Chapter 01

Youngest of Pieces - [Black & White] (7)

The long, curly dyed light-brown hair is hanging down over her chest heavily, locks freely looking like they would bounce by each sudden movement, the hair extensions taking most attention at the top while her bare legs are taking more attention lower down. The hair has been parted to form around her face, a lock hanging over her eyebrow to be seen at the corner of her clear blue-green eyes, a make-up with mascara, eyeliner and bronze eye-shadow marks her eyes to match her hair and skin, her lips having a soft natural colour. Her face, that just a few years ago was perfectly round and filled with cuteness has slimmed down, especially by the neck and cheeks, having now a ier form though the traces of cuteness still being there. Her body, not especially tall, has high heels on, matching the see-through shirt in black and her slender legs, while the shirt is slightly hiding her curvy body of s and hip, a trained body being hidden under the clothes. The long see-through shirt in black sees through only her shoulders, arms and below the black safety shorts, a tank top hidden there under too to not test the stylist’s destiny of wanting to show off her body.

Five grape coloured nail holds on to the microphone, her short fingers with the small hand looks longer with the nails reaching over the tip off her fingers. Two rings are on her fingers, the only accessories she is wearing. The microphone is brought to her lips, the sound from the piano heard through the earpiece in her ear. Spotlights, focused on her, the strong light feeling warm on her skin under the make-up, the brightness made her blink a few times extra at the beginning until she got used to it, now able to look at what is in front of her. She continues to sing the song; a downhearted voice leaps through her lips in a high tone, through the microphone and out the speakers over the Seoul Jamsil Stadium that is filled and crowded with fans of SM Town’s different artists that tonight have gathered for SM Town World Tour 3.

The piano, just as live as her voice, is being played from her left side. The beauty of the 355 days younger than the singer is Lee Taemin from SHINee, his flawless jaw-line standing out while eyes softly focusing on the piano where his fingers are playing the melody of the year. He has put on a black shirt, matching her with a black outfit and his brown hair has been styled handsomely with the hair straight-cut, a soothing calmness being over him while he is graciously playing on the piano with long fingers. He looks up, his eyes glancing over at the female singer who is into the song he is playing for her, and he closes his eyes when her voices goes higher, every single part of her voice having the emotion of the song that has captured the heart of listeners since it was released several months ago.

The stadium is filled with fans of hers and fans over other artists, all feeling the song they are performing. Some are crying, others are waving their hands along the melody, and most of them are singing along without ruining the beautiful performance. Their voices are like back-up singers, a must for a great song to be great, making the sea of the group’s individual colours in the stadium a sea of the most beautiful sea you can ever witness. The singer’s voice has a foreign sound in it, an outstanding tone that normally can easily sound too strong, but with the piano she manages to keep her voice waving to how it should sound in this song.

[I CRY], the song that in 2012 took the listeners in storm. Singing desperately, she has come to the final chorus. Her voice is louder, more helpless and desperate. She is shaking her free hand up and down, looking to be on the verge of crying when capturing the emotion of the lyrics. Taemin’s voice sings in the background for the chorus, though the differences of their tones and voices are big, it evens out in the song. Taemin, slightly leaning forward to the microphone while still playing on the piano, sings softly to even out with her voice.

*I cry* he sings, taking out the two words while she sings higher; *(I keep crying~~)*

*These feelings inside my chest

True feelings, I cry

I cry (I can’t stop these tears~~)

These words comes from my heart

True words, I cry*

The song, fairly about the confusion of living and purposes, the reason to be alive, questioning the tears you can’t hold back. The lyrics are talking about suicide in a heartbreaking way, and her voice is making people burst out in tears by the way she represents the song that somehow has managed to make a lot of listeners feel their minds have been read as the song can say so much to them. She sings the final verse, her voice calming down.

*Two lights rush towards me

Just one second~

A beautiful melody leaves me

The street is left in lightning*

*One last look

I cry, I cry*

Taemin finishes off playing on the piano, single fingers pressing the keys of the piano for the ending before his last press leaves an ending tone. The audience starts to scream out loudly when hearing the last ending tone and the screaming keeps going when the two idols are walking off the stage.

She gets down the stairs from the stage slowly, her fingers on the left hand curled up in to a fist when resting on Taemin’s shoulder to get support to get down the stairs in the high heels. Her right hand holds the microphone that a staff gets the moment she reaches the last stair. Taemin, who calmly has been walking in front of her, stops when coming off the stairs and he turns around to look at her, smiling widely with a hoarse chuckle while her hand is still resting on his shoulder.

“I made a mistake,” he confesses. His face looks happy, because though he made a mistake in his piano playing on the stage, it wasn’t too noticeable. He laughs and keeps walking when she lifts her hand up to then drop it down on his shoulder, still in a fist, for a slight hit. She is grimacing when doing that, but then smiles and pats him on the shoulder instead, thanking him friendly for performing with her.

“Hannah!” a voice calls out and a hand touches her elbow. A final raised hand in front of her from Taemin make her smile that cute and friendly smile, and she give him a high five before she jogs off to the backstage room with the manager who had waited for her.

Backstage it is loud and fun. Staff and idols are walking back and forth from room to room, clothes being carried here and make-up kits being carried there, someone running in a hurry with a pair of shoes. The noise is from talking, laughing and some names being called out. Some are standing in the corridor, a small group of friends chatting while waiting for their performance, some other rooms occupied by those who are preparing with stage outfits and a final check in the mirror to make sure hair and make-up is as it should. Hannah with her long light brown hair bouncing up and down in her try to take longer steps in those high heels to keep up with the manager leading her to the dressing room is falling forward at the sides of her face when she bows politely, walking by one of the seniors dressing rooms. Halfway from the stage to the dressing room, a stylist comes up to her, making them stop to help Hannah change her high heels to cute blue slippers and Hannah is once again starting to bow when hurrying through the corridor, greeting Super Junior’s Shindong who is on his way to the stage to watch the performances of his juniors.

Hannah enters the dressing room. The room smells like hairspray and food, familiar voices loudly chatting about the concert and outfits. Hannah slinks through without being much noticed, only the female stylist who met her outside leads her to the side where a row of stage outfits are lined up with notes of names on each hanger for the outfits. Two hangers put together are given to her to change in to.

“I’m still going to dive in with my hair up,” Julia says when leaning away from the mirror, turning her head a little to the side to check out the short hair that right above her neck has been put up in a ponytail, a row of the up-cut hair from the top of her hair is hanging down outside the ponytail, the up-cut hair hanging down over her ears.

Her hair is in a dark brown colour, locks in a lighter colour. Her face is in a light colour, having probably the easiest make-up of those of the group. In Sweden, her face and body would be one in the crowd, not standing out in any way. She is not super skinny, not does she have any curves, but she got this special charm with just that. There is no need for her to dress differently, work out to get a great body or colour her hair into all kind of colours, because with all people these days being outstanding, she is one of few who looks normal. And for that, she stands out too. Julia, who has been talking to some of the others in the room about how she should have her hair for their performance, and though the stylist had recommended to keep her hair out, Julia made the decision to have it up. She gets help to style it though, the room by then smelling more hairspray.

Julia looks at her side when Hannah comes up to stand next to her. Hannah has now changed into a black rope-detail printed t-shirt with a star at the front, a pair of black distressed jeans to blue slippers from before, an outfit she also used in the group’s Japanese PV of [Once Upon A Time] recently (well, not the slippers). The clothes are men wear, a headline that earlier in the week was a hot topic as in the music video, 5 Pieces were wearing men’s wear, and they are doing it today too. Julia looks slightly irritated with a raised eyebrow at the group’s youngest member, twitching slightly when watching Hannah through the mirror reflection, the 20 days younger girl is using a napkin to dab away the sweat from her forehead while a stylist is talking to her.

For several months, Julia has gotten angry at Hannah without a reason. She admitted she was jealous over Hannah’s filled schedule while Julia only had a radio appearance three times a week, and Julia spent the rest of her week taking lessons and classes and at the dorm she planted a lot of flowers and plants that now are dying because she doesn’t take care of them. It’s easy to be jealous of Hannah. Recently she seems to have it all, Julia thinks. Even now, with everyone being backstage at the concert, Hannah performed her solo song with Taemin. A song that has received so much love because of Hannah, about the lyrics she wrote and how she performs the song. She is the youngest in their group, having the cute image, but on the stage she is y. Even now, dabbing her forehead, she is y.

Without a word, Julia turns away with a jealous face-expression, announcing that if she now is done, she can go outside and watch EXO perform.

“I’ll go too,” Carolina, who has been sitting in the sofa and eating some of the food she had found outside, says cheeringly. She shines up, struggling to go over her manager’s legs to come by before Julia leaves the room. Her short black hair seems to have no products in it as it is freely moving by every single movement she does. She is wearing a dot-pattern t-shirt in black and wait to a pair of drawstring harem pants, her clothes matching the ones Hannah and Julia are wearing.

“Oi, oi, you two,” Manager Lim Chunho, their very own manager Appa, raises his hand to make the two girls stop on their way to rush out the room. Julia stops by the door, a hand on the doorframe while Carolina had hurried to come up to her, she isn’t as fast to stop so she bounces in to Julia. Carolina has a clueless face when asking why she stops and Julia just hits her arm, annoyed by her friend. Julia points over at the manager who has stand up.

Lim Chunho is over 40, he has a wife and children, but in his eyes, 5 Pieces is part of his family too. He has a strict fatherly face, and for his age he seems to be very fit, though under the clothes he doesn’t have many muscles. He has managed to stay away from getting bigger around his stomach after the years though most of his friends have grown in size. Julia has though started to make fun of him, saying he looks to be gaining weight lately. He has stood up from the sofa, looking at the two girls as if they have done something bad, and the two girls are waiting to hear what they will be scolded for.

“Take Hannah with you,” is all their manager says with a nod to the side.

Hannah, getting help to fix her make-up by a stylist standing by the mirror, turns to look over her shoulder with big eyes. “I’m not ready.” Her voice sounds tiny, as she hadn’t expected to be mentioned. Julia had looked disappointed to hear she must wait, but hearing Hannah say that she smiles at their manager.

“Carolina will wait for her,” she is fast to say before slinking out the room in a hurry to not be stopped. Carolina gives a sulky face after her before smiling when walking back inside the room, saying she will wait forever for Hannah.

“It seems like I must stay in a line then,” a female voice by the door says and those in the room laughs.

“Fany,” Carolina cries out and goes to give SNSD’s Tiffany a hug. Tiffany laughs, knowing she is Carolina’s favourite of the favourites, always. Carolina is always overreacting and dramatic over these things no one ever notices, and Tiffany is maybe a little alike. Hannah doesn’t seem to mind the two girls being busy chatting now; she just focuses on letting the stylist fix her make-up.

5 Pieces, a group of five Swedish girls, debuted in the year 2008 as a South Korean pop group. Though struggling a lot with antis in the country, struggling to kind of fit in in their own way, the girls have always felt welcomed in SM Entertainment. Tiffany, one of those speaking fluently English, has since day one chatted like friends with the girls. It connected between her and Carolina, the two of them almost being like sisters the way they are always laughing together. Compared to when 5 Pieces are at concerts where all kind of k-pop groups are, they are more comfortable and familiar with the atmosphere at SM Town’s concerts. Now too, when Hannah is putting on the sneakers for the performance, she can hear the dull sounds of music from the stage and cheers from the audience, but she can clearer hear someone laugh in the room next too. Outside in the corridor she can hear someone else happily talking in a loud voice, a voice further away answering.

Tiffany walks with them to the stage. Hannah walks a little behind the two chatting friends, bowing politely when Super Junior’s Kangin joins them to walk to the stage. He walks next to Hannah, but it is Tiffany and Carolina he is talking to. They are friendly talking with each other, Kangin’s hoarse laugh always making Hannah smile. He glances at her, smiling brotherly before placing his arm around her shoulder to give her some sort of one-second long shoulder hug before taking it down. Maybe Kangin spent time in the military, not meeting the members in 5 Pieces during that time, but the moment he met them after coming out, he still had that brotherly image for them. Every smile, every word and every touch reminds Hannah of a brother, and he knows that too.

Carolina turns around, walking backwards now when they are close to the stage, continuing to happily talk to Kangin who gives a hoarse laugh again before Tiffany interrupts, and all four of them looks at a woman who made them stop.

“A picture?” the woman asks, showing a camera that she is holding in both her hands. She is part of the staff, taking pictures for SM Town’s official Facebook. Kangin puts his arm back around Hannah’s shoulders and she automatically leans her head slightly towards him, while Tiffany and Carolina puts their arms around each others waists too when the four of them stands next to each other. Kangin’s other arm goes around Carolina’s shoulders, and he smiles again when the woman raises the camera to focus on them.

“Say ‘potato chips’!” Carolina bursts out and an awkward laugh goes over them just as the photo is taken.

Tiffany laughs loudly and Hannah just looks embarrassed. The woman suggests them to take a new picture, as their faces had been a little strange in the first picture. Kangin warns Carolina to say something when they start to smile anew for a second try, and Kangin who has his arm around Carolina, takes his hand to her cheek to lightly pinch it in a warning to say anything more. It goes better this time.

Hannah walks up to stand by the side of the stage, waiting to get her microphone on. A few meters next to her stands SNSD’s Hyoyeon with a happy smile, talking to 5 Pieces’ Maria while watching EXO’s performance. Maria, the tall model-like captain of 5 Pieces, looks like she is here for a photo shoot. She got sneakers on, her outfit matching the rest of the group’s but it looks totally different on her long, slim body. Maria can wear anything and make it look good, and she is well aware of it. Now when she is standing next to the shorter girl, and Hyoyeon is even wearing high heels, she looks like the senior she is to the rookies on the stage. She is enjoying watching the performance, hearing the audience cheer and she is longing deeply to step up there and perform too. There is an anxiousness entering their bodies, Hannah can feel it too. The excitement that they will soon go up on the stage, all five members, is worth waiting for. Carolina too, standing with some others, is smiling when knowing next up is 5 Pieces.

A hand brushes against Hannah’s. She knows who it is right away because of the way the hand invisibly from others sight had stopped for a second to keep the moment, and since she knows who it is, she has a cute smile when looking over her shoulder at the owner of the discrete touch. A pair of eyes, almost hidden behind a smile and eye bags of tiredness, meets hers in a glance that no one else in this stadium can receive from any of the two. A glance that for them is secret, though all of their colleagues of SM Town are aware of the secret they hide from the public.

“Fighting,” SHINee’s Jonghyun simply tells her with a tiny smile at the corner of his mouth.

He sounds amused. Maybe that is because it is making both of their blood rush warmer in their veins whenever they have a moment like this; a moment that they shouldn’t have.

“Fighting,” Hannah responses with a giggle because she too finding this amusing.

For just that short moment, they look at each other with a smile. She is reminded of something she had written in her book, that ‘words are just words coming out of your mouth, while a smile is the truth of your feelings’. Just his smile. Her own smile grows by the memory of writing that down, and she is close to give him a hug when a staff is asking 5 Pieces to come get their microphones. Jonghyun smiles and his hand slightly touch her arm when he continues to walk and Hannah turns to the staff to get ready.

“I got no idea of how the two of you are able to keep things hidden from the public the way you are drooling after each other,” Maria sighs next to Hannah when getting help with the microphone.

She is shaking her head, not understanding at all how those touches and smiles and glances that are supposed to be secret and hidden actually are secret and hidden. Since Maria sees it all the time, she supposes others see it too, because she is not the person who sees the obvious. But only those who know about Jonghyun and Hannah’s relationship are the ones seeing these cute moments. A year has passed since SM Town family found out about it, all because Super Junior’s Donghae had found the two walking in the corridor together. Hannah, having the image as one of the youngest in their family, and also the innocent one, surprised everyone by having a relationship. Still being treated like that, Hannah’s image at the family hasn’t changed though a lot of them are saying she has grown. Maria is one of those who love the secret relationship the two are hiding, and that she is helping to hide, but she too is making sure they know a limit so the public won’t find out.

Emelia is the last member to come up to them, all microphones ready and only a minute left before they will head to their positions. Emelia takes her fingers through her long brown-red hair, her fingers in the same light colour as the rest of her skin, almost like a ghost’s. Her thin eyes are focused on glancing at the other members as if she is just seeing if it is her members she is standing with, a thick layer of eyeliner making her eyes look scary.

“Is everybody here?” Maria asks and looks around. Emelia raises an eyebrow when seeing Maria looking around them, and not at the members. Maria then smiles, turning back to the four members and place her hand out in front of her. Hannah smiles, following the others to place their hands over their leaders, all five standing together in a circle. Carolina puts her arm around Hannah when leaning closer in the circle, unable to stop smiling. “Pieces”, Maria starts saying and she clears before continuing; “I am looking fabulous today. And you look kind of good too.”

Hannah smiles when seeing Emelia roll her eyes and Julia look like she is chuckling under her breath at their leader’s words.

“We are meeting our fans in Korea today, and to not disappoint ourselves, our fans and SM Town, let’s show them what pieces of one is for. Who are we?” Maria continues.

“5 Pieces!”

“OMG! WHO ARE WE?!” Maria bursts out, sounding annoyed at first because of the lack of cheering in their tones and automatically, all five screams out; “5 PIECES!”

Hands fly up in the air. Their voices are excited, having the tone of expectations, the kind of cheer they always do before a performance. Their excitement always reaches the top for a performance after a cheer, and it is today too. Carolina starts to jump, laughing in the excitement of that they will perform again. The girls are telling each other to do well while lining up towards the stage. Hannah is feeling nervous. Every time she is waiting to go up on the stage, there is this strange feeling in her body that is a mix of excitement and nervousness. Her mind is blank now, she can’t think of what she is supposed to do on the stage, on what music she will perform or what is happening around her. She just stares out at Julia’s back until they start to move forward. Their hearts are beating faster when running up on the dark stage to take their positions. Maria’s hand touches Carolina’s back just before she runs by to take her position. Every single touch made when taking their positions is comforting, it is telling each other that they are doing this together. Seeing Maria’s hand touch Carolina’s back makes Hannah smile before turning her back around for her own position. She takes a deep breath, hearing the music go on as the stage lightens up.

Its 5 Pieces turn on the stage. The song [Once Upon A Time], the main track from the group’s first album released in 2009, is playing first and the moment the stage lightens up, the audience starts to scream. Their performance starts, dancing to all they know as they don’t sing the song live. The audience is screaming loudly, giving 5 Pieces adrenaline to do even better. It is this they are living for. It is the moment when performing, having the audience knowing the lyrics and not wanting the song to end. Hearing people call their name, scream over every single thing in excitement. Hannah can throw her hair, dance wildly for the choreography, surrounded by her members on the stage and the dancers, knowing that she got the main spot of all attention, but she doesn’t have it alone. It is different from when she performed her solo song with Taemin. This is a dance song; the crazy dance was the first step for 5 Pieces’ success in Korea. She is performing it with the four people that mean the most for her in the whole world, and they are performing it in front of fans that are just as excited as them.

It is the time when you want time to stop; not wanting to ever let go of the feeling and the moment, not wanting to let it pass.

[Once Upon A Time] does come to an end, but right after the song released just at the beginning of this year starts to play. [Switch] has the choreography that doesn’t give a pause, making the girls dance and move every single second for those three minutes. With the music so loud that her chest feels all shaky, Hannah manages to move to the beat of the music instead of the beat of her chest.

The loud last chorus has started, the girls doing the repeating addicted dance. By this time they have gotten sweaty. Compared to most girl-groups dances, 5 Pieces’ songs have more power like a boy-group, and this song is a good example to that. Though they aren’t singing live, the song is difficult enough with the choreography. Hannah can feel her drops of sweat trying to run down her spine under her clothes, the feeling uncomfortable but she doesn’t notice it until the song is over. The lower part of her back hurts, and when walking over to take her position for their greetings – the audience now shouting louder than ever as the music has stopped – she asks Carolina when passing her if her foot is okay. In the middle of [Switch], Hannah had accidentally stepped on Carolina’s foot lightly, but the weird thing is that it happened two more times before the song ended. Carolina gives a smiling laugh, saying it didn’t hurt, but it feels like someone has stepped on the same spot three times.

Holding microphones in their hands, standing next to each other in front of the audience, their greeting starts.

“Pieces of one,” Emelia says and the whole group says together; “hello, we are 5 Pieces!”

Hannah bows when saying ‘Pieces’, seeing Julia on her right side doing it too. Hannah takes down her microphone from right after that, as she is trying to catch her breath. Now when there is no music she can feel the tiredness coming over her, but she is smiling because of the sight in front of her, so many fans from around the world have come for SM Town. She removes a lock of her hair from her face before smiling towards some fans to the left, smiling happily.

“I’m 5 Pieces’ Princess Captain, Maria!” the leader greets everyone from the very left with confidence.

“The charismatic rapper of 5 Pieces, I’m EM,” she greets in the darkest tone.

“I am the bright mascot Carolina from 5 Pieces! Nice to meet you!” Carolina’s voice is almost screaming, light and bright.

“Hello everyone, I’m the sweet Julia,” she kindly greets and waves to the audience.

“And I’m Hannah, the youngest of 5 Pieces,” she cutely greets and ends with a new bow.

They don’t say much after that, starting of their third song [One and Only]. The song is in English, their song from the repacked album from last years second album [I Love You]. The same song was also in their first international single, and though it is the group’s very first song in English, it doesn’t have their usual so-called trademark song style. It’s got a cute sound, but it has this simply cuteness, matching the English lyrics.

All five members sing in the chorus, and this is the only song they do live. Hannah sings cutely in the chorus, smiling and winking. It comes automatically for the songs they promoted last year, all the blinking is almost a disease as it keeps coming nonstop. She moves up her shoulders when lifting up a leg, turning to the side in the choreography, giving a shoulder shrug with a wink and she smiles when hearing the fans closest to the stage cheer happily. After the first chorus, Carolina sings her part. Her voice always got the high-pitch cuteness.

*There are always guys following me around

They are handsome, they are cute and all*

Julia sings next, dancing at the centre while singing and she smiles sweetly over the audience cheering over her part.

*But when I see you, you, they all fade away*

Hannah sings the next half of the part, cutely pointing to the audience with a wink.

*You are sparkling, being my Bling, Bling*

*[Maria] I am your first love, yours for eternity

Will you love me?*

*[CHORUS, all] Tell me how much you like, like, like, like me

Tell me when you fell, fell, fell for me

I will be your one and only (oh, oh) One and Only

The only girl for you

(It’s me)*

*[CHORUS 2, all] Tell me, I like, like you so much

Tell me, I fell, fell for you too

I will be your one and only (oh, oh) One and Only

The only girl for you

It’s me*

*Tell me, what you want, want, want* Julia sings and the girls starts to part from the centre, heading out on the rest of the stages.

*Tell me, who you want, want, want

I’m sure that is me* Carolina loudly sings while jumping forward, waving with her free hand to the audience.

*I am your girl* Julia sings, pointing at a fan in the audience and she laughs outside the microphone when the man is singing along loudly.

*Your dream, the one and only* Maria walks by Julia, being into her singing and she shows one finger up on her finger when singing it.

*There are always girls following you around

They are pretty, they are cute and all* Carolina sings with a sighing face expression, looking like she can’t understand it. Hannah is walking with Emelia on the long side stage, taking on the next part;

*But when you see me, they all fade away

I am sparkling, being your Baby, Baby*

She laughs when singing *sparkling* because Emelia stepped up next to her, leaning forward and just centimetres away she gives a kiss to her before happily walking away to do her own part with the cuteness she rarely shows in public or on stage.

*My cheeks can blush, my heart can jump

You have fallen for my charming mind – my style*

*[Maria] I call you Honey, my baby

[Hannah] Will you fall for me?*

*[CHORUS, all] Tell me how much you like, like, like, like me

Tell me when you fell, fell, fell for me

I will be your one and only (oh, oh) One and Only

The only girl for you

(It’s me)*

*[Maria] It’s me! [Hannah] I’m your girl, only yours~

[Maria] The one and only, tell me~, woa~~~*

Maria’s voice rises during the long adlib while the others continue with the chorus again, and Maria’s voice is just clearly light and high and it’s got no end. The audience screams like insane when her voice is extremely high and Maria is finally finishing her part. The others are dancing, being on different parts of the stages. Slowly they are starting to head back to the centre again.

*[CHORUS, all] Tell me how much you like, like, like, like me

Tell me when you fell, fell, fell for me

I will be your one and only ([Maria] your one and only~)

The only girl for you ([Maria] the only girl for you~)

It’s me ([Maria] it’s me~~~)*

*[CHORUS 2, all] Tell me, I like, like you so much ([Hannah] Tell me, I like you~)

Tell me, I fell, fell for you too ([Hannah] tell me, I fell for you~)

I will be your one and only ([Hannah] your one and only~)

The only girl for you

It’s me*

Hannah did her adlibs while slightly jumping, taking the excitement all the way down from her toes. She knows that 5 Pieces is awkward performing cute songs, which is why they are performing this song of excitement instead. They know their fans like their charismatic performances, but for a change it is always fun to just enjoy a song. Not for its choreography – though the chorus’ choreography is simply and fun – but for its simply beat and the excitement of looking at each other closer. 5 Pieces seeing their fans closer and their fans seeing their idols closer; it all has a meaning. 5 Pieces stands together at the final *it’s me*, taking the final pose together with bright smiles while the audience starts to wildly shout.

That moment when you get off the stage, the people around you want you to rush to go change clothes for your next song, and all you can do is look at those coming off the stage with you, breathing in the after feeling from the stage. Emelia is laughing, a low laugh of happiness over how well it went for them. Maria makes sure they all leave their microphones while being pushed to head forward. She meets Hannah’s eyes, and they both smiles at each other. Hannah looks at her left side, Carolina hugging Julia with one arm and Julia is smiling widely with her head down. This is 5 Pieces. A group that fights so much, but after finishing a great performance with a great audience, it feels like they have the whole world in their hands.

“We did well,” Maria admits to them all when they have reached their room to change clothes. She looks at them, not as a leader, but as a best friend.

“We were the best,” Carolina agrees and laughs when Emelia without a reason gives her a punch on the arm. Hannah laughs.