42. Happy Birthday your majesty!

Eunsun: A star for the king

A few days before the recent chapter


“Youngmin-ee happy birthday,” before Hwang could prepare himself Eric pounced from behind hugging him in the back. The two men fell to the floor causing Eunsun, HoDong, Donggun and his wife to laugh.

“Hyung that hurt,” Youngmin moaned as he pressed against the floor to sit up after being on his stomach.

“You forgot that is our tradition,” Eric pointed at him, his finger almost in Youngmin’s cheek. Eric got up and composed himself.

“Ok so what does his royally old majesty want to do today?” Youngmin raised his eyebrows.

“What does the schedule say?”

“Oh alright I’ll get it,” giggling like a school boy Eric went to his room. Hwang went to the kitchen and came back with a tray of food.

“Here’s your breakfast.”

“Oh why thank you how kind,” Youngmin accepted the tray.

“Actually that would be my niece,” HoDong gestured to Eunsun who was playing with Soo-yoon.

“Huh?” She asked, not paying attention. Youngmin went to the table and placed his food on the table before going to Eunsun.

“Thank you,” he kissed her on the head.

“You’re welcome,” Eunsun blushed before there was a cough from Donggun who seemed to be reminding them about the displays of affection.

“Ah here it is!” Eric sung coming in and standing beside Hwang dropping it on the table, “to start off the day you, HoDong ahjussi, Donggun-sshi and I will be taking you to do some boxing and other sports and then we will have lunch together, you will receive your gifts and cake and then from five onwards you will get to decide what happens.”

“Alright,” Youngmin nodded as he spooned some more soup into his mouth and swallowed, “sounds fair.”

“Excellent we will be leaving at ten thirty am,” Youngmin nodded as he kept eating.

***

“Ok we will be back at twelve thirty,” Eric said to the ladies as the men dressed in sports casual wear went to the door. Donggun went to his wife and kissed her while Youngmin hugged Eunsun.

“Be careful,” Eunsun advised him when they moved apart but he still had an arm around her.

“I will,” he grinned as he went to hug Soo-yoon.

“Daddy will be out for a bit, you be a good girl for Eunsun-ah and Hyori-sshi.” Soo-yoon nodded after reading what her dad signed out.

“Have fun,” Hyori called as the door closed.

“Right we better get to it,” Eunsun got to her feet as did Hyori. They went to one of the cupboards in the kitchen and got out a box labeled ‘decorations.’ They pulled out two streamers rolled up, a packet of balloons and a small blue vase.

“What is that for?” Hyori asked Eunsun.

“Wait and see,” Eunsun picked up her bag, “I’ve got to go to the shops I’ll be back in ten minutes.”
 

“Ok,” Hyori looked at Soo-yoon, not sure what to do, “you’re not going to take her?” Eunsun stopped; “hmm good idea.” She went to Soo-yoon and signed to her, ‘I’m going out do you want to come with me?’ Soo-yoon glanced shyly at Hyori and then signed back, ‘yes.’

“Ok let’s get you ready,” Hyori sighed out in relief when they were out of sight.

“Ok we’ll be back soon,” Eunsun told Hyori as they left. Hyori nodded as she struggled to open the balloons packet with her manicured nails.

“Here we are,” Eunsun took Soo-yoon to a floristry where a woman was washing the windows. She saw Eunsun and Soo-yoon in the reflection.

“Hello give me a moment,” she put the cloth in the bucket she was holding and turned to them.

“Omo…You are…”

“Nice to meet you,” Eunsun bowed, “I would like to buy some flowers.”

“Of course, what kind of flowers were you after?”

“Fake ones please so that they will last in this weather,” Eunsun smiled.

“Ok come in,” the lady went inside the store and showed them the display of flowers. Eunsun picked out some tulips of different colours, one yellow, two reds, two white and two blue.

“Just these please,” the lady nodded as she tied them together.

“Here,” Eunsun was confused; the lady seemed to have ignored her money.

“Pardon?”

“You can have them for free.” Eunsun shook her head.

“It’s alright here this is for you,” she indicated to the money.

“No no I insist,” the lady argued pushing her hand away. Eunsun sensed the eyes of some people close by watching her.

“But…” Eunsun had to think, “it isn’t fair for you.”

“Making the queen pay for flowers isn’t fair,” Eunsun let out a breath.

“Is there any way that I can pay for them that you will accept?” The lady thought for a moment.

“Yes,” she left the counter and went to the back. She came back with a camera. Eunsun blinked.

“Please take a picture with me,” Eunsun glanced around, finally other people were clicking their cameras at her.

“Sure,” she quickly said as the lady asked someone to take it for them. They stood together and took it, the camera clicking. Soon other people were coming up to her asking her for autographs.

“We’d better go,” Eunsun took Soo-yoon by the hand and dragged her outside of the shop before more people could find her. She’d already signed five autographs.

***

“Wow that was some workout,” Eric said as he wiped his face with a towel. Boxing was a vigorous sport and all four men were worn out after an hour of

“Agreed,” Youngmin said leaning back in a chair sighing.

“On to the squash court,” Donggun added pointing to them. They nodded and began to move, Youngmin stayed in his chair but grabbed HoDong.

“HoDong-sshi can I talk to you for a minute?” HoDong nodded and sat down in the chair beside him.

“What is it Youngmin-sshi?”

“I have only just thought about this but….I realized that I never did ask if I could marry your niece.”

“Well…” HoDong wiped the back of his neck, “I didn’t think that it really mattered because well… She was in your care and that you could choose whoever you wanted without the consent of the family.”

“I know but that doesn’t mean it was right,” Youngmin ran a hand through his damp hair, “she’s your only family how will you go being by yourself?”

“I will make do,” HoDong didn’t seem to have thought much about it, “I know she’ll be happy and that’s what matters to me.”

“I have an idea,” Youngmin put a hand on HoDong’s shoulder, “come live with us.”

“What? Y-you mean in the palace?”

“Exactly, you can run your business from there, Eunsun will be able to help when she can and we will cover any expenses you may have.”

“W-wow I don’t know what to say,” HoDong found himself unable to say anything, “a-are you sure?” HoDong nodded.

“I am certain of it,” HoDong got to his feet as well as Youngmin. They shook hands before having a man-hug.

“We’d better go join the kids. Otherwise they may have already started fighting.”

“Yeah, I wonder why those two seem to have a problem with each other?”

“I’m not entirely sure,” Youngmin said as they walked to the court, “we think it’s because Donggun is jealous of Eric’s position but that’s the only reason for now.”

“Mm, oh yeah call me HoDong-ee since we’re nearly family.”

“And you can call me Youngmin-ah,” the two men grinned at each other before they arrived at the court.

“*^$%&^$ Donggun-sshi!” Eric yelled, “That really hurt!”

“Ah just in time your majesty,” Donggun said poking his head out from around the glass door, “Eric just took a major hit to his masculinity.” Youngmin and HoDong looked at each other before going in. It was going to be a long game.

***

“Wow you’ve put the balloons up,” Eunsun said trying to be positive even though it was only two balloons.

“Thank you,” Hyori said as she sipped her drink, “figured I needed a break.” Eunsun looked at Soo-yoon who was going to comment but Eunsun shook her head. She put the flowers in the vase.

“When’s the food arriving?” There was a knock.

“Right now,” Hyori got up and walked to the door. Eunsun went blowing up balloons and hanging streamers to make it look happier.

“Here it is,” Hyori pointed to the ground where a bellboy pushed a trolley in. Eunsun looked at the table which was clear except for the vase in the middle. They unloaded the food onto the table, keeping the lids on them.

“Hmm why don’t you get changed into something else?” Eunsun looked down at what she was wearing.

“Oh you don’t see it? Well ok the trousers can stay but let the hair down and change your sweater. The grey is so plain.” Eunsun nodded as she took her key and went next door. She didn’t have many sweaters so she chose a red one with gold thread that she had worn on Christmas. It would have to do. She also let her hair down and straightened it which was something she wasn’t good at because she burnt her finger. Eunsun returned and helped Hyori finish setting it up.

***

“Wow this place looks amazing,” Eric said as he and the other boys entered, changed into some clean shirts and washed.

“I agree,” HoDong lifted his nose to smell the food on the tables.

“You ladies have done well,” Donggun said to his wife and Eunsun both as he hugged Hyori.

“Aigoo you’re ruining my blouse,” Hyori pouted angrily.

“Can’t I hug my wife whenever I want?” He teased leaning in.

“Get a room,” Donggun glared at Eric who was taking a seat at the table while Eunsun was putting plates at all the places. HoDong helped her take the lids off.

“Mm delicious, let’s all take a seat,” he clapped his hands together as they all found a seat.

“Would you like some rice HYoungmin-ee?” Youngmin nodded as Eunsun scooped some into his bowl.

“Thank you,” he said as she served everyone else their rice, “let’s dig in.” They all sat together and ate, talked, laughed at times and were serious.

“So what does the birthday boy want to do for his dinner tonight?” Eric asked wiping his mouth as Eunsun and Soo-yoon were finishing their food.

“Well,” Hwang looked at Eunsun, “I was hoping to possibly have dinner with Eunsun alone.” Eunsun put her fork in but let the end stick out.

“Right, where do you want to go?” Hyori asked before eyeing her husband.

“I reserved a table at this restaurant, it’s got a great view and I think that will be the best place to have some alone time together.”

“Alright,” Eric got out of his seat, “time for pressies!”

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 Yay we had a happy-ish chapter, it was a bit boring though. Sorry I’ve taken so long to update, I was starting to feel a bit emotionally drained for the past two days and I’m only starting to feel better. There’s drama at home and talking about it even if it’s just for a little bit seems to get me down. So I've kind of been like 'God help me' :-P because he is my strength even when I don't feel like I have any.

Anyway the next chapter will probably be their second official date. LOL for an engaged couple they sure don’t have a lot of alone time XD.