Talent comp. Part 1

You Are Not My Boyfriend

 

“L.Joe, are you okay?”

L.Joe nodded his head, “Yeah, yeah. I’m fine. I’m just worried about you, you just learnt the lyrics yesterday, will you remember them?”

You nodded your head, “Yeah, don’t worry about me. Let’s just sit here and watch the show until it’s our turn.”

“I’m glad you turned to me to do this, my first ever collaboration and it’s with the almighty Jenny.”

You smiled as you nudged L.Joe.

“Anneonghaseyo students of Anyang High!”  Som said through the mic, causing the whole auditorium to be filled with noise.

“Well, we are very glad to hold the 25th end of year talent competition!” Landy enthusiastically shouted into the mic, this was once again followed by cheers.

“That’s right and today; we promise you performances that you are bound to remember.”

“Not only that, but there is a huge line up of NEW performers so please show them support when they’re on stage.”

“We’re not going to hold you up any further, the first performance we have is a male-female duet, please welcome the first years’ Nam Ji Hyo and Cha Woo Ji!”

The crowd clapped the hands as Som and Landy got off stage and started making their way through the crowd to get to you. They made sure that their mics were off before talking to you and L.Joe.

“Okay, so this is how it’s going to work, L.Joe is act number 7 so when act number 6 is on, we’ll get L.Joe to set up and put on his mic and we’ll take you sneak you backstage and we’ll wire you up and you’ll be all ready to go,” Som said with a serious face.

“Who’s act number 6?” L.Joe asked.

“Uhh…” Landy looked at her cue cards, “It’s, oh! Well would you have a look here; it’s Mi Yeon and her minions.”

You patted Som on the back, “Don’t worry about it, as long as I’m not seen, nothing can go wrong. So just relax.”

Landy then whacked Som on the shoulder, “Come on! We have to go back and introduce the next act.”

“Oh right! Okay,” Som quickly turned to you, “Fighting!”

You smiled and nodded your head, “Fighting!”

“Good luck Jenny!” Landy whispered before going off towards the stage.

~~~~~~~~A few acts later~~~~~~~

“Landy, don’t you feel like the competition so far has been amazing? It’s so great being in a school full of talented students!”

“Yeah, and speaking of…” Landy hesitated, “Talented… we have Beyond3 with their own song ‘Syndrome’.”

*Author’s note: Syndrome by Chocolat*

Som nodded her head, “So without further ado, here’s Beyond3 with their ‘Syndrome’!”

Landy and Som giggled as they walked the stage.

You looked over at L.Joe and gave him a I’m-ready look.

“Okay, let’s do this,” L.Joe smiled at you.

You jumped up from your sit, “I am so excited right now!”

~~~~~~~~~~~

“I take it back, I can’t do this…” you whined as Som was quickly connecting you to the equipment.

“Shh! Let me just put this on you… okay!” Som moved away from you, “Okay, I have to go back up to MC; I’ll see you on stage and you backstage.”

Som quickly off, leaving you in a state where you were close to hyperventilating.

L.Joe reached for your hand before moving it up to pat your shoulder, “It’s okay, you said it yourself, you’re excited to do it. So let’s get out there and do this! Well, I go out there and you stay here.”

You laughed, “Thanks L.Joe. I won’t let you down.”

You L.Joe frowned in a cute manner, “And you better not or else you’ll get it from me, Lee Jenny.”

You took in a deep breath and exhaled, “Okay, okay. I can do this. I can. It’ll just be like auditions again. Yeah.” You nodded your head really quickly.

“-a warm welcome for the debut of 2nd year male student… L.Joe!” Landy said on the stage.

You turned your head sharply towards the stage and gave L.Joe a worried look.

“It’s okay; now go before Mi Yeon sees you. I’ll be fine, you’ll be fine and that’s all that matters right now.”

You quickly ran off to stand behind the curtain. As soon as L.Joe stepped on stage, he was greeted by cheering and shouting; mainly from girls.

*Author’s note: L.Joe is performing Bad by Tablo ft. Jinshil*

“Cause a kind heard is useless,
It’s a flaw in this world,
so I guess I want to become worse and worse-”

It was always for you to sing, you were breathing heavily as you gripped the mic tightly.

“Like the saying, lovers resemble each other. I guess this is my way-”

You closed your eyes and place the mic in front of your mouth and got yourself into the feel of the song.

“Bad, love is so bad.
It became the reason to breathe but now you block my breath.
Love is so bad, bad, bad, bad, bad.”

Hyunseung was sitting in his seat when he stood up, immediately after hearing your voice. He got told off by the people behind him.

Junhyung smiled as he looked forward, “Yepp, that’s our Jenny’s voice.”

Junhyung crossed his arms, “I’m so proud of her, she’s finally getting out there and singing…”

“Yeah, she sounds great…”

“Great? She has one of the best vocals I’ve ever heard and I go to this school where singing isn’t just limited to the shower.”

Hyunseung smiled as he tried to look all over the stage for you. The disappointed look on his face as he couldn’t see you…