We all knew it!

You Are Not My Boyfriend

 

“Jenny ah, how was your audition?”

“Mum and dad, you might already know it but it went great!” you said to the computer screen.

“We’re so sorry that we missed your audition-”

“You don’t have to worry; I could feel the support all the way from Australia. Oh! Dad, the exercises you gave me totally worked!”

“I know! I didn’t you that for nothing. I heard from Mr Lee that you were extremely worried this morning,” your dad gave you a suspicious look.

“I also heard from Gi Kwang that you were very close to not audition...” your mum followed your dad.

You pouted and puffed up your cheeks, “But...” you avoided looking at the computer, “I did end up doing it which is the most important part.”

Your parents narrowed their eyes at you,“There’s not much we can do now. You’ve auditioned... oh! Did you meet any new friends today?”

You nodded your head, “I made one friend and she’s from Australia as well so I guess life at the prestigious high school won’t be that bad.”

“Sweety, we are so proud of you,” your mum said as she smiled with pride.

“I’m expecting a webcam chat next week; where you’ll be holding that letter.”

You laughed, “You don’t have to worry. I know I aced it.”

“Aish, our daughter and her random bursts of confidence.”

You smiled cheekily, “I only got it from you two.”

“Yeah yeah. That’s all lies.”

You gave your parents an eye smile while biting your bottom lip as you scratched your head with your index finger.

“So honey, we have to go. Business calls.”

You nodded your head and smiled, “Okie dokie, I shall speak to you two tomorrow night then.”

“Bye sweety. Bye Jenny ah.”

“Bye!” you waved goodbye before disconnecting.

You smiled as you feel backwards on your bed, “I am totally going to make it.”

~~~~~~~One week later~~~~~~~~

“AHHHH!” you shouted out as you saw the letter from Anyang high school.

“IT CAME?!” Gi Kwang shouted out from his room before running out to the living room.

“OMO! Jagiya! Jenny’s letter came!” Gi Kwang’s mum shouted out in excitement.

Everyone gathered around you as you stared at the letter in your hand.

“Okay, do the lucky letter ritual,” said Gi Kwang’s dad.

“Wait! We’ve got to video phone your parents.”

“Oh my gosh…” you breathed heavily as you stared at the letter.

“Alright! We’ve got your parents on the phone!”

“Omo! Jenny ah. Before you open it, remember to do the lucky letter ritual.”

You took in a deep breath and rubbed the letter.

“Okay, now three blows to blow away the bad luck.”

You blew on the envelope stopped rubbing on the envelope.

“Alright, let’s open it,” you said as you nodded your head.

“I’m so nervous right now!”

You slowly opened the envelope but then ended up ripping the envelope.

“What does it say?” Gi Kwang’s voice shook slightly as he put his head over your shoulder.

“AHHH!” you began to jump up and down excitedly.

“SHE MADE IT!”

Gi Kwang and his parents hugged you tightly, “We are so proud of you!”

“Sweety, we are truly so proud of you. We love you so much.”

“Whoa! I made it!” you shouted out with joy.

“Sorry sweety but you kind of… um… interrupted us halfway through a meeting.” Your parents zoomed out there were people behind them.

You covered your mouth as you chuckled, “Oh, sorry…”

“Bye.”

“Bye!”

You turned around and hugged Gi Kwang’s mum, “Umma! I am so happy right now!”

“Jenny ah, we need to throw you a party!”

You bit your bottom lip as you smiled.

Gi Kwang grabbed you by the shoulders, “I am sorry but I have to go and take Jenny out for the thing that I promised her.”

“Ahh… so glad that you remembered oppa.”

Gi Kwang messed up your hair, “Of course! Anything for this dongsaeng.”

“Aish!” you pointed at Gi Kwang, “You are lucky it’s a Saturday and my hair isn’t pretty on Saturdays.”

Gi Kwang scoffed, “Then hurry up and fix up your hair. We have to get going.”

“Alright, you two get going then but make sure when you come back to buy some meat because we’ll be having a BBQ.”

“Wah! I think the only reason I’m happy right now is that I’ll get to eat delicious food!”

“If you don’t hurry up and fix up your hair, I will seriously take you out of the house looking like you do now.”

You gasped and you pretended to be shock, “I am so shocked right now.”

“Yeah... I totally couldn’t tell,” Gi Kwang said with sarcasm.

You scrunched up your face and walked towards your room.