47. Final preparations and Paparazzi

Eunsun: A star for the king

Eunsun sat at the table in her suite going through her checklist. It was now one week until the wedding and everything was taken care of. The dresses had arrived yesterday and the shoes she’d ordered from a store were to arrive later that afternoon. Makeup and hair had been booked for the morning and Shinhwa and Beast were to come the day before to do a microphone and check as well as her maids who were excited too to be performing.

“Eunsun-ee the photographer’s here to take the photos.”

“Alright,” Eunsun turned to Jiyoung to show her outfit, it was a light pink dress with a white cardigan and brown small heeled peep toed shoes.

“That looks lovely,” Eunsun had her hair in waves.

“Ok I’d better go,” Eunsun hugged Jiyoung before leaving; she waved to the other four who were in mid-cleaning.

“She’s been so happy lately,” Seungyeon said and they nodded.

“Yeah it is exciting.”

“Do you think we’ll get to look after their kids?” They turned to Jiyoung.

“What? It was just a thought,” they all smiled at their magnae while Nicole squeezed her in a hug.

***

“It looks like your fiancée may need a search party oh there she is,” the two men stood up as Eunsun hurried to them. She was greeted by Youngmin with a kiss on the head. He was in a simple white t-shirt that showed his strong arms and a pair of jeans with black sneakers

“Good morning,” Youngmin said to her.

“Morning,” Eunsun smiled at him before looking at the photographer, “sorry I am late.”

“It’s alright, now today we are doing the pictures for the wedding booklet,” the photographer explained as they went to the garden. They came to the small pond.

“Alright let’s do some shots of you standing together,” Youngmin put his arm around Eunsun and they both smiled for the camera.

“Good,” the camera clicked, a few times, “now let’s get one of you two looking at each other.” They moved to stand looking at each other. They burst out into grins.

“Good,” the photographer clicked the camera, “can you two hold hands now?” Youngmin took her hand in his. The photographer bent down as he took pictures.

“Alright, now your majesty I want you to kiss the ring.” Bouncing his eyebrows making Eunsun laugh Youngmin lifted her left hand up to his face as he placed a kiss on the diamond.

“That is great,” the photographer said as he stepped back, “now Eunsun-sshi can you two come closer in? Eunsun-sshi you will be standing the way you are but Youngmin-sshi needs to be on your side.” They moved as they were told, there were more clicks of the camera.

“Alright, now let’s do an extreme close up. I need you Youngmin-sshi to lean in so that your noses are touching alright?” Youngmin turned so they were facing each other. He moved in while Eunsun had to lift her head. Their noses were lightly touching; eyes interlocked as they almost forgot the photographer was there.

“Perfect,” he said as Eunsun moved her head before Youngmin had any other ideas, “ok now we will do some by the waterfall.” They moved to the fall and the photographer snapped some pictures of them standing by the falling water.

“Alright that is great thank you,” the photographer was finished, “I’ll get these developed and print out the booklet that will appear at the ceremony and have it sent to you beforehand.” Youngmin nodded, “thank you for doing this.”

“You are welcome,” the photographer bowed, “it is a great honor for me to be your photographer for this momentous occasion.”

“It is our pleasure,” Eunsun added smiling. Youngmin chuckled as he hugged her quick.

“I’ll see you to the gate,” Youngmin offered moving away from Eunsun to help the photographer carry his stuff.

“See you at lunch my love.”

“Yes you will,” Eunsun told him smiling.

***

“So, everything is pretty much ready?” HoDong asked her as he and Eunsun drove to a restaurant where they were going to have dinner.

“Uh huh, everything is under control,” HoDong squeezed her on the cheek.

“My little Eunsun is getting married,” he happily sang as they drove and found a park. The moment Eunsun stepped out of the van a camera was in her face, as well as many others plus tape recorders.

“Kang Eunsun-sshi tell us; how does it feel that you are tying the knot with his majesty next week?”

“Kang Eunsun is it true that you found your parents?”

“Kang Eunsun, can we find out what kind of man his majesty is like when he’s in the bedroom?”

“Has his highness kissed you yet?” Eunsun was surrounded by paparazzi from every angle. The noise of the reporters, the clicking of the cameras and the bright flashes too made her scared.

“Uncle,” she said uneasy as she scanned the top of the people’s heads to look for him, “UNCLE!”

“I’m coming!” HoDong came barging in from the side, shoving journalists and photographers almost to the ground as he opened the passenger door of his van and let her in. He then closed the door and went to the driver’s side. The people divided like the red sea as they pulled out of the car park and drove back to the palace at a fast rate before anyone could follow.

“Are you alright?” HoDong asked a trembling Eunsun. Still shaking she nodded.

“I think so.”

“My gosh it is too dangerous now,” HoDong sighed as they pulled up to the security guard box and showed his ID. The gates opened and they drove in.

“Eunsun-ee are you ok? You’re shaking,” Nicole said as she and the others came around her giving her hugs when she entered her suite with her uncle close by.

“She was just bombarded by the press,” HoDong said in an annoyed tone, “how they even found out is something that I would like to know.”

“HoDong-sshi, Donggun-sshi wants to speak to you.”

“Sorry Eunsun I have to go,” HoDong gave his niece a pat on the shoulder, “uncle will be back soon. I promise.”

***


“How the hell did they find out!?” Eric yelled at the servant who was shaking in his seat, “who told them where they were going?!”

“We-- don’t know,” the man replied with a pause, “—we are still having it looked into.”

“Well you better find out before I fire your cowardly !”

“Eric-sshi you’re being irrational,” Donggun sighed as Youngmin  was talking to someone on the phone.
 

“Good, so from now on we will have two guards with her at all times and five at public events.”

“HoDong-sshi there you are,” Donggun said as the uncle came in. Hwang hung up the phone.

“How is she?” Eric asked.

“Shaken but she is unharmed,” HoDong said wiping his forehead with a tissue, “I’m mad though. We were completely caught off guard.”

“We are looking into it,” Donggun said frowning at the guard, “we believe someone may have leaked it out and so we’re looking for the source.”

“And what are you going to do about it your highness?” Youngmin was startled, “she’s your fiancée as well as my niece!”

“HoDong,” Donggun warned.

“I’ve assigned her to two body guards for when she leaves the palace on private business and she will have five at any public events that I have to attend.” Hwang got out of his seat, “I have to tell her now.”

“Alright,” HoDong nodded, “this better not happen again.”

“Don’t worry,” Donggun began having a sip of his glass of wine, “I’m making sure of it.”

***

 The girls were sitting with Eunsun. Eunsun’s shoulder was occupied by Jiyoung while the other four either had their hand on the other shoulder or held her hand.

“His majesty is here,” the servant boomed through the door. The girls jumped and got up as the door opened, smoothing out their uniforms to look presentable. Eunsun pulled down her dress and smoothed her hair. As Youngmin entered the maids all bowed to him and then Eunsun did.

“Girls, is it alright if I speak with Eunsun alone?”

“Sure, your highness,” Gyuri replied as they all went to the kitchen to start washing up. Eunsun’s hands were sweating; she moved her head to him. Hwang’s heart dropped. She looked ever so fearful, delicate like a rose that had been battered slightly and lost a petal. He moved quickly to her, opening his arms for her to come into.

“I’m sorry, it must have been frightening for you,” Youngmin said gently as he her hair.

“I’m so thankful that uncle was there,” Eunsun buried her cheek into his shirt, “otherwise I wouldn’t have known what to do.” Youngmin held her closer to him.

“I’ve assigned some guards to you. Two of them will be with you at all times except when you’re with me and they will stand outside. You will have five at all public meetings including television appearances and conferences.” She nodded.

“Ok,” she felt Youngmin breathe out.

“This is my fault. Someone here told the press that you were going out and where you would be.”

“No it isn’t you didn’t know.”

“I’ll be more careful with you my star, my shining precious star.” Eunsun grinned.

“Thank you, my king and my love for a lifetime.”

*************************************************************************************************************

Aww I sometimes hate writing this because of how romantic it is. It’s probably the mushiest of all my fanfics so enjoy hehehe. I listened to some of Tim music before; he is so underrated it is really sad because I think he is my ideal type when it comes to husbands (shame he’s 10 years older than me ;_;) Oh yeah the wedding will be the chapter after the next one which is the bridal and bachelor party