Why won't you let me rest in peace?!

You Are Not My Boyfriend

 

“I hope you two have fun!”

Hyunseung didn’t reply and walked towards the car.

“Hyunseung! Sit in the back with Hye Ryung.”

Hyunseung gritted his teeth as he angrily opened the back door and got in.

“Bye appa! Bye Mr Jang!”

Hye Ryung quickly ran towards the car and opened the door. She went and sat next to Hyunseung but was stopped by him.

“You will not be sitting in the middle seat,” Hyunseung used his index finger to push Hye Ryung’s forehead.

“Oppa! Why not? We’ll get to be closer.”

“That’s the point,” said Hyunseung as he placed his bag in the middle seat.

“Oppa! Isn’t this fun?” Hye Ryung jumped up and down in her seat.

Hyunseung gritted his teeth and let out a sigh, “For you it is.”

Hyunseung put on his seatbelt and grabbed his headphones out of his bag.

“How long exactly does it take to get there?” asked Hyunseung as he was going through his iPod.

“Um… it should be about a five hour drive.”

“Five hours?! How is that even possible? We live in Korea! It’s a very small country!”

Hye Ryung nodded her head happily, “I specifically asked for the driver to go the long way so we could talk longer.”

~~~~~Hyunseung’s POV~~~~~

“Go the long way?!” I shouted out, “You can’t go the long way! You have to go the short way!”

Five hours with this girl will be torture. It’s a waste of petrol. It’s killing the environment. What if I fall asleep? I’m bound to. What if… what if she… violates me? I will be completely exposed; I will have nothing to protect me when I’m asleep…

“Oppa, don’t raise your voice in the car.”

I quickly zipped up my jacket, all the way up and glared at Hye Ryung and guess what she does, she laughs.

“Oppa, you are so funny!” She pushed me lightly.

I’m already starting to feel violated… I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep the whole trip or get any rest… There’s no one to protect me, it’s not like the driver will be able to see anything, there’s that thingy that blocks him from us… dear god...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“IREOHKE NAN DDO! FICTION IN FICTION! ITJI MOTHAG! FICTION IN FICTION! Woo! NAW GASEUM SOK-E KKEUT ANHUEL IYAGIL SSEUGO ISSEO!”

This girl is so off pitch, I feel so sorry to the person is singing this line because she just degraded the entire value of the whole song. How could she do that to a song? It did nothing wrong…

“Oppa sing along!”

I pretended not to hear anything as I pointed at my headphones and gave her the do-not-disturb-me look.

“MA-MA-MA-MA- MADONNA-DONNA, MADONNA-DONNA-DONNA!”

Oh dear god, she’s dancing now… someone shoot me now before I have to jump out of this moving car…

“Wah! This is so fun!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Oppa, let’s play a game.”

I put my index figure in front of her face, “One condition, you be quiet for the remaining of the trip.”

Hye Ryung whined, “Oppa… but there’s 2 and a half hours left… what am I meant to do during that time?”

I let out a sigh, “Why don’t you watch a movie on your phone or something.”

“How can I? I didn’t download anything.”

I rubbed my temples, “I don’t know and I really, to be honest, don’t care. I just want some peace and quiet.”

I pulled out my phone to check for texts but all I got was a text from my dad.

To: Hyunseung
From: Apeoji

                Remember to behave boy because, I swear, you will not hear the end of it from me. Make sure to be in really public places so people can take pictures of you two. Treat Hye Ryung well. - Apeoji

 “Oppa! Who is it from?”

I glared at her as I pulled my phone away from her.

“Please keep your eyes to yourself.”

Hye Ryung pouted as she moved back to her seat. Hopefully now I can get some peace now.

~~~~~End of Hyunseung’s POV~~~~~