milktea2502

You Are Not My Boyfriend

 

~~~~~L.Joe’s POV~~~~~

Urgh! How do I get this to work out? The lyrics and the track isn’t working

“And I tried to forget all the times we had~ Girl, I wish for you to come back to me, so bad.”

I stopped the recording and let out a sigh of frustration. How on earth did I full marks in the composition exam? Man, it’s so hot here...

I fanned myself with my shirt and decided to get a drink. I walked out of the room and walked towards the cafeteria and sat down by myself. This seriously , my friends aren’t here and what I thought was going to be a good song, turned out to be a huge flop. Far out, and the stupid hot weather is making things ten times worse... a million, gazillion things worse!

Seriously, it’s so frustrating, only being able to work through half a song. How am I able to audition for any company if I can’t even compose a song?

“Have you heard the song in recording room 2B?” I heard one of the girls say, who was sitting on the table in front of me.

“No, why? Is it good or bad?”

“Urgh... it’s good. The girl’s rapping is good. I haven’t heard it before so it’s probably a new girl or a nerd or something. She was in the recording room with Teacher Yang. So she’s obviously into hip hop.”

“How’d you hear her? Aren’t the rooms soundproof?”

“Oh, I accidentally went into the room and heard her. She didn’t even turn around to greet me. She must be a scholarship student, obviously she has no manners.”

Oh here we go again, with the insulting and the assumptions. Scholarship students aren’t rude; we’re usually the polite ones. We’re usually the sanest ones.

I found myself glaring at her and she looked back at me.

“Take a picture, it’ll last longer. Do you mind? We’re having a conversation here.”

I rolled my eyes and stood up. No point of me sitting here listening to those girls talk. I quickly finished up my drink and walked back to my recording room. The girl that they were talking about... maybe I can listen to her song just to get some inspiration and by that, I really do mean inspiration and not just plagiarism. I walked down the whole hallway and reached room 2B. I knocked but I didn’t get an answer. I decided to knock again and Teacher Yang opened the door.

“L.Joe... what do I owe the pleasure of meeting you here?”

Crap, I forgot that Mr Yang was there...

“I- um... heard that someone in room 2B was in the process of making a good song and I kind of need help with my song...”

“Ah... so you want to hear her rap?”

I slowly nodded my head and smiled nervously, “Um... yes sir... is it okay?”

Teacher Yang smiled, “Umm... sure. She’s recording right now but she’s really into the song so she won’t even know you’re here.”

“Um... wouldn’t she mind?”

Teacher Yang shook his head, “Nah, she’s okay with it. She’s been posting her songs on the school website for awhile now; I’m surprised you haven’t checked it out. However, she wants to remain anonymous, not really, she goes by a username but yeah, so I’ll just leave the door open and you can just sit outside and listen to her.”

“Um... okay...”

Mr Yang sounds so different, he sounds so much more... less formal.

“Sir... this is the first time that I’ve seen you speak not so formally.”

“Ahh... that’s because it’s the first time you’ve met me out of school hours.”

I laughed as I nodded my head, “That is true. It’s the first time that I’ve seen you outside of school hours.”

“Alrighty, just sit here as I leave the door open and just listen away my fellow musical plants.”

What the…

“Um… teacher Yang, you’re really different after school.”

“Incorrect, it’s because you’ve only seen me in vocal classes. I’m more hyper in classes.”

“Ahh… is that so?” I laughed lightly as I nodded my head. I sat down on the ground and looked up at Teacher Yang and smiled.

“Okay. I’ll leave the door open a little for you to listen.”

“Thank you.”

I rested my head against the wall and listened attentively.

“Although it sounds like the usual lyrics, this is drawn from my tears, a picture of our farewell.
Our road becomes broken, it merely becomes memories.
As I walk out of my mind into the moonlight road,
I call out your name and say how much love did we give each other.
Even when it’s beautiful as the stars of halo,
like a disappearing star, why isn’t it eternal?
(leave me here) If you are not happy here,
yeah, a path that you won’t revisit”

“Alrighty, we’ll end it here today,” I heard Teacher Yang say.

Aww… I was just getting into the song. It sounds good and she can sing and rap. Plus compose music. She’s like the full package! Any company would pick her up in a heartbeat… unlike me… I can’t even do that.

“I couldn’t let you listen to all of it now can I?” I looked up to see Mr Yang smiling at me.

“Aw…,” I pretended to pout, “I just wanted to listen to the whole song and steal it.” I said in a joking manner.

Mr Yang laughed, “Ahh… you’re making jokes. That is so different from your usual quiet self in class.”

I smiled mischievously, “That sir, is because it’s the first time you met me outside of vocal classes.”

“Touché, now go along before she sees you.”

I stood up and dusted off my pants, “Um... before I go, what’s her username? For the school website…”

Mr Yang laughed, “Okay, she finds it so embarrassing but her username is milktea2502.”

I laughed because the name did sound like a typical high school girl’s username. It’s so funny… oh my gosh… She must be a first year.

“Thank you sir.”

“Always happy to help.”

~~~~~End of L.Joe’s POV~~~~~