31. Beasts with a Beauty

Eunsun: A star for the king

“Now how many people are we to cater for?” HoDong asked the couple as a servant handed him the seating arrangements. He counted them in his head, “ah ok two hundred and fifty I can do.”

“Two hundred and fifty?” Youngmin looked at Eunsun in surprise, “honey you only invited fifty people?”

“Well… I don’t have a large family,” Eunsun admitted, “beside uncle there is just my grandparents and two of my uncles cousins with their partners and their two or one child so that is only eight people in my family. The other people are some previous members of the catering team that I was close with, a few friends I still keep in contact with from school, a kind elderly lady whose flower shop I would visit to get inspiration from and so that’s why there’s only fifty people.”

“Hmm,” Youngmin thought for a moment, “why not I only invite that amount of people as well?”

“Youngmin-ee,” Eunsun began, “it’s alright. You shouldn’t have to not invite royal officials and other royalty from across the world just to make our list of guests even. It isn’t fair to them.”

“But what can we do about this other table and a half that will be empty?”

“Ahem,” they turned to Eric who had cleared his throat, “I’ve bought you the contact details for Cube Entertainment.”

“Thank you,” Eunsun accepted the piece of paper gratefully, “can you please do me another favour?”

“Sure, anything,” Eric said as he waited.

“Can you call them and ask for an appointment with their president?” Youngmin, HoDong looked at Eunsun in confusion.

“Of course…What is the reason?”

“I was hoping to give an invitation to them,” she said smiling, “see what you can do. I appreciate it.”

“Ok I’ll be back in a bit,” Eric bowed and left. Youngmin put an arm around Eunsun.

“You…” He was about to move in when HoDong coughed.

“Oh excuse me,” he said getting up, “shall I assume that we will have more guests to come?” Eunsun nodded.

“Oh I know how we can get ninety nine more people for my tables.”

“Ninety nine exactly?”

“Yes, but I will have to get Eric to contact them because I don’t know their details.”

“Who?”

“The previous candidates,” Youngmin smiled at Eunsun rubbing her arm with his hand.

“What a kind thought,” HoDong said, “I’ll come back at the end of the week when I’ve finished catering for that twenty first birthday.” He kissed Eunsun on the forehead.

“Stay safe my child.”

“See you,” Youngmin said extending a hand to him which he shook.

“Ok,” Eric came back, “I have him on hold. He wants to know the purpose of the visit.”

“I would like to invite one of his groups to come perform at the reception and even be invited guests to the ceremony.” This surprised Eric.

“Ok, which group?”

“I think their name is Beast.”

***

“Alright we’re here,” Eric shifted in his seat, glaring at Donggun who didn’t want to be there either.

“Tell me why you came again?!” Eunsun nudged Eric in the side hoping he would not get angry.

“I told you, I have to take care of some legal and other disclaimers that may result if I don’t deal with them.”

“Fine,” Eric folded his arms as they got out of the car. They walked straight to the building and into the lobby where the secretary almost jumped out of her seat.

“Omo…Y-you’re the future queen!”

“How many people already know?” Donggun asked sarcastically. The news had been made official a while ago but the press coverage had been limited to nothing. Shaking she held up a newspaper. Eunsun saw her photo shoot picture on the front, ‘King chooses Simple beauty for next Queen.’

“Well…That is the worst headline I’ve ever seen,” Donggun said taking the newspaper and ripping it in half.

“Donggun-sshi this isn’t the time or place…” Eric growled sensing tension as the security guards in the building had mental stand offs with the few guards selected to accompany them.

“We’re here to see the president about a personal request,” Eunsun said politely. The stunned secretary went through her computer.

“Ah it’s here at ten am…” She looked at the clock behind her.

“Oh,” she picked up the phone and pressed some buttons.

“President Hong? Her royal highness is here. Alright I’ll do that,” she hung up and turned back to them, “he says you may go in,” Eunsun nodded as a guard approached them. Donggun stood between them as if he was a threat. Eunsun heard Eric sigh out of irritation.

“Come with me,” he said in a gruff voice. Eunsun obeyed as Donggun went before her with Eric taking up the rear.

***

As they went to the office Eunsun checked herself as they passed a mirror. She was dressed in a pair of white trousers with a peach chiffon shirt that had a v-neck and elastic around the waist. Her only accessories were the ring, a gold bracelet on her right wrist and some small gold studs in the shape of love hearts. Her hair was down and sitting in simple waves. The guard opened the door and a man at the desk stood up walking over to them. He bowed low to Eunsun and extended a hand to her. She gave him one after checking with Eric that it was alright.

“It’s an honor to have the future queen here at my company,” he said bashfully, “I am the president Hong of Cube Entertainment.”

“It’s lovely to meet you,” Eunsun told him, “I believe you know why I am here.”

“Ah yes you wanted to speak to my group Beast.” Hong nodded taking his jacket, “I am to introduce you to them. Please come with me.” Eunsun followed him as he showed her to the door and down the hall to another room. Her two acquaintances followed. They heard nervous talk behind the door of several male voices. Hong knocked on the door and someone opened it.

“Ah Jungmo-sshi,” Hong said, “Jungmo-sshi I would like to introduce you to the king’s fiancée and future queen Kang Eunsun. Jungmo-sshi is Beast’s manager.”

“How do you do?” Eunsun said bowing to him. Speechless the round jawed serious faced manager replied, “w-well thank you. Please come in,” he said something to the guys as the door opened wider for her. As they entered the nicely furbished room six guys stood up and bowed to her as low as they went.

“Hello we are soo beast!” They did their signature pose and Eunsun smiled.

“Hello it’s nice to meet you,” their mouths dropped open as they watched her. Their manager put his hand under his chin to lift his jaw shut and they quickly did as they were told as they sat down with Eunsun sitting opposite them with Eric and Donggun on her left and right. They were dressed in jeans with button up shirts and either a tie or bow tie.

“How have you been?” Eunsun asked them smiling in the hopes of easing the tension.

“We’re good,” they said not all at the same time. Their manager had eye contact with one of the guys who seemed to have an intense expression. He bit his lip before he bowed in his chair to Eunsun.

“I am Yong Doojoon, the leader of Beast.” He said finding it hard to keep eye contact.

“Doojoon-ee,” Eunsun began, “it’s nice to meet you.”

“I’m Yang Yoseob-ee,” one of them mentioned who had a happy-go impression in his appearance, “I do lead vocals.”

“I’m Yong Junhyung,” another said with a deep voice, “the rapper.”

“My name is Lee Gikwang,” one with the biggest lips said, “I’m lead dancer,” he said with an eye-smile.

“I’m Jang Hyunseung,” another said his voice slightly higher pitched than Junhyung’s, “I do vocals too.” Eunsun nodded.

“And I’m Son Dongwoon the magnae,” Dongwoon said last with a mischievous grin as he added, “and the most handsome.”

“Yah,” the other members began to hit him while their manager had the hard task of separating them.

“Stop it! You’re in the presence of royalty.” He hissed. President Hong looked ashamed.

“I apologise—“

“Oh no it’s alright,” Eunsun assured him, ‘they’re young boys. They will always be playing around even as adults.” As she said this she eyed Eric and Donggun as if to say ‘stay in line.’

“Why don’t you explain to them why you are here?” Eric quickly added as the boys calmed down and sat still.

“Of course,” Eunsun nodded as she went back to the six boys, “I’ve heard a lot about your group. You six are all very talented in singing and dancing and rapping.”

“Thank you,” they all said in unison bowing.

“Which brings me to the reason why I’m here,” a smile came across her face, “I would like to personally invite all of you to perform a few songs at the wedding reception.” Their faces lit up with surprise.

“Omo,” they all began to say. President Hong took in a breath.

“Well…I don’t know what to say.”

“Also,” Eunsun continued, “I will be inviting you and your president as well as your manager here to attend the ceremony as guests.”

“OMO!” Their exclamations got louder and more excited. Suddenly Doojoon got up from his chair and went on his knees bowing to Eunsun. The other five quickly followed suit and soon Eunsun was looking at six bent over guys.

“Thank you,” Doojoon added as he sat up straight.

“Thank you very much,” the other five added quickly.

“You’re welcome,” Eunsun replied laughing as they got back into their seats.

“B-but are you sure?” President Hong asked her.

“That’s why Donggun-sshi is here,” Eunsun dipped her head once at him, “he’s going to run through some of the legal requirements and what not so that we can make this possible.” Donggun took his cue to stand up and walk over to the president.

“Let’s begin,” he said as the door closed. The members of Beast all looked uncomfortable until Gikwang put up a hand.

“Can I say something?” He asked looking at his manager who turned to Eunsun.

“Of course,” she said friendly.

“You’re very pretty.” Eunsun was caught off guard; the guys eyed him angrily while he sat in his seat happily.

“T-thank you for that.”

“Yah we all think you are,” Dongwoon said and the guys him. “What? It wasn’t like you were going to admit it!”

“Which of our songs do you like?” Yoseob asked hoping to change the topic.

“Well I like Oasis; I like you the best and beautiful. Actually I was hoping you would perform those songs at the reception.”

“We would be honored to,” Doojoon told her his gaze not as intense as before, “will there be any other groups performing?”

“Oh I was hoping Eric’s old group Shinhwa would be part…”

“What?!” They all spun around to an alarmed Eric.

“Eunsun-ee; when were you going to tell me about this?!” He whined like a child.

“I’m sorry Eric-sshi it slipped my mind,” Eunsun apologized, “and my maids also have agreed to sing for me.”

“Your maids?” Hyunseung asked with curiosity, “are they a group too?”

“They were,” Eunsun said, “but it looks like fate has given them another path for the time being.”

“Are they pretty?” They all began hitting Dongwoon.

“Aish you’re being too out spoken,” Doojoon sighed as the guys withdrew their hits.

“I think they all are,” Eunsun told them amused at their antics, “I think you will like them too.”

“Two more questions,” Eric was looking at his watch for the time. Junhyung shyly put up a hand.

“Eunsun-sshi…I’ve heard that one of your maids has the last name Goo. Is that right?” The guys startled to wolf whistle.

“That is correct,” Eunsun nodded with a grin.

“Is she…Is she well?” He asked while the humiliation got wilder.

“She’s very good, thank you,” Eunsun told him. He nodded relieved at her answer.

“One more,” Eric added. It was Yoseob’s turn to ask.

“Yoseob-sshi what can I do for you?”

“C-can…Can I call you noona?”

“What?!” Some of the guys asked, “then can we call you queen noona?” Eunsun laughed as she nodded.

“Of course, I’m not into informalities that much so you may call me queen noona if you want. It will be our special thing,” her wink at the end of this made the guys flustered and having to jokingly fan themselves.

“We should go,” Eric tapped her on the back. Eunsun got up just as Beast did to bow a good bye.

“Thank you for inviting us,” Doojoon told her, “We will practice hard for you.”

“Thank you I look forward to it. Until then stay happy and healthy all of you.”

“We will,” they said delighted. They waved bye to her as the door was closed behind her.

“They are such children,” Eric chuckled as they went back to the lobby where Donggun was running things through with the President.

“They are still young,” Eunsun reminded him, “but I think Hara-ee will be delighted to see Junhyung-sshi again.”

“Who?” Eric asked as Donggun shook hands with the president and joined them again.

“Wait and see,” Eunsun beamed happily as they left.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Holy fudge this chapter wasn’t meant to be as big! LOL anyway hope we are pleased with this.