Phone Calls

You Are Not My Boyfriend

 

---------------A few days later----------------

You sat in bed, watching a drama until something crossed your mind and you immediately searched for your phone. You picked it up and saw the many messages from Som and Landy. You pressed 6 on your speed dial.

------------Phone call------------

Dongwoon: Yellow!
You: *sniff* Green!
Dongwoon: So what’s up?
You: I’m moving to New York…
Dongwoon: What?! No! You can’t do that! You left Anyang and when I’m just about to change scho-
You: Don’t worry *laughs* That’s why I wanted to call you. So I was thinking… being in New York by myself would be really lonely and no fun at all.
Dongwoon: You’re taking me with you?!
You: *laughs* No one reads my mind bet-
Dongwoon: Oh my gosh! We’re going to New Yok!
 You: New YORK
Dongwoon: Yeah, New Yok!
You: Kekeke We’re going to need you to work on your English…
Dongwoon: Don’t tease me…
You: *giggles* I’m sorry woonie~
Dongwoon: Argh! Your aegyo! It’s hard to… resist… argh!
You: So? How about it?
Dongwoon: Yeah… I guess so but I’m gonna have to talk to my parents about it.
You: Yeah, my parents said that they were going to talk to your parents about it.
Dongwoon: You serious?
You: Yeah! This is legit!
Dongwoon: Oh wow *pauses* Okay, fun time is over, tell me why you’re really calling me.
You: What? I’m calling you to ask you to join me in my New York quest.
Dongwoon: Lee Jenny…
You: Hyunseung and I broke up.
Dongwoon: Really? Aww… you need ice-cream? A chick flick?
You: Ha ha, very funny. I don’t need any of that because the break up was mutual. Anyways, I’m kind of excited for New York!
Dongwoon: Okay, if everything works out, then I’ll be super excited for it.
You: Alrighty then, I have to go and tell my parents and my other friends of this news.
Dongwoon: Okay then. Bye!
You: Bye!

-------------End of phone call--------------

You jumped off your bed and made the way to your door. You walked passed a polaroid of you and Hyunseung, you pulled it off and folded it and placed it back on the noticeboard so that only you were visible on the picture.

“Mum! Dad! I have something to ask!”

“Yeah, what is it sweety?”

“Um… so you know that New York offer you gave me?”

“Yes.”

“Well, I just asked Dongwoon if he wanted to join me and he said he would love to. So… I was thinking if you guys can make it happen.”

“Um… yeah, sweety. Of course we can.”

“Umm… for next year… as in, we’ll leave this year.”

“Oh! Wow sweety, that’s a big surprise. You really want to go?”

“Yeah, I might as well go high school there and Dongwoon can get used to it over there before stressful uni starts.”

Your parents were surprised, “Sure. We’ll see what we can do…”

You smiled and hugged them, “Thank you so much!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Congratulations on making it, we’re very glad to have you join us.”

Hyunseung smiled and bowed, “Neh, I am so excited to make it into your company. I’ll do my best to train.”

“Yes, so training for you starts on the 5th of January and you can move in the dorm before then if you want to, just to get to know the other trainees.”

“Neh, thank you so much for giving me this opportunity, I thought because of my age, I wouldn’t be able to make it.”

“Nah, we’re trying to bring back the debut age average to 20 years.”

Hyunseung smiled as he nodded his head, “Once again, thank you so much for this opportunity.”

“It’s our pleasure, just work hard and you’ll do fine.”

Hyunseung bowed and walked out the building. Hyunseung took out his phone and called assistant Han.

-----------Phone call------------

Assistant Han: Yeobseyo.
Hyunseung: Neh, assistant Han, I need you to pack all my clothes into a luggage and not tell my dad about it.
Assistant Han: What? But your father will be extremely upset with this, sir.
Hyunseung: Tell him not to worry; I’m becoming a trainee at a company but I will still work for his stupid company.
Assistant Han: *in a concerned tone* But sir, that means that your father will interfere with Jenny-sshi’s wealth.
Hyunseung: *hesitates* No… that’s not going to happen because we broke up and it was pretty nasty, doubt she’ll be agreeing anytime soon.
Assistant Han: What?! Urgh… I’m sorry sir! I mean… *explosion of emotions* you can’t sir! That’s going to upset the balance of the drama! You’re not going to be able to move on! This won’t do sir! You’re going to chase after her and tell her you love her sir! *pauses* I’m sorry sir…
Hyunseung: *laughs* You crack me up assistant Han… alrighty, just tell my father that.
Assistant Han: Yes sir.

----------End of phone call------------

Hyunseung let out a huge sigh as he looked around the street, “I started saying ‘alrighty’… like Jenny…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is going to end soon.... = ( and more bad news, I'm going overseas for a few days for Christmas so the fanfic will start sometime after Christmas, don't worry, I'll finish this story. =)  I'll add an update on this story when the sequel is up =)