What on earth is going on?!

You Are Not My Boyfriend

 

You were in class when you saw Hyunseung walk into class smiling as he was waving to Hyuna.

“Aish, can he make it any more obvious?”

You gave him a bitter look as you let out a sigh and put your head down on the table. Not seeing Hyunseung walking into the classroom, L.Joe looked at you with a concerned look.

“Jenny,” L.Joe put his hand on your shoulder, “Are you okay?”

You turned your head and looked up at L.Joe, “Yeah, just a bit tired from finishing the song yesterday.” You smiled softly at L.Joe.

“You should just relax a bit, there’s nothing due,” said Som as she watched on with a concerned look.

“Yeah, Teacher Yang always said that composing music should never have a time limit. Jenny, just chill on the song.”

You saw Hyunseung heading towards the group and you put your head back down.

Hyunseung sat down next to you and smiled, “Hey, what’s up with her?” he pointed at you.

Junhyung shrugged, “She stayed up all night working on a song.”

“There’s nothing wrong with that… I’ll be fine before fourth period,” you said in a tired tone.

“Well, well, well, look what we have here,” Beyond3 walked towards your group.

“If isn’t the herd of scholarship students.”

You raised your head and looked at Mi Yeon, “Really? You can’t give it a break?”

So Yeon rolled her eyes, “We just wanted to know if you’re going to pass on the talent quest this year.”

“Why?” you looked at them with confusion.

“We just wanted to know if we had to improve our performance if you decide to enter. I mean, your performance will be so bad that we, on behalf of the performers would have to put it open themselves to improve the show.”

“You never even perform at the talent quest, how are we even sure you have talent?”

You glared at So Yeon, “Are you stupid? Based on my ranking at the school, it’s obvious I have talent.”

You then turned to Mi Yeon, “If I made it here, I obviously have talent so why, WHY on earth would I go on a quest to find something I have?”

L.Joe laughed quietly.

“Wait…” Ji Yeon looked lost, “Does that mean she’s not competing?”

Hyunseung rolled his eyes, “Seriously, can’t you all just go away? We have a life to attend and you’re kind of stopping us.”

Mi Yeon and her minions walked away.

Hyunseung turned to you, “Hey, so Hyuna and I have been working on her song and I’m just wondering if you wanted to hear it.”

“Um… sure,” you nodded your head before looking at L.Joe, “can L.Joe come as well?”

“Yeah sure! The more the merrier,” Hyunseung smiled.

No one noticed you looking at Hyunseung in a longing manner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

L.Joe walked into the recording studio, “Hey guys.”

“Oh! Where’s Jenny?” Hyuna asked.

“Oh, she went to get her things so she can just go straight home after this.”

“Oh, so do you want a sneak peak of a song?” Hyunseung asked in a proud tone.

L.Joe smiled and nodded his head, “Um… sure.”

“Okay!” Hyuna and Hyunseung pressed the play button.

As soon as L.Joe heard the song, his eyes widened.

With a new diary, I open my favourite pen
I write down my frivolous thoughts
February 4, 2009
On a pretty night when the moonlight glows
As usual his voice was gentle and smooth
While I miss it and ponder, the day passes me by
Although it sounds like the usual lyrics
This is drawn from my tears, a picture of our farewell
Our road becomes broken, it merely becomes memories
As I walk out of my mind into the moonlight road

“It’s good isn’t it?” Hyunseung smiled proudly.

L.Joe was speechless, his mouth moved but nothing was coming out.

“Oppa… let him listen to it more,” Hyuna smiled.

“Wh-who,” L.Joe pointed to the speakers, “came up with the instrumental? The-the lyrics…”

“I did! Isn’t it great? I’m so glad that I-”

“No,” L.Joe cut Hyuna off, “That’s not your song. You didn’t work on this.”

L.Joe looked over at Hyunseung.

“What are you on about? I worked with her all this time. How on earth did she not work on it?” Hyunseung said in a highly defensive tone.

L.Joe walked over to Hyuna and grabbed her upper arms, “You didn’t work on this did you?!” He glared at Hyuna.

“Yah! What are you doing?!” Hyunseung pulled L.Joe away.

“Hyuna-sshi is lying to you. That song is not hers. That song belongs to Jenny! The instrumentals… the lyrics… it’s all hers!”

“L.Joe-sshi, I don’t understand what you’re-”

“The only thing that belongs to Hyuna is the vocals…” L.Joe stared at Hyuna.

Hyuna appeared to be upset, tears rolling down her face. Hyunseung walked up to L.Joe and grabbed him by the collar.

“Can’t you see that you’re making Hyuna upset with your lies?”

“I’m not lying…” L.Joe said calmly.

Hyunseung looked at L.Joe with wide eyes, “I’m warning you… stop it…”

“This song belongs to Jenny.”

“Stop it… we worked on this together!” Hyunseung raised his fist.

“She stole that-”

Hyunseung moved his fist towards L.Joe when, “WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON?!”

You walked towards the two teenage boys and yanked Hyunseung’s other hand off L.Joe. You looked into Hyunseung’s eyes, “I don’t know what happened and who is wrong here but VIOLENCE IS NOT THE ANSWER!” you shouted in his face.

You moved your fringe behind your ears as you fixed L.Joe’s shirt, “L.Joe... I apologise for my…” you looked over at Hyunseung, “my boyfriend’s behaviour.”

L.Joe glared at Hyuna before grabbing his bag and storming off. You looked at Hyunseung in disappointment, “Defence, not offence.”

You gritted your teeth before walking out.