Parent intervention

You Are Not My Boyfriend

 

Hyunseung was walking home by himself when he was cornered by his dad’s workers.

“Aish! What do you want from me?!”

“Sir, please get into the car without any resistance. We don’t want to cause problems in public.”

“Why?! I want to make a fuss! I’m not going back home!”

“Sir, your father just wants to talk to you.”

“Why? I’m not going back unless he stops with the stupid dating arrangements.”

“Yah, Jang Hyunseung!”

Hyunseung turned and bent his knees to look into the car, “Ap- appeoji? You’re outside the office?”

“Yes sir, he actually suggested it himself. It’s like Kim Joo Won going on the elevator sir,” answered the assistant who was sitting next to Hyunseung’s dad in car.

“Aish!” Hyunseung’s dad whacked the assistant on the back of the head, “Assistant Han, do I not give you enough work? Do I not?”

“I’m-I’m sorry sir.”

Hyunseung rolled his eyes, “I am sorry but I’m not here to be in a sitcom… what do you want from me?”

His dad moved closer to the window, “Look, I found out that you were dating this girl and I hear that she’s from quite a wealthy family.

“Umm… why?”

“Keep dating her.”

“Eh?”

“Look, if you date her, eventually you’ll probably get married and we’ll have access to her wealthy empi-”

Hyunseung rolled his eyes, “No dad. We are not going to have access to anything.”

“Yes-yes, it’s just you. I got it.”

“No, I am not dating Jenny for her money,” Hyunseung stared at his father.

“What do you mean?! Her family is more successful than Hye Ryung, we’ll – you’ll be richer!”

“No! I will not date her for her money, I actually do love her.”

“Ahahaha! Please don’t joke around with me. You ran away from home, the only reason why you’re not being disowned is because you’re dating her. Anyways, if you don’t want her for the money, I do so I’ll just make it a win-win situation by getting an arranged relationship.”

“What?”

“You heard me. I’ll just swap Hye Ryung for that girl. You’ll get married to her and I’ll be financially benefited.”

Hyunseung had a disappointed look on his face, “Are you seriously going to do that?”

“Yes! If my wealth and car empire can expand, heck yes I am going to do this. And let me tell you something boy, you can’t run away from this now.”

Hyunseung glared at his father, his eyes were red and slightly teary, “We’ll see about that.”

“Yeah yeah, now get in the car, you’re going home.”

“What?!”

“The girl’s parents and I had a talk; they’ve already moved all your stuff home.”

“Eh?!”

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

I walked into the house to see my parents sitting on the couch. Usually, I would run up to them and hug them because it has been the first time I’ve seen them in two months but today… today just felt horrible. The look in their eyes… I couldn’t even bring myself to look directly at them.

“Mum… dad… your home…”

“Well why wouldn’t we be? We just found out that our daughter has been living with a boy for several months.”

“Mum, dad… I am so sorry. We didn’t share the same bed or anything. It was like he rented a room in the house.”

“We are so disappointed,” I looked at my dad, “In you and ourselves. We thought we could trust you but that turned out to be an issue.”

“Dad…”

“Sweety, we realised that it’s not your fault, as your parents, this past year, we’ve been a bit busy with all the dramas and you were probably looking for some company.”

What? Why are they like this?

“Eh?”

“Look, we’ll just live here until you finish high school and then we’ll take you to the music academy in New York.”

“Wh-what?”

“Sweety, because of the Hallyu wave, we can’t stay in Korea permanently so we’re going to try our best until you finish high school and then we’ll move you over there. Jenny ah, you can take your friends if you want to. I’m sure the academy in New York would definitely want them.”

“B-but, what about Hyunseung?”

“Your boyfriend will not be going. You don’t need more bad things on your name. Sweety, this is only for you. Just… go on a break for a while.”

“Go-go on a break?”

But Hyunseung and I have only been together for two months! We haven’t even gone through that many milestones in our relationships…

“But, can I at least chat to him online?”

“Yes you can but keep meeting up with each to a minimal. We talked to his father and he seems fine with the arrangements.”

“His dad? You talked to dad?”

“Yes sweety, your relationship with his son concerns us as much as it does him.”

“So what happens now?”

“You just resume your normal life, minus a bit of your relationship with Hyunseung.”

Minus Hyunseung? I-I can’t just minus Hyunseung? He’s my first ‘young love’, we can’t just end like this… I’d rather we have a big argument or something rather than this…

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~