25. Confusion

Eunsun: A star for the king

“What?!” The girls exclaimed after Eunsun told them what happened, “he sent you away?”

 Eunsun nodded, somewhat crestfallen as she recalled it.

“B-but if he loves you then…Why is he sending you home?” Eunsun had forgotten that detail.

“Oh my goodness you’re right. Looks like this is my last night with you before I leave.” She answered sadly. They all surrounded her in a sincere group hug.

“Miss Kang,” there was a guard waiting to get her attention. “You have a message from Mr Mun.” He stepped forward handing her a piece of paper. Eunsun thanked him and read the brief note.

“Well, what does it say?” Her maids gathered around her to read.

“I am to remain at the palace for an investigation regarding the reason of the new whereabouts of the king.” Eunsun’s eyes went back to the guard. “Wait… Where is his majesty?”

“He took a plane to America a couple of hours ago.” There was gasps from around the room.

“A-America?”

“Because he left without much notice Donggun has called all those involved with his royal majesty in the past twenty four hours to have a session with the psychologist.” Eunsun blinked hard. “That is just what I was told,” the guard added before making his leave.

“This is all too strange,” Eunsun breathed, “though we didn’t part on good terms still… Was that really enough to convince him fly away like that?”

“Don’t be hard on yourself,” Seungyeon said as Nicole and Jiyoung patted her on the back, “I’m sure he will return soon and sort this out.

***

The next morning Eric made a phone call to a place he never thought he would have to. His hands were shaking from the nerves. The phone rang three times before someone picked it up.

“Why Eric I haven’t spoken to you in a long time.”

“I was hoping to keep it that way Chayune,” he retorted resentfully, “I was calling to find out if Youngmin has visited Soo-yoon yet.”

“No he isn’t coming to get her until this afternoon. He checked into a hotel, if my sources are correct and is currently sleeping off the last of his jet lag.”

Eric clutched the receiver against his ear a little tighter. “What are you doing stalking his majesty?!” He did a double take before he added, “-he’s picking up Soo-yoon?”

“Yes I just said that.”

It didn't make sense to the assistant.“Why would he- why do you even have all of this information?!”

“Can’t I know these things? He was my ex husband after all.”

“Do you know the name of the hotel he’s staying at?”

Chayune paused on the end of the line. “Yes…But I won’t give it away without getting something in return,” Eric sighed, he’d forgotten how greedy Chayune could get when she had her eye on something.

“Alright…Tell me what you need.”


***

“So how did his majesty’s leaving make you feel?” Eunsun glanced at the carpet in the room. This was the third time he’d asked her this question and she had told him the same thing before.

“I feel guilty,” she put emphasis on the ‘guilty’ hoping he would get the hint.

“Alright can you tell me why?” Now they were getting somewhere.

“Because; I feel that I did something wrong.”

“And what was it that think you did that was wrong?”

“Umm…I tried to leave the date before he dismissed me.”

“Ah so you left on your own accord.” Eunsun nodded, uncomfortable at how confrontational this had become.

“Why did you try to leave?”

“Well…He was saying something about me that wasn’t true,” she swallowed the lump in , “and I guess my feelings were hurt.”

“Ok then,” the psychologist made more notes, “now how does his majesty make you feel?” Eunsun found herself grabbing the armrests of her chair tighter.

“Well…I don’t know…”

“I think you do know,” Eunsun was trapped; though she could walk out if she wanted to, the fact was that it wouldn’t change the truth about the matter.

“He… He makes me feel… Special, appreciated and worth something.”

“Ah sounds like you have a strong attachment to him.” Eunsun didn’t say anything but nodded.

“Hmm…” The psychologist read over his notes again, “from what I’ve gathered after speaking to you it sounds like you may have strong feelings for his majesty. Is that right?” Eunsun nodded again.

“Ok…So I’m just going to say something and I want you to correct me straight away if I am wrong.”

“Umm alright.”

“You are in love with the king!” He waited for Eunsun to deny it or to stand up and leave. Instead his patient sat in her seat, looking down at her lap.

“You don’t deny this… So can I write it down that it is true or do you believe there’s something else behind it?”

“No…” Eunsun couldn’t say anymore.

“Right you may go,” Eunsun got up, feeling her energy had been drained from her.

“Thank you for your time,” Eunsun nodded and exited the room.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sorry guys this wasn’t as exciting as the last one. Bear with me until we find out what is going on.