68. The Eye of the Storm

Eunsun: A star for the king

Breathless, the pair pulled away, sweat trickling down their bodies in a slow shower. That had been a very intimate if not intense physical bonding for the both of them. All the way through from the start, the and now the end it had been a time where the couple could be together for once. Youngmin turned to his wife, worried when he saw how much she was panting. He thought he’d overdone it.

“Honey are you alright?” He shuffled closer to her, using his closest arm to wrap around her waist and pull her figure close to him. She nodded, tilting her head to him. “Yeah,” she was still catching her breath. “It felt like… Like the first time….” She smiled, lovely in her tired form. “You were wonderful.” Youngmin was overcome by her. He could barely talk as he just looked at her, the love she had for him flowing through her soft gaze. He moved closer to her, his breath tickling her forehead. He dropped his head to kiss her with less force this time. He moved away, their lips making that familiar noise. Youngmin moved his arm so she could cuddle up closer to him. His throat was tight again as he spoke, softly trembling. “I love you.” Eunsun’s eyes began to shimmer with tears. The way he said it sounded so much more significant than the other times. It showed his undying affection for her, thanking her for her support and being there still since their undesired distance. She did indeed love this man. “I love you too,” she said this with a happy laugh but through crying as well. He felt the cold touch on his collar bone, signaling for him to wipe them away.

As the poignant moment began to simmer away their found their eyes directed to their bedding. They sheepishly looked at each other.
“The maids aren’t going to be happy.”

“More like they will be delighted,” Youngmin disagreed. “Eric’s overheard a few of their conversations since we got married. ‘Oh, how romantic,’ ‘wow imagine how lucky she is to be in the embrace of the king.” Eunsun pulled a face. Their faces began to go into a smile as they both cracked up laughing. They held each other as they found humor at a sort-of inappropriate statement.

***

Eric on the other hand was enjoying dinner with Min-Jung. He found it hard to keep his eyes off her the whole night. She was stunning in her short red dress with the high neckline. It didn’t help to have the long gold necklace that dangled down and sat perfectly between her s. Her long hair was swept into a bun exposing her finely shaped shoulders. Eric never dreamed that he would meet a woman who would be as gorgeous as Eunsun.

Min-Jung seemed to enjoy his company. She smiled a lot as she listened to him talk and even laughed at the funny stories. Despite her appearance she didn’t come on to him or try to flirt with him. She looked like a flower but definitely didn’t sting like a bee.

At the end of the night Eric dropped her at her house. She said she’d had a good time and he asked if they could do that again sometime. She agreed and let her hug him. They parted with good feelings and the plan to have dinner again within a months’ time.

Youngmin, Eunsun and Hodong noticed that Eric was happier than usual. He smiled more, seemed to take Donggun’s insults more light hearted compared to previous times and his vocal group caught up more often. They decided that it was time to release a single or at least try and get a CD published. Probably due to the fear that they were getting older and wouldn’t have another chance.

However this time of bliss started to unravel once the rumors of the riots rose again and the police, the army and other defense forces struggled to find the culprits. Youngmin found himself spending less time with his family and more time at the government building. It was like they were having a groundhog period.

****

“It doesn’t make sense,” Hodong said as they all sat in the palace. He was as baffled as the rest of the people he was with. There was a knock on the door which made Eunsun get up, her maids followed suit. “Dongwoon, Junhyung, Hyunseung?” They all stared at the three members. Hara spotted her man and they embraced. “Where are the rest of the members?” Eunsun asked as the three guys came and sat at the table. “A better question, how did you manage to get entry into here?”

“T-They were taken,” Dongwoon was panting. “W-while we were in our dressing rooms waiting to go on stage.”

“What?” The girls were stunned, “but why?”

“We don’t know,” Hyunseung shook his head. “It happened so fast that we didn’t see who did it.”

“They were in black,” Junhyung added while he held Hara’s hand. “They moved so fast and sprayed us with something.”

“Then we woke up and they were gone,” Dongwoon added. “Our manager got the CEO to call the palace to see if we could come speak to you. See if you knew anything.” The three were disappointed when Eunsun shook her head. “I’m sorry but I don’t know what’s been happening.”

“Your majesty,” the voice of a guard called. “A Mr Changmin would like to speak to you.” They all looked at each other.

“Who is that?” The door opened to reveal the tall, familiar person.

“C-Changmin,” Eunsun came to greet him.

“Noona,” she hadn’t seen him so worried. “Hyung he’s… He’s been taken. Hyung’s gone and I don’t know why.”

“Changmin-ah,” Eunsun patted the giant on the back, “what do you mean? Who took who?”

“I don’t know,” Changmin was shaking his head, “I woke up earlier than Yunho so I went to check his room but he wasn’t there. Everything was a mess so I knew something was wrong.” Changmin felt his eyes begin to blur. “I called manager hyung. I called the stylists, publicists, everyone! But they don’t know either.” Jiyoung covered her gaping mouth while Nicole and Seungyeon gasped. Gyuri looked at him with pity.

“I’m sorry Changmin,” Eunsun felt bad that she didn’t know about Yunho until now. “Do you know if anyone else was taken?”

“Members of Girls Generation, Shinee, f(x), a lot of the people are gone.”

“Hmm,” Eunsun remembered that errand she had meant to do months ago. “Something about this doesn’t feel right.” An idea came to her mind. “Listen Changmin-ah, I need you to let us go to your company head quarters. It may help us find out what happened.” Changmin nodded, starting to calm down. The members of Beast came and said hello, they understood his pain. It was harder when only two people were a group instead of five or six. Changmin didn’t have anyone else close by. Yunho had been it.

***

Hyori stepped into her husbands’ office.  She handed her husband a pile of folders which he began to flick through.
“So this is all the staff and the stars?” She nodded.

“Yes, those are it.” Donggun was satisfied; he put the papers down beside a fax machine.

“Park Jin- Young doesn’t always like people going through his confidential papers; how did you manage to convince him?”

“Well I have my ways.” Hyori winked as she turned, swinging her bag over her shoulder. The glint of something black caught Donggun’s eye.

“Wait a minute,” he stood up and went to her bag. He picked out a rather exotic bra. His face burned as he recognized the cup size down to the netting material. He then turned to Hyori, his eyes widening as he saw her chest didn’t look as good as normal.

“You didn’t…” She snatched the bra back.

“Worse,” her hands ran down her dress to slowly lift up the hem. “I gave it all.” Donggun’s fury increased. He realized it the moment he saw the marks on her thighs…. Kiss marks. With a clenched fist he swung at her in a hefty slap. She fell side onto the floor, breaking the heel in one of her pumps.

“Get out,” he growled, “you !” Hyori got up, shaking violently as she did. She turned away and left, walking funny with one shoe shorter than the other. Donggun was grieved, she did her job but it was at a cost. Now he would have to cover it up hence prevent the possibility of his private life being invaded. Once this whole business was over he could choose whether to keep her or not.

***

“This doesn’t feel right,” Changmin sighed as a small anonymous car with Eunsun, Gyuri, Changmin and Hodong pulled into the private car park at SM Entertainment. They weren’t able to get an appointment with the minister as planned so they had to try another means. This meant Changmin would break and enter into his own employer’s facilities.

“Do you want to see hyung or not?” Changmin frowned at Gyuri.

“I’m the snarkiest member of my team so don’t do it,” Eunsun laughed along with her uncle while Gyuri was confused at being shut down. “Looks like you found your match,” Hodong teased as Gyuri pushed her hair back, trying to retain her goddess-like composure. “Hmm we’ll see.” She didn’t count on it. The group of four cautiously opened the car doors and stepped out. It had been hard to convince the guards at the palace to stay back instead of coming with her but Eunsun had assured them that no one else would know and that if they did she would take full responsibility.

“So where do we head to now?” Gyuri banged the car door hard, the sound echoed through the complex. Changmin scowled at her, “this is not my car.” Gyuri stuck her tongue out.

“Please behave,” Hodong sighed as they gingerly walked to the nearest door. Changmin glanced at the floor labels.

“We have to go up two floors,” they opened the door to the emergency exit staircase. It looked like the escape never ended.

“Come on hurry,” Gyuri was ushered up the stairs. Hodong stayed at the end while Changmin led.

“I’m going to be in trouble if we’re caught.”

“That’s why you have me,” Eunsun reassured him. “I’ll be able to give you a royal pardon.” This made him smirk.

“Of course and the fact my hyung’s fond of you.” Eunsun didn’t ask about any further. They hurried through to the office where Changmin entered a number into the security lock. It beeped letting them in.

“Now where would it be?” There were in the legal department where copies of contracts, staff and stars’ information was stored. There were rows upon rows of filing cabinets in ascending alphabetical order.

“I think this is the wrong section,” Changmin read the label taped to the one in the row. “This is the staff members’ area.”

“So it’s this one here?” Gyuri was already one step ahead of the group. Hiding his initial surprise Changmin went over to her to read over her shoulder.

“Yes this is it.” They all began going through the files, asking Changmin for last names.

“So most of the members from Girls’ Generation are missing?” Eunsun asked as she saw the name ‘Jessica.’

“Yes all but Yuri and Taeyeon,” Changmin confirmed. Eunsun nodded and pulled out the folders for four of the members.

“I’ve got Yunho oppa’s one.”

“Hey don’t wave that around,” Changmin went for Gyuri as she held it in the air. She lowered it down before he reached her. She stuck her tongue at him.

“And what about Super Junior does anyone have any of theirs?”

“Here,” Hodong was holding three of the folders in his hands.

“Do you think we have enough?” A skeptical Gyuri asked them.

“Well we’d better because I think someone’s coming.” They all froze. Footsteps were sounding from nearby.

“Then let’s go,” Hodong grabbed Eunsun’s arm and hurried to the stairs. They managed to close the door just as the footsteps reached the room they were in.

***

“We’re getting nowhere,” Hodong sighed as they all sat at one of the tables in the dining room. All of the maids, plus Eunsun, Hodong and Changmin had files in their hands which they were slowly reading through.

“Could it be blood types?” Jiyoung asked.

“But, not everyone would have the same one.”

“True and it’s a weird reason to abduct someone,” Eunsun pointed out. They were back to square one. Time ticked away as they all compared profiles of the missing members. None of them could determine what it was that would make the missing people targets.

“So does anyone have anything?”

“I think I may do…” Hara wasn’t certain but they knew nothing could be overlooked.

“Donghae and Eunhyuk are different blood types, they are born in different parts of the country but look at this,” she pointed to where their religion was listed. “It’s the same.”

“Yeah, that’s like with mine,” Seungyeon showed the files for Sooyoung and Tiffany. “They’re Christians as well.”

“Yunho hyung is too,” Changmin noted.

“So could that be it?” Gyuri asked. “They’re Christian and so that’s why they were taken?”

“But why, where would they be taken?”

“I think we need to do some more searching,” Hodong told them getting up. “I’ll be right back; I left my computer in Eunsun’s room.” Eunsun allowed him to leave.

***

Hodong strolled down the hall, whistling to himself as a means to keep him occupied.

“Right, so we need to hurry it up before anyone else gets suspicious.” Hodong frowned; the voice was coming from Donggun’s room. He hid around the corner; Donggun continued to talk to a third party. “Yes, I’m going to ask the staff soon if they know of any Christians within the palace. It will be messy business trying to get rid of them.” Hodong slowed his breathing but his heart still raced.

“Yeah, Hodong’s the number one threat that needs to be eliminated.” Hodong’s grabbed the front of his shirt, clamping the fabric tight in his fist. “So you are going to be able to move the executions up? I guess we can do it in blocks; so the first hundred will be killed in two weeks from now.” Hodong didn’t want to hear anymore, his life was in danger and possibly Eunsun’s too.

He had to warn her before it was too late.

********************************************************************************************************************************************

Gosh I hope I’m keeping up with the plot. Since I have such big blocks of time where I don’t update I feel that I miss out on some consistencies (I do apologise I’ve never written any story this long.) I think I can finish this in under ten chapters. Thank you to the 11 of you that are subscribed to this and to those who are silently reading as well :)