36. Temptation

Eunsun: A star for the king

“Eunsun-sshi,” Eunsun turned around in her seat to the servant who had handed her a letter.

“Thank you,” she thanked him as she went back to her dinner.

“Is it your uncle again?” Eric asked as he put some of the food in his mouth. Donggun lifted his head in interest but his wife eyed him warily so he ignored this. Eunsun put the envelope in her pocket.

“So Youngmin-ee,” Eric finished his food as he sat opposite his boss and friend, “where is it we will be going for your birthday week?” This was the first time Eunsun had heard about it.

“Oh right you have no idea,” Eric wiped his mouth as he leaned back in his chair, “well from the twenty second of December until the first of January Youngmin-ee takes his family and they spend a week in a part of Korea. It was a tradition that his father started when he took the throne. Usually it was just him with Chayune and Soo-yoon but last year he had to stay here due to…Legal matters.” They didn’t want to talk about it.

“We’re going to go to Gwanju,” Youngmin said to her, “If you would like…You and your uncle can join us.”

“Thank you I will see if he’s free,” Eunsun smiled as Donggun and his wife finished eating.

***

Eunsun was getting ready for bed when one of her maids knocked on the door, “Eunsun-ee you have a visitor.” She was going to ask who as she went to see but then she found she didn’t have to.

“HoDong-ah,” she was speechless as she tightened the string on her dressing gown.

“We need to talk,” he told her solemnly. She nodded.

“Let me get changed first,” she added going to put on something more decent. She emerged in some track pants and a large jacket.

“I’m sorry to barge in here at such a late time,” HoDong began as they walked around the garden edge, “but I don’t want people to get a hold of the information. Who knows what they would do with it if they knew.”

“My parents…” Eunsun didn’t feel like having him beat around the bush, “where are they?”

“They are in Gwanju,” Eunsun stopped walking, her uncle kept going. He stopped and looked behind at her.

“Gwanju?” She asked him, “That’s where the king wants us to go on his holiday.”

“Really; when does he want to go and what do you mean us?”

“He invited us to spend the week with him, Soo-yoon, Eric-ee and Donggun-sshi with his wife in whichever location he prefers for a week. It’s because it’s his birthday and Christmas in the same week.”

“Oh yes of course,” HoDong hit himself in the forehead, “hmm…I think I have an opening that week. I will have to double check though.”

“Please do,” Eunsun realized how selfish she sounded then, “sorry…” She felt ashamed, “please forgive me for my impatience…”

“You’re forgiven,” HoDong said hugging her, “I’ve been wanting some answers too. However the person whom I found this out from did not want to reveal anything until we meet him.” Eunsun nodded.

“Parents?” The niece and uncle jumped.Youngmin was watching them with interest, “do you mean you’ve found your mum and dad?”

“We think so,” HoDong in before Eunsun could do anything, “we have to go and find out.”

“Ah huh,” Youngmin nodded, “well I guess you can spend a day there if you want when we go.”

“I’m looking forward to it,” HoDong then went to his niece, “I’ll leave you two to talk.”

“HoDong-ah you don’t…”

“It’s alright, we can talk more later on,” he kissed her on the forehead before having a brief handshake with Youngmin.

“So you and your Uncle will be coming with us to Gwanju?” Eunsun nodded.

“Good, it will be nice spending Christmas together…” He lost his smile as he watched his fiancée, “something is bothering you isn’t it?”

“Oh no I’m sorry Youngmin-ee…” She tried to leave but he blocked her.

“You can call me oppa, we are engaged after all.”

“Alright, oppa…” She was cut off by him pressing his lips against hers. She closed her eyes as the kiss lengthened. He pulled away, the end of the kiss noise sounding.

“Oppa,” Eunsun said in a dreamy tone, “you told me we weren’t allowed.”

“I know, but it’s been so long since I last kissed you…Do you know how hard it is for me to not want to grab you almost every moment we’re together just to kiss you and not to…” His face got redder and Eunsun giggled.

“Oppa has a dirty mind.”

“It’s not like I was going to say push you to the ground and…” The air became awkward. For a minute they couldn’t look each other in the eye.

“Sorry,” Youngmin murmured.

“It’s alright…I actually missed it too,” Eunsun bashfully confessed her eyes sparkling at him. Youngmin wanted to do it again but he took a slow, deep breath as he restrained himself.

“We will be leaving in a week from today.”

“Ok I will let HoDong-ah know.”

“That’s good, goodnight,” Youngmin went to part but then he pivoted on his foot back to Eunsun.

“Oh what the heck,” he said clasping Eunsun’s cheeks pulling her towards him. Eunsun shut her eyes as their lips touched again. A slow heat began to rise from their bodies as passion was starting to emerge from the shadows.

“Ok,” Youngmin pulled away, ‘”that was a bad idea.” Touching her lips from the kiss Eunsun nodded.

“Goodnight,” she said leaving before she felt the urge to do the same thing.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hehehe you guys probably loved this though you know that when people get ‘hot’ that they should probably separate incase anything else happens. Next chapter they will go to Gwanju and we will find out what happened to Eunsun’s parents.