49. Here comes the Bride

Eunsun: A star for the king

Eunsun woke at eight thirty. She looked at the clock and got up. She had ten and a half hours before she had to arrive at the church as it was a night service. Thinking about today had made it hard to sleep.

“Morning,” Hara gave Eunsun her bathrobe, “we need to get the schedule on the way.”

“Really?” Eunsun yawned, “What’s first then?”

“Bath where you will also have your hair washed.” Eunsun nodded and followed Hara to the bathroom. Gyuri and Seungyeon were pouring a white liquid into the tub.

“What is this?” Eunsun asked dipping her hand in.

“Goat’s milk, it will help your skin be soft and white for today.”

“Isn’t it a bit much?” Eunsun bit her lip as Jiyoung tipped the buds of lavender into the milk staining the milk a light purple in patches.

“The bride of the king has to look her best,” Gyuri explained as she took Eunsun’s robe off, she was urged to get undressed and to step in. They left her for a moment as she did as she was told and then stepped it. It was cool and felt silky. Then when she was in the hair dresser came in and sat behind her. With a bucket in her lap she washed Eunsun’s hair, applied conditioner and some oils to make it smell nice. After Eunsun got out of the bath and patted herself dry it was time for her nails. She sat at the table while two ladies applied fake nails and gave her toes a clean and buff. Her maids had gone to have showers and get ready themselves. As the nails set to dry Eunsun’s breakfast was delivered to her. She lifted her blown dried hair to sniff it.

“I smell like a garden,” she said to herself as she ate her egg and then her fruit salad. She’d been sent on a strict diet much to her dismay so she had the best complexion and figure possible for today.

Lunch was served at twelve which Eunsun ate in her quarters on strict orders that she wasn’t to leave in case Hwang saw her.

At two thirty pm the hairdresser came to do her hair. They pinned it into an intricate bun and then carefully put in some small white flowers on one side and then put in hair spray. Her dress and veil had yet to arrive so it was time for the makeup.

“Eunsun-ah,” her maids came back with their hair down and in waves except for two braids that were pinned on the top. They too had flowers but only one and in pink.

“You look good.”

“We haven’t even had makeup done,” Hara added as they all sat down as the team of twelve makeup artists all did them.  It was done to look natural except for light pink on the girls’ eye lids except for Eunsun.

“Is our flower girl ready?” Eunsun asked and a moment later Soo-yoon arrived in her little yellow dress that had a pink rose on the strap. The nanny was looking pretty in her light green ensemble. Eunsun was going to be relieved when there were no more cameras pointing in her face. Their wedding album would be half full of the preparation photos.

“Ok Eunsun time for the jewelry,” Hara came over to her with the small diamond studs which she put in for her and then there was the small diamond bracelet to match. After this it was time for the girls to get dressed. The time was now ten. Eunsun slipped on the dress and the designer helped her button up the back. It was a simple blend of lace with the dress. The sleeves were made of lace and stopped at her elbows. She had a slight train which was made from some of the left over lace that was designed to be a part of the dress’ slim skirt. The bodice was lace like the sleeves and the cut was strapless but not revealing in any sense.

“Wow,” the girls cooed as Eunsun appeared to put her veil on, “you look beautiful.” The veil was attached onto Eunsun’s hair with a clip. She then had to put on her shoes, cream sandals with a small heel but it would reduce the height distance between her and Hwang.

“You’re all done,” Eunsun was faced by a heap of cameras as they took pictures of her face and the dress. The florist came with their bouquets which they thanked her for. Eunsun took a picture with her as a thank you gift.

“Your highness, HoDong-sshi is on his way,” Eunsun nodded as they began to leave, Gyuri got to hold the train as they walked, all five were in their bridesmaid dresses. The clock now said six fifteen pm. Funny how long it took to get ready.

HoDong was standing by the stairwell at the palace anxiously waiting. He was in his suit with the pink flower on his pocket. There was a heap of photographers standing around taking the occasional shot of him as they waited.

“Please clear the way,” Hyori suddenly ordered pushing some of them to the edges as Eunsun got closer. It was impressive for Hyori to be able to do it in her tall gold stilettos as well as her bronze halter neck dress. A moment after she’d done this Eunsun came to the stop of the stairs. The cameras began flashing as Eunsun made a slow descend down to her Uncle who was standing waiting. He was smiling big as they finally met and he hugged her.

“Let’s go,” he said with a smile as they walked side by side to the white rolls Royce. They got in with Soo-yoon and  Hyori while the bridesmaids went in the other car. There was already a whole heap of paparazzi taking pictures as they took off down the road which had been blocked off except for the excited citizens who stood at the barriers waving.

“You should wave,” Hyori said from sitting up the front with the carriage driver. Eunsun began to wave as she had been taught. Eunsun took a deep breath in. It would be a forty five minute drive but she was still nervous.

***

Youngmin’s vehicle pulled up at the church and he stepped out to wave to the people who cheered. Just past the doors were two white marble stands and a white flowering vine trailing down them. He had to stay in his private quarters for the morning and had been told to leave at a particular time so that he and Eunsun wouldn’t see each other before the ceremony He walked down to the front where his groom party was headed by Eric who was his best man. Donggun was the Wedding MC or the master of the ceremony and would be taking the stage at the reception which would begin sometime after the bridal party had arrived from the photographs.

“Youngmin you’re shaking,” Eric grinned as he adjusted his nervous friend’s flower.

“I could barely sleep last night,” Youngmin admitted. He went into his pocket and took out a crumpled piece of paper.

“Are the musicians ready?” Youngmin asked.

“Relax we got who you wanted,” Eric told him, “They’ve practiced the music that you gave them and you’ve managed to practice with them. You will be great.”

“Thank you,” Youngmin looked over at the large audience who were arriving. Beast all dressed in grey suits with different colored ties except for Gikwang who had a black shirt on instead of white. Sooyoung from girls generation came dressed in a slimming simple red dress. Jihye came in with her oppa who was looking sharp. The celebrities all met while Jihye was introduced by Yunho as they all took their seats. The president of Cube followed in his beige suit with Beast’s manager.  Everyone came in and took their seats.

The church was lined with candles that flickered as well as a large stain glass mural on the stage behind the instruments on the stage. The mural was of the Korean symbol and the names Hwang Youngmin and Kang Eunsun carved out like a stencil. The front of the stage was lined with a gold fabric embroidered with diamonds. The rows of pews had a small bunch of roses on the ends and the back of the chairs had gold ribbon.

Soon the large audience of a hundred thousand which was mainly acquaintances of Youngmin or of the royal family except for a few of Eunsun’s friends took their seats in the auditorium. They were seated on the bottom fanned out around the stage. Two cameras were placed for filming. Two at the stage to record a ground view of the ceremony. Three in the top section to film at an almost bird angle, one at the entrance of the auditorium and one outside to film shots of the crowd who were waiting.

The second and final car stopped outside the church at the large arc before the church. A large cross was in it and two smaller arches on each side. The ground was lined with the longest red carpet Eunsun had ever seen, the trees were laced with small fairy lights that sparkled in the night. The people got restless as the car doors opened. HoDong got out and held a hand out to her; the moment they spotted the future queen there was a loud cheer and whistling in approval. Eunsun was flashed by more cameras as they took in this moment. She gripped her bouquet tight with her whiter knuckles. HoDong linked arms with her. Soo-yoon went to the front as told, Gyuri picked up the train and they made their way down the carpet through the arch. News teams were there documenting each step she seemed to take which took her closer and closer to one of the most special moments in her life.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ok so that’s the preparing and the arrival. Now we have the actual ceremony. Sorry I had to split it up, otherwise this would end up being rather long XD.