And so they meet.

You Are Not My Boyfriend

 

---------On the same day--------

~~~~~Hyunseung’s POV~~~~~

So beautiful my girl! Oh oh girl, oh oh girl shimjangi jinado. Nuguboda naega deo deo deo neoreul.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

Oh, who could that be? I’m not expecting anyone. I dawdled to the door and looked through the hole. Crap! How did my dad find me so quickly?

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

“Excuse me, we’re lost and we need help with directions. We’re-we’re from Daegu.” The guy tried to put on a fake accent.

The other whacked him, “Aish! You’re doing it all weird!”

I quickly ran to the remote and turned off the TV. Far out! How the heck do I get rid of these two? Just stay quiet… yeah. Just stay quiet… they’ll go away. I crawled to the door and slowly stood up. Please let them be gone… I peeped through the hole and they were still there.

“Maybe he’s not home?”

“We should just stay in the car and look out for him.”

Crap!

“Let’s get some lunch first.”

Yes, go get lunch. I shall try telepathically sending them messages. You are hungry… you want to eat… you will go far away to eat… hungry… you are very hungry… and thirsty… oh! And you need to go to the bathroom…

“We go for ten minutes, that’s it.”

As soon as I heard that, I stood, ran and slid towards my room. I quickly threw my things into my bag shoved all my belongings into the bag. After packing up, I was standing outside the apartment. I took out my phone and turned it on, ignoring the bazillion messages, I decided to text my dad.

To: Apeoji
From: Hyunseung

                Apeoji, I’m really sorry for letting you down… I mean, you tried to find me but failed… You’re one step too late. Tell Hye Ryung to be happy with some other rich guy.

I took out the sim in the phone and placed it on the ground. I walked out of the building and immediately turned left. I kept walking until I reached a bus stop. I bought a ticket to Anyang and sat down as I waited for the bus.

~~~~~~~~~

I reached Anyang and oh my gosh... why does my stuff feel so heavy? It was so hot but I managed to drag my bag into an ice-cream shop. Thank god for air conditioning...

“Excuse me! Can I please I have cookie and cream ice-cream please? Triple scoop.” I said as I sat down.

Oh my gosh, what do I do now? I need a place to stay... no, I need a place to live!

“Jenny!” a girl from the table next to me called out.

A foreigner... a female foreigner... probably came over here as a fangirl... aigoo... all of them wishing to date us Korean guys. Psh... they can’t put their fingers on me.

“Yah, my oppa is starting to question who my boyfriend is. Etteokhae?”

“Well... I’ve sent chocolate and flowers to your houses.”

“And I’ve sent text messages to you all the time. There’s no way your brother or anyone will know that your boyfriend doesn’t really exist.”

What the heck kind of story is this? Boyfriend isn’t real... friends send her gifts and texts her? Damn, she’s desperate... or lonely...

“Yeah, but they’re going to start asking questions, what am I going to do? If I don’t do anything then all the guys from school will start confessing again... urgh!”

“Here’s your ice-cream sir,” the waitress handed me my ice-cream.

“Thank you. How much is it?”

“5500 won.”

I handed the waitress the money and continued eavesdropping on their conversation as I ate my ice-cream.

“I don’t want people to know of my financial status, which would just raise the amount of confessions I get.”

 Eh? So this girl is rich? I can understand why she doesn’t want to date.

“Jenny ah, don’t worry. It’ll be fine. Just say that you...” I heard a guy’s voice.

“That your boyfriend is afraid of your fans and that he just wants to date secretly first. Just to test out the relationship before you guys go public.”

“Wait; say that you’re afraid your fans will hurt him. Say you want to test it out. Just so that you won’t sound so needy.”

What the heck? This is the strangest conversation that I’ve heard... and I’ve heard my sister’s conversation on the phone with her friends...

“When Gi Kwang oppa asks about him, just say ‘Oh! He was in my house just then but he went home.”

“That’s a bit hard when oppa’s room is closest to my house. My house is behind his house remember?”

“Yeah but your parents aren’t here to go against what you say.”

One of the girls let out a sigh, “Guys... I’m just going to go home and think about it.”

Okay... this is going to sound strange but I think I should go and blackmail her. It’s not like I’m asking for much... she’s rich. I’m only asking for a place to stay, sleep and eat.

“Don’t you want to stay and eat ice-cream?”

“Nah... I think this was a bad idea.”

The girl stood up and walked passed me. I tried to finish off my ice-cream but that meant I would lose her so I quickly stood up and went after her. I waited until we were in a less crowded area when I decided to approach her.

~~~~~End of Hyunseung’s POV~~~~~