55. What's going on?

Eunsun: A star for the king

Eunsun woke to find she was in an empty bed. On the side Youngmin slept was a note and a flower, “had to make a call, ordered room service.” She didn’t really mind as they had spent yesterday together so even if they didn’t wake together it wasn’t a problem. She had a shower, changed into a yellow floral dress and went to the package. She hadn’t had time to read the paper yesterday so she took off the seal and read what it said.

“To our darling daughter Eunsun, we are sorry that we weren’t able to say goodbye another way.” She breathed out, “I am happy that we were able to spend this time with you before we had to go.” Some knocked on the door. She got up and went to answer it.

“Breakfast,” the bell boy carried in two trays, Eunsun glanced around and she spotted the money Youngmin left out to pay for it.

“Here, keep the change.” Her English was rusty but at least she would be able to survive if she got lost.

“Thank you,” he left and Eunsun took her letter to the table. She took off one of the lids and began to eat while reading the letter. “Because of our faith there are people who look down on us and even threaten to kill us. We only found out recently that there is something tracking us down…” Eunsun couldn’t’ believe what she read. “They found our home that night which is why we had to flee. Our neighbours who are also good friends of ours held them off but then they found out where we were going. We thank the Lord that they didn’t know you existed otherwise you would be in danger too.” She drank some of the tea.

“The men are part of an organisation funded by an inhumane organisation. They can’t stand the work and our beliefs which is why they are out to kill people. We don’t know their ringleader but we do know that it’s someone who’s in government.” Eunsun had to eat more of her food.

“Please stay safe and keep away from the ARS the Anti-religion Society, they can’t stand any particular religion or faith. We will pray that God’s angels will be around you when we are gone. Love eomma and appa.” Eunsun felt overwhelmed by what she read.

“Lord, this…I don’t understand how such an organisation can exist. Please God may I be able to fulfill their prayer and stay alive…” She stopped as the door open.

“Morning darling,” Youngmin said as he closed the door, “sleep well?” She nodded.

“Where were you?” Eunsun asked as he came and sat down at the table.

“Making a call, didn’t you see the message?” Eunsun nodded.

“Who were you making a call to?”

“Mm smells good,” he picked up a spoon and began to eat, “did you pay them the money I left out?” Eunsun hid the frown that was starting to come on her face. Something didn’t seem right about what was happening.

***

Two days later and it was the same thing, except he left later in the morning and came back for lunch. Eunsun ended up going to the spa in the resort.

“Hello how are you doing today?”

“Good thanks,” Eunsun said, “I was wondering if I would be able to come here without booking.”

“Sure, what would you like today?”

“Umm,” Eunsun glanced in the pamphlet, “a full body massage, a mud bath and a facial please.”

“Sure thing please come this way,” they took Eunsun to their massage rooms where they gave her a towel and put her on a bench and began to do their magic.

“So how are you enjoying the Philippines?”

“It is nice,” Eunsun replied.

“So are you with family, friend?”

“Husband, we are on honeymoon.”

“Aww that’s adorable, where’s he at the moment?”

“Somewhere,” that was as much as Eunsun could tell them. They finished the massage in an hour and then put her in a mud bath. It smelt funny but Eunsun could feel it working through her pores. After she washed off the mud and the facial mask she got dressed and had to say that the tab would go to their room.

***

“Ah there you are,” Eunsun opened the door to find Youngmin sitting on their bed where he slept reading a newspaper.

“Where were you? You were gone for so long,” Eunsun said putting her bag down and taking off her shoes.

“I was making another call.”

“Oh right,” Eunsun couldn’t help but say it bitterly, “of course because you had to.”

“Hey it was business matters!” Youngmin got off the bed while Eunsun went to the bathroom. She came out later, Youngmin had a frown.

“What is the matter?” She found herself mirroring his expression.

“You are cross.”

“Of course I am,” she said going to her back to get her hand cream out, “you’re being suspicious.”

“It’s business only, I’m afraid I can’t say anything—“

“What because I’m just the queen?!” She suddenly felt guilty, Youngmin huffed and stood up.

“Where are you going?” She asked but he closed the door without a word. Eunsun sank to the floor, she was too stunned to cry. She picked up the phone and dialed the number for her Uncle’s quarters. While they were away he would be settling down into his new home.

“Hello?”

“Uncle I’m so glad to hear your voice.”

“Eunsun- ah you’ve only been on your honeymoon for four days and you already miss me?”

“Sort of,” she admitted clasping the cord, “it’s about Youngmin.”

“Aish what’s my nephew-in-law done?”

“Well…He’s not being honest with me about something, he says it’s business but that’s all.”

“And he won’t say anymore?”

“No, that’s what worries me…” A horrible thought came to her, “Uncle what if he’s….Having an affair?”

“WHAT!?” She held the receiver away from her ear before with caution put it back, “if he is so much as looking at another woman I will--!”

“Sorry I only just thought it,” Eunsun apologized, “but he wouldn’t would he?”

“Well from what I have seen he really loves you Eunsun, otherwise he wouldn’t have married you and you him.” She nodded.

“That is true.”

“It could be something in the palace, rumors are going around that there’s some problems with the recruitment of the new Prime Minister. Eric-sshi is in charge of that and well…He’s reluctant to appoint the position to Donggun-sshi. No questions about why.”

“Yeah I can agree with that.”

“Give him some time, if he isn’t any different by the time you’ve been here for eight days then give me a call and I will talk to him.”

“Ok, thank you Uncle.”

“In the mean time I will be praying for you both ok?”

“Sure, thank you again.”

“Alright, it’s late here. You didn’t check the time difference did you before calling?”

“Oh umm…No sorry,” she felt sheepish at this.

“That’s ok,” he chuckled, “take care my sweet Eunsun.”

“I love you Uncle.”

“I love you too,” she hung up the phone. The bed seemed to be calling her so she went and laid down onto of the covers and had a rest.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Oh dear tensions are arising. Fighting on a honeymoon isn’t ideal is it? Well stay tuned for the next chapter as it will probably explain what happens. Sorry for this update being later than I realized. I started to watch WGM with YongSeo and I’m taking a liking to them already XD. Take care my dear readers xxx