8. A rare chance

Eunsun: A star for the king

“So you said no?” HoDong asked Eunsun as they walked around the edge of one of the gardens. Eunsun nodded.

“That’s my girl,” HoDong pinched her cheek, “you know what’s important in life. I’ve raised you well.”

“I know…” This made her think, “Uncle… What happened to my parents?”

“Why are you asking me this now?” HoDong queried his face saddened by her question, “do you miss them?”

“Well… I guess I just didn’t know what happened and now…” HoDong nodded.

“I think I understand Eunsun-ah,” he put an arm around his niece, “it must be hard not having your mum or papa around. They would be so proud if they saw you now. Have you said anything about your…?” Eunsun shook my head.

“No uncle, I haven’t told anyone anything.”

“My are we enjoying our walk?” The two stopped in their tracks. They spun around to see a man standing behind them watching. He had a gentle smile on his face. HoDong and Eunsun’s faces changed and they bowed.

“Y-your highness,” HoDong stammered, “f-forgive me. I-I was just dropping by and.—“

“Relax,” the king smiled, “I do not have any problem with you being here.” His gaze drifted to Eunsun who had hung her head down.

“You look familiar,” he said to HoDong patting him on the shoulder, “have we ever met?”

“I-It was my catering company who did the food for your third anniversary meal,” HoDong gushed, “Kang’s catering?”

“Oh yes I recall now. You did the most delectable kimchi I’d ever tasted in my life.”

“T-thank you so much your majesty,” HoDong bowed again.

“So tell me what brings you here Mr. Kang?”

“Actually I’m here to see my niece, Eunsun.” He patted Eunsun on the arm to get her to look up at the king. The moment their eyes met Eunsun could feel the temperature of her blood increase and her heart skip a beat. His smile, it wasn’t like those cocky up-themselves men who knew they were good looking. It was that of humility, a gentleness that very few handsome men rarely had.

“Eunsun,” the king said the name with a smile, “I think I’ve heard of you. Soo-yoon tells me stories about how you play with her when you two cross paths.” Eunsun’s lips formed a grin.

“l guess she can talk after all your highness,” she joked and the king chuckled.

“You can call me Youngmin-sshi if you want.” HoDong made a ‘whoa’ noise.

“Y-your highness…”

“I insist,” He said smiling, “only staff is obliged to call me their majesty or highness. Well Eric manages to wiggle his way into calling me Youngmin-ee.” They laughed at this.

“Well it’s late, I have to talk to some chancellors and I’m sure you have things to do.” The two Kang’s bowed to his highness and he returned the favor.

“Until we meet again,” he said.

“Take care your highness,” HoDong looked to his niece, “now I’ll be busy for the next two nights so I won’t be able to visit. Will you be fine without me?” Eunsun nodded.

“I’ll be ok uncle,” she gave him a hug.

“I’m sure Eric will take good care of her.” Hwang assured HoDong, “if not then I will take the responsibility for her.” Eunsun’s cheeks heated up.

“She can take care of herself,” HoDong patted Eunsun on the head, “my Eunsun-ee is a very brave woman.” Eunsun tried to hide her embarrassment.

“Oh uncle,” she said flushing madly.

“I agree,” Youngmin said to HoDong before turning to leave, “good night you two.”

***

The next morning Eunsun was woken early to be taken to her new suite. It was a three bedroom suite with a marble floored bathroom, a gold four poster queen sized bed and an amazing view of the palace garden like Eric had promised.

“Here we are,” Eric said rotating in his stride to spin with his arms out “isn’t this place something?”

“It is huge,” Eunsun said and then added, “but elegant,” when she saw his expression of one that wasn’t impressed. A knock came on the door and a servant stepped in, “sir the maids are here.”

“Excellent, send them in,” the doors opened and in walked five young gorgeous girls. One had beautiful almond eyes, one deemed an elegant long face, another had a baby face, one had a gorgeous smile and another had a cute nose.

“Eunsun-sshi, I want you to meet your maids. Park Gyuri,” the elegant faced one gave a bow.

“Han Seungyeon,” the one with the cute nose bowed politely.

“Goo Hara,” the tallest one with the almond eyes bowed.

“Nicole Jung, who can speak English very well.”

“Hi,” Nicole said in English making Eunsun clap.

“And finally the youngest, Kang Jiyoung.”

“How do you do Eunsun-sshi,” she said.

“Nice to meet you all,” Eunsun said bowing to them, “I hope you will enjoy your time here.”

“I think we already are,” Jiyoung said glancing around, “this place is amazing.” The girls laughed along with Eunsun.

“Alright I’ll leave you be,” Eric said bowing, “oh and I’ve also arranged for you to have food bought here.”

“Thank you,” Eunsun said bowing to him. Soon she was left alone with the five excited girls.

“Eunsun-sshi what would you like us to do?” The one called Seungyeon asked her.

“Umm,” Eunsun saw the girls still had their bags in their hands, “unpack first?”

“Thank you,” Gyuri said bowing as the girls went to organize their sleeping arrangements. Eunsun smiled, something told her she was going to enjoy their company.
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Yay Kara comes in! Enjoy their presence in the story now XD.