58. Matchmaking

Eunsun: A star for the king

“Eunsun-ah,” the queen grinned as her maids entered and hugged her.

“How was your honeymoon?” Jiyoung asked as they all gathered on the chairs.

“Good thank you,” Eunsun told them, “Did you enjoy visiting your families?”

“Yes we appreciate it thank you,” Gyuri told her, “Sorry we couldn’t come back until today.”

“Its fine,” she assured all five of them, “it was nice just spending a week cleaning and tidying up.”

“You’re lying,” Seungyeon said and they all laughed. Someone knocked at the door.

“Your majesty,” Nicole opened the door for the servant, “they’ve arrived.”

“Who arrived?” Hara asked Eunsun, the other girls nodded.

“Oh you will see,” Eunsun winked as she spoke to the servant, “tell them that we will see them in the garden. You know where the table is right?”

“No problem,” the servant bowed and was on his way.

“Come on my girls,” Eunsun said, “We’re having lunch in the garden today.”

“We’re eating in the garden?”

“Uh huh, you’ll see why.” Eunsun said as they followed her.

***

Eunsun smiled to herself as they got closer to the table, six people were standing around talking excitedly.

“Y-your majesty,” they spotted them and turned to bow.

“Welcome Beast,” the maids were speechless.

“B-beast?” Gyuri stammered.

“I believe all of you have met right?” Eunsun said pointing to the girls in turn, “we have Gyuri, Seungyeon, Hara, Nicole and Jiyoung.”

“I’m Doojoon,” the leader bowed.

“The head dancer Gikwang,” Gikwang said.

“Lead vocals and fake maknae Yoseob,” Yoseob said doing a double peace symbol.

“Rapper Junhyung,” Junhyung’s eyes drifted to Hara who stood there shyly.

“Hyunseung vocals,” he said grinning.

“Real maknae Dongwoon,” Dongwoon said politely.

“Let’s all take a seat,” Eunsun offered as they all went to sit. Eunsun sat at the head of the table with Doojoon facing her at the other end. Her girls quickly made friends and sat with them, Hyunseung and Gyuri, Nicole, seemed to get alone with Dongwoon with Jiyoung listening in. Seungyeon talked with Yoseob and Kikwang, Hara found she was sitting opposite Junhyung who couldn’t look in front of him.

“It looks good,” Doojoon said to Eunsun as they began to serve some rice and the dishes.

“Taste it hyung,” Yoseob held a piece of marinated cabbage at his face. His chopsticks shifted and it fell onto the table cloth.

“Sorry,” Yoseob apologized.

“It’s alright,” Eunsun assured him as she served some of the chicken dish, “they can be easily washed.”

“So how come you invited us?” Kikwang asked forgetting his place. Doojoon gave him a warning glare.

“Well it’s to say thank you for performing at the wedding and your wedding gift too,” Eunsun explained, “Your manager and CEO will be receiving some thank you tokens from us later this week.”

“Ah ok,” Kikwang seemed pleased.

“Hara can you please pass the cabbage?” Nicole said to her. She was sitting next to Junhyung and Jiyoung was on her other side with Dongwoon opposite her. The cabbage was next to Hara.

“Sure,” she stood up carefully bending and picked up the bowl. She reached over the table but fell short. The bowl began to wobble in her hand.

“Here,” Junhyung got up lifting his hands out. His hand brushed hers as he took the bowl from her. Hara sat down, her heart thudding like crazy.

“Thanks oppa,” Nicole said smiling making her eyes small.

“You’re welcome,” Junhyung said to her grinning. Hara started to feel uncomfortable.

“E-excuse me Eunsun,” she said to Eunsun getting out of her chair, “I need to go to the ladies room.”

“Alright,” Eunsun watched her go.

***

Shortly after they had started to finish up another person was seen walking across the grass.

“H-his majesty!” Doojoon grabbed the collar of one of the guys sitting nearest to him to get him and the rest of them to stand and bow. Eunsun’s maids did the same. Eunsun got up to pay her respect to her husband.

“Good afternoon,” he said grinning. He was in a white polo and jeans, “have we enjoyed the food?”

“Yes your majesty,” Doojoon said as Youngmin went over to Eunsun.

“How did the preparations go?” Eunsun asked as he kissed her on the cheek and she kissed his cheek.

“I left early,” Youngmin told her.

“Bad boy,” Eunsun mockingly scolded him, “you can’t just leave whenever you please.”

“I’m the king and I can do whatever I please,” Youngmin raised his eyebrows pulling her in for a kiss.

“Woo,” the guys began to whistle while one smart aleck said, “get a room.”

“Not the time?” Youngmin said withdrawing. He looked at the table.

“Don’t you have five maids?”

“Yes…” Eunsun saw what he meant, “girls…Did Hara come back?”

“No she’s been gone for a while.” Jiyoung said. Eunsun turned to her husband.

“Honey would you mind entertaining my guests while I go look for her?”

“No problem,” Youngmin caressed her cheek, “shall I sing to them?”

“It doesn’t bother me.”

“Hey let’s have a dance-off!” Kikwang decided getting out of his chair, “you verses me.”

“Kikwang—“

“Sounds good to me,” Youngmin said taking up the challenge. Everyone else got out of their chairs to follow them to the grass.

***

Eunsun looked in her old quarters as well as where the girls were but she couldn’t find Hara. She began to get worried.

“God please help me,” she said to the sky, “help me find...”  She saw something by the bird bath. Hara was sitting next to it.

“Hara,” Eunsun came over to her. She was just sitting with her knees tucked up to her chest in her shorts and t-shirt. “Hara are you alright?”

“Huh?” Hara looked at her, “oh yes unnie,” she then shook her head, “no. I just wish I didn’t feel awkward around him.”

“Were you uncomfortable with me inviting them?”

“No unnie but…” Hara sighed, “I just wanted to be able to talk to him. To see if he had any feelings towards me or if it was just me.”

“Oh I see,” Eunsun sat down too, “and I guess inviting all of them didn’t help.”

“You could say that,” Hara nodded.

“Hmm,” Eunsun got up, “why don’t you come back with us? I’m sure you will get your chance to say something to him.”

“You think so unnie?” Eunsun nodded.

“Ok,” they both got to their feet and went back.

***

“No way, I won that!” Kikwang moaned as Yoseob patted him on the back while some of the others congratulated Youngmin who had sweat on his forehead.

“Sorry Kikwang but his majesty beat you,” Hyunseung said with the girls clapping.

“What’s going on?” Eunsun asked as she came back with Hara.

“His majesty just beat out Kikwang to a dance battle,” Dongwoon told her.

“Really?” Eunsun peered closely at Youngmin, who was bending over slightly, “honey… Are you hurt?”

“I think I pulled a muscle,” he said wincing with a smile, “but I’m sure one of your massages will help it.” He winked.

“Ah…Yeah sure,” Eunsun had to fan her face while the others began to whistle. Junhyung noticed Hara coming to her friends.

“Hara” she stopped when she heard her name. Junhyung took a deep breath and walked over to her, “how are you?”

“I’m ok,” she said softly, “what about you? Do you still smoke?”

“I never stopped,” Junhyung smirked but then dropped it, “d-do you not like it when I do?”

“I didn’t say that,” Hara admitted, “It’s your choice.”

“Yeah,” Junhyung let out a breath and a nervous laugh, “so Hara… Do you…Do you like anyone now?”

“I might…” She said quietly, Junhyung’s face fell.

“Who do you like?”

“I’m talking to him right now,” Junhyung and Hara looked each other in the eye, their hearts pounding.

“Good,” he began slowly reaching to take her hand and clasping it, “because it’s the same for me too.” They broke into a smile. Their moment was interrupted when someone gave a wince.

“Omo you really are hurt!” Eunsun said to her husband, “come on we need to get you to see a doctor!”

“I-I’m fine dear,” Youngmin argued, “I just need to be careful.”

“No as your wife! I’m sending you to bed now!” She put her arm around his waist and lifted his arm onto her shoulders.

“Girls see to it that Beast is escorted back to their lift safely.”

“Sure,” Gyuri said as they bowed to the king and queen.

“OHMYGOD!” Yoseob said in English, he’d spotted Junhyung and Hara holding hands.

“Well you have some explaining to do,” Doojoon said approaching Junhyung while Hara’s friends gathered excitedly.

“Is that why you invited them?” Youngmin asked as he and Eunsun were out of hearing range.

“Maybe,” Eunsun grinned slyly, “but they wouldn’t know that.”

*************************************************************************************************************
Yay! Hara and Junhyung got together! That's one loose end finished. Now haters to the left, right LOL I’m joking. Hope we liked this :)