30. Tough questions

Eunsun: A star for the king

“So Eunsun-ee what were you doing before you came to the palace?”

“I was helping my uncle with his catering business.”

“Ah, so its family owned?” Eunsun nodded.

“Why your uncle; don’t you have any parents?” There was a clatter of cutlery as some of the family dropped their forks or spoons on the table.

“Kyung,” his mother hissed.

“It’s alright,” Eunsun assured her turning to Kyung, “I guess it’s kind of funny but… My Uncle is my family. He’s more like a father than an actual uncle.”

“Happy now dongsaeng?” Lee-woo challenged his dongsaeng while Hwang put his face in his palm.

“You get use to him,” Yuna told Eunsun with a smile.

“How old are you?” The head of the household asked.

“Twenty eight years of age.”

“No way, you’re the same age as me then,” Kyung said amazed, “maybe if I’d met you before---“

“Don’t get any ideas,” Youngmin warned him before sipping his beverage.

“Ok, then…” Kyung’s eyebrows went up in curiosity as he asked, “So have you done it yet?” Youngmin spat out his drink behind him onto the grass, their mother gasped while the father had his eyebrows down in a disapproving frown. There was exclamation from Yuna and Lee-woo who did not seem the slightest bit happy. Eunsun handed Youngmin a serviette who wiped his mouth with it.

“That is not your place,” Lee-woo warned Kyung.

“Well… Haven’t you?” Youngmin pressed down on his chair as if to rise.

“Umm we were going to wait,” Eunsun hastily replied, as Youngmin sat down again, “if that is ok for an answer.”

“It is fine,” Lee-woo still was annoyed with Kyung like his other brother.

“Fine… What about kiss?”

“Kyung!”

“Yes that is true,” Eunsun’s face grew warm.

“When was this?”

“A while ago I can’t remember when,” Youngmin scrunched up his serviette.

“So hyung…” Youngmin began putting his scrunched serviette on the floor, “have you heard from Jae-son or Jung recently?”

“Jae-son called me a week ago to help him with… Legal matters.” Lee-woo drank before continuing, “He’s very down at the moment.”

“Is it to do with Tina?” Kyung asked wiping his mouth, Lee-woo sighed.
 

“What do you think? Who else was he married to?!”

“What do you mean was?” Youngmin asked shock in his face, “what happened?”

“They’re splitting it up,” Lee-woo stated with Yuna nodding sympathetically, “that’s why me and Yuna had to fly to the states before. He needed me and Jung was somewhere else probably gallivanting about in Vegas.”

“Oh dear,” Youngmin sighed; Eunsun took his hand and squeezed it.

“As you can see Eunsun-ee,” Inyoung said to her, “we have quite a unique family despite what people may have said to you.”

“Oh I try not to listen to what they say,” Eunsun said, “but from what I see here you are all a family that does care about each other and I am happy to be a part of it.” Youngmin smiled at her.

“Now then,” Jung-won began as he got up, “I better get back to the accounts, thank you for bringing her here Youngmin.”

It was good to see you appa,” he said before turning to Eunsun, “we should get back.”

“Thank you for having me,” Eunsun said bowing to the past king and queen.

“It was lovely meeting you,” Inyoung hugged Eunsun and “we will meet again to discuss wedding cakes.”

“Indeed it seems that our Hwang couldn’t have chosen better,” Jung-won added, “you will make a fine queen.”

“Thank you sir,” she bowed to him.

“We’ll see you later,” Yuna told the couple with Lee-woo’s protective stance beside her.

“Yes indeed,” Eunsun agreed.

“Yeah congrats hyung,” Kyung murmured unsure of what to do.

“Thanks Kyung-ah,” he ruffled his dongsaeng’s hair making Kyung flinch.

“Ok go away now!” They all laughed, in different tones and pitches.

“Bye,” they waved as Eunsun, Youngmin and Soo-yoon got into the car.

Aigoo this chapter wasn’t as long because the previous one was rather long. Thanks for reading guys.