33. Lights, camera...Action?

Eunsun: A star for the king

“Omo when and where are they?!” Nicole reached for the note but Gyuri held it out of her reach.

“It doesn’t mention that,” she said flatly. They looked at their boss who they’d finally managed to bring back to her suite and have her seated on a chair.

“Then what does it say?” Nicole whined to her unnie.

“It says, to my sweet Eunsun. Our prayers have finally been answered for I was able to find where your mother and father are as well as my hyung. When I have an opening between bookings I will take you to them I promise. I send my love HoDong-ee.”

“Great,” Nicole slumped against the table.

“Eunsun-ee?” Jiyoung placed a cup of tea in front of her, “you should drink this.”

“Thank you Jiyoung-ah,” she reached out for the cup but had to resign for her hand was shaking.

“Why are you so frightened?” Seungyeon asked, “You should be happy that you know where they are now…”

“Yes but it’s not that we’ve found them that concern me…It’s what may have been found…” The maids all looked at each other.

“You mean…Maybe they left because they didn’t want you?” Eunsun made a feeble nod.

“That’s ridiculous,” Gyuri alarmed her dongsaengs, “who wouldn’t want you? You are perfect!”

“Gyuri-ee be careful what you say…” Eunsun said in a low warning tone.

“Eunsun-sshi?” They looked to the door, a servant was standing there.

“You are to go to meeting room four where the his majesty is with Eric-sshi.”

“I have to go,” Eunsun went for the door after the servant.

“But you aren’t yourself,” Jiyoung said worried about her, “what if they think you’re sick?”

“I’ll be fine,” she gave them all a faint smile, “I don’t have to show that something’s on my mind.”

“Yeah but they may see through it,” Gyuri muttered while the door closed behind Eunsun.

***

“Ah here she is,” Eric bowed to Eunsun before she did the same back. She went to Youngmin bowing to her before he took her hand in his.

“So let’s get this over with,” Youngmin said as he and Eunsun sat opposite Eric.

“Aright, here’s the list of questions they are likely to ask.”

“Questions, what is he talking about…?”

“KBS wants to interview you two next Thursday night. It’s a prerecorded broadcast so it will be playing after Inkigayo on Sunday night.”

“I-Interview…?” Youngmin squeezed her hand.

“I thought it would be alright, the public does not know much about their future queen because of the confidentiality agreements signed with particular media and news broadcasters.”

“I agreed with it too,” Eric assured a worried Eunsun, “the public will love you more when they learn who you are.”

“Well…” Eunsun had to ponder on it for a moment, “I guess it is alright.”

“Excellent, I will leave you two to look over them.” Eric bowed after getting out of his chair and left the room.

“How many…” Youngmin chuckled.

“What is it?” Eunsun peered at the almost never ending list of questions.

“They want to know how many children we would like to have.”

“Oh,” Eunsun covered in embarrassment.

“Good question,” Youngmin added, “what do you think?”

“Huh?”

“How many should we have….My queen?” Eunsun flushed at him calling her: ‘queen’.

“Well…I’m not really that bothered…”

“So ten?”

“Ten?!”

“I’m joking,” Youngmin laughed touching her on her back, “but three or four would be ideal.”

“Ok then,” Youngmin leaned forward in his seat, examining her face for a second.

“Are you alright?” Eunsun nodded.

“Yes I’m fine.”

“Hmmm,” his hand left her back and went to her hand which he squeezed, “ok I’ll trust your word then.”

“So have we looked—Oh am I interrupting?” Youngmin’s head moved to Eric who was watching them. He jumped.

“Y-yes,” Eunsun had yet to read them.

“What about you Eunsun-ee?” Eric raised his eyebrows.

“Umm actually, is it alright if I read over them later?”

“Of course, you can keep that with you if you would like. You still have a day to go over them.”

“I know but…”

“So relax, read them and think over the questions,” Eunsun nodded as Youngmin gave her the paper.

“Oh… Do we know who will be interviewing us?”

“Ah yes….” Eric flicked through a pile of papers on his desk, “I believe…It is a Hallyu star.”

“Female or male?” Youngmin asked while Eunsun sat there with slightly open.

“Umm she’s from….A girl group I believe….Girls generation.”

“Omo,” they turned to Eunsun.

“Do you know them?”

“Well….I might like some of their songs….”

“That’s good, you two will have a lot to talk about then,” Eric said as they got up to leave.

“Eunsun-ee,” Youngmin began as they walked down the hall, “would you like to accompany me to dinner tonight?”

“Thank you the invite but I think I may have a night in.” She felt terrible as she saw his disappointed expression.

“Oh,” he made a brave smile, “that’s ok. I will see you before the recording I have an errand in the city tomorrow which may take a while. I’ll be checking out the church where we’ll be having the ceremony.”

“Wow,” Eunsun smiled at the delight, “I can’t wait to see what it will be like.”

“I can’t either,” Youngmin moved around so he was facing her head on. He looked as if he wanted to do something but he had to make do with touching her cheek with a hand.

“Good night,” he said before making his leave.

“Good night,” Eunsun whispered understanding how he must have felt for she wanted something more too.

***

Eunsun looked over the questions as she sat up in her bed. A lot of them were things that Youngmin would be able to answer but there were some where she would be expected to answer. What she liked most about his majesty, something she was looking forward to as a part of married life; these were some of the things that only she could tell. It didn’t help that she was wondering when she would meet her parents. HoDong had made no indication of when he would be taking her to them and where they would be going. She wondered if Youngmin or Eric had been told anything by him or if they’d been left in the dark.

The day of the recording came and they drove to the television studio. There was a large crowd by the entrance with signs and banners all for the king. Some even waved Korea’s flag.

“Ok who told them that you were coming?” Donggun sighed as he got out of the car to come around and open the door for the couple. The door opened for them and Youngmin was the first to step out dressed in a dark blue dress shirt with dark jeans and black lace up shoes. The crowd went wild and began yelling and cheering for him. He briefly waved before letting out Eunsun and the crowd cheered even more. She was definitely radiating the air of a princess or of royalty to be in her three quarter sleeved, v necked beige maxi dress with a simple leaf pendant and some gold dangly leaf earrings to match. She wasn’t use to heels though but the brown wedged boots they’d put her in were easy to walk in compared to stilettos. The only downfall was that the top of her dress was hidden by her leather jacket for it was winter and it was cold.

“Ah your majesty,” the president of the studio bowed to them as he greeted them at the door, “would you like something to eat or drink before we get started?” Youngmin glanced at Eunsun.

“I’m fine thank you, what about you?” He asked Eunsun politely.

“If I could please just have a tea,” she said with a smile, “chamomile to help my nerves.”

“Of course, I will have that sent to your dressing room.”

“Thank you,” the president went off while two stylists approached them.

“Looks like we have to part ways,” Youngmin said in a mockingly dramatic voice making her laugh.

“It won’t be forever,” she answered as the stylists took them to their changing rooms. Eunsun was given a pink chiffon blouse and a black pencil skirt as well as some black boots to wear as her outfit for the camera. She also had to take off the jewelry and was given some silver bangles to wear on her right arm. The makeup was BB cream that was glossy, simple mascara and a light brown eye shadow just to emphasize her eyes as well as a light red lipstick.

When her hair had been put in slight curls she was taken to the studio where there was a bright spot light situated behind her. Youngmin had just arrived and was looking handsome in his black shirt with the top button undone and trousers. He was getting extra powder on his nose and cheek bones.

“We’re done,” the makeup artist said stepping aside.

“You look lovely,” Youngmin said to Eunsun as he quickly gave her a hug.

“We need you to take a seat,” someone wired with a microphone told them leading them to the chairs where someone was getting the final touches done. Eunsun couldn’t believe her eyes; in front of her in the flesh was one of the most beautiful girls from a girl group. She was in a red tunic shirt with black leggings showing her long shapely legs. Her hair was pinned to the side and had a small pearl necklace and earrings.

“Choi Sooyoung-sshi this is his majesty Youngmin-sshi and his fiancée Kang Eunsun-sshi.” Sooyoung got off her chair, her height alarming Eunsun for a moment as she bowed to them.

“It’s lovely to meet you,” she said grinning.

“I-I-I…”

“She’s happy too,” Youngmin told her as they laughed, poor Eunsun was star struck.

“Take a seat and we will begin.” They sat down and Sooyoung was given the cue to talk.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Whoa another long chapter again. For some reason normally it’s hard for me to write long chapters (for me long is over two pages) but with this one the opposite occurs. Which is why the actual interview will take place in the next chapter because trust me, it will be long. I also have 5 subscribers so yay!