32. Dresses

Eunsun: A star for the king

“Take a look at this one,” one of the designers said turning the magazine page for Eunsun. Eunsun eyed the bright pink frilled dress.

“I don’t know,” she only had three months until the wedding and she still hadn’t picked out what her bridesmaids were going to wear.

“Maybe we should bring out the five that I highly recommend. Nicole-sshi you can come out,” Nicole walked out in a deep purple strapless dress.

“Very nice,” Eunsun smiled at her maid.

“It’s a nice color,” the designer admitted holding some of the fabric, “the design is very flattering.”

“I’ll think about it, thank you Nicole.” Nicole bowed and walked off.

“Ok next is Hara-sshi,” the designer said as the tall thin framed Hara walked out in a one shoulder sunshine yellow dress with a black belt around the waist with rhinestones.

“What do yo think of this one?” Eunsun had to cover her eyes as the fabric illuminated the incoming sunlight.

“Umm…”

“Very well then, next is Gyuri-sshi.” Eunsun smiled at Hara who walked off like a girl with composure. Gyuri’s dress was cream with thin straps and a tie around ribbon at the waist.

“This one is very elegant,” the stylist said, “See how the colour really emphasizes her lovely complexion?”

“But…It may look similar to my dress.”

“Really? Have you finally decided on a dress?” The stylist added.

“Well…Not the exact dress but I have found one I want similar too.”

“Good you can show me after we’ve done the other two, you are done Gyuri-sshi.”

“Thanks Gyuri-sshi.”

“No problem this is actually fun,” Gyuri said as she left.

“Now is for your youngest maid, Jiyoung-sshi.” Jiyoungs one was bright blue with tulle in the skirt, a tight waist and strapless.

“Hmm… I don’t know,” Eunsun said apologetically as the stylist got frustrated, “it’s a nice color but it’s not what I was imagining.”

“Alright then,” the stylist shooed Jiyoung away, “now we just have Seungyeon-sshi left.” Seungyeon came out, Eunsun’s eyes widened as she saw the dress.

“I like the color,” Eunsun began before the stylist could even ask, “but I don’t know about the style.” She looked at Seungyeon, “would you be happy to wear this?”

“I don’t mind unnie,” Seungyeon said with a smile, “it’s up to you.”

“Can the others come out?” Eunsun asked as the four who’d changed back came to where they were. Eunsun touched the fabric on the dress.

“Can you five go to the racks and pick out a light pink dress that you would be happy to wear? I want you all to pick one dress it doesn’t matter if it’s long or short.” They nodded and went to the racks.

“W-what is the meaning of this?”

“It’s fine, now about my dress,” Eunsun picked up a magazine and flicked through the pages to the one, “I like the lace sleeves and the fine embroidery on the front except I was hoping for it to be in cream and the cut of the dress to be something a bit more modest and the sleeves to be shorter.”

“Ah you’ve picked a fine one,” the stylist said as they heard the excited cries of the maids returning.

“We found it,” Gyuri said excitedly as Hara who’d been hiding came out wearing a baby pink dress that was long, strapless, and had a lighter pink band around the waist.

“It’s lovely,” Eunsun said as the stylist motioned for Hara to turn around, “I agree. You all will wear that one.” They clapped happily.

“Now onto your wedding dress,” the stylist interrupted as one of the maids handed her the same dress as she wrote the details into a notepad, “so I will design it with a strapless cut instead of this princess one as well as making the sleeves shorter. Is that what you had in mind?” Eunsun nodded.

“Good, now I can do my job…”

“Excuse me Eunsun-sshi,” Eunsun had a servant bow to her, “this is a message from your Uncle.”

“Thank you,” Eunsun accepted the paper from him and took off the seal. She read the words, drawing breath suddenly.

“I’ll leave you to it,” the stylist said as she motioned for her assistants to start moving their items out of the room.

“Eunsun-ah what’s wrong?” Jiyoung sat beside the bride-to-be who was in shock.

“Something the matter Eunsun-ah you seem shocked.” Seungyeon asked. Gyuri took the paper from Eunsun without a protest. Gyuri read the letter.

“Her Uncle…Found her parents.”

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
And we have a cliff hanger here…… Anyway do we like the bridesmaid dress? In a later chapter where it will be relevant there will be a picture of Eunsun’s wedding dress. Wait and see what happens in the next chapter.