50. The Ceremony

Eunsun: A star for the king

Eunsun’s heart was pounding so hard she thought it would combust.

“Relax,” HoDong said as they went under the cross, “it will be alright. If you are still nervous when we reach the entrance, pray in your heart for peace.” Eunsun nodded thankful her uncle had such wisdom.  They kept walking, a helicopter buzzing overhead as they filmed her walking down the carpet. She stopped at the front where one of the two body guards said something into his microphone.


“She’s here.”

“Alright,” the other guard replied inside the church watching the king from a distance. Jae-son patted Youngmin on the back.


“Well, this is it.”

“Thank you for being here hyung… For all of you,” Hwang added to his other brothers. They nodded knowingly.


“We’ll begin in a couple of minutes,” Donggun said to Youngmin who had just spoken to the guard, Youngmin looked at Eric who had a hand in his pocket. He stretched his hand in the pocket and Youngmin acknowledged this. The minister who was also a minister at the church got up from his seat. The musicians were cued onto the stage where they all got in their places, the strings, the guitarist, percussion etcetera as well as the veteran group Shinhwa who stood on the stage all in black suits all stood behind microphones on stands. The music began to slowly play. Everyone stood as the sound of a piano with a guitar began to play. Shinhwa cleared their throats as they all prepared to sing:

A pure white dress,
Shy steps, a dreamy anticipation.


The lights dimmed leaving only faint light except for the candles and lights for the musicians to see. The path down the aisle suddenly lit up as small lights on the ends of the pews all . Youngmin swallowed nervously, he was patted on the shoulder by Jung.

Trusting only me and standing beside me
My precious you.


Eunsun and HoDong were shown to the end of the aisle.


When cold eyes around us tried to stop us,
We were sad, but in no time.
You embraced me with your love.


Not because of either of us but because of other reasons.
You have endured that I have suffered from them.
I promise that there will be no more tears.

 

Soo-yoon began her walk down the aisle, holding her small bouquet making the audience smile at her sweet smile as she went down to her dad. A few moments after she had started to walk it was the bride’s turn. She made sure her bridesmaids were ready before they started their journey.

The audience was in awe of Eunsun who was glowing next to her uncle. Youngmin’s heart leapt as his eyes finally saw her, she shyly smiled back. Jae-son took out a tissue from his pocket but concealed it in case it wasn’t needed:


A dazzling morning, The scent of afternoon,
The sky at night, because of you staying with me,
They can be beautiful

 

All the joys, sorrows and loves in the world.
I have found someone to share them with.
I promise that there will be no more loneliness.

 

As much as you suffered,
I will give you plenty of happiness.

Just like now, please give a bright smile always.



After they had all sung their own section and the guitar solo (no not electric) the six men came together for the remainder of the song.


Not because of either of us but because of other reasons,
You have endured that I had to suffer from them.
I promise that there will be no more tears.

 

All the joys, sorrows and loves in the world.
I have found someone to share them with.
I promise that there will be no more loneliness.

 

Eunsun reached the end of the aisle, now Youngmin and his brothers had a better view of her. HoDong kissed her on the cheek and then she met with Youngmin who was almost bursting with joy. Shinhwa got off the stage as Eric joined the bridal party and his friends took to their seats. Youngmin and Eunsun stood side by side.

“We are gathered here today to celebrate not only one but two special occasions. The first is the marriage of his majesty king Hwang Young Min and his bride Kang Eunsun. The second is the crowning of the new queen and this will take place before the final vows.” The minister continued with his speech about the importance of marriage and how it is beneficial as well as mentioning it to be a holy covenant that God designed. Eunsun’s mouth was twitching to smile at this part but it could have given away her beliefs so she didn’t move.


“Let us stand together as we sing ‘abide with me.’” They all stood and sang the famous hymn.


“Now we will hear the vows that the bride and the groom have prepared for the occasion. We will begin with Eunsun’s.” Eunsun turned to Nicole who handed her the piece of paper. She was handed a microphone. Her palms were sweating as she turned so she was facing Youngmin. She looked around him and then back at him as she took a deep breath.


“Youngmin,” she nervously laughed as well as everyone else chuckled, “you’re one of the most special people I’ve ever been blessed to meet in my life.” She breathed out as she continued, “I will do my best to not only be a servant to the people of this nation but also as a caring mother and loving wife,” her eyes began to fill as she added, “No matter what…” She stopped suddenly over whelmed. She took a deep breath, “no matter what happens I will always support and stand by you through our darkest days and biggest storms.” She blinked, afraid tears would start to fall, she couldn’t face him in case she began crying, “I love you and always will for the rest of my life.” She handed the paper back to Nicole and handed the microphone to Youngmin. He looked as emotional as she did. She slipped the ring onto his finger.

 

“Eunsun,” everyone sounded an ‘aww’ together; the way he said her name couldn’t have sounded more besotted, “you are a shining star that fell from heaven and came to me least expected.” He looked up for a moment to clear his head, “as your own I promise that I will give you nothing but my best in care, trust, loyalty and love.” He scratched his nose, a sign he was starting to cave, “as my star I will take care of you so that you will shine brighter not just for me but for all of Korea.” Everyone went ‘aww’ again. Eunsun was choked up by the reference from their television interview. Eunsun lifted her hand so Hwang could place the ring.

“Alright now for the crowning of the queen,” the minister said as Donggun came to the front with tiara. It had the Sharon rose on the front and smaller roses on each side surrounded by clusters of red and blue gems. Eunsun went down, bowing her head as Youngmin took the crown off the cushion.


“With the power invested in me, I crown you now as your royal majesty Queen Young Min Eunsun of Korea; arise,” Eunsun slowly stood up, the tiara now sparkling on her head.


“Now, to the family and friends of the pair, will you support these two through their married life giving them support and your care?”

“We will,” a small majority of the crowd said.


“To those witnessing this special occasion will you support Youngmin and Eunsun as they partake down the journey of holy matrimony?”

“We will,” they all responded. The minister now smiled at Youngmin and Eunsun.


“I pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride.” A few people went ‘woo’ as Youngmin stepped closer to Eunsun, wrapping an arm around her waist. He lowered his head as she lifted hers. Their lips touched in a strong kiss, more powerful than those before. The crowd cheered while others whistled. They moved apart, the cameras had been flashing the whole time.


“I now give you the happy couple.” There was more clapping as the two linked arms and walked down the aisle amongst the noise and celebration. The bridesmaids linked up with their partners and followed them down the aisle to the entrance.
 

The moment the pair stepped outside the crowd cheered, waving and screaming as they emerged. Both of them waved enthusiastically as their bridal party appeared behind. They were then shown to the cars as they drove to have the rest of their wedding photos.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

This was so much fun to write! Enjoy the next chapter too as it will contain really sweet parts in it. I’m on the best kind of high right now XD so I’m going to keep writing until my eyes fall out LOL (joking). Oh yeah and the song she walked down the aisle to is called 'to my bride' by Yurisangi (it's a very sweet song so I'm posting a link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ohXmBRTN7M