That man.

You Are Not My Boyfriend

 

“Okay guys! Just because it’s a performing arts high school and it’s the end of the year, it does not mean that you can slack off during PE. Now go play volleyball properly!”

“Yes, teacher!” Everyone shouted out.

Som ran up to you, “Yah, what’s up with you and Hyunseung? Are you two avoiding each other after the school blog incident?”

You looked over at Hyunseung who was laughing with Junhyung; he glanced at you before turning his back at you.

You bit your bottom lip and shook your head, “I really don’t know…”

“You know, you shouldn’t worry about it that much, your anti-fans have increased but your fans have also increased in numbers. The issue isn’t even that bad; everyone knew that Beyond3 was behind it.”

You rubbed the back of your neck, “I know, what’s tripping me was that Hyunseung was perfectly fine, even after talking to Gi Kwang oppa but then just a few days ago, since he moved back to his house, he started avoiding me…”

Som let out a small sigh, “High school boys… you’ll never understand them…”

“Oh, so is that why you’re dating my brother who’s in college?”

Som laughed, “Maybe.”

You nodded your head sarcastically, “Ahh, because he was just in high school last year.”

“Well, a lot can change in a year.”

You looked over at Hyunseung before letting out a sigh, “A lot can change in a week…”

Som patted you on the back, “Don’t worry about it, just release all your curiosity, anger, sadness and whatever other negative emotions your feeling and aim the volleyball on Hyunseung. Okay?”

You smiled as you nodded your head. You raised your hand and shouted out, “Hey! Can I serve first?!”

~~~~~Hyunseung’s POV~~~~~

The past few days have been driving me crazy! I spent days and nights thinking of a way to approach it. I know that things might seem a bit happy with my dad but he has other motives and it’s not as lighted hearted as he makes it. He’s going to bring Jenny’s company down and I know it. No good is going to come out of this relationship…

~~~~~~~~~

“You must have really pissed Jenny off man,” Junhyung put his arm around my shoulder.

I nodded my head, “After I had to move out of Jenny’s house, things have been a bit… strange.”

“Really? But at school, nothing’s changed, no one cares.”

“It’s complicated, I really don’t know what to do, I’m going to have to go back to being home schooled after this year.”

“What?! Are you serious? That man… That’s such a rich people thing to do…”

I shrugged my shoulder, “I’m sorry man and we can still chat online.”

I walked out of the change rooms and I saw Jenny leaning against the wall waiting for me. Junhyung saw what was going on and walked off first. I tried to avoid Jenny but she grabbed me by the wrist.

“We have to talk,” Jenny’s voiced echoed through my head.

I turned around but I couldn’t find myself to look at her, “Yeah, we do.”

Jenny nodded her head, “Um... yeah. Meet me at the gates after school.”

“See you after school then.”

“Um, yeah. Right, um… I should go off to maths now.”

I nodded my head, gosh, it feels so awkward!

“I should be going to maths too then.”

“Bye.”

“See ya.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

After school, I stood outside of the school gates. I know that there is no way for this to end well… Breaking up like this is never going to end well.

“Hyunseung,” I heard Jenny’s voice.

I turned around and saw Jenny.

“Um… we should start walking,” I started walking.

Jenny grabbed my arm, “What’s wrong Hyunseung? I know something is up. You’ve been avoiding me for days.”

Urgh… I have to say it. I just have to get it done and over with.

“Let’s break up.”

“What?” Jenny looked at me with disbelief, “What do you mean by ‘let’s break up’? What on earth are you on about?”

“What do you mean? I’m just saying that we should break up. After what happened… you know, things have become weird…”

“Weird? Our whole relationship is weird…” Jenny moved her hand down to mine, “Seriously, why are you breaking up with me?”

“I’m leaving Anyang after this year and I’m going to be home schooled so there’s no point in us having a relationship. It’s not like we’re going to see each other.”

“But that’s what Skype and MSN are for. We can still meet up on weekends…”

I know that Jenny! But I can’t! We can’t…

“I’m sorry but I don’t believe that it would work.”

“Is that so?” Jenny looked at me.

“Yeah, we’re not going to work.”

My father is in the way…

“Fine then,” Jenny nodded her head, “I don’t think I can be in a relationship with someone so weak-minded.”

“What? I’ve been through a lot, I am not weak-minded,” I found myself defending for… myself?

Jenny scoffed, “Really? A rich spoiled boy like you? I don’t think so.”

“What do you mean you don’t think so?”

Why am I getting agitated so easily?

“Oh, I’m sorry, I mean, I don’t BELIEVE that you have had it tough. You have never had anything tough. Do you think that you’re not the only rich kid in the world that is being forced into a family business? Of course, I’m not talking about myself personally but I’m just saying that you’re not the only one, so don’t make it sounds as if you’ve been through HARD times.”

“Don’t say that to me!”

“Why?!”

“Be-because they sound like words from a drunken person!”

What the heck? It didn’t even… why did I just say that?

Jenny glared at me, “Yeah? Well sometimes drunken words are sober thoughts.”

She turned around and stormed off. My anger towards her slowly died away slowly as she was walking further away. Jenny ah, don’t go…

I picked up my phone and called my dad’s assistant.

-------------Phone call------------

Assistant Han: Yeobseyo?
Me: Assistant Han

*That man by Hyun Bin (Secret Garden OST)*

Me: Is that? A drama in the background?
Assistant Han: Neh… what is it sir?
Me: Tell appeoji that Jenny and I, are no longer dating.
Assistant Han: Neh, sir, what else do you want me to sa-
Me: Please go and watch your drama, I’ll be fine. Bye

----------End of phone call----------

Appeoji… I’d like to see how you get your hands on her money now.

~~~~~End of Hyunseung’s POV~~~~~