I have the right to know!

You Are Not My Boyfriend

 

-----------Present day----------

Gi Kwang was walking you home from school when he stopped you, “Okay, I’ve been really quiet about it but being the brother that I am; I can’t just walk around and not know who your boyfriend is.”

You chuckled, “Um… we’re currently in the testing phase where we see if we will make it official or not.”

“Yeah, but can’t I just know his name? How tall he is… What school he goes to? Where he lives? Where he works maybe… If he has any siblings, if so how many? Does he like sports? What his favourite food is.”

You laughed, “That’s being a stalker, not a productive, caring brother.”

“Aww c’mon. Why not?”

“I guess it’s kind of like…,” you tilted your head to the side, “the witness protection program.”

Gi Kwang pushed your forehead with his index finger, “Aish! You’re already protecting him already. Etteokhae?”

You frowned as you whacked Gi Kwang’s arm away.

“Oppa! Don’t hurt the wonderful, music prodigy mind that is Jenny.”

Gi Kwang laughed, “What the heck is that even mean?”

Gi Kwang immediately straightened face, “Yah, you’re purposely changing topics!”

“No I’m not.”

You phone made a tone and you took it out of your pocket.

“Oh!” you pretended to be really excited.

Gi Kwang furrowed his eyebrows as he tried to get a look at your phone.

“Oppa! Do you mind?” you tried to hide your phone.

“As your brother, I reserve the right to know.”

You thought to yourself before giving the phone to Gi Kwang.

To: Yeobo
From: Jagiya

Anneong~ ^^ Did you have a great day at school, today? ^-^* Saranghaeyo~  <3  ;)

Gi Kwang stared wide-eyed at your phone.

“Ja-ja-jagiya? Yeo-Yeobo?! Aigoo, aigoo,” Gi Kwang grabbed the back of his neck and scrunched he face up, “Sa-sa-sarang...saranghaeyo? Omo. Jenny ah, you have killed your brother...” Gi Kwang cried.

“Oppa, it’s okay. I won’t mind it if you and Som have pet names for each other and say stuff like this.”

Gi Kwang face went red.

You smiled as you linked arms with Gi Kwang, “Oppa, you should really just tell Som you like her so you two can become an official couple or be like Junhyung and Landy and have that kind of relationship where they’re not official but everyone knows it’s official.”

Gi Kwang raised an eyebrow, his ears glowing red. You laughed as you pushed up Gi Kwang’s glasses for him.

“Ah! Wait... you’re in college now... and Som’s in high school... etteokhae? My brother will be a e.”

“Yah,” Gi Kwang narrowed his eyes at you, “Why would you say such a thing? Anyways, it’s just a two year difference... I wouldn’t matter that much.”

“Yeah but imagine what people say if someone asks you about Som, you’ll be like ‘Oh, she’s in high school’ and everyone else would be like... urgh...” you said as you changed your face to show disgust.

“FYI, I would mention she’s in her last year of high school and two, there’s only technically a two year .”

You got another text message and this time it was from Landy.

To: Jenny
From : Landy

                Meet us at the ice-cream shop.

The ice-cream shop has now become a meeting place for your group.

“Oppa, I’m going to meet up with my friends.”

You were about to run off when Gi Kwang held onto your bag.

“Who are these friends?”

You laughed, “Som, Landy and Junhyung.”

“Not your boyfriend?”

You smiled, “I don’t know. Maybe my boyfriend.”

“Yah!”

You put one of your hands up as if you were to make a promise, “Don’t worry, he won’t be there.”

“I shall go now,” you smiled as you ran off.

“Yah! Where are you going?”

“I’m going to the ice-cream shop. Aish oppa! You never listen!” you said in a whining tone as you sprinted off.

Gi Kwang had a confused look on his face and let out a sigh, “Aigoo… my baby sister…”

~~~~~~~~~