Chapter 40 - Headlines

Youngest of Pieces - [Black & White] (7)

5 Pieces’ International New Release:

2012.11.06 – “Black & White” 2nd International Single

1. “Black & White” [electro pop]

2. “Take the Key” [R&B]

3. “Black & White (Jared Bone Remix)”

4. “Black & White (DJ Dash Remix)”

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

HEADLINE 11TH: FT ISLAND’S HONGGI TALKS ABOUT 5 PIECES HANNAH’S ULTIMATE CHARM?

At a recent program, FT Island’s lead vocalist Honggi was asked about 5 Pieces’ youngest Hannah, who he has acted as a couple with in the popular teenage drama Midnight Dream from earlier this year. The idols are well known for their close friendship as well as past scandals of possible dating (that has been denied), and earlier this year they created a massive reaction when they appeared in the same drama as the magical musician teenage dream couple.

Honggi mentioned when talking about Hannah something he called “Hannah’s ultimate charm”. Now, here’s the question; what does that mean?

This is what Honggi said about Hannah:

“When we were filming for the drama, there were times when my character would sleep over at Hannah’s character’s place. We had to lie down next to each other and pretend to sleep. What I think is really one of the charms of Hannah is that she always called those particular scenes for bed scenes – and bed scene is, you know, mostly used for intimate bed scenes – and she was confused when people tried to correct her. Hannah’s ultimate charm is that she is innocent, and I think that is what really makes me have fun with her.”

In the drama Midnight Dream, Honggi and Hannah played as old friends in the same band and deeper in the drama they become a couple, which was a hot topic earlier in the year as for the past few years the idols have many times been rumoured to be dating through several occasions of them hanging out on their own. Both the idols and their agencies have denied the rumours to say they are just close friends, but with the two of them constantly talking about each other and showing such affection to each other: are you sure they aren’t dating? Past pictures of the two are still soaring around the internet with a big interest to fans, such as a picture that Honggi uploaded a twitter of his hand along with someone else’s, saying he had gotten nail art done with a friend – that friend turned up to be Hannah as she had the same nail art at a performance that day. Also at the set of Midnight Dream, from backstage footage and pictures, the two seem to be extremely close.

What fans now are bringing up from the interview is that Honggi seemed very happy to talk about the funny “bed scene” episode, happily talking about Hannah’s innocence that he seem to like about her. Let’s wish them for a happy relationship ^-^

COMMENTS:

- “Hannah’s Ultimate Charm… Honggi, have you been charmed by Hannah? Oh my oh my ;)”

- “Oppa is so cute! But don’t talk about Hannah -.- it makes me jealous, Oppa!”

- “I’m confused with Hannah. She used to play around with guys but yet she seems so innocent? It’s confusing!”

- “There are two ways for me to see their relationship: one, they are close friends as they say but they love the attention they are getting together so they keep coming out with weird comments and things to keep the scandal – or two, they are a couple and keep denying it in a bad way as it is extremely transparent. Personally, I hope it is the second one because they looked really cute together in the drama. Fighting HongAh Couple!”

- “I love this couple~~ Honggi is so freaking cute and hot and Hannah is so adorable! They are so natural O_O I’m in love in them!!!!!!!!!”

- “Oh please just admit you are dating already -.- it’s too obvious”

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

HEADLINE 12TH: 5 PIECES’ MARIA, CAROLINA & JULIA CHARMS WITH AN ACOUSTIC [TAKE THE KEY] VERSION

5 Pieces is showing off their growing talents within music with the comeback of their third album [Black & White]. With amazing live singing and dancing for their performances with choreography and sound to making big headlines with their interviews and last week Maria blew minds with her song cover of [The Power Of Love] on a talk show; 5 Pieces is taking over the K-Pop Wave in not just Korea but also in Taiwan, Philippines, Japan and countries in Europe.

Last week 5 Pieces celebrated their four year anniversary since debut in Korea, and in celebration of that the group had a special talk show where they had fun talking and playing games, but according to 5 Pieces, it wasn’t enough. Fans all around the world broke records on twitter, they did flash mobs in America, the viewing on 5 Pieces’ latest music video on YouTube increased to like skyrocket high and the whole week was filled with Puzzle somehow showing their love to 5 Pieces. Earlier today, a video was released on 5 Pieces’ blog, through their twitter accounts and to YouTube, and it has been taken personally by 5 Pieces’ Maria, Carolina and Julia.

The video is an acoustic version of 5 Pieces song [Take the Key] from their third album. The Korean lyrics was written by Carolina, but in 5 Pieces’ [Black & White] single also an English version of the song exists, produced and written by none other than Melissa Allen. The three ladies were sitting down on chairs next to each other with Carolina on the left sitting with a guitar.

They started off the video by saying it is a special ‘thank you’ gift for all fans, a late gift for 5 Pieces’ four year anniversary.

Carolina started off playing the guitar. The same R&B feel like the actual song but in a more ballad feeling but the song has a lot of adlibs and soft vocals that weren’t heard in the actual song. Please enjoy.

“Take The Key” – acoustic version by Maria, Carolina & Julia

[Maria] *You will never know how life will turn out

Did you stay in the same town or move out

Love is never how you saw in your favourite movie

[Carolina] Did you loose the love ([Maria] loose the love)

Or did it just ([Maria] or did it just) pass by ([Maria] pass by)*

[Julia] *Some things turn out differently than we planned

I guess I’m fine on the outside, but did you ever know?*

[Julia] *Every step I take ([Carolina] every step I take)

[Maria] brings me further away

I am so lost ([Julia] I am so lost);

[Carolina] I don’t know what to do*

[CHORUS, Maria] *TAKE THE KEY, BRING MY HEART TO PEACE

I am too lost; I am too weak to handle it on my own

[CHORUS, Carolina] TAKE THE KEY, BRING MY HEART TO PEACE

I am too lost; I am too weak to handle it on my own

TAKE THE KEY, TAKE THE KEY*

[Julia] *Don’t hide me, don’t be ashamed over me

I am feeling so small, so out of place

All the strength it took for me,

To confess my feelings*

[Maria] *Some things ([Carolina] some things!)

Turn out differently ([Carolina] differently, oh!) than we planned

I guess I am fine on the outside, but did you ever, ever*

[Carolina] *What happened, [+ Maria] what did I do wrong?

[Carolina] What happened, [+ Julia] where did I go wrong?*

[Carolina + Maria] *We say it, oh~ ([Julia] ah, ah)

We say it, oh~ ([Julia] ah, ah)

We say it, oh~*

[CHORUS, Julia] *TAKE THE KEY, BRING MY HEART TO PEACE ([Maria] TAKE THE KEY, BRING MY HEART TO PEACE)

I am too lost; I am too weak to handle it on my own ([Maria] don’t let me fall, no~)

TAKE THE KEY, TAKE THE KEY…*

[Carolina + Maria] *YOU SAW ME, I SAW YOU, DON’T TURN AWAY FROM ME

Don’t leave me behind, TAKE THE KEY, whoa*

[CHORUS, ALL] *TAKE THE KEY, BRING MY HEART TO PEACE

I am too lost; I am too weak to handle it on my own

TAKE THE KEY, TAKE THE KEY ([Maria] whoa, whoa~)

TAKE THE KEY, BRING MY HEART TO PEACE… mm… mm…*

The beautiful mix of the three voices that back in 2010 released a ballad single in the sub-unit M+ C+ J has surely been missed as fans keep commenting on that it was a long time ago just these three were heard singing as a unit and the acoustic version is showing off Carolina’s guitar skills and each one’s unique voices. So what do you think; did they do better than you thought was possible and can you really see the growth of the members as well as their love to their fans, or do you have another thought?

Check out some of the comments here below:

- “They definitely took the key to my heart… so damn beautiful. They are definitely the best group when it comes to live since DBSK was 5! I bow down to you 5 Pieces, really definitely the freaking best acoustic version I have ever heard.”

- “Carolina’s guitar skills, Maria’s English and Julia’s voice. I am in heaven. Thank you Pieces!”

- “I bet Maria has the most amazing voice in the world. There is not a single flaw in her when she sings like this; then we go watch her on Life of Pieces and she can’t seem to get a single tone right… Maria, are you an angel?”

- “One dislike on this video? Emelia, are you lurking around on YouTube again? ;)”

- “Julia is so underestimated! People say she can’t sing and that she only fills out as the fifth member because she isn’t y as Hannah, not as funny as Carolina, not a good rapper like Emelia and doesn’t have a voice like Maria – but here, Julia, you look so perfect and you sound perfect and you just stole the video! Please give her some more love guys…”

Answer on the one above: - “I agree on that she is underestimated, and not just in 5 Pieces. She really doesn’t have that outstanding voices and quality that the other members have, but she is my favourite just because of that. in this video she really is the sweetest voice and face, and just that she doesn’t stand out as everyone else makes her stand out to me ^-^ Let us hope more get to see her charms!”

- “VOTE FOR 5 PIECES ON MAMA! 5 Pieces must win everything this year! They have done everything and succeeded! Not Koreans? They have dedicated their lives to Korea and Koreans! VOTE NOW!”

- “Beautiful, ladies”

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

 

SPECIAL: 5 PIECES’ PHOTO BOOKS

2011.10.15 – The 1st Photo Book “Pieces Play ‘n Fun in Sweden”

2012.09.02 – The 2nd Photo Book “City Of Pieces”

2012.09.07 – The 1st Concert Photo Book “Moon Child”

.

SPECIAL: 5 PIECES’ DVD

# Pieces Play ‘n Fun in Sweden

Released: November 3, 2011

---Disc 1: Photo Book Making

# 1st Live Tour “Moon Child” DVD

Released: September 30, 2012

--- Disc 1: 5 Pieces 2012 Tour Concert Seoul Live Part 1 DVD

--- Disc 2: 5 Pieces 2012 Tour Concert Seoul Live Part 2 DVD

--- Disc 3: Making of “Moon Child” Concert

+ Photo Book

# 2nd Photo Book “City of Pieces” DVD

Released: October 26, 2012

--- Disc 1: Making of Photo Book

--- Disc 2: Interview Special (Carolina + Hannah)

--- Disc 3: Interview Special (Maria + Julia + Emelia)

# 1st Live Tour “Moon Child” Bonus DVD

Released: November 13, 2012

--- Disc 1: 5 Pieces 2012 Tour Concert Seoul Live Part 1 DVD

--- Disc 2: 5 Pieces 2012 Tour Concert Seoul Live Part 2 DVD

--- Disc 3: Making of “Moon Child” Concert

--- Disc 4: Members Birthday Special

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

SPECIAL: DRAMAS

2009 – “SECRETS” (Japanese Drama) --- …: Hannah, Cameo

2010 – “Fist of Victory” (Japanese Drama) --- …: Hannah, Lead Role

2012 – “Oh My God x2” (Korean Sit-Com) --- …: Maria, Cameo

2012 – “Midnight Dream” (Korean Drama) --- Ann Jung: Hannah, Lead Role

2012 – “To Be Number One” (Japanese Drama) --- …: Emelia, Supporting Role

2012 – “To Be Number One” (Japanese Drama) --- Childhood friend: Hannah, Cameo, Episode 3

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

SPECIAL: MV/PV

2008 – November 4 --- [Moon Child] debut

2009 – April 23 --- [Once Upon A Time]

2009 – June 12 --- [Cake]

2010 – January 13 --- [Passion] Trio Sub-Unit

2010 – February 7 --- [Victory] Japanese OST

2010 – March 4 --- [Strong] EM Solo Debut

2010 – June 5 --- [We’re Back] Comeback Intro

2010 – June 11 --- [Original]

2010 – September 30 --- [Burning] Hannah Solo Debut

2011 – July 13 --- [Wanna Be]

2011 – August 3 --- [I Love You]

2011 – August 15 --- [I Love You (Julia’s Version)]

2011 – August 18 --- [I Love You (Emelia’s Version)]

2011 – August 21 --- [I Love You (Hannah’s Version)]

2011 – August 22 --- [I Love You (Maria’s Version)]

2011 – August 23 --- [I Love You (Carolina’s Version)]

2011 – September 23 --- [Hey! Hey! Hey!]

2011 – October 26 --- [One and Only]

2011 – October 30 --- [One and Only] International Version

2011 – December 11 --- [I Love You] Japanese PV

2012 – January 11 --- [Switch]

2012 – February 2 --- [Switch (Dance Version)]

2012 – February 29 --- [Let Us Ride] (Live Concert)

2012 – March 10 --- [Intro] EM Japanese PV Debut

2012 – March 22 --- [This Is Me] EM PV

2012 – March 29 --- [I CRY] Hannah

2012 – April 14 --- [Me, Myself & I] Maria Solo Debut

2012 – April 17 --- [Just Feel Right] EM PV

2012 – June 2 --- [Butterfly] Hannah

2012 – June 12 --- [Butterfly (Dance Practice)] Hannah

2012 – July 17 --- [Panic] CF (Korean)

2012 – August 3 --- [Panic] CF (Japanese)

2012 – August 14 --- [Once Upon A Time] PV

2012 – August 17 --- [Panic] CF (English)

2012 – September 13 --- [Panic] CF (Chinese)

2012 – October 10 --- [-Erase You-]

2012 – October 18 --- [Black & White]

2012 – October 29 --- [-Erase You- (Dance Version)]

2012 – November 1 --- [Black & White] International Version

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Headline 12th: Best Book Of The Week ‘Joe – Under Seoul’s Streets’ For 15th Week

Headline 12th: Hannah & Honggi’s “Bed Scenes” From Drama ‘Midnight Dream’ Grabs Attention

Headline 12th: 5 Pieces’ Maria, Carolina & Julia Charms With An Acoustic [Take The Key] Version

Headline 12th: Four Members Of 5 Pieces Guest On Mnet Radio, Creates Chaos Talking About Favourite Songs

 

Headline 13th: 1st Live Tour “Moon Child” Bonus DVD Released With Backstage Footage And More

Headline 13th: Katy Perry Tweets Love About 5 Pieces’ [Black & White] And [I CRY]!

Headline 13th: Katy Perry Follows 5 Pieces Members On Twitter xD