Collaboration?

You Are Not My Boyfriend

 

You and L.Joe were sitting in the cafeteria when Beyond3 approached your table.

“Well, I hear that you did a below average talent competition.”

“Yeah! And I hear that the organisation for the talent quest was bad,” Ji Yeon joined in.

You looked at Ji Yeon with a confused look.

“That’s the same thing.”

“I don’t understand why, I, the president of the student council, had to give it up for you dorks.”

“For your information, us dorks have more brains and organisation skills that Beyond3 times 3.”

“We don’t have nine people in the group!” said Ji Yeon.

You rolled your eyes, “Why-why do I even bother with you Ji Yeon?”

Mi Yeon let out a sigh and crossed her arms, “Whatever, I’m just here to warn you that the consequences of throwing a bad talent quest will affect your social life.”

“Mi Yeon, stop. We don’t have the time to listen to you. Plus, if you haven’t noticed, I’m not part of the talent quest crew. So what you just said was pretty pointless.”

“One day Jenny, I’m going to bring you down and when I do, you’ll be begging for my forgiveness.”

You scoffed, “Right… maybe in a past life time.”

So Yeon shuddered, “Urgh… we should get going before people start associating us with the scholarship students?”

You shook her head in disbelief as they walked away.

L.Joe looked at you, “How long has this been going on?”

“Since the first day of high school, you’d think she’d be over it by now.”

“Why are they that? What’d you do?”

“I’m surprised you haven’t heard it,” you laughed, “Didn’t my ‘fans’ tell you?”

L.Joe laughed as he shook his head slowly, “Well… they told me that you stood up for Landy and that Mi Yeon and her minions started picking on you ever since.”

“Kind of true but basically we just ‘sat’,” you made quotation marks with your fingers, “in their seats.”

You scoffed, “It was like the start of the year. Seats weren’t even probably assigned then and it was JUST homeroom but she just made such a big deal about it.”

L.Joe let out a small laugh of disbelief, “That’s kind of... low.”

You nodded your head, “Petty I know,” you shrugged, “but what are we going to do?”

“I’m surprised that I’m the first person outside your circle of friends know that you’re milktea2502.”

You laughed, “Yeah, I’m surprised I so openly told you. You are also the first person in the school, outside of my circle of friends and teachers who have heard me do what I do.”

L.Joe smiled, “Well then, I feel extra important now.”

“Want to feel more important?” you asked L.Joe, you did your eye smile.

“Um… Jenny…”

Your eyes widened, “No! No… I don’t mean- No… I would be cheating on my boyfriend.”

You smiled, “What I meant was… do you want to hear the latest song I’ve been working on?”

L.Joe looked at you, “Are-are you sure?”

You nodded your head, “Of course! Once you’ve entered my world, you might as well get a tour.”

“Then…” L.Joe smiled at you, “I’d love to.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Okay, so this is what I’ve got so far.”

You played the instrumental and started singing.

“I don't know~
Have you ever had trouble sleeping cause you were in love?
Has your heart pounded very loudly?
Love love love love love oh~”

L.Joe gazed at you as you sang.

“Have you ever cried because you were hurt by love?
The feeling of needles piercing your heart
ahya, ahya, ahya, ahya by love”

You then stopped, “That’s all I got…”

You pouted as you fidgeted around with the buttons.

“Then I’ll help,” L.Joe smiled as he moved his wheely chair closer to yours, “So let’s see what we can do…”

L.Joe smiled to himself as he played back the song, “So how does it go again?”

“Um…” you waited for the next line, “Have you ever cried because you were hurt by love? The feeling of needles piercing your heart. Ahya, ahya, ahya, ahya by love.”

“Hm… how about…,” L.Joe then paused and looked at you, “Don’t laugh at me, I can’t sing properly.”

You smiled and nodded your head, “I promise.”

“Okay, how about… Even when I eat, I think of you~ my heart feels like it’s been electrified…

“Why that line?”

“Why not that line? Isn’t that true? When you’re in love,” L.Joe looked at you, “You just think about them all the time, unfortunately, that could mean when you’re eating, when you’re watching a movie where you think, ‘Hey! They’re like me!’, it comes especially when you’re by yourself, it’s the saddest of all is when it’s only one sided.”

“Oh! That’s exactly what’s my song is about!” you lightly pushed L.Joe, “Whoa, you know me so well! Why didn’t you talk to me when you first arrived at the school?”

L.Joe laughed, “How could I? Your fanbase was already properly established and any guy in a one metre radius of you would feel the wrath that is of the… pirates?”

You rolled your eyes, “I still don’t get why they call themselves that… I heard you got a lecture from them when they found out we were in the same vocal classes.”

L.Joe nodded his head, “Your fans are scary.”

“I know but they can be cute sometimes. I mean, no one can beat the aegyo that Yoseob sunbae has, Ricky is just so cute when he sings and Taemin-sshi is one of the best dancers you’ll meet at this school.”

You suddenly heard L.Joe’s tummy rumble. His blushed as he put his hands on his tummy.

You laughed, “L.Joe, we were just in the cafeteria…”

L.Joe smiled shyly, “Well… I didn’t get to eat because it’s awkward to buy food during a free period.”

“Oh! I totally forgot! My bad…” you had a sad look on your face.

“It’s okay, really.”

You stood up, “Nah, I’ll go and buy you lunch.”

“No, you don’t have to. It’s not your fault I didn’t eat lunch.

“Well then, just take it as a sign of thanks for helping me with my song.”

You walked out of the room before L.Joe could say anything.