39. We meet again...At last?

Eunsun: A star for the king

“Yes we will be there, alright thank you bye,” HoDong hung up the phone and went to the door, Youngmin was sitting on the couch curled up with a newspaper. Soo-yoon was playing with her new stuffed animals.

“I’ll be back in a moment your majesty.” HoDong bowed as he went to the door across. He knocked and footsteps were heard, Eunsun appeared with a pink substance on my face.

“Isn’t Halloween in October?”

“You forget we don’t celebrate it,” Eunsun laughed as she let him in, “it’s a new face mask. Hara sent it to me as a Christmas gift.”

“How are the girls doing on their Christmas breaks?”

“They seem fine and happy,” Eunsun told him, “they are all with their families and as happy as ever. Hara-ee lives here so she suggested that we go grab a coffee or tea sometime.”

“How nice,” HoDong lost the smile, “there’s a reason I came down and it’s not just to see you. We are going to the place on the twenty eighth.”

“That’s tomorrow and where…?” Then she realized.

“They are with a man called Jabez, funny coincidence that.”

“Yeah it is,” HoDong bowed to her, “would you like to get some fresh air?” Eunsun pointed to her mask. “Can I in ten minutes? That’s how long I have left with this thing on.”

“Alright I’ll come back in then,” HoDong left Eunsun to get a bag, her coat and some other things. She began thinking about the next day. She didn’t want to think about because for some reason she had a sickening feeling in her stomach…

***

“Ah this is nice,” HoDong stretched his arms out as they walked down the street. Eunsun ignored the gazes of puzzled on-lookers.

“Oh look Eunsun someone’s juggling!” HoDong ran off to watch the street entertainer before Eunsun could say otherwise. She rubbed her lips; they felt chaffed to her so she went to the nearest convenience store. Funnily enough it was the one she’d been into before. She found a chap stick which would do the trick and paid for it at the counter. She hurried out before the owner could recognize her.

“I’m telling you oppa me and Baehyung-sshi are just friends!”

“That’s what you said before with the guy before him…” Eunsun almost bumped into the guy. Her chap stick fell onto the ground.

“Whoops you weren’t being careful op…” Eunsun stood up after getting her chap stick from the ground.

“Unnie!”

“Huh?” Then she remembered the face, “Oh…Y-you’re Jihye-sshi aren’t you?” Jihye nodded enthusiastically.

“Uh huh and this is my oppa Yunho-sshi!”

“Aish what did I say about using my….” He blinked as if he didn’t believe what he saw, “you’re Eunsun-sshi.”

“Yes,” Eunsun bowed to him, “nice to meet you,” Eunsun wouldn’t admit that she found him handsome. Despite his six feet frame he had a strong gaze when he was focused or being serious but it easily melted away into a kind genuine look where his eyes sparkled like precious stones. He had small eyes, a elegant nose and he seemed to have a nice jaw line. Even in a large grey hoodie with the random colored stripes and dark jeans he still oozed charisma.

“That picture didn’t do you justice,” Yunho told her, “If I’d known this was how you looked close up I would have just come down to see for myself.”

“But what about your fans?” Eunsun asked, “Wouldn’t they… Well want me dead and buried if I was seen anywhere near you?”

“Oh they should be fine with it,” Jihye quickly told her, “since you’re engaged to the king and all…By the way can I see the ring?” Eunsun bit her lip.

“Don’t worry no one’s paying attention.” Eunsun took her left hand and with her right hand removed the glove.

“Wow it’s pretty,” Jihye held her hand in both of hers as she looked at it up close, “did he explain why he designed it that way?”

“If I remember…” Eunsun couldn’t concentrate for a moment.

“Oppa look away you’re putting her off!” Jihye scolded.

“Omo sorry,” Yunho turned his head but he chuckled and Eunsun lost her train of thought.

“Oppa!”

“It is because it’s designed to bear some similarity to the royal seal,” Eunsun finally remembered, “and also because I guess I like flowers….”

“Ah it really is nice, ok you can turn back now.”

“Since when did my dongsaeng get so bossy?” Yunho .

“Well I have to be, you’ve been here there and everywhere,” Jihye laughed but her brother didn’t find it funny, Eunsun sensed some tension.

“Sorry Jihye-ah, I don’t mean to be away,” Yunho sighed, “life is busy when you sing and dance.”

“Yeah and you will be in a similar position too unnie. You will have cameras, microphones and pictures of you everywhere, especially on your wedding day.”

“I had no idea….” Eunsun began to feel dizzy.

“As well as people making fan sites dedicated to and for you; also maybe the occasional bloody letter.”

“B-blood…”

“Ah Jihye-ah you’re scaring her,” Yunho came beside Eunsun, “she is kidding noona.” Eunsun’s ears began to burn.

“Your ears are turning red,” Yunho said slightly alarmed, “are you feeling alright?”

“Yes of course I’m fine,” Eunsun put on a smile, “see?” Yunho gave one of his trademark chuckles which made Eunsun’s ears heat up again.

“Hey Eunsun-ee,” Eunsun’s expression changed. Her uncle came up to her in the most ridiculous hat that she’d ever seen.

“What do you think? It’s keeping me warm,” the three looked at each other. The two Jung siblings made eye signals with Eunsun which she nodded to. A moment later they began to laugh with HoDong joining in.

“I admit it does look ridiculous,” HoDong took it off to look at it.

“You looked like one of those clowns from Robin Hood,” Yunho told him.

“Yeah maybe a younger handsomer person would look better with it,” to everyone’s surprise he handed it to Yunho, “here.” Laughing Yunho put the hat on and the ladies had to grin.

“Oh keep it on,” Jihye went through her pockets.

“Aigoo what are you…?” There was the click of a camera.

“Success,” Jihye said with glee.

“What are you…? You aren’t uploading it to your blog are you?!”

“Maybe…”

“Give me that phone,” Yunho ran after his sister who had her phone held away. HoDong grinned at Eunsun.

“They are nice people.”

“Yeah, the guy is in Dong Bang Shin Ki,” Eunsun explained, “U-know?”

“Oh yes I’ve heard of him. He seems like a good guy, shame you are already engaged,” he winked.

“Uncle what is that suppose to…?”

“Got it,” Yunho cheered coming back to them. He pressed some buttons, “huh? What... It’s gone?”

“Yes I excited out of there before you could touch it,” Jihye stuck her tongue out.

“No fair, you know I’m no good with these things,” Yunho moaned deflated, “oh well… I still look good,” HoDong laughed at this.

“Ok I take that back about him being good. He’s a cocky guy.”

“I agree,” Jihye nodded with a smirk, Yunho stuck his bottom lip out.

“Oh here comes the aegyo,” his sister rolled her eyes mockingly, HoDong tugged at Eunsun’s arm.

“We should go back,” HoDong told her, “we have to have an early night.” Eunsun didn’t have to ask why.

“I understand,” she turned to the duo that was now in a staring competition.

“It was lovely seeing you again,” Eunsun said to Jihye, “Yunho-sshi it was nice meeting you face to face.”

“You’re leaving?”

“Yes I win,” Jihye seemed happy though Yunho had other things on his mind.

“Well I guess goodbye if I don’t see you before you go back to the palace.”

“I will make sure to invite you as well as your other Dong Bang member to come see,” Eunsun told him. Her hand went to her neck, she froze.

“Eunsun-ee what’s wrong?” HoDong asked her.

“M-my necklace is…”

“Is this it?” Eunsun’s heart began to pound, Yunho was holding her cross.

“T-thank you,” she bowed to him before taking it and putting it around her neck.

“You must like crosses,” Jihye said.

“Oh I wear it because it reminds me of the gift that Jesus died…” She stopped, HoDong seemed to draw in a breath.

“It’s ok,” Yunho winked at her, “we are too.”

“Really, oh good please don’t say anything to anyone.”

“We promise,” they said at the same time.

“Have a good night,” Jihye said as Eunsun and HoDong began to leave.

“You too,” HoDong called. The pairs waved as they went opposite ways.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Well….This was the first time my ultimate bias starred in a fan fic. It felt almost surreal writing it which is weird seeing as with Donghae and Eunhyuk (two of my other biases) it felt natural. LOL I wonder if I’m starting to daydream while writing. If you are reading this and got to see or meet Yunho I want you to know how blessed you are. I think he’s someone of great character and kindness which is why I adore him. I was excited I got to use his picture in this >_<. And I think this is my favourite on of him <3

Anyway I seem to be putting off the parent thing so I guess the truth will be revealed definitely in the next chapter if not the one after that I think I’m starting to kill you guys here LOL.