6. Soo-yoon

Eunsun: A star for the king

 A day later Eunsun sat in the place where Eric had found her before to write a letter to her Uncle. She wanted to let him know she’d received his letter and that she was thankful he was praying for her as well as expressing her fear of being here and her desire to return home soon. She was about to start writing when she felt something hit her foot. A little girl ran over to her dressed in a skirt with a blouse tucked in. She had a fringe and she looked up at Eunsun. Eunsun smiled.

“Hello, do you live here?” The girl shyly nodded.

“I’m Eunsun,” she gestured to herself, “and you are?” The girl looked down at the ground and then back up.

“Ah shy are we?” Eunsun chuckled as she got off her seat to pick up the ball and hand it to the girl, “that’s ok I use to be shy myself.” The girl just watched Eunsun’s face and then touched her hair.

“Oh you like my hair? I like yours too,” Eunsun gently the girls head and the girl her heels and ran off. Eunsun watched her go, worry came over her as she thought she may have upset her.

“I see you’ve met Soo-yoon,” she turned to greet Eric who was wearing a peach ensemble today.

“She’s very sweet,” Eunsun smiled as she saw Soo-yoon play ball in the distance.

“Yes she is, for a princess anyway.” Eunsun’s eyes widened as she heard this.

“She’s the kings’ daughter?”

“Well… Yes and no,” Eric bit the edge of his lip, “his now ex-wife had a romance before she married him and well had Soo-yoon out of wed-lock. The king or as I like to call him Youngmin-ah adores her even though she isn’t of his flesh and blood.” She felt her heart soften at these words.

“But she is very shy.”

“Shy?” Eric was puzzled, “oh right you wouldn’t know.”

“Know what?”

“She is mute.” Eric said with a hint of sadness to his voice, Eunsun’s mouth turned the other way.

“Oh my… That’s so sad.”

“She can talk in sign language, that’s why we all learnt how to speak it,” Eric elaborated rolling up the sleeves on his white shirt, “it was her step-father’s idea.” Eunsun nodded, her heart slowly softening to the girl.

“Could I… Learn how to speak it too?” Eric was surprised.

“You want to learn it?” She nodded.

“Yes if it is possible please.” Eric took out his phone and pressed a number.

“Ah hi yes I was wondering if we can book a beginner class for sign language? Uh huh, ok good thank you. Yeah, thanks bye,” he hung up and placed his phone back, “your tutor will be arriving at four thirty on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. She is a good teacher and you will learn fast.”

“Thank you.”

“Hey don’t need to bow,” Eric put his hands on her shoulder stopping her, “now I believe you have an appointment with the dentist.”

“But I didn’t organize any…”

“That’s why I did,” she looked at Eric in amazement.

“Thank you,” she took her items and hurried to where the dentist had set up. Eric grinned to himself but suddenly had to bow.

“You didn’t tell me that you were coming here,” Eric said to his boss who stood beside him as they watched Soo-yoon play.

“Do I have to always text you?” The king raised his eyebrows in amusement.

“Of course not your majesty,” Eric grinned to cover up his embarrassment. Soo-yoon stopped playing for a moment to see her father. She waved at him and the king gave a gentle smile as he waved to her. She ran up to him and he scooped her up in her arms.

“That reminds me. We have to start paying for the sign language teacher again. I found someone who wants to learn sign too.”

“Who out of the staff doesn’t know sign language yet?” He asked ruffling Soo-yoons hair making her grin wider.

“She’s one of the candidates for the competition we’re holding, Eunsun I think her name is.” The king nodded before laughing as Soo-yoon gave him a taste of his own medicine.

“That’s rather interesting, wouldn’t you say?” He looked at Soo-yoon who just stared at them confused. The men laughed as the king put Soo-yoon back on the ground.

“I’ll have to keep an eye out for this ‘Eunsun’,” he told his assistant as they walked back into the palace building.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hmm interesting development here enjoy the next chapter ^_^