45. Awkward talk

Eunsun: A star for the king

“Eunsun-ee are you around?” Eric called to the open air.

“She’s gone to see the doctor,” Donggun told him while reading a book sitting upright in a chair.

“Why? Is she sick or something?”

“No it’s because she has to.”

“But why does she--?” Eric thought about it, “oh… OH!”

“Are you going to be quiet or do I have to send you to the zoo howler monkey?”

“Ha-ha very funny,” Eric scoffed, putting his check list down, “maybe the gorilla cage will have some room for another edition.” Donggun put the book down.

“You really don’t know when to quit do you?”

“Only when you give in and admit that you can’t beat me Donggun-sshi I will still be on top.”

“Like that will ever happen Eric-sshi and you know that.”

“Ah there you are,” it was Eric’s secretary; “his majesty needs you in his quarters. It’s about measurements for the suits.”

“We’ll be right there,” through clenched teeth Eric smiled at Donggun who seemed to do the same. When she was gone their expressions went back to how they were.

“I hope you realize how much leverage you give for blackmail by what you say.” Donggun told him placing the book back on the shelf next to his chair, “and trust me. I am more than happy to use it.”

“Bite me,” Eric snapped as they both left the room, smoke coming from their ears.

***

“Well Eunsun-sshi it seems that everything is fine with you,” the doctor said as they sat down at his desk, “no sicknesses or anything.”

“That’s good,” Eunsun replied to him.

“And now there’s the final matter of the… Pap smear,” Eunsun could sense her face reddening.

“Ah yes.”

“I’ll grab the robe for you to wear and I need to ask you are you already ually active?” Eunsun shook her head.

“No, ok then that means you are most likely to be fine but we need to check. I’ll leave for you to get changed.” She nodded as he went. It was a bit embarrassing having someone look into a particular part of you but she guessed that it was going to happen anyway after all her and Hwang… It set off her red cheeks again. She wasn’t quite use to the idea of it yet, but she thought she would be. She’d heard about it from friends, her Uncle had given her ‘the talk’ when she was younger so why should she be nervous?

Maybe it was because they hadn’t talked about it much? She got changed and sat back down in the chair.


“Are you ready?” The doctor opened the door a crack, “ah good. We will get you onto the table and then we can begin.”

***

“Stay still,” the designer snapped as Eric lifted an arm to scratch his neck. Donggun sniggered while HoDong stared at him. Youngmin was looking through the colored ties the other designer had draped on their arm.

“So Youngmin-ee have you thought about it much?”

“Thought about what?”

“Rabbits,” the three men were puzzled at Eric, “ok I mean what it is that they are good at.”

“Hopping?”

“No, it is the other thing that they do well.”

“Eric-sshi we are not children you can say the word.”

“Then why didn’t you say it?!”

“Because Eric-sshi I’ve already said it many times in the past that it sounds normal.”

“Ok fine, what I meant to say is have you thought about finally doing it?”

“Keep your arm still!” The designer had to slap Eric’s hand to make him stay in position.

“But you know what I mean right?”

“Yes I think we do,” HoDong said nodding along with Youngmin.

“To be honest… I have.”

“Ah our little king is growing up,” Donggun smirked as the ties came to him.

“According to my father if I didn’t think about it at least once a day then it means I shouldn’t be getting married.”

“Wow no wonder your family is so big,” only HoDong laughed.

“Yeah so anyway my only concern is how she feels about it.”

“Surely shouldn’t she be wanting it too?”

“Yes I know but… I think she’s scared.” Donggun seemed appalled while Eric was surprised.

“Why? Have you two ever talked about it?”

“Only once, but that… Was a while ago.”

“Oh so maybe you should bring it up again.”

“What just like that wouldn’t it sound weird?”

“Not if you began talking about the birds and the bees.”

“Eric-sshi stop being ridiculous it was fun the first time but now it’s boring.”

“Am I the only one who knows what that means?!”

“No but you shouldn’t beat around the bush with this,” Donggun turned his attention to Hwang, “just say out loud that you’ve been thinking about .”

“Ah there you said it!” Eric pointed at Donggun in triumph, “I didn’t even have to say it.”

“You’re such a child,” Donggun sighed putting his hand on his forehead, “it wasn’t even a competition.”

“You’re just mad that you lost.”

“Enough you two,” Youngmin stopped their banter, “you’re right. I need to talk to her about it. I don’t want her feeling uncomfortable about it before the wedding. I want her to be able to relax when we are leading up to it.” Youngmin’s ears were getting red.

“True, but maybe having something to drink will help, and by that I don’t mean having water.”

“Yeah and also have some candles.” They all turned to Eric.

“How do you even know that would work--?”

“--Movies,” Eric said with a straight face, “now I have to get the final guest list printed and handed to HoDong ahjusshi here.” Eric rolled up his sleeves as he walked to the exit, “be back in a tick. The remaining three all sighed out.

“He needs to get married,” they said together.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

LOL this chapter… Oh I hope I haven’t scarred you guys by talking about it. Normally fan fics are so explicit these days that most people don’t get surprised when ‘detail’ is included. But seeing as Eunsun and Hwang are getting married of course ‘it’ would remain a big part. There will be more talk about it and there will countdown until the wedding. Thank you for reading and enjoy as the story continues to unfold.