Pet peeves

You Are Not My Boyfriend

To all the students doing School Cert. Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Thanks man, if you had not joined the group, I would have been hanging out with girls all the time.”

Hyunseung laughed, “Well it’s better than nothing, I didn’t hang out with people at my old school.”

Junhyung gave Hyunseung a sorry look.

“I was home schooled. It was either listen to music by myself or listen to my sister complain about the economic downturn… whatever that is…”

“Your noona seems-”

Hyunseung shook his head, “Nope, dongsaeng.”

“And she’s talking about the economic downturn?”

“Hey.”

“What?”

“What is up with the guys in the school?”

Junhyung chuckled, “The pirates talked to you didn’t they?”

“Yeah… two of the guys were short and the other was skinny and yet they try to threaten me.” Hyunseung scoffed, “I don’t get it. Why do people like her anyways? There ought to be other girls out there better than her.”

Junhyung nodded his head, “It’s just that she breaks the status quo within the school. She’s- well people think, she’s poor and yet she’s managed to top all classes without going unnoticed. She isn’t the ugly duckling and overall her personality is great.”

“I frankly find her annoying. She acts like she’s all that and she’s not very nice. She probably hypnotised the guys into like her.”

“If so, then she’s definitely trying to find a way to reverse that.”

“Who’s the guy with the brown-ish, reddish or orangey hair?”

“Oh, you mean L.Joe?”

“Yeah, if she doesn’t want all the guys to chase after her, why not date that guy?”

“What? So that you can’t blackmail her into being her boyfriend?” Junhyung laughed.

“I totally forgot about that…”

“Look, Jenny’s awesome when you get to know her.”

“Psh, how long does that take? A century?” Hyunseung asked sarcastically.

“Yah!” Junhyung whacked Hyunseung, “Are you saying that I’m old?”

Hyunseung laughed, “No, I’m just saying that she’ll never be nice to me and I will never be nice to her.”

“So what? Are you going back to that girl you’re meant to be dating?”

“Heck no! She’s crazy.”

Junhyung laughed, “Whoa, the thing you just did with your eyes is so creepy.”

“Yeah, so I’ve been told. Many times by Jenny, seriously, she nags so much.”

“Like…”

“Like she complains that since I complain about the house, that I should do it. That I shouldn’t leave my room in a mess and yadiya di ya.”

“So anyways, how long are planning on blackmailing my best friend?”

Hyunseung smirked, “Umm… until my parents allow me to do things my way.”

Hyunseung lets out a sigh, “You know what, she doesn’t even clean the house. There’s dust everywhere! I don’t know how a girl can live with that.”

~~~~~~~Meanwhile with you, Landy and Som~~~~~~~~

“Urgh! I am going to go die! I’ve only been living with the guy for four days and I feel like I’m going to die… just yesterday, he complained about the house being dirty. Everyone knows that my house cleaning day is Thursday. Anyways, how was I meant to clean the house when he blackmailed me on Thursday?”

 You combed your fingers through your hair and kicked your feet around, “Aish! I’m going to go crazy!”

Landy patted you on the back, “Maybe you should calm down… my mum’s going to think I’m hanging out with crazy people.”

“Why does this have to happen to me?” you punched the pillow.

Landy pulled the pillow away from you and frowned, “It’s my favourite pillow…”

You stood up and walked towards the wall, “I’m sorry Landy but I’m going to dirty your wall a little bit…”

You started banging your head against the wall as you whined. Som and Landy hurriedly ran towards you and pulled you away from the wall.

“We seriously need to get you to relax. You do realise that you’re going to have to live with him for quite some time right?”

“You also do realise that you can’t always have sleepovers at my house or Landy’s house right? As much as I like seeing your brother, I want him to come to my house for me, not to drag you back home.”

You put the pillow on your face and pushed it down on yourself.

Som pulled it away from you and furrowed her eyebrows, “You got lip gloss on my pillow.”

You pouted as you handed Som your pillow, “Sorry…”

Landy looked at you with a sorry look, “I seriously have no idea what you’re going through but… he’s good looking… I guess…”

Som joined in, “Yeah! If you… change his hair… like seriously, what is up with the wonky fringe?”

“I know right! That look is so bad on him.”

You scoffed, “And yet he risks going to school late to buy glasses with no lenses and puts on BB cream!”

“So anyways, does he have any like… strange habits?”

You rolled your eyes, “Where do I begin? He nags. He nags. He nags and he nags.”

You eyes widened, “Non-stop.”

“Like…”

“Like… he keeps complaining about the house. I mean, if he finds it dirty, why doesn’t he clean it then?”

“What else?”

You shrugged, “I don’t know. Oh! He also makes this strange face where he widens his eyes. It’s really creepy.”

“When does he do this face?”

“When he’s playing a prank on me, when he’s eating, when he’s excited and when he’s listening to music on his iPod.”

You shuddered, “The thought of it just creeps me out.”