’s turn with [Burning]. Since the male rapper hasn’t practiced in the practice room, this is his first appearance. U-Kiss’ former member Alexander – the actual male rapper in the recorded version of [Burning] – walks up on the stage and politely asks for guidance and the usual polite words. Hannah looks at him to the left, pouting sadly. Alexander makes her heart feel lighter by just smiling. She still doesn’t smile back or look to be energized, but her eyes changes just a little. He smiles and pats her on the back, telling her “fighting” before they go through the song, letting Alexander know what to do.

The funny thing is that the staff talks in Korean, but when Hannah and Alexander exchanges words it is in English. Either they translate to each other or ask a question, turning to the staff to say something after it.

“So instead of leaving after my part, I stay here and do what?” Alexander asks her in English when the choreographer has tried to explain. Alexander has his eyebrows raised when looking at Hannah for an answer, his hands stretched out to mean ‘here’ is the main stage they are standing on.

“You do your last part … *BABY, I bet I am Burning for you* … and then I sing my part before everyone on the stage walks out over there,” Hannah answers in English, only doing the lyrics in Korean. “We walk in the chorus, excitedly performs the ending at the end of the stage and finish…”

They go through the ending without music, just singing it themselves – Hannah, that is. Alexander raps the ending of his part, being directed of what to do next, and he follows the others out on the round stage in the middle where they arrived at the end of the chorus, just the final is left after that. When waiting to do the actual rehearsal of the song, Alexander is trying again to make Hannah in a better mood. No matter what he says or no matter how many times he punches her on the arm lightly, she doesn’t budge. She just whines and tells him to stop.

“I farted before,” he tells her.

Hannah gives out a chuckle, punching him on the arm. “It’s not fun.”

“I came all the way here to help you out because you said it would mean so much if I performed the song with you, and you won’t even smile at me?” Alexander pouts at her, looking and behaving childish. Hannah pouts back at him. “Why won’t you smile?”

“The rehearsal isn’t going well,” she whines.

“Do you need a hug?” he asks in the same tone she had used.

“No, thanks”

“I can give you a hug,” he says just the way he had asked the question, moving his shoulders up and down once. Hannah smiles at him, because it just looked so childish, and Alexander smiles, proud over himself. “Still don’t want a hug?”

She takes out her arms to let him hug her and he happily does, patting her on the back and nodding for no special reason at all. She pats him on the back too, both of them doing harder and harder as the other person does harder. Hannah slides out of his grip, hitting him on the arm while both of them are complaining that their backs are hurting. But Hannah is happy he is there. She did ask personally to get to perform with Alexander on the final concert, as they originally performed the solo song together and she has spent the whole year feeling bad that they don’t perform it together at the concert. He had gotten so happy when she asked him to perform with her; he had been so excited to be able to take on the stage with her like they did two years ago and even now she feels bad for not being in the mood.

Hannah turns to the camera when the man comes up on the stage to film them. She doesn’t know that he has been filming from a distance the whole time.

“Alexander is here to help me in our song. I asked him, and he came,” she tells, the camera-man asking her why she asked just him. “The original rapper of [Burning] is Alexander. We released the song together two years ago, and … I like performing with him.”

Alexander had walked up closer to her when she was talking and he smiles brightly when hearing her confession. He maybe isn’t part of U-Kiss anymore, but he likes that she never forgets about him. Hannah is always busy and often when she has the time to meet he will be in another country, so he admits that he too has been disappointed he hasn’t been able to perform [Burning] with her at the concerts she has had this year – a part of him had secretly hoped he would get a call to get to perform the song they got to perform two years ago before the car accident – and when finally getting that call, he had been so happy. It’s not just that it is a performance; it is that he really sees Hannah as a sister from another mother. He calls her that, and he feels like that. They don’t keep in touch all that much, writing to each other openly at times on twitter and texting on the cell phones once in a while, but whenever he meets her there is this feeling inside him that makes him unable to stop smiling. Hannah has that energy, even now when she isn’t in the mood; he gets happy to be there with her. If she is sad, he wants to make her smile, and it feels worth it when he sees how the corner of goes up a little at his tries. She appreciates it, he knows that.

“Thank you, Bunny,” Alexander says warmly. His smile grows when their eyes meet and Hannah smiles back at him, the biggest smile he has seen her have today.

She looks back at the camera. “Isn’t he handsome?” she asks and laughs when he pushes her on the shoulder, starting to walk away with a laugh. Hannah smiles widely and walks after him, facing the camera. “He always makes me smile.”

Alexander laughs so happily behind her so she turns around, both now moving to get ready for the rehearsal. She touches his back when he walks away to the side of the stage, smiling because she too knows that whatever she says about him, he knows she doesn’t say it to be kind. She thinks he is handsome, and he always makes her smile no matter what it is about, and because he always does that, she wants to not be a friend who disappoints him. She knew he was waiting for a call, she would understand that he wanted to perform the song they once recorded and performed together, when everything felt perfect for them both, so she convinced the directors and agency to let him perform with her for the final two concerts.

Their rehearsal goes well. Just as expected, it is fun with Alexander, even with just the rehearsal he makes her in a better mood and it feels easier to be on the stage.

Things go just a little better after a few more songs. As there aren’t that many technical problems for the next songs, the girls slightly forget about it and they can focus more on just the rehearsal and the songs, their performances. Song after song passes and you can easily tell that the girls are getting brighter, more positive. When practicing for the band, it was worrying at first because of Carolina’s thumb injury – it isn’t a serious injury, she just can’t move the thumb – but lucky them it doesn’t affect her playing on the guitar for the band section of the concert.

Emelia looks at the side, looking exhausted. The camera-man filming from the side walks up to her when she is looking at him; she is holding the electric guitar in her hands.

“For some reason none of us have any energy today,” she says, clearing her voice from being hoarse. “We have been practicing a lot, and I think just the pressure as this is the last concert … we don’t want it to end.”

“Have your Moon Child tour gone well?”

“It has gone well. We have had the best time of our lives meeting fans from all around Asia, and outside Asia too,” Emelia answers, remembering all the stages they have had throughout this year. “At times I try to tell myself ‘it is just a concert, like any other performance but three hours long’, but I never believe it. Having a concert is somehow a chance for us to go through the past … four years, in just three hours. Our audition, our debut, our two albums and mini album… Ah…”

She sighs by the thought of it, looking out over the hall that will be filled with over 6000 fans tomorrow; her members practicing before the rehearsal of the band will start. Maria is sitting down on the stage, her back facing the hall as she is looking at her members. Jungmo is helping Julia and Hannah is trying to grab her drumsticks correctly. The group has gone through a lot. At times they remember it all in a flash and gets overwhelmed by the feeling, but they have to hold in the tears and continue with the days, leaving them never being able to have everything they experience and do melt.

They are ending their concert this weekend, and next weekend they will make their album comeback. At the moment it feels like it is too soon, as if they need to practice so much more, but if the album release was in two weeks instead, Emelia knows that next week the whole group would be restless and long for another week to pass. They want to come out with a new song, with a new album to be able to perform crazily as never before, show their growth and everything.

Now, they must focus on the concert.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 09th: 5 Pieces Releases Impressive [Erase You] MV With Breathtaking Scenes

Headline 09th: [Erase You] MV Hits Thousand Of Viewers On YouTube A Few Hours After Release!

 

Headline 10th: 5 Pieces’ First Concert Encore Countdown D-3

Headline 10th: “Life of Pieces” Airs 6th Episode With 5 Pieces In Sweden Part 1!

Headline 10th: Sneak-Peak Of [Erase You] MV Making In “Life of Pieces”

Headline 10th: Fans In Tears Seeing 5 Pieces’ Homesickness In “Life of Pieces”

Headline 10th: “Life of Pieces” Breaks Viewer Rating Records With Latest Episode!

 

Headline 11th: Comeback Teaser #9 – Album photo Teasers (Emelia + Julia)

Headline 11th: 5 Pieces’ First Concert Encore Countdown D-2

Headline 11th: ‘Joe – Under Seoul’s Streets’ Becomes A Top-Seller In America!

 

Headline 12th: Comeback Teaser #10 – Album Photo Teasers (Maria) + More Group Photos

Headline 12th: 5 Pieces’ First Concert Encore Countdown D-1!

Headline 12th: [Get Your Kiss] By SHINee’s Jonghyun & 5 Pieces’ Hannah Reaches The Saturday Night Party Playlist

Headline 12th: 5 Pieces’ Comeback Teaser For Next Week Shown On Music Bank

Headline 12th: 5 Pieces Voted As The Most Anticipated Comeback Of The Year!