60. Guilty as charged

Eunsun: A star for the king

The ambulance arrived exactly in the amount of time that Eric had said. The paramedics got out a stretcher as the guests were escorted out of the building.

“Miss you have to let him go,” one of them said gently.

“No…” Eunsun shook her head, “UNCLE!”

“Eunsun,” Eric crouched beside her, “they can take care of him. They will be able to help him. You’ll see.”

“Eric…” Her voice was rasp from crying, “what if he doesn’t make it? What if…?” She couldn’t take it anymore so she held her head down. Eric un-hooked her arms off HoDong and the paramedics took Hodong to the stretcher. Youngmin finished answering the last question for the police. He glanced at Eunsun’s maids who were watching their mistress with TVXQ. Yunho seemed upset.

“Sorry to break up the party,” Youngmin said to them, “Yunho-sshi may I speak with you alone?” Surprised he limply nodded as Youngmin walked away with him, they were almost the same height.

“Yunho are you having a hard time being here?”

“So you saw,” Yunho said making the sides of his mouth curve into an ‘almost’ smile, “well it’s because I was once in a similar situation; except I was the one poisoned.”

“I’m sorry to hear that,” Youngmin patted him on the back, “if you want I can send you and your band mate an home.”

“No it’s fine,” Yunho shook his head, “I want to stay here; for noona and her uncle. He’s really nice.”

“Alright then,” Youngmin told him, “thank you it means a lot to me as her husband.” They returned to the scenario. Eunsun was crying in Eric’s lap.

“Youngmin-ee,” he sounded pained, “she won’t stop crying.”

“Honey?” Youngmin knelt beside them gently touching Eunsun on the shoulder, “honey he’s in the ambulance. The hospital will take care of him alright?” She started to sniff, like she was trying to stop. Youngmin signaled to Eric and Eric slowly moved. Youngmin sat in front of Eunsun lifting her head to him.

“Smile please?” Her tears were heart breaking for him. She managed to make one which lasted for a moment. He then pulled her into a firm embrace hugging her.

“My sweet Eunsun,” he murmured putting a hand on her head gently rocking her. Eunsun managed to stop crying.

***

A few minutes later she managed to stop and they moved. Youngmin used his thumbs to wipe her eyes.

“Go see your friends,” he said, “they will be worried about you.” She nodded as she stood with him. She took a breath in as she walked over to them.

“Unnie?” Jiyoung asked. Eunsun held out her arms and her five girls all joined her in a group hug.

“Are you ok?” Gyuri asked before Eunsun started to cry again. She nodded.

“Yeah,” they then made room for Yunho and Changmin to come over.

“Need a tissue?” Changmin held out one to her. Eunsun took it and dabbed her eyes.

“Thanks Changmin.”

“He’ll be fine,” Yunho told her, “God will protect him.” Eunsun nodded.

“Yeah, you’re right.” Yunho put an arm around her in a side hug while Changmin patted her on the head.

“TVXQ, your lift is here,” Eric said to them.

“Sorry noona but we have to leave,” Yunho apologized, “if you need anything then let me know.”

“And I will help him,” Changmin offered.

“Thank you,” Eunsun said, “safe ride home.”

“See you,” they waved as they left. Her maids came back to her.

“Unnie, let’s get some of the cheese cake and watch a movie, it will get your mind off things.” Eunsun nodded.

“That would be lovely thank you.”

***

Youngmin watched from the outside as the head detective interrogated the guard at the police station. He was tough, it took him an hour before he broke and began to talk.

“Youngmin-ee,” Youngmin turned to Eric, “you should go home. Eunsun’s probably keen to see you.”

“Not yet,” Youngmin pressed his face against the glass watching the man start to sob.

“Ah ok thank you,” Donggun walked in closing his phone, “that was the doctor. HoDong is going to be fine. Turns out it was rat poison.”

“That’s a relief,” Youngmin sighed out, “Eric I’m going home now.”

“Ok good night.” Youngmin walked around the front of the police station accompanied by two guards. They opened the door for him and he got in.

They arrived at the palace forty five minutes later. Youngmin went to his quarters to find five girls sitting with Soo-yoon watching The Little Mermaid.

“Where’s Eunsun?” He asked causing all five to hurriedly get to their feet and bow to him.

“She went out five minutes ago,” Gyuri said with courtesy. “To the garden I think.”

“Thank you,” he got his jacket and left walking at a brisk pace to the garden. He glanced around he had no idea where to start. Or so he thought. Then he remembered a particular place. He began to jog in the direction.

He was right; she was standing by the fountain in her night robe watching the water fall.

“Aren’t you cold?” She turned to him.

“I’m fine,” she said as he joined her.

“The hospital called Donggun. Hodong is going to be fine.”

“Oh,” Eunsun smiled with her eyes starting to glisten, “that’s such a relief.” He put an arm around her and she leaned on his shoulder.

“Eunsun….” Youngmin wasn’t sure where he was going, “don’t be afraid of holding back your feelings; if you want to cry then cry.”

“I’m fine really,” Eunsun smiled with her head still in place, “I think I’ve cried as much as I can.”

“I’ll do my best to be strong for you,” HoDong said breathing out, “I won’t let you down or become weak…”

“Oppa…”

“I mean it,” he was serious; “I will not let myself resort to crying even if I want to.” This agonized Eunsun, this wasn’t something she wanted from him.

“Oppa it isn’t healthy for you to do that…”

“Your majesty,” Donggun was approaching them, “we have some things to talk about in the conference room.” Youngmin lowered his arm.

“I have to leave, please get an early night,” he hugged her before leaving.

***

“The man confessed to everything,” Donggun told the men and the two women who were gathered, “they were indeed planning to assassinate the king.”

“Thank God Hodong proved it,” Eric shut his mouth in regret for what he said could be misinterpreted.

“They will be under the supreme court tomorrow morning.” Donggun continued, “but by then the sentence will already have been decided.”


“We have agreed that it’s the death penalty will be fired upon by four riflemen.” Eric’s mouth went into an o shape.

“Y-Youngmin,” he looked at him.

“That will be fine.”

“WHAT!?” Everyone glared at outspoken Eric, “I’m sorry but since when did we still abide with death penalty?”

“Since it says in the Congress of Law that anyone who tries to kill, harm or injure any member of the royal family will immediately be given the death penalty depending on the weight of the crime.” One of the lawyers quoted to him. Eric shook his head in disbelief.

“Tch,” he rose from his chair.


“Eric I suggest you sit down!” Donggun barked.

“Fat chance,” Eric bowed to Youngmin, “sorry Youngmin-ee but this isn’t right. Your appa would have done it differently.” He then walked out of the room and slammed the door.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Oh gosh so sorry I haven’t updated in a while. I’ve been trying to finish one of my other fanfics as well as start another. I will probably work on finishing this one next seeing as the plot ended up being longer than I planned……..