57. Leaving so soon

Eunsun: A star for the king

Eunsun opened her eyes; she was nestled against Youngmin’s bare chest with his arm wrapped around her. He was still sleeping.  She began to move to the edge of the bed to use the bathroom but the moment she lifted his arm he lowered it again as if he knew.

“Morning,” Eunsun smiled kissing him on the lips. His arm held her tighter.

“Morning,” he murmured before his eyelids fluttered open, “did an angel fall from heaven and fall in love with me?”

“I think you’re exaggerating,” Eunsun laughed as he kissed her on the side of the head.

“Mmm nope, I think I’m right,” he kissed her on the lips before moving around so he was on top of her.

“Oppa,” Eunsun laughed as he traced a hand down her abdomen.

“You were amazing last night.”

“Maybe it’s because you’re a king,” Eunsun teased as he started to kiss her on the neck. Someone rapped at the door. Youngmin quickly moved off her.

“I’ll be there in a moment,” he grabbed his pants which were in a heap on the floor putting them on. He found her night gown and tossed it to her.

“Go freshen up,” he said in her ear as she got up and went to the bathroom. He answered the door.

“Pardon me,” the bell boy said trying to look Youngmin in the eye and not his chest, “but you have a message from the palace.” He handed him a piece of paper.

“Thank you,” Youngmin said as the bell boy was on his way. Youngmin read the note:

Youngmin-ee! We have a problem!! Rumor has it someone’s coming after Eunsun-ah for whatever the reason! Get on the next flight as soon as you can and don’t leave her alone!- Eric

“Honey,” Youngmin called out perspiration starting to come on his forehead. Something was very wrong, he had that gut feeling. There was a gunshot and a scream from Eunsun.

“EUNSUN!” He rushed to the bathroom pulling the door open so hard that one of the hinges broke. She was curled on the floor, the shower door had been smashed, the glass was on the floor and he finally spotted a hole in the wall.

“Come away from the window.” Youngmin took her arm and pulled her away from the bathroom. He stood with her close to him.

“Are you hurt?” He looked her over.

“I’m fine,” she said shakily, “I was about to turn the shower on when I saw something at the window…” She clenched her fists, “someone had a gun and they were about to fire so I ducked. That’s when the gun went off.” Youngmin her head.

“You’re safe now,” he said putting his arms around her, “just get dressed and come with me to the lobby. I’ll book the next flight home alright?” She nodded.

“Good, you stay here I will check for you.” He released his embrace to explore. He went to the window and glanced out, no one was there.

“Hmm,” he picked up Eunsun’s things and went back to the main room where Eunsun was sitting on the bed, a blanket over her like a scared child. He placed her things by her hands.

“Get dressed, I’ll keep guard alright?” She let the blanket fall as she slipped off the dress. Youngmin had to look at something else in fear that his hormones would go crazy at seeing her form. Now was not the time to give in to marriage lust.

“I’m done,” he turned back; she was in a pair of red shorts and a grey t-shirt with some buttons on the sleeves.

“Ok I’d better get changed too,” he got some clothes and quickly slipped into them. Taking Eunsun’s hand firmly he led her out of the dorm to the lobby.

***

“ERIC WHY THE HELL DIDN’T YOU TELL ME THAT HER LIFE WAS IN DANGER!?”

“I’m so sorry,” Eric sounded really apologetic over the phone, “I only found out today.”

“What’s going on?”

“Well a few days ago when we called before it was because we received a message from the minister of defense here. He said to warn you about a particularly dangerous man who is part of an activist group targeted at royalty from all over the world. An anarchic cult I believe. So anyway the news was confirmed and that message was the quickest we could get it to you.”

“I don’t believe this,” Youngmin sighed, “I put her at risk by coming here.”

“No; you didn’t do that Youngmin-ee,” Eric said to him, “it’s my fault for not double checking. Listen I’ve booked you the next flight home but it won’t be leaving until five pm tonight. Stay put until five thirty. I’ve organized you to go in a bullet proof car. It’s the best that their police department can do.”

“That is fine, thank you Eric I’ll see you when we get back,” Youngmin hung up the phone. “Come,” he walked with Eunsun back to their room.

“Eunsun you’ve been quiet since it happened,” Youngmin said as he closed the door, “talk to me honey.”

“I’m sorry,” she said sinking onto the rug, “but I’m just so scared,” she began shaking again, “Youngmin…. W-what if they are really after you but I got in the way?”

“Shh,” he sat on the rug behind her. He pulled her into a back hug and she rested her head against his shoulder, “let’s not think about it alright?” Her breathing slowed down and she started to relax.

“Hey,” a smirk came to Youngmin’s face, “at least we can tell hyung that his gift came in handy.” He chuckled and he felt her laugh softly too.

“Mm,” she said as they sat there, “oppa…” Youngmin’s heart always did funny things when she called him that, “c-can you sing me something please?”

“What would you like me to sing to you?”

“I don’t mind, but I really like your voice.”

“Hmm ok… Oh I know,” he cleared his throat:

Every day and night with you
Chiisana kimino te wo nigirishimerukara
Every day every night everywhere
Tsunagaru kanshokuwo zutto tashikameyou
Ima monogatariwa... Begin

“My favorite DBSK song,” she said grinning.

“Yeah but we probably shouldn’t tell Yunho-sshi that I sing it better than him,” Youngmin joked. They sat for a while just close to each other.

***

They packed their things and went to lunch at a place close to the airport. Youngmin decided to talk about light hearted things such as her maids as well as her uncle who would be worried and Soo-yoon who would be missing them both. Eventually the time flew by and they were on their plane back to Korea.

“Thank goodness we will be home in a couple of hours,” Youngmin told her as they sat in their seat.

“Yeah, I’ve missed my uncle.”

“I bet as well as Soo-yoon and Eric.”

“Eric?” She stuck her tongue out and he laughed.

“Ok I guess not,” Youngmin closed with a hand. He examined her lips close up. He then let her go.

“This is hard,” he said with a smile, “I want us to be back in our private sanctuary already repeating history from last night.”

“Oppa is really happy about being married isn’t he?” Eunsun smirked.

“Of course,” with one finger he ran it down her neck, “I get to have this all to myself.”

“O-Oppa,” she smacked his hand away, “what if people can understand us?”

“They won’t care.”

“Unless they know who you are,” Youngmin got out of his seat to glance around but no one seemed to notice the royalty.

“You should get some rest my queen,” he said patting his shoulder for her to use.

“But what about you?”

“I will be fine,” he assured her. After much thought Eunsun lay her head down against his shoulder and was soon fast asleep. Youngmin watched her for a bit, she looked so graceful when she slept. He felt like the luckiest man in the whole world.

Their flight landed three hours later and they left the airport through a different exit. Eric was waiting for them with one of the palace’s cars. He looked tired.

“Youngmin-ee,” he hugged his friend, “good to have you back.” He then did the same for Eunsun.

“Let’s get going,” Youngmin glanced around the area paranoid, “I can’t risk anything coming close to us.”

“Sure,” Eric opened the car doors for them to get in and they drove off a moment later.

The palace was asleep when they drove in. The body guards got into place as they arrived, escorting them to the kings quarters.

“Come on Eunsun,” Youngmin nudged his wife who had begun to sleep in a chair sprawled over the table, “let’s get you to bed.” She stirred and turned. He picked her up and carried her to their bed tucking her under the blankets. He then went to turn the lights off and was about to go to bed before someone lightly knocked on the door.

“Is this a bad time?” The door opened to reveal Donggun.

“Welcome home,” he said sounding friendly for the first time in a while.

“Thanks,” Youngmin thanked him as they sat at the table.

“So how did your week of newlywed bliss go?”

“It went by too quick,” Youngmin admitted turning to look behind at the door where Eunsun’s sleeping form lay.

“Yeah it tends to feel like that,” Donggun agreed, “but we can organize you to go off for another week in another location if you prefer.”

“We’ll see how things go,” Youngmin decided.

“So,” Donggun had a knowing look on his face as well as nudging Youngmin in the side, “how was your first ever time?” It was Youngmin’s turn to crack into a grin.

“It was brilliant,” he said leaning back in his chair, “I can see why you’ve been married for so long. You’re a romantic at heart.” Donggun laughed.

“Yeah well if you had a wife like mine which no doubt you do then I guess that does help.” The king thought about Eunsun and his grin widened.

“I think so.” He said before yawning, “I should go to bed, night Donggun.”

“Night your majesty,” Donggun made his way out. A guard locked the door for Youngmin and the king went to bed. He turned his wife so she was sleeping facing him.

“Good night my queen,” he said moving closer to her before turning the lights off.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Oh dear what’s going on? Well this is where loose ends begin to get tied up again. Also please vote on this poll. It has no relation to this fanfic but it’s for another one which I plan to do as soon as this one is finished: