You win Jenny.

You Are Not My Boyfriend

 

The boys were slowly moving away and you saw some come towards you so you quickly jumped back into the bush.

You finally got the call from Som and you quickly jumped out of the bush and fix up your uniform. You started walking to ice-cream shop when the ‘dancing’ guy from before turned the corner and started running after you.

“Jenny ah!”

The guys, who were walking away, turned around and saw you.

“I have to finish my dance!”

You turned around with a scared look on your face. You grabbed your bag straps and started running.

“Umma…” you let out a cry as you ran as fast as you could to the ice-cream store.

You stopped at the entrance of the ice-cream store and Junhyung, Landy and Som were looking at you as they questioned why didn’t just go into the store.

All the guys gathered in front of you and smiled at you, holding flowers, stereos, microphones and stuffed toys.

You nervously smiled at the guys and clasped your hands together awkwardly.

“Aigoo… she’s so cute when she does that…”

You cleared your throat, “I am sorry. But I can’t date any of you.”

“But exams are over…”

“It’ll be the summer holidays soon…”

“I have a boyfriend!” You said out quickly.

“Noona no!” you heard Ricky’s voice.

“My life is over...” Taemin reached his arm out to you.

“I was too late…” Yo Seob looked over at Taemin and Ricky, “We were too late…”

“Okay… I’m going to go now…” you quickly slipped through the door and let out a sigh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Som and Landy looked at you with a confused look as you sat down.

“Okay… why aren’t the boys following you inside?”

“If you rejected them all, I think you should have let them down a bit easier…” Som looked outside to the guys who were now walking away sadly.

You grinned, “I told them… I have a boyfriend.”

“Aw… congratulations,” Som hugged you but then quickly let go, “Wait what?”

“This is the first time I’ve heard of it, Jenny.” Landy looked at you with one eyebrow raised.

“I’m pretty sure there are only four guys that you hang out with, me, your brother, Doo Joon hyung and Dong Woon. Where did this fifth guy come from?” Junhyung eyed you suspiciously.

You smirked as you pointed to your head, “My imagination.”

“Wah, you cheeky person…” Landy punched your arm.

“Why did we not think of that earlier?” said Som as she face palmed herself.

You smiled proudly to yourself, “I think it’s time Junhyung to treat me to ice-cream.”

“Me too!” said Landy as she grabbed Junhyung’s hand and pulled him to the counter.

“Hey Junhyung,” you called out while smiling with evil eyes, “Get me everything on today’s special.”

Junhyung glared at you, “You are evil.”

You smiled innocently as you gestured Junhyung to go buy the ice-cream.

Junhyung and Landy soon came back with the ice-creams.

“Wah… my ice-cream!” you chuckled like a kid as you took the ice-cream from the tray.

“Aish… now I am officially 60 000 won poorer,” Junhyung complained.

“Stop complaining and eat your ice-cream,” Som shoved a spoonful of ice-cream into Junhyung’s mouth.

“Wait, so how is this going to work? They’re going to wonder why there aren’t any photos of you and him.”

You nodded your head, “Well… I can say that I’ll do it for privacy and we’re not the selca type.”

Landy, Som and Junhyung all scoffed.

“What?”

“You? Not the selca type?” Som said laughing.

“You take selcas like all the time. You have a selca album on your phone.”

Junhyung giggled as put his head on Landy’s shoulder, “Oh my gosh, she has so many selcas.”

You pouted as you continued to eat your ice-cream.

“I even took a selca just then…” you said in a knowing tone.

Everyone laughed.

Som put her arm around you, “Don’t worry, I have that habit as well.”

“That is why you two are selca buddies.”

“You know what? We need to get you a fake boyfriend.”

You still had a spoon in your mouth as you looked up at Junhyung, “Eh?”

Som nodded her head, “It’s true… we need like someone to send you flowers and chocolates and stuff!”

Your face cringed, “Is that really necessary?”

“Yes! If we want it to be believable, we have to do this.”

“How is that going to work?”

“Well, first of all, you’ve got to text with your boyfriend,” said Landy as she finished off her ice-cream.

“Text?”

“Yeah! Well get a prepaid sim and we’ll text you a few lovey dovey messages.”

You cringed, “Aigoo… I don’t want lovey dovey messages. Anyways what do I put as his name. My imaginary boyfriend is going to need a name.”

“Well, since he’s made up, you can just imagine a famous idol and use that name,” Landy suggested.

“Yeah, get three biases. You’ll use the surname of bias number 1, first name of bias number 2 and middle name of bias number 3.”

You nodded your head as you ate your ice-cream.

“Hmm… who are Jenny’s biases?”

“It does change all the time so it’s a bit hard.”

“Ah, I’ve got her bias list.”

Junhyung picked up his bag up from the ground and pulled out his book and flicked open to a page.

“Oh! He’s right. Jenny wrote her bias list in here.”

“Wait… why would Jenny write in Junhyung’s book?” Som asked suspiciously.

“We talk about stuff.” You said as you ate the last scoop of ice-cream.

“Okay… so Junhyung doesn’t mind you fangirling over your biases?”

“He’s only one who can so I talk to him when we’re bored in vocal classes. Wa-wait, why do I have to get texts from my imaginary boyfriend?”

“So that if Beyond 3 takes your phone to check, you have some kind of proof.”

“Ahh…” you nodded your head.

“Hm… now what do we have here?” Landy took the book away from Junhyung and showed it to Som as well.

“Oh… Number one, Nam Woohyun… Number two, Lee Sungyeol and Number three… Lee Jinki.”

You looked up, “Oh, so my boyfriend’s name is Nam Sung Jin?”

“The name sounds so ordinary…” said Som in a disappointed.

“I agree. It doesn’t sound like a name that fangirls would scream.”

You scoffed, “So what now then?”

You saw Junhyung smirk and you eyed him cautiously.

“Why don’t we just let them give each other pet names like jagiya and yeobo?” Junhyung laughed, causing Som and Landy to laugh along.

You raised one hand as if you were about to hit Junhyung but then you straightened it out.

“Excuse me! I would like a Mega Monday Meal please!” You said to the waitress.

“Neh, would that be take-away or eat in?”

“Take away please!”

“Yah Lee Jenny, are you crazy?” Junhyung asked you.

You nodded, “I might just be… but don’t worry, the ice-cream that you’re paying for will make it all better.”

Junhyung looked at you wide-eyed before letting out a sigh of relief, “Okay. You win Jenny. I surrender.”

~~~~~~~~~~~