59. A New Prime Minister

Eunsun: A star for the king

“Wow it looks like you really strained that muscle,” Eunsun said holding an ice pack to Youngmin’s . It was about an hour before dinner and the only time she’d managed to get her husband

“It’s just a bit sore,” Eunsun begged to differ from the swelling that was happening in the spot.

“Why don’t I give the masseur a call?” Eunsun began to walk away when Youngmin grabbed her wrist.

“Can you… Massage me please?” He attempted to give her puppy dog eyes.

“I might not be strong enough,” she said to him.

“Doesn’t matter,” he told her smiling. She let out a sigh of happy resignation.

“Alright, why don’t you lie down on your stomach on the bed and I will get some oils.” He got out of his chair and did as he was told. Eunsun found some tea tree oil and another one which had the label smudged off.

“Ok are you ready?” She asked as she took the lid off the tea tree oil.

“I’m ready when you are,” she dripped a bit on his back and began to massage working as hard as she could. He had well defined muscles in his shoulders and pretty much all over his body.

“How does that feel?” She asked her heart beginning to race.

“Mm,” he said as she removed her hands to put the other oil on his back. It smelt strange.

“What is this?” The smell was causing her head to spin.

“Whatever it is it smells wonderful,” Youngmin said getting up.

“Honey I haven’t finished yet...” He grabbed her by the shoulders forcing her to the floor. The smell was overpowering their senses. He started to kiss her passionately on the lips.

“I want you so bad,” he groaned reaching for her shirt and undoing the shoe string for the halter neck.

“Oppa,” Eunsun’s pulse was racing and she was starting to give in to her flesh.

“Youngmin-ee we need to talk!” Eric’s voice called from close range. Youngmin wasn’t fazed.

“Hey did you…YOUNGMIN?!” He walked in and stopped, “WHATTHE?!” He turned away, his ears reddening.

“Eric!” Youngmin lifted his legs off and stood wiping his forehead, “WHY DID YOU BARGE IN?!”

“WHY ARE YOU DOING IT ON THE FLOOR?!” Eric exclaimed, Eunsun sat up, “especially with your door unlocked and open!” His nose caught the scent. He went to the bottles of oil by their bedside picking up one of them and smelling it.

“What is this?” He read the ingredients, “Youngmin-ee this is oil used for sensual massages! What were you doing using this during the day?!”

“It was?” Eunsun went over to him and looked at it, “sorry Eric that was my fault. I just found it and thought it would be fine.”

“Aish it’s ok,” Eric said as Youngmin slipped a shirt on, “I won’t be long do you can get back to your hanky panky soon…” Eric flinched as Youngmin grabbed the fabric of his shirt on his shoulders.

“What brings you here anyway?” Youngmin asked dragging Eric to a table.

“It’s because I’m mad. You didn’t bother to tell me the news.”

“Tell you what hyung?”

“That Donggun was going to be Prime Minister in two days time!”

“Oh right,” Youngmin acknowledged this, “yes the final preparations were made today and the inauguration will be held this Friday.”

“I know that, one of your big mouth body guards spilled the beans.”

“I’m sorry Eric.”

“Bah,” Eric turned, “I guess there’s nothing I can do,” he said resigned, “either way that self arrogant prat won’t be getting fired anytime soon.”

“Do you want a promotion?”

“Gosh no,” Eric shook his head rapid, “I’m happy to be under your wing Youngmin-ee. Next time just tell me ok?”

“Alright no problem.” Youngmin agreed.

“Well,” Eric scratched his head, “that reminds me. Do we have a performing act for the congratulatory dinner?”

“Actually we do,” this was new to Eunsun, “I contacted an entertainment company and they have agreed to let one of their boy bands perform.”

“Boy band?” Eric was skeptical, “who could you possibly have chosen?”

“Dong Bang Shin ki,” Eunsun almost dropped the oil she was holding.

“Ah good choice,” Eric nodded, “do we know what songs they are doing?”

“Donggun is talking with them right this moment. They are in the palace.” Youngmin turned to Eunsun, “would you like to say hello to your chingu?”

“Eunsun, one of them is your friend?”


“Oh um yeah,” Eunsun realized Eric had no idea, “Yunho-sshi.”

“Ah, well I guess we can,” Eric looked at Youngmin.

“You don’t have to wait for me.”

“I won’t be too long,” Eunsun told him hugging him.

“Good, otherwise I might start missing you,” he teased.

***

“Ah there you are!” Eric proudly strolled over to the three men who were dressed nicely and patted Donggun hard on the back, “I’ve missed you buddy!”

“I can’t say I’ve missed you at all!”

“Bite me!” Dong Bang Shin Ki stood up and bowed as they saw Eunsun.

“Eric!” She stated sharply. Eric froze.

“Honestly you two,” she said having to stand between them, “this really is embarrassing for two grown men to be fighting like this.”

“Sorry your majesty,” they both mumbled. Some nearly laughed and they saw Changmin had a hand over his mouth, Yunho was smiling apologetically.

“You two can leave,” Eunsun said to Eric and Donggun.

“B-but,” they both began helpless.

“Please,” she asked politely.

“Your majesty,” Donggun stepped towards her, “it is for you safety that you have either me or Eric-sshi around if not your husband.”

“Why, what happened noona?” Yunho asked causing his band mate to nod.

“Fine,” Eunsun sighed, “You two can go wait by the door,” they left and Eunsun turned to Dong Bang Shin Ki.

“Sorry about that,” she said before she said hello to them, “how are you both?”

“We’re doing fine,” Yunho began, “oh Eunsun, this is Changmin. He’s my chingu but he’s like a dongsaeng to me.”

“Nice to meet you your majesty,” he had bright eyes and a happy go-lucky expression.

“Don’t need to be so formal,” Eunsun smiled, “call me Eunsun-ah.”

“Or noona,” Changmin looked at Yunho horrified, “what?” He said innocently.

“So she’s ok with it?” Changmin asked him. Eunsun nodded.

“Sure.”

“Ok noona,” Changmin smiled at the end.

“Did you two choose the songs for the dinner?”

“Yep we’re doing KYHD, Changmin is going to do his solo as well as mine and then we’ll end with Before You Go.”

“Sounds great,” Eunsun beamed, “will you two also eat with us? It only seems fair…”

“If we are allowed to,” Yunho began, “I have no idea how busy our schedules are.” Just as he finished his phone rang.

“Uh oh it’s manager hyung,” Changmin said as they both quickly moved, “sorry your majes—Eunsun but we have to go.”

“That’s fine, see you both tomorrow night,” Eunsun said as she saw them to their van.

“Have a good day.” Yunho and Changmin bowed before they got into their car.

***

“Ladies and gentleman I would like to introduce you to our new Prime Minister of South Korea. Jang Donggun-sshi,” the cameras flashed as people clapped for Donggun who stood there with the largest grin on his face. His wife Hyori stood to the side with their children proudly watching. Eunsun was at the side with Eric whose clapping was one beat compared to the four beat ones. They kept clapping.

“It’s a great turn out isn’t it?” Jiyoung asked Eunsun as they went to the dining hall where the tech crew was preparing for HoMin’s performance.

“Mm,” Eunsun was having trouble breathing in her tight dress but she didn’t show it. People were looking at her in awe and envy.

“There you are,” Youngmin came to her kissing her on a cheek. He was in a suit, “our table’s ready for us.”

“Come on let’s sit down,” Eunsun said to her maids who followed her.

“Oh sorry,” she almost bumped into someone, “Yunho.” He was in a deep red suit with a dark blue undershirt.

“Hi Eunsun,” he said brightly, “you look… Can you breathe?”

“Y-yeah,” that sounded short of breath.

“Hyung we’re on in five,” Changmin was dressed in the same fabric but his suit was blue and the undershirt was red.

“Ok,” Yunho patted Eunsun on the shoulder, “see you queen.” Eunsun went to the head table and sat next to Youngmin who welcomed her with a grin.

“Sunbae!” Hodong was busy in the kitchen helping the palace head chef and his staff with the food.

“Looks good,” he said to the apprentice chef. He then vacated to take a breather. He was walking down the hall when he stopped. He moved around a corner.

“So you’ve got it?” There were two of the palace guards talking.

“Yes,” the guy in casual clothes held up a small vial. HoDong couldn’t see anything except for the print which said, ‘poison.’

“So how are we going to do this?”

“Simple, when you change shifts with Kyuhae you tip some into his glass as he goes past.”

“Ah alright. I can do that,” the other said. HoDong moved around.

“I’ve got to tell Eunsun,” he whispered to himself going the other direction when the men had gone.

***

In the dining hall DBSK had just finished Keep Your Head down and were about to go into Yunho’s solo.

“Hello everyone,” Yunho bowed to everyone, “I’m TVXQ’s U-know and I’m about to do my solo. It’s called Honey, funny bunny. Enjoy.” Everyone clapped as he got into position and the music began to play. And Yunho started to dance and sing:

Chocolate cookies, marshmallows, more moist, I'll melt the chocolate over mameuro Oh my luv
Than aroma deep in my heart I'll melt mameuro moreaccept (Laughs) I know.

People began to clap they were in awe. Youngmin was bobbing along with the song.

Honey Funny Bunny sweet, soft as the day by day-yeah-e day-yeah-e
Honey Funny Bunny dark like a hot flame, like the first kiss and wow-wow wow-wow

Honey Honey Honey Honey so sweet too sangkeumhae Funny Funny Funny Funny
Bunny Bunny Bunny Bunny oh baby in your arms always want to dream

He then got off the stage and began to sing to the audience while the backup dancers appeared, men and women in cute and dorky outfits.

So beautiful in my eyes can not look at five do not (yo so fine)
The fluttering palpitations do not have to sleep Give me wants to (oh-oh-u-wow)

He started to sing to Soo-yoon who smiled happily while doing a heart shape with her hands. He then lifted her up and spun her around before handing her to Youngmin. But he wasn’t finished, he knelt by Eunsun’s chair holding a hand out to her. Eunsun glanced at her husband who gave the ok.

Passing soft lips on my cheek i do want to have it come to me Come on, you
In the eyes of a child looking at him anxiously as he suddenly had lost what shall I do (do) I know.

He held her hands as he quickly waltzed with her making the girls scream with envy before spinning her and then leaned her back. He escorted her to her seat again before going to the stage.

Honey Funny Bunny sweet, soft as the day by day-yeah-e day-yeah-e
Honey Funny Bunny dark like a hot flame, like the first kiss and wow-wow wow-wow

* Honey Honey Honey Honey so sweet too sangkeumhae Funny Funny Funny Funny
Bunny Bunny Bunny Bunny oh baby in your arms always want to dream.

There was a small dance solo before he finished the song (A/N yes I didn’t post the last lyrics) before people gave him a standing ovation.

“Thank you,” he bowed to them before he left the stage. A few moments later Changmin came on.

“I’m TVXQ’s Max Changmin and the song I’ve prepared is my solo. Enjoy it’s called Confession.” A piano began to play as Changmin cleared his throat and head.

Hodong saw the guard watch for the other to move from his position. Soon the one who was changing shifts began to walk. Hodong watched as the man pretended to do his shoe up while he tipped some of the poison into the glass. The guard then made a signal at someone who was standing away and then got into position. Hodong watched at Youngmin sat with his arm around Eunsun.

That slightly cold dawn, when the darkness lifted,
and the dim lights turned off one by one
This path that I'm already used to,
where I watch you tell me that it's already too late,
and I purposely return to somewhere far away.
Not once, not for a moment,
did I think that I would become a "me" without you.  

Hodong crept around the edge of the floor so he wouldn’t get in the way. He knelt at Eunsun’s side.

“Uncle,” Eunsun whispered, “Is everything alright?”

“Eunsun listen to me.” He said, “Someone is trying to kill the king.”

“What? Who? Why would they?”

“They are two of the guards. I overheard them talking,” he added as Changmin kept singing his beautiful ballad.

“Do you have any proof?” Eunsun asked.

“No but don’t let your husband… YOUNGMIN!” Youngmin picked up the glass meaning to take a drink.

“No!” Hodong rushed around to him as the audience gave a standing ovation to Changmin.

“H-Hodong?” Youngmin asked in question, “w-what are you doing?” Everyone else seemed to keep clapping and they stayed standing as Yunho joined Changmin on the stage for the final song.

“This drink is poisoned,” HoDong exclaimed pointing at it.

“How?” Youngmin challenged, he looked at Donggun who had not noticed anything until now when Hodong had reacted.

“They put poison in it.”

“Who?” Youngmin asked.

“That guard there who swapped with one called Kyuhae, he and his friend are in it.” The guard pointed at himself when he saw that they were suspecting him.

“Me? Why would I poison his majesty?” The other staff were starting to get wind of this.

“You tell me.” HoDong called.

“Hodong,” Eunsun tugged at his arm trying to make him calm down.

“Ok if you are so certain…” the guard demanded, “why don’t you drink it for yourself?”

“Ok fine!” Hodong raised the glass to his lips and took a gulp much to the surprise of the guard. He seemed fine for a moment; however he suddenly held his stomach, falling to the floor.

“UNCLE!” Eunsun screamed as she knelt on the floor beside him. Youngmin gestured to the guards nearby to move in. The suspected guard was seized on both sides.

“Call the chief of police!” Youngmin commanded as Hyori went to help a frantic Eunsun.

“Unnie!” Her maids went to her, “what’s happening?”

“Uncle!” Eunsun’s eyes were filled with tears, “Uncle!” He fell unconscious.

“Yes someone tried to poison me,” Youngmin told a brave journalist, “now go and be useful! Get Eric to call an ambulance!” The journalist ran off after Youngmin blew up.

“Yes we need an ambulance!” Eric yelled over the phone, “Someone’s been poisoned!”

“Noona?” Eunsun felt someone tap on her shoulder. She turned her tear stained face to HoMin.

“Yunho,” she bit her lip.

“Is there anything we can do?” Changmin asked, one of the guards began to make an exit.

“Catch him?” She asked weakly.

“Stop there!” Yunho yelled as the man began to run, the two started after him followed by several body guards.

“Why is TVXQ running after a guard?” A baffled Donggun asked her, Hyori rubbed Eunsun on the shoulders.

“The ambulance will be here in half an hour,” Eric told Youngmin, his face grave, “that’s the best they could do.”
 

“Thank you,” he was grateful for it. They heard panting and heavy breathing; Yunho and Changmin were back, both red faced and sweating.

“The chief of police caught him,” Changmin explained to his majesty who nodded. Youngmin held out his hand to them.

“Thank you for your support,” he said to them, “don’t feel obligated to stay.”

“Actually I think hyung was hoping to,” Changmin quickly added, “he’s fond of your wife… As a friend by the way,” Yunho looked horrified but then recovered.

“Ok thank you,” Youngmin said as he looked at his wife who was still holding her uncle sobbing. Her maids gathered around her trying to pry her loose so Hyori could do first aid but she just held him tighter.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ah is he going to make it?! Wait and see!