NOOOO!!!!!

You Are Not My Boyfriend

 

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

As I walked down the hallway to get to the cafeteria, being the curious person I am, I was looking through the small windows in the doors when I saw Hyunseung and Hyuna. My feet moved me to the door and I looked through the window. Hyunseung and Hyuna were laughing and sitting awfully close together and laughing. This is when my jealously kicked in… I had an urge to barge through that door and say, ‘Yah! I like you! How dare you kiss that girl!’ Wait. Kiss? Kiss?! Hyunseung and Hyuna were leaning in close to one another, I saw Hyuna raise her hand and put it against Hyunseung’s face.

Oh! What do I do? Oh my gosh! I’m invading their privacy! Wait, but technically Hyunseung is cheating on me! Wait, but it shouldn’t matter because we’re not dating in real life! But I like him… Then why the heck was he being nice to me then? What was up with the truce?

 My heart took over and next thing I knew, I was inside the room and Hyunseung was looking at me, shocked and Hyuna avoided eye contact with me.

“Hey!” I smiled nervously.

Crap! What have I done? Okay, just pretend as if I saw nothing.

“Um… hey?” Hyunseung said in a confused tone.

“H-Hey Jenny-sshi,” Hyuna said nervously.

She thinks she’s going to ruin my fake relationship with him.

“So umm…” I felt my throat dry up, “I-I-I was just going to get some food and I thought, ‘Hey! It’d be selfish if I just got food for myself so then I thought, hey! Maybe the other students would like some food’... So yeah…” I smiled nervously.

Hyunseung stood up and straightened out his school shirt, “Um… I think we’re fine.”

“Oh,” I said in a slightly disappointed tone, “Are you sure? Maybe you should get some water. I mean, the weather is pretty hot and all. Dehydration-”

Oh my gosh… how am I still talking?

“- now we wouldn’t want happening do we?”

“Jenny. We’re fine.” Hyunseung looked at me.

“Okay,” I nodded my head, “Um… yeah. I’ll go and get food for myself then.” I smiled awkwardly.

“You do that then sweetie,” Hyunseung smiled at me.

I walked out of the classroom and I felt like crying. It was a similar feeling to when I heard that SHINee’s Jonghyun was dating… This time it felt so much worse because I at least had a chance with Hyunseung and he was my first crush in a long time and it seems like he’s not going to be mine anytime soon. I felt my eyes well up and I used my finger to wipe them away.

“Jenny-sshi!” I heard Hyuna’s voice.

I turned around and pretended to look confuse, “What want food now?” I let out a small laugh.

“No,” I could see guilt all over Hyuna’s face, “I just wanted to say that I am sorry and that what I did was horrible and I am regretting it so much.”

“What?”

Hyuna looked around and grabbed my hand, “Look Jenny, I know that you’re smart; street and book wise so there’s no way that you could have not seen what was going to happen.”

“Umm… Hyuna-sshi…”

“I didn’t mean to. I don’t want the person who wrecks your relationship. My feelings for Hyunseung are genuine but Hyunseung’s feelings for me might not be. They’re probably just spur of the moments things; don’t be upset with Hyunseung… I am so sorry, Jenny-sshi. Please forgive.”

I was so surprised by it that I wasn’t exactly sure what to say.

“Thank you Hyuna-sshi for the honesty but I think you can be okay because Hyunseung and I aren’t dating anymore,” I whispered to Hyuna.

“Really?!” Hyuna had a shocked look on her face, “B-but-”

I’m digging my own ‘love-life’ grave but…

“We stopped dating a few weeks after coming out public. It was… too much to handle on the relationship, with my fans and when he came to the school… it just felt like... too much.”

Hyuna looked at me with sad eyes; her eyes looked really freaky because she was wearing those coloured contacts… I keep getting distracted by them. If she was a close friend, I’d tell her that it doesn’t suit her but then again, that’s just my personal opinion. Obviously Hyunseung likes them…

“I am so sorry to hear that…”

“Nah, it’s okay. I’m totally fine with it. We’re just putting on an act so that my fans won’t confess to me. Since you and Hyunseung seem to be having a blooming relationship, I shouldn’t be the one that’s being in the way.”

I forced a smile, “Thank you for being honest with me. I really appreciate it and don’t worry, no harsh feelings. I’m really sorry but I have to go and buy food for a friend.”

Hyuna nodded her head and hugged me, “Thank you so much for being understanding! Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone that you two have ‘broken up’,” she whispered.

“Thanks…”

Thank god it was free period because right now, I’m crying slightly while walking down the hallway at school, during school hours. Aish… I can’t show people that I’m crying because people would start saying things. I silently wept until I was in the same building as the cafeteria. I wiped my tears and walked into the cafeteria.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I composed myself and decided to forget it because there was no chance anyways. I might as well move on while I’m ahead.

“Here’s your food Mr I-Have-Rumbly-Tummy,” I smiled as I handed the food to L.Joe and sat down beside him.

“You took your time,” L.Joe laughed, “I thought I was going to pass out.”

“I’m sorry,” I pouted, “Anyways, have you worked on the song further?”

“I kind of did,” L.Joe smiled, “Okay, so this is what I’ve got.”

L.Joe handed me the music sheet. I picked up the music sheet and looked at L.Joe with a confused look.

L.Joe smiled, “You sing it. I’m more of rapper…”

I read over the skimmed through the lyrics.

“Urgh… it’s a bit different to the other lines.”

“Ahh…” I nodded my head as I tried to get the feel of the song, “Oh why, why did love start again? Why am I always being dragged around like this? It’s obvious you’ll call me a just a girl you know but I don’t wanna be just a girl you know anymore.”

I looked up and smiled and saw L.Joe smiling back.

“You totally get me!” we both said at the same time. I laughed, “Wow, it sounds great.”

“You know, I’ve been having major problems with my song but when I’m working with you, everything seems to work out,” L.Joe smiled at me.

Ha, the first heartfelt smile I saw today.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~