43. Date number 2

Eunsun: A star for the king

“Eunsun-ee are you ready to go yet Hwang-ee is waiting for you?” Eric called from the living area.

“Almost,” Eunsun called back.

“It’s five thirty seven how did you manage to miss-time it?” Hyori sighed.

“I guess I didn’t count how long it would take to wash the dishes and then put them back on the trolley.”

“Pssh that’s what the maids are for,” Hyori scoffed, “come out! I’m dying to see how the dress I bought you looks on you.”

“Alright,” the door opened and a timid Eunsun came out. It was a tight dress with a frill down the middle and the front cut out in a v-shape. It was black and accentuated her collar bone. She had a woolen shawl on but it was too short to hide the revealing front. Her hair was done in a quick bun and her jewelry was some pearl earrings and a bracelet. Her shoes were simple silver sandals.

“Wow,” Hyori nodded in approval, “definitely the fashion boost you badly needed.”

“Are you sure?” Eunsun held the ends of the v together to hide the promiscuity, “isn’t it a bit too much?”

“Darling you sound like you’ve never shown off your assets,” Hyori laughed and this was cut short when she realized Eunsun didn’t get it.

“Oh my… Hmm you will have to be a bit more daring then as the queen I think you can allow for it.”

“Yeah,” Eric agreed but his ears were starting to redden, “I’m sure he won’t even notice.”

“You think so?” Eunsun asked and they nodded.

“Sure,” they both lied through their teeth.

“Is she ready?” Donggun’s voice boomed from behind the front door.

“Yes.”

“Good, his majesty is waiting,” Eunsun nodded and walked to the door, clutching her purse tightly.

“Your majesty,” HoDong stepped aside so Youngmin could see his fiancée. His eyes widened as he took in her outfit and overall appearance. He was dressed nicely in a black suit and a grey shirt without a tie.

“You look good,” he said putting an arm around her and leading her downstairs to the lobby where their ride was waiting.

***

“Did you like your presents?” Eunsun asked as they drove down to the restaurant.

“Yes, everyone put a lot of thought into theirs,” Youngmin smiled, “I liked your scarf. It will keep me warm.”

“That’s good,” Eunsun told him happily. They pulled over and the door was opened for them. Youngmin got out before giving Eunsun a hand that had to be careful not to lift her dress up. There was a lot of people eating and dining together. Youngmin and Eunsun were greeted by the waiter who bowed to them before taking them across the end of the restaurant.

“Where are we going?” Eunsun asked as some of the diners lifted their heads to them while others bowed.

“I reserved a private space for us.” They were taken up a few stairs and into a balcony that overlooked the city. A heater was placed beside the table as they sat down. The city lights made it appear like a rainbow of stars.

“It’s beautiful,” Eunsun breathed as she looked out onto it.

“Indeed that’s why I chose this place. I thought of you when I made some enquiries.” Eunsun’s smile was gentle but sweet. The waiter gave them their menus and they took a look.

“So what would you like?” He asked.

“Umm, I don’t know, oh this looks good.” She showed him what she was pointing at. Youngmin nodded, “yes that does seem substantial we’ll have two servings of the mushroom carbonara please.”

“Coming right up,” the waiter left and another came with a bottle of red wine, “wine for his majesty?” Youngmin nodded and the waiter filled their glasses. Eunsun with a slow movement took her glass and gently tapped it with Hwangs before they both had a sip.

“So Eunsun,” he began looking at her straight in the eyes, “less than three months away. How do you feel?”

“Well,” she paused, “nervous I guess. It’s the first time I’ve really been with someone.”

“Oh really?” Youngmin took a sip of his wine, “never been with anyone before?” Eunsun was about to shake her head when she stopped.
“Well, there was a nice boy in my grade at high school. I may have liked him but he didn’t really show any interest and I was too shy to do anything,” Eunsun adjusted her shawl as she added, “but then he said he liked me and that he was moving to Busan so he wanted to know if he could write to me.” She gave a grin as she finished her story, “I forgot to give him my address and I never heard from him again.”

“That’s a shame,” Youngmin agreed, “but look at where you are now; engaged to the most eligible bachelor of Seoul.” Eunsun nodded with joy, “that is true.”

“So tell me,” Youngmin rested his chin on top of his clasped hands, “what kind of man were you hoping to marry?”

“Well….?” She gave a shy laugh, “this is going to sound strange but I never really gave a lot of thought of marriage.”

“Really is that true?” Youngmin whistled, “That’s hard to believe seeing as your almost every man’s dream.”

“I’m flattered that you would say that even though we are engaged,” Eunsun told him as she poured some water from the bottle into her water glass, “but I don’t have the confidence to attract men.”

“But that isn’t always necessary,” Youngmin pointed out as she drank from the glass, “you won me over without putting on this air or this confidence that doesn’t fit you. You did it by being yourself, which is by being a kind and generous person.”

“That sounded like it came from a script,” Eunsun teased, “you’re corny oppa.”

“Ok so what kind of man were you hoping to marry one day if you ever were going to or when you did think about it?”

“Hmm,” she smirked as she realized he had got her good, “I guess…Physical appearance is not such a problem for me. But their personality however… I would like someone who is kind, someone who isn’t afraid to be honest and say what they think or feel. Someone who I can tell them anything and they won’t be quick to judge me if I’ve made a mistake,” Eunsun drank some more of her wine, her head feeling light already after three sips, “funny thing is, that’s you Youngmin.”

“Wow,” Youngmin blinked as he drank some of his water, “I’m touched. Really I am, I’m glad we could do this. Find out more about each other.”

“Me too,” Eunsun agreed. Their food arrived fifteen minutes later and they started to dig in.

“And the good thing is, that answers my other question.”

“Which is.”

“If you were a; well…” Youngmin coughed into his hand. Eunsun froze into place for a second.

“Whoa, Youngmin isn’t that a bit…?”

“Well you hadn’t seen the doctor about…That yet and so I wanted to make sure that you were--.”

“Oh no it’s fine I understand.”

“But even if you weren’t it doesn’t matter,” Youngmin hastily added and then had to take a swig of his wine. Eunsun just smiled, it was adorable seeing a grown man get flustered like a teenage boy.

“And now I’ve just thought of something,” Eunsun paused to think it through before asking, “when were you hoping that we would…You know?”

“Oh well I guess sometime during the honeymoon,” Youngmin was quick to answer.

“Ah huh,” it seemed way too soon for Eunsun but she didn’t admit it, “how long is the honeymoon for?”

“We’ll be going away to the Philippines for two and a half weeks.”

“Wow sounds lovely,” Eunsun smiled, “it will be my first time abroad.”

“Then it shall be a momentous occasion,” Youngmin agreed eating more of his pasta. When they were finished they ordered a tiramisu cake slice for dessert.

“Eunsun,” Youngmin began again on a serious note, “if you ever have any concerns about anything, please tell me. I would hate to be of no help to you if I am left out in the dark.” He reached for her hand and took it in his, “if it was money, then that would be fine, I would give you anything no matter what the cost.” Eunsun sat in her chair, moved by his words. Her heart ached though; for there was something she had to tell him if only her conscience told her she could without betraying either side. But it didn’t tell her this, it just reminded her of her oath.

“If I could ask you anything; would you be honest in your answer?”  Youngmin nodded.

“Of course.”

“Do you trust me?” He frowned at her question, trying to decode what her reason was.

“Didn’t I say that I did once before?”

“Yes,” Eunsun nodded, “but I wanted to make sure I heard right.” He squeezed her hand.

“Then your hearing didn’t fail you my love,” the way he said ‘my love’ bought a warmth into Eunsun. Their dessert arrived and they spent time eating it, enjoying the beautiful scenery.
***********************************************************************************************************
Bahaha after twenty something chapters now they talk about IT! Don’t worry there won’t be any explicit scenes, even if they will after they are married I don’t want to scare you guys. What did we think of this chapter? Comment and give me your opinion, thanks and happy reading