Mr Kangaroo.

You Are Not My Boyfriend

 

-------------The next day------------

Som was outside Gi Kwang’s house. She happily rang the doorbell hoping that Gi Kwang would open it. Her wish was granted when Gi Kwang opened the door.

“Oh! Hey Som…”

“Hi oppa,” Som smiled widely.

Gi Kwang smiled in a confused manner, “So… what brings you to my humble home?”

“Humble? Your house is gigantic,” Som shook her head, “Which was not the point…”

Gi Kwang did his famous eye smile, “I would have never guessed.”

Som blushed as she laughed, “I was coming over here to… talk?”

“Talk?” Gi Kwang laughed, “About what? Anyways, why aren’t you at school?”

“Ah… I actually have the day off to organise the end of year talent quest but I’ve been told that I’ve made it a bit… too girly… I kind of need help.”

Gi Kwang nodded his head, “Ahh… I see. So you need a guy’s opinion… Oh!” Gi Kwang face palmed himself, “How rude of me. Come inside and I’ll get you a drink.”

Gi Kwang led Som inside the house and she sat down in the living room.

“I think we only have orange juice,” said Gi Kwang before walking off into the kitchen.

Som looked around the living and saw the dinosaur pyjamas. She squealed quietly as she covered with her hands.

Gi Kwang walked into the living room with a cute, sad face, “Sorry… I can only offer you water…I thought we had orange juice. Sorry.”

“Um… it’s okay.”

Gi Kwang sat down on the opposite sofa.

“You can always think of it as… orange juice without the orange.”

Som laughed before suddenly stopping and blushing.

“So umm… what’s up with the dinosaur pyjama?”

Gi Kwang let out a small laugh before picking it up, “Ah… this is… Mr Dino’s skin?” Gi Kwang laughed.

“What?”

“Well, when Jenny was small, she used to live with my family and when she was upset or scared; I would wear this and take on this Mr Dino persona. She would tell him anything and everything. He was her only friend until she went to middle school…”

Gi Kwang smiled as he reminisced about the old times. Som smiled along.

“Aww… that’s so cute!”

“Do you want me to wear it on for you to see?” Gi Kwang’s eyes glistened.

Som smiled but politely rejected the offer, “Nah… it’s Jenny’s own special friend… I shouldn’t.”

“Ahh… yes it is…” Gi Kwang’s eyes suddenly lightened up.

“What?...” Som looked at Gi Kwang.

Gi Kwang nodded his head before standing up and pulling Som’s glass of water away from her.

“Oh!” Som was shocked by Gi Kwang’s sudden actions.

Gi Kwang grabbed Som’s hand and smiled, “I think you should put your talent thing aside for a bit.”

Som’s eyes widened, “W-why?”

Gi Kwang smiled, “We’re going pyjama shopping.”

“What?”

“I think you should have a… Mr Bunny? Mr Kangaroo since you’re from Australia.”

Som smiled as she nodded her head, “I see…”

“Come on! Let’s go!”

Gi Kwang grabbed Som’s hand and pulled her out of the house.