First day at school

You Are Not My Boyfriend

 

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~First day of school~~~~~~~~~~~  (Note: 3 months has passed – Summer holidays)

“1…2…3… smile!”

Aigoo, every event in my life has and will be photographed… I guess that’s the thing with Asian parents, no matter what, you’ve always got to take pictures… of everyone and everything.

“Thank you,” I smiled as I took the camera from that poor random student who was stopped and forced to take the photo.

“No problems.”

I handed the camera back to appa because I knew that if I handed it to umma, she would demand to take it again as no photo is perfect unless she is actually taking it herself.

“Okay, I made you lunch so make sure you ate everything.”

I nodded my head, “Neh umma. I will eat it all.”

“I ironed your clothes last night so please don’t wrinkle them too much.”

“Yeah, he ironed it for an hour.”

“Well my only daughter must have the best.”

Appa and umma hugged me tightly.

“I-I... can’t breathe...” I patted their backs as I tried to gasp for air.

“We should move now and go to the office and get your timetable.”

I nodded my head as we made our way to the office, I swear, the school is huge! And a bit old looking...  I haven’t been in this part of the school when I auditioned so I’m just merely following the huge signs that they have at this school. Seriously, why don’t they use the money they used for the signs to fix up the scho- 

I walked into the office and it was so high-tech. People walking up and down the corridors with their iPads, listening to music with their Beats headphones the inside looked so nice, everything was decorated so nicely and-and new and amazingly, there was no cheesy old style paintings but just a long list of famous graduates... holy crap! I quickly did a double take of the outside and looked back inside.

“Come on Jenny, let’s go. You’ve got a whole three years to go sightseeing here. Right now, we need you to get your timetable.”

I nodded my head as I followed appa to the administration place and that’s when I saw Som. I haven’t talked to her since the audition, it seems like she saw me as well.

“Oh! Jenny!” Som ran towards me and bear hugged me.

Wow, already a warm welcome to school.

“We made it! I have a friend!”

I patted Som on the back, “Me too.”

“Oh my gosh, I was going to contact you but I like totally forgot to ask for your details or for me to give you my details. Aiyaa... I’m so forgetful...”

“We’ll you obviously remembered your song for the audition.”

“And thank god for that, I swear probably flooded the audition place because I was sweating so much.”

“We did audition in summer...”

Som chuckled as she hugged me again. I’m guessing this will be a usual thing now...

“I’m so glad I have a friend at the school!”

“Me too!”

“Jenny ah, here’s your timetable,” umma handed me my time table.

“Anneonghaseyo,” Som quickly let go and bowed like passed 90 degrees to umma and appa.

“Oh, is this your piano prodigy friend, Jenny?”

I nodded my head; I got a signal from appa who said that they were about to leave me.

“Okay, we should get going before your mother starts crying.”

“Okay,” I nodded my head before waving goodbye.

“Bye.”

I watched my parents as they walked outside, “You’re so lucky, you parents own a big company and yet they still have time to take you to school and stuff.”

Dang it, it gets awkward when I start telling this story as people’s first reaction is unnecessary sympathy.

I hesitated before saying, “Um… they’re not really my parents…”

“What?”

“Oh, well. They were originally my nanny and personal butler but they turned out to be mum and dad number two for me.”

“Ahh… I see… so are they married?”

“Yeah, they are and their son is brother.”

“Older or younger?”

“Older,” I looked over at Som and it was so obvious of her plans so I guess I might help, “So do you want to come to my house after school?”

“Really?” Som’s eyes widened.

I laughed as I naturally (amazingly) linked arms with Som and led her out of the office, “It is so not obvious that you want to have a look at my brother.”

“Well, it’s just that I’ve been in Korea for a few months and I have yet to see a decent good looking boy.”

“And so you assume he’s a good-looking guy?”

Gi Kwang oppa? A good looking guy? Ahahaha, so funny…

“Well, when I was in Australia, I pretty much assumed that every Korean guy was cute or handsome or cute clumsy or y.”

“Oh wow, you’re really assumed a lot,” I laughed in disbelief.

No offence but not all boys in Korea are good looki- I take that back.

We were in the playground and a group of really good looking guys walked passed us.

“Oh my god,” Som said in amazement.

I nodded in awe, “The guys here are no joke…”

Suddenly a group of girls, filling the stereotypical mean girl role, bumped shoulders with me.

Som narrowed her eyes at them as they walked away, “But those girls are a joke.”

Oh boy, or should I say, girl. I guess there’s definitely some kind of bullying going on at this school. Not surprised since this school is full of competition.

“Come on, we should go find our glasses. We wouldn’t want to break the first rule of going to a new school,” said Som as she grabbed my arm.

“Didn’t you go to the orientation day?”

“I couldn’t go, I had to go back to Australia to fill out all these applications and I had to wait for a whole month for my visa to be approved.”

“Well at least you have it now. Come on then, I want to show you around before you get lost.”

I gave Som a tour around the school like a pro. Well… like a person who has been here for a while.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~