56. The Big moment

Eunsun: A star for the king

1.     

Eunsun wanted to just go and ask Youngmin out in the open but she wanted to think otherwise. It was part of her character, not wanting to think badly of others. But what if it was true? What is he was already being unfaithful?

“Eunsun?” Youngmin had entered their room; he was on the phone, “sorry, yes that one please. Bring ice with it too.” She was still in her bed.

“Ok thank you I will see you later tonight,” he hung up the phone. The nerve of him and the fact that made it worse was that she couldn’t understand him.

“Eunsun you aren’t dressed,” he scowled as he put his phone down.

“Sorry,” she slipped out of bed face planting on the floor. She made a loud thud.

“Eunsun?!” Youngmin sounded worried, he hurried over to her as she sat up, “are you alright?” She held her nose.

“Ouch,” she groaned. He helped her stand up and took her to the table. He picked up the landline phone and dialed a number.

“Hello room service? Yes can you please bring some ice to room three, two, nine and a tea towel too? Thank you,” he hung up.

“Wait there,” he then left again picking up his phone, Eunsun did as she was told.

***

“Eric!” Youngmin exclaimed as Eric answered, “Thank God I got onto you at last!”

“What’s the matter Youngmin-ee?” Eric groaned, “it’s four am here.”

“I need your help.”

“Ok, what can I do?” He yawned.

“Is Donggun-sshi around?” Youngmin had to turn the volume down on his phone, Eric was sprouting a lot of colorful words.

“YOUNGMIN YOU CALLED ME JUST TO SPEAK TO HIM!?” Eric sighed, “don’t you have his number?”

“I forgot it,” Youngmin sheepishly told him.

“Alright I’ll give it to you,” Youngmin went back into the room and grabbed a pen and paper.

“Ok go for it.” Eric gave him the number as he went back out of the room.

“—Ok how do I know this isn’t a false number?”

“Well if the lard picks up then you know,” Eric said to him with slight sarcasm, “so what is it that I couldn’t have helped you---?”

“—Oh look I have an incoming call!”

“—Youngmin your phone doesn’t…” Youngmin pressed the end call button before Eric finished. He then dialed in Donggun’s number. It rang a few times before Donggun picked up.

“Y-your majesty what can I do for you?”

“Are you able to talk?”

“Well aside from the fact that I’ve been up late into the…Sure what can I do for you?”

“It’s about… You know.”

“Gotcha, so what’s the problem?”

“Well…I’ve got champagne prepared and the display is ready but otherwise I don’t know if there’s anything that I can do around the room to make it… Well romantic.”

“Ah you mean the love nest?” Youngmin could already feel his ears heating up, “ah that I can help with. Now listen very closely. First of all, remove all phones, televisions and other electronic devices must be removed.”

“Alright that I can do; what’s next?”

“Second of all, change the sheets to something more enticing, I suggest satin but stay away from animal prints because not everyone likes them.”

“Ok so change the bedding.”

“Third, get a nice rug in there.”

“Why would I need a rug?”

“In case you would rather do it on the—“

“Alright, alright get a rug ok.”

“Fourth, place candles around the area. Scented ones are preferred.”

“Wait… Donggun how do you know all this?”

“Well I am married…. And I looked in a women’s magazine,” Youngmin smirked.

“Alright so far it’s, remove electronics, satin sheets, a rug, candles…”

“Also remove clutter it looks bad and may ruin the mood.”

“Ok, anything else.”

“Add your own special touch to it. Is there anything that you can think of that she will like?”

“Hmm….” Youngmin got an idea, “I think so.”

“Good, once you do these things then you’re set. Good luck big boy!” Donggun hung up before Youngmin could protest. He dialed the hotel lobby number.

“Hello? Yes this is Youngmin-sshi here. I would like you to come to room three, two, nine and to change the bedding to some satin sheets if you have any. Also please put in there twenty eight scented candles all variety, a drape canopy on the bed, a shag rug please and a bouquet of tulips in your best vase. Finally please clean it up and make it look presentable and remove all clocks, televisions etc.” He nodded to something one of them said, “yes I can stay out of their at two and be out until eight pm. Alright thank you.” He hung up a grin on his face. Now he had to find a way to get Eunsun out of the room while he arranged the other things.

***

He entered the room all of a sudden, Eunsun was only wrapped in a towel. She clasped the top of it with her hand.

“Y-Youngmin,” she stammered.

“Would you like to go shopping for a few hours?” He asked keeping his eyes level, “I’ll lend you some money and get a taxi driver to take you around some of the best places.”

“Um,” she put both her hands both against the bench, “O-Ok.”

“Good,” Youngmin reached into his pocket and took out his wallet, “how much would you like?”

“Y-Youngmin t-there’s something I need to ask—“

“Is three thousand enough?” Eunsun stared at Youngmin, he was holding the money out.

“More?” He opened his wallet again.

“No!” She said stopping him. She walked over to him a hand holding her towel up. He placed it in her hand and closed her fingers over it.

“I’ve got some things to do at two so let’s go have brunch now until then ok?” He reached for the towel but Eunsun stepped back.

“Is my wife shy of me?”

“Well…. My physique may not be as nice as you expected,” Eunsun said in a small voice.

“Don’t be silly,” Youngmin found it hard to believe, “you’re just self conscious.”

“I’m going to get dressed,” she rushed to her suitcase, took out the first things she touched and went to the bathroom door locking it. Youngmin let out a sigh. What did he do to make her pull away from him?

***

“How was that food?” Youngmin asked as they finished eating and waited for the bill.

“It was nice,” Eunsun was quiet.

“Eunsun what’s going on? Since that fight well we’ve… Been distant.”

“Maybe then you should just tell me,” Youngmin folded his arms.

“Tell you what?” He demanded.

“Who that person was that you were making a phone call to the other day—“

“Eunsun that is in the past—“

“Really,  because the secrecy sure hasn’t stopped,” Youngmin breathed through his nose.

“Eunsun, you are queen yes but that doesn’t mean—“

“--JUST SAY HER NAME!” Youngmin stopped, other dining guests stopped too.

“Just tell me who she is and what she does,” Eunsun said not as loud but with frustration. Youngmin scratched the back of his neck. A waiter came with the bill. Youngmin placed a credit card on it.

“I have to go now. We will talk when we meet for dinner. Don’t forget six pm; there will be a taxi that will pick you up.” He leaned in to kiss her but she turned her head so he only got her cheek.

“Bye,” he then walked off leaving Eunsun trembling. She grabbed a napkin to dab her leaking eyes. A honeymoon wasn’t meant to be like this.

***

Eunsun went around the largest chain of shops trying on everything that the assistants recommended to her. She was thankful that she was able to communicate in her limited English.

“E-excuse me,” she asked one of them as they put her final purchase in the bag, “but what is the time?” The lady pointed to the clock. It was four thirty.

“Thank you,” she took the bag and went to the taxi bay.

“Are you Eunsun?” A taxi driver asked her. She pointed at herself before nodding.

“I’m to take you back and then to dinner.”

“OK,” she followed him to his car and got in. They drove in to the hotel and pulled up to the lobby. Eunsun thanked him and went in.

“Ah excuse me miss,” a bell boy stopped her.

“What’s wrong?”

“You can’t go in your room right now?”

“Why not?”

“It’s being cleaned,” he was lying but Eunsun didn’t know.

“Really?” She slumped her shoulders, “ok what do I do? I need to get ready for dinner I have...” She glanced at the clock, “an hour.”

“Come with me we have a room,” the bell boy made Eunsun follow him to the second floor where he opened the door for her. To her surprise she saw her luggage and other belongings in a corner of the room. Her heart ached. It must have been true then, things must be ending with Youngmin if she was staying here alone.

“Forgive me God,” she said sadly as she put her luggage down and took out some possible outfits to wear for the night. She chose a yellow dress that was rather conservative, some brown wedges and gold hoop earrings. For her hair she left it down, she didn’t feel like doing anything to it even though it would be the last time that she would dress up for him. Someone knocked on the door.

“Eunsun? Your lift’s here.” She nodded and grabbed a purse and followed him out of the room to the lobby where the driver was waiting.

“You’re in for a treat,” he winked. That just made it harder for her. Just something to make the memory of his betrayal even more engraved into her head.

***

After forty five of minutes in a taxi they arrived at their destination. Eunsun could smell sea salt and hear the sound of sea gulls.

“Where are we?” She asked as the taxi driver closed her door.

“Beside the Bohol Ocean,” he gestured with his hand to a restaurant on the edge of a ledge with the ocean looking out.

“I believe you are meant to go there,” he said and she nodded.

“Thank you,” she began to walk to the place. Inside it was simple interior, small leafy plants in pots and small lights hung around a large beam.

“Eunsun,” the waitress said, “come with me.” Surprised Eunsun followed her to the end where Youngmin was standing waiting; he was dressed up in a suit with a waist coat.

“Thank you,” he said to her putting the menu on their table before leaving. Youngmin pulled her chair out for her.

“Thank you,” she said unable to look him in the eye.

“What do you think?” He asked as they looked out over the water at the sunset.

“It’s lovely,” Youngmin sighed. Even the beautiful view didn’t seem to make a difference.

“Your water,” a waiter said placing glasses on the table, “the food will be out shortly.”

“Thank you,” then it was silence for ten minutes.

***

“Why are you being so difficult?” Youngmin asked.

“Because; you aren’t being honest with me.”

“Honest about what?”

“That you are having an affair—“

“Here’s your food,” the waiter cut her off. He placed their plates of lobster and chicken salad in front of them.

“Your champagne will be along shortly,” Eunsun’s head jolted up right.

“Thank you,” Youngmin ignored Eunsun who just sat in surprise.

“Close your mouth,” Youngmin retorted as he put his serviette in his lap, “you’re a queen remember.” She did as she was told with a frown.

“Champagne,” the waiter came back with the bottle in a bucket of ice. He took the cork off and poured some into the tall glass for both of them.

“Cheers,” Youngmin tried to lighten the mood. They clinked glasses and sipped it.

“Oh look,” Youngmin pointed out to the water, shapes were coming out of the water and jumping into the air and then back down.

“Dolphins,” Eunsun watched them as they made their screeches in delight as they landed again. They ate their food while watching the dolphins.

“Thank you,” Youngmin put his credit card on the bill, “let’s go.”

“Where to?”

“Dessert is elsewhere.” He said taking her hand and leading her out of the restaurant. They went around the left side of the restaurant to the beach. Eunsun gasped in the sand written in Hangeul was the words:

Youngmin loves Eunsun forever and a day

There was a checkered picnic rug beside it with some items on it.

“W-what is this?” She asked as they began to walk down.

“Whoa!” She wobbled in her shoes.

“Uh oh,” Youngmin saw her descend and he wrapped an arm around her. They fell onto the sand.

“Time to ditch the shoes?” He asked, the sky was getting darker. He took his shoes off while Eunsun struggled with the buckle.

“Hold these,” he handed her his shoes before scooping her up in his arms bridal style. He carried her down to the rug. There was two candles in jars that lit up their private area as well as two plates of a cake, champagne in a bucket and strawberries dipped in chocolate of different shades in a large bowl.

“Strawberries,” she said as they sat down by their dessert.

“It goes with the champagne,” Youngmin said pouring her a glass of the bubbly. Eunsun bit into a white chocolate dipped strawberry. It was ripe and juicy; the sweetness of the chocolate made it that more better.

“If I’m correct,” Eunsun began as she drank some of the champagne, “you’re trying to get me drunk.”

“Nope,” Youngmin ate his cake before putting his plate down, “but I’ve heard that alcohol helps with… Particular things.” Eunsun was speechless.

“Not here,” he quickly added pushing hair away from her face, “but soon.” He kissed her on the cheek and moved his mouth around her jaw line before placing a deep one on her lips.

“Mm…” She couldn’t speak as her eyes closed. They pulled apart.

“I thought,” Eunsun’s eyes were full of tears, “that you were having an affair…”

“You babo,” Youngmin caught her falling tears with his thumbs, “after only being married to you for a week? I would never do that to you, not now not ever.” Eunsun smiled through her crying.

“I love you so much,” Youngmin her cheeks.

“I love you too,” Eunsun replied as he came in for another kiss. It began to get more intense and Eunsun found herself lying down on the sand, his arms around her waist and his on her neck. Youngmin’s phone suddenly went off.

“Ah it must be time,” he said lifting himself off her and helping her up, “the magic continues but at home.”

“Alright,” Eunsun agreed as they stood up. Youngmin scooped her up again, carrying her to the land where they walked to their taxi.

***

The taxi arrived at their place at eight thirty where the couple went in.

“Hold on,” Youngmin picked her up again.

“I can walk,” Eunsun laughed as he carried her to the lift and then carried her from the lift to their room. Eunsun and Youngmin both found themselves in awe. It was clear, the clocks, television and phone was all gone. It was clear and the furniture had been moved away to give more space. Two large drapes were hung over the bed in a deep red, the covers for the pillows and the sheet was a satin red with gold flower embroidered on it. The room was lit with purple, orange and white scented candles placed around giving a faint glow. They filled the air with the smell of cinnamon and roasted apple, jasmine and orange. A large beige shag rug was on the floor by the bed.

“Oh Youngmin,” Eunsun wrapped an arm around him leaning her head against his shoulder, “it’s beautiful.”

“You mean that?”

“Of course,” she said realizing he was teasing her. He kissed her on the forehead before going for her lips again. She let him kiss her for longer.

“W-wait,” she suddenly thought of something, “s-shouldn’t I get changed into something else?”

“Another time,” Youngmin said taking his jacket off and then his waist coat. He began to his shirt, “now to the bed!” He extended his arm out like going into battle. Eunsun laughed at his humor before he started to kiss her again. They circled around the floor before landing on the rug.

“Here?” Youngmin raised his eyebrows as his hands pushed the straps of her dress down.

“Honey… There’s a zip.”

“I knew that,” he patted the bed, “here please.” She knelt on the bed pushing the hair away for him to see. He found the zip and slowly pulled it down, gently her back as it was revealed for the first time.

“You have a lovely shape,” he murmured kissing her on the shoulder blade. She flinched but let him touch her. He continued to his shirt as Eunsun slowly removed the dress and was in her underwear.

“Nice choice,” Youngmin complimented seeing it was black, “shame it has to come off.” Eunsun laughed as he pushed her onto the bed now shirtless starting to kiss her again.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

My gosh you have no idea how tough it was writing it without…. Ahem never mind. I hope I didn’t stimulate you guys too much (seriously I’m trying to keep it PG LOL) thanks for waiting for this update. I have been very slow so I apologise for a late update. My family has had a big week so I only started to write a day ago. At least this chapter is long it should help.