Chapter 24

Youngest of Pieces - [Black & White] (7)

RUNNING MAN VS 5 PIECES, PART 1

Running Man is one of the most popular variety programs in South Korea and it has been for the past two years; the program is about doing missions outdoors mostly or in buildings, and at the end there will be a winner of the race. The fixed MCs/cast is Yoo Jaesuk (called MC of the nation), Gary (rapper of hip-hop duo Leessang), Haha (actor, recording artist and stand-up comedian), Ji Suk Jin (oldest; comedian and broadcaster), Kim Jongkook (singer since 1995), Lee Gwangsoo (actor and entertainer, the tallest) and Song Jihyo (only girl, also an actress). For most episodes they have guests; Korean celebrities from actors and idols to comedians.

Today, the Running Man crew has gathered at the main gate of a campus. First when starting they wonder what they are doing there and also saying where they are to lighten up all the viewers when this will be aired next week on Sunday. They are told what to do by the PD hiding behind the cameras;

“Today’s guests have spread around and are now hiding on the campus. Find all the guests before the time runs out; if you do not find all of them, the guests will win. Whoever wins will get an advantage for the final mission.”

“Who are the guests?” Yoo Jaesuk wonders.

“You will find out.”

Like always, the PD doesn’t give any clues and the Running Man members’ takes off to find the guests.

Hannah is at this time walking openly on the campus, followed by her own VJ (camera-man). Her blonde hair is stick-straight with the tops in white, wearing the outfit she wore for their [Black & White] music video filming – a black tank top with a long khaki green really deep v-neck top in thin fabric on top, a drawstring-waist jacket and a pair of striped sheer leggings – but her make-up is simple compared to what it had been in the music video. 5 Pieces is dressed up for their comeback for the opening mission of the show, to start off with promoting their comeback. Hannah is pouting while walking around awkwardly because students at the university of course takes notice of her and she greets them when they greet her as she otherwise tries to avoid meeting someone’s eyes. Her smile is cute when bowing to the students that giggle by seeing her.

“The time has started,” the VJ informs her.

“Oh… then … am I supposed to hide?” Hannah wonders, about to walk back with hesitation before continuing to walk. “Or should I just walk around? I should sit down somewhere…” She is talking to herself and a little further away she finds a map of the whole campus. After scanning the map she walks inside one of the bigger buildings, walking around a little.

.

Sitting at the main stadium outdoors, among some of the students watching a physical education class going on, is none other than Julia. Melting in with the group of both foreign and Korean students, she is hiding her outfit under a jacket she got to borrow from one of the students and they are quietly chatting to each other while looking around. The VJ is sitting with them too, to film Julia who suddenly smiles and points across the field.

“It’s Haha over there,” she says with a smile, sinking down a little though they are very far from each other and it must surprise a lot that she could see it was just Haha from this distance. “He won’t find me here, hi-hi.”

She seems satisfied with her hide-out, and looks from a distance at Haha who just walks by at the side of the field before leaving. Julia happily does the v-sign for the camera on her side.

.

Hannah smiles at the camera. She is now sitting in the library. “Baby Hannah found her way to the library and comfortably sat down with the students” will be shown written when the part airs of her sitting around a table with two other students and she definitely looks comfortable in there. After a while she starts to walk around between the shelves, looking at the books and it seems like she has forgotten all about the filming when walking around there. A student walks by the corridor of bookshelves she is walking through, and the student stops to take a second glance at her before whispering ‘aren’t you … 5 Pieces?’

“Ah, yeah,” Hannah whispers and gives an awkward greeting.

“I saw Yoo Jaesuk on the way here,” the student tells and Hannah’s mouth opens in surprise.

“In the library? Is he in here?”

“He is outside. Want me to go see if he is coming?”

“Would you do that?” Hannah sounds so grateful hearing that question and she looks after the student behind the bookshelves when the female student is walking to the entrance of the library. About two minutes the student returns to Hannah, saying the Running Man member walked by outside the library – meaning he is not entering – and Hannah thanks so much for the help, holding her hand by her chest when continuing to walk around among the books. She doesn’t walk around for long until she makes a sudden stop and points at something, looking over her shoulder at the VJ. “It’s my book.”

Happily she takes out the book ‘Joe – Under Seoul’s Streets’ from the bookshelf that has the new arrived books, opening it and just simply looking through it with a huge smile before she puts it back where it was and continues to walk; that big smile just won’t disappear. She ends up taking a book and sits down deeper inside the library, trying to be invisible while reading.

.

Maria seems to walk around outside as if she has no problems at all. She looks around her from time to time, but mostly she is just walking and talking with her VJ. The diva princess of 5 Pieces makes sure you don’t mistake of her name, definitely.

“It’s cold!” she complains. She is walking around in a ivory lace-trim yoke tank dress with the same hooded drawstring-waist jacket the other members are wearing, but her bare legs looks very cold in the sunny weather because of the wind blowing openly outdoors at the campus. “It would’ve been better if we filmed indoors…”

“Um, you could walk inside the buildings too,” her VJ tells her and Maria suddenly stops, looking at him.

“Are you kidding with me? We have walked around in the freezing cold for several minutes already and only NOW you tell me we could go inside? Aish…” Maria sighs and continues to walk, heading towards the closest door, upset that she thought everyone was supposed to only go outside.

But she is still outside now, and further away is Kim Jongkook – the muscular Sparta Kook who has the voice of a mosquito. He has just walked around the corner of a building and quickly spots the long-legged foreigner walking further away; students turning around to look at her. Of course he realises it is an idol – especially with the eyes following her and that outstanding hair of three colours. He sneaks closer, still being far away from her when asking his own VJ if it could be …

“Maria!” he calls out.

The tall girl turns around, almost stumbling with a step back with a surprised face expression and she looks almost scared when seeing who it is. Maria greets him politely first, then just as Kim Jongkook is about to say something she starts to sing his song [Loveable] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7DTQuymmUI)

*You’re loveable from head to toe

I’m so proud to to have you as my girl* she sings in a light voice before starting to dance what is supposed to be the main choreography for the song in Maria’s mind, but for those watching it looks like a mix with a drunkard’s dance.

Kim Jongkook laughs and claps his hands, amazed and he then steps forward with his hand reached out, looking so surprised at her. Maria looks really beautiful, her skin is spotless and her body is tall and slim and in the outfit she looks to have come straight from the stage even if her make-up is easier than stage make-up is.

“I didn’t expect to see you here,” Kim Jongkook admits when shaking her hand lightly. “Are you the guest?”

“Do you want me to be?” Maria smilingly flirts with him so Kim Jongkook gives a laugh and she at the same time took a long step back away from him. “Are you filming Running Man?” she asks as if she isn’t the guest.

Kim Jongkook looks a little confused but smiles. “You are the guest. Is 5 Pieces the guest today?”

“It could be, it could be not.” She shrugs her shoulders. “It could be a main vocal special too, you know; me, SNSD’s Taeyeon, some pretty girls.”

But Kim Jongkook is the Commander, he looks suspiciously at her and at the surrounding before he seems to realise something. “5 Pieces is making a comeback, right? That means 5 Pieces is today’s guests, right?” he asks while pointing at her, getting excited to realise it himself. He gives a laugh and claps his hands together once before asking if he is right. Maria gives another shrug.

“I never said I am the guest, Oppa.”

“What would you otherwise do here?” Kim Jongkook laughs.

“Performance. We are performing here today, can’t you notice?” she asks and shows off her clothes. “Pretty, don’t you think?”

Kim Jongkook now looks deeply confused, his brain working for full to figure it out. “You are wearing sneakers, but that could just be that you haven’t changed yet…” He really takes notice of everything.

“Ah, sorry Oppa, but I have to go now,” Maria pretends and bows, stepping forward to shake his hand again. “Good luck!” she cheerfully says before she starts to walk away, glancing over her shoulder to keep an eye on him, continuing to wave as he is still suspicious.

He walks after her, telling her he is just going the same direction, but to his VJ – when he has gotten some space between him and Maria – he whispers and mumbles that it could be true about her having a performance at the campus, but at the same time it is suspicious to be at the same time as Running Man is being filmed. “But she did get surprised to see me,” he continues to try figuring it out.

All of a sudden, coming running by behind him, is Carolina. She runs with all her might, the silver outfit shining brightly in the sun and she laughs when running by Kim Jongkook and Maria and coming after her is a screaming Song Jihyo who is screaming at Kim Jongkook for being weak in front of girls. Kim Jongkook is fast to realise what is going on and Maria starts to run.

“Never trust a pirate, Oppa!” Maria calls over her shoulder, laughing while running and of course she isn’t that fast so she is quickly caught, and she is laughing so much because Kim Jongkook had actually believed her.

“Take the bracelet, Oppa, the bracelet off!” Song Jihyo comes walking up to them, waving a bracelet in her hand and Carolina panting sadly after her. Kim Jongkook within seconds takes off the same bracelet Maria is wearing.

.

Hannah is still sitting and reading a book in the library, again forgetting all about the reason she is there. She seems pretty captivated in the book, being disturbed from time to time by students that want an autograph. She was just told that Maria and Carolina have been caught, so she is getting a little worried and keeps loosing focus of the book by looking up whenever she hears something. After another few minutes she is warned like before by a student walking by that Lee Gwangsoo is coming. Running Man knows that 5 Pieces are the guests, so they know who to look for. And the campus does have foreign students, so it is easier to melt in, but wearing the same drawstring jacket and coloured hairs it is still easy to stand out.

“Is he in the library?” Hannah asks, suddenly alert, and the moment the student nods Hannah leaves her seat.

The VJ films her heading back with the book she was reading and on the way she is making sure no Running Man member is around, starting to try leave or hide she suddenly freezes when hearing a familiar voice nearby. She takes up her finger to her lips to show the VJ to be quiet, both of them standing while being hunched forward, looking out between the books on the shelves. Hannah backs away and waves for the camera to come along when she starts to quietly jog by the wall, hiding behind the bookshelves and she sees the extremely tall Lee Gwangsoo walking further away, talking for the camera and him self and being his awkward self. Hannah giggles when seeing him, shaking her head before she continues to sneak away.

“Oh, oh, oh! Hannah! Hannah!” out of nowhere she hears Gwangsoo call out behind her in her tries to leave and she (without turning around) starts to run. Since she was already near the doors, she simply runs out of the library, Gwangsoo following and soon she is seen running down the stairs outside. Hannah’s short legs in the stairs, followed by the long legged Gwangsoo; it is such a difference that those seeing it must be bursting out in laughter.

Hannah continues to run in her sneakers; though Gwangsoo is tall he isn’t very fast and he keeps calling her name and for the other Running Man members too. Hannah makes an abrupt stop when Haha comes laughing in front of her; his laugh is hoarse and loud and he does it on purpose. Hannah bows politely and he suddenly stops his laughing to say ‘ah, ah’ and greet her with a bow back, saying she looks very pretty today too. She thanks him and asks if he wants to let her come through, Gwangsoo stopping behind her.

A few minutes later, sadly, Hannah is walking with a sulky face over to where Carolina and Maria are waiting by the main gate where the opening was filmed. Chairs had been taken out for the girls to sit, and Maria is complaining that she is still freezing – that she still hasn’t gotten to get indoors. Students that are surrounding by now offer her their jackets to warm her legs even if she has already gotten a blanket over because she is sitting down and is wearing a dress.

Eventually, the time is up. And two members of 5 Pieces are left – Emelia and Julia. Which means that for the first mission, 5 Pieces wins while Running Man looses. Everyone gathers, Emelia of course making fun of her members that got caught and Julia telling about her great hide-out. Anyway, 5 Pieces official greetings are made there and they have a small chat before heading out for the next location.

First off they sit down in the car; Running Man in a van as they need to fit seven people while 5 Pieces gets to sit in a normal car with two at the front and three in the back. Julia gets to drive, Emelia sitting on the passenger seat, Carolina sitting in the middle in the back, Hannah sitting on her left side and Maria sitting on the right; the car is filled with small cameras that will film because no camera-people are fit in the car. By the steering wheel it is a note telling them _Go to ‘the location’ Market and find the Running Man banner_

“So where are we going?” Julia ends up asking, not having a clue of where the market is.

“Have no idea~” Hannah sings in the back, busy putting on the seatbelt. Carolina repeats after her because she thought it was cute and Emelia is looking at the note as if she is going to find something more on it.

“Just follow the other car,” Emelia suggest coolly, nodding out the window where the Running Man van is. Julia looks at her as if they are actually going to consider that suggestion.

“No!” Carolina bursts out from the middle in the back, leaning forward to get between those at the front. “We must be independent. There is this cool thing that guides us, right?” She points at the GPS and Julia looks back with a smile. They still get help by a staff on how to use the GPS before heading off to the next location, waving to the students that still are standing around them. Just when getting on the road, of course, Maria tells them to turn on some good music. Carolina leans forward to touch the radio; Emelia hitting away her hand to turn on the music herself. The music they turn on had been prepared by the staff; 5 Pieces’ song.

“Are we supposed to perform in the car?” Carolina giggles, leaning her head back at the same time and Maria suddenly starts to dance in her seat to the camera filming above her, doing her face expressions and lip-synching before she actually starts to sing. The girls sing to [Black & White], doing the dance as they want and it is so messy with them singing all differently even if it is their own song.

If 5 Pieces was like most girl-groups, their image would be totally ruined if this part aired. Lucky them their image was created just like this during their audition time over four years ago; free spirited, loud, crazy and.

Arriving at the location, 5 Pieces walks up to the Running Man banner standing in the crowd and they receive the mission card; that Maria of course have to take but with a fast glance she hands it over to Carolina who gets to ready it out loud for the members;

“_Find the five items listed here below and bring them to the table; a purple t-shirt, a pair of green pants, white accessory, something yellow and a heart_...”

“A heart?” Maria puts her hand to her chest, worried.

“What’s ‘accessory’?” Hannah quietly asks. Julia shows the necklace around her neck, translating it and Hannah simply moves her lips and nods, understanding.

“Do we just run away?” Emelia asks, ready to start running before Running Man comes. They get an envelope with money to buy the things with too.

Running around at the market is fun, especially when Running Man members make their appearance there too. It takes time because not just do they need to find the items (on the “heart”, they just by a t-shirt with a heart print on it) but they also get some trouble filming because of the wild crowd of fans of both 5 Pieces and Running Man arrives. They even need to take a break to let the crowd loosen up, because it is seriously impossible to film. It had been so much people that it was like being at a concert of world stars, not able to even move your feet without stepping on someone. It was sick. Yoo Jaesuk had even apologized to some in the crowd when asking them to step back a little as Maria couldn’t breathe. Being in a situation like that is quite scaring, and Maria can easily panic. Yoo Jaesuk practically saved her, she says.

After finally, somehow managing to finish that mission, everyone gets to gather at a restaurant at the market (some small Korean restaurant place), sitting down on the floor with the short-legged tables and starting with the next mission right away. Two tables and two teams and a bunch of cameras and staff in front of them, the next mission starts off. _Watch the meat being cooked, first to swallow looses_

“Seriously!” Emelia burst out and Maria is just laughing loudly. Yoo Jaesuk laughs over their reaction and while most of them are giving their comments, Hannah explains for Carolina and Julia what they are supposed to do – as those two doesn’t really watch Running Man so they haven’t seen this kind of thing before.

What you are supposed to do is to have one from each team sit down and look at meat being cooked, and you are not supposed to swallow – it’s not that hard to see someone swallow – so the one who swallows first looses and they let the next two try. First to try are Gary and Carolina, and Carolina looses quickly because the moment they starts she asks if she can’t eat the side-dishes because she is hungry and Maria starts to push her away because when talking she had swallowed and everyone starts to ask if she isn’t a spy (in Running Man there can be a spy team that tries to make their known teams fail so in the end the spies will win) or if she didn’t understand the rules. Maria won’t let her play again and instead they move over to let Hannah and Gwangsoo play. In case you wonder, Carolina still wanted an answer on her question and she is told they can’t eat until the mission is done. They are all hungry, and the side-dish and cooking meat is really making their stomachs growl – which is why it is harder to do the mission.

Hannah sits down on the mission seat, facing Gwangsoo with her cute smile.

She remembers when he several months ago appeared on the show with FT Island’s Honggi, a try to promote their drama, and Gwangsoo had laughed and gotten all red in his face whenever he looked at her. He does that now, laughing behind his hand and leaning back because he is sitting in front of her, having the tables next to them. Kim Jongkook pushes Gwangsoo on the back for being foolish and Hannah keep looking up at him with a cute smile, trying not to laugh.

“I’m sorry, but do you like me?” Gwangsoo ends up getting some courage to ask – also for the variety of the program – when seeing how she looks at him.

“Will you let me win if I answer yes?” Hannah wonders and Gwangsoo gets for some reason really happy to get that question. Actually it was Maria sitting behind Hannah who told her to say that; Maria is really in to the flirting thing and to show off 5 Pieces’ charm today. Truth is that this is 5 Pieces’ first variety show visit in a long time, beside from their own Best of 5 but honestly that is just a show their fans would watch, while Running Man is something people watch because it is Running Man so there will be a lot more people watching than 5 Pieces’ fans. Maria wants to show who 5 Pieces is as if the world have forgotten about them.

“5 Pieces is using their feminine charm against us,” Jaesuk realises after Hannah’s question. “Gwangsoo, don’t be tricked!”

Hannah keeps smiling, waiting for the mission to start and she keeps swallowing now, drying to be able to get a chance to succeed. She does win in the end, because Gwangsoo is trying to secretly swallow but eagle-eyed Emelia notices it as she is leaning forward to see from the front.

Looking at meat, hearing and seeing it cook is really horrible when you are not allowed to either swallow or eat it, so even those who are sitting on the side and are hungry are in pain because they can only watch. And once the meat is cooked, the staff eats it. The face of 5 Pieces when seeing the staff getting the meat is like watching little kids not getting candy when being in a candy store and Running Man members had already expected something like that so they just make fun of 5 Pieces’ expressions. Now when Hannah is done playing, she just sits on the side and pouts irritated whenever the staff gets to eat the cooked meat. She looks really cute sitting tailor among the others, pouting and almost glaring at the staff eating, the other members busy playing. She is hungry too.

Once they finish the mission, they do get to eat. The mission ends and they get to enjoy the side-dishes and cooking new meat and enjoying the company. They make fun of Carolina for eating all the side-dishes too before they are changing location to the final location.

Sitting in the car this time, 5 Pieces is smiling strangely. When Running Man airs, this will come at the ending, as 5 Pieces’ appearance will be divided in two episodes. Part (episode) one is of them doing the opening mission and the other two missions, while part (episode) two will be the highlight Bells Hide and Seek.

“This will be fun,” Emelia starts off saying softly.

“We have been very kind so far, haven’t we?” Carolina smiles.

Emelia leans forward to the camera filming. “Running Man, it’s time to show what Pieces of One stands for.”

The viewers will get so confused when seeing the change of 5 Pieces in the car, wondering why they are like that and what is going to happen. The best thing when this airs is that the episode will end and a preview of the week after will come, revealing something that is so different from this episode: Running Man panicking and 5 Pieces smiling.

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

HEADLINE 15TH: FANS QUESTIONS HANNAH’S HEALTH AFTER NEW EPISODES OF ‘LIFE OF PIECES’

In recent episode of Life of Pieces Season 3, 5 Pieces showed the viewers backstage of their SM Town concert at Tokyo Dome from back in August. The episode aired at the first week of this month, but fans have recently taken a lot of notice of particularly one thing. Though the long showing backstage is filled with SM Town love between the groups and members, fans have taken notice of a specific part where Hannah and DBSK’s Changmin were talking; Hannah said she had medicine for and Changmin said he wanted some too. But what fans have noticed is that Hannah has several of bottles of pills, and only one seemed to be medicine for the throat.

This has brought up the past of 5 Pieces’ youngest once again who two years ago was in a serious car accident where she ended up in a twelve days long coma. Even last year, Hannah was showed to be taking strong pills that made her almost unable to stay awake and she also had to take a few weeks rest after falling apart during practice, missing most of 5 Pieces’ comeback promotions. According to fans who got worried after seeing that figured out that Hannah must be in a lot of pain still at that time, but now it has been two years since the accident and to see Hannah still taking varies of pills makes fans question Hannah’s health.

Hannah has brought a lot of questions to her by firstly loosing weight, then being in a car accident and now her schedule is so full that she can’t seem to get enough rest. Fans are questioning SM, almost demanding an explanation to why Hannah is taking so many different pills and if she has recovered from the accident two years ago. What do you think is going on with 5 Pieces’ youngest?

COMMENTS:

- “What???? What’s wrong with 5 Pieces’ baby? Don’t be hurt~~”

- “I have been wondering the same thing! At times it seems like she has recovered while at other times she seems to be in such pain, like there is something different with her eyes at times. I want an explanation too for these things, SM answer!”

- “It’s probably just because of her tough schedule =( She is probably the busiest person in Korea this year”

- “Oh please, must there always be something? Any thoughts of that all Koreans seem to take a lot of healthy things? Infinite’s leader had a drawer filled with boxes like those Hannah had, all medication for the smallest thing -.- And with her schedule, maybe she do need to take some pills.”

- “I like that part. Changmin mentions that Hannah didn’t participate in SM Town’s Tokyo Dome performance last year – which was when she was resting – but says she got to show off her good Japanese this time… I love seeing the love everyone gives 5P ^^, But now when you mention, Hannah is actually taking those pills in the background while Changmin talks…”

- “Our favourite magnae! But if this was in August, maybe it was just a cold or something? She could’ve been tired too because Julia did say 5 Pieces had about five concerts that week o_o”

Answer on one above: - “Could be true about the concert thing, as Julia said the girls were exhausted at Tokyo Dome because of their schedule that week but they were still excited to perform at Tokyo Dome with SM Town... I still think it isn’t anything to worry about because 5 Pieces is making a comeback and they all seem to be doing well”

- “She looks healthy to me O_o She has the best s-line, is the hottest bagel girl, is perfect on stage and she is totally adorable. Can’t believe fans think she isn’t healthy -.-”

Answer on the one above: - “Being healthy has nothing to do with your body shape -_- Sure she doesn’t look sick and has the perfect body, but she can still be in pain and other things. I think that the accident Hannah was in was so severe that it maybe takes years to fully recover, so until then maybe she has to take medicine or something. Either way, fighting Hannah, stay strong!”

- “There is not just the pills that makes me worry. Remember in Best of 5 when SHINee came? Hannah was doing these yoga movements in the morning while everyone was still sleeping, and she didn’t even know she was being filmed – that was cute, but who does that in the early morning? Sure she is stunning and probably the most amazing person of 2012 with everything she does, but I am worrying too here!

- “Come on guys, seriously? The girl does yoga and takes medicine and you think it is something wrong with that? She has a tough schedule; of course she would take medicine, and beside the medicine she took there was for , which probably all idols do for a good performance -.- and yoga in the morning is actually pretty basic for some people. Don’t over think of everything”

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 15th: Fans Questions Hannah’s Health After New Episodes Of ‘Life of Pieces’

 

Headline 16th: Nylon Magazine Reveals BTS Video Of 5 Pieces Fighters Return Concept Photoshoot

Headline 16th: 5 Pieces’ Seen Filming Running Man!

Headline 16th: Running Man Faces Trouble With Filming Due To Overcrowded Streets