16. Forgiving and confessing

Eunsun: A star for the king

A month later someone came to Eunsun’s suite. Her eyes widened with relief when she saw it was her uncle and he seemed to feel the same way. She went to him and wrapped her arms around him. He did the same.

“I’m so sorry I only came now,” his voice was cracking, “I realize what a fool I’ve been to stay away from my one precious star. Can you ever forgive me Eunsun-ee?”

“Of course uncle,” she replied with tears falling. She remembered that her maids were in the suite.

“HoDong-ee I want you to meet my maids. This is Gyuri, Seungyeon, Hara, Nicole and Jiyoung they all work for me.” HoDong bowed to them.

“Nice to meet you, work hard,” he punched a fist in the air creating laughter.

“Thank you and because of your kind words we will do our best,” Eunsun was pleased that Gyuri hit it off with her uncle.

“Say I was about to take Eunsun-ee out for lunch but I just realized that I have a large paycheck to use,” he winked at Eunsun, “would you girls like to join us?”

“Omo really?” The maids didn’t know what to say.

“You don’t have to,” Seungyeon tried to tell him.

“It is fine; really I wanted to reward you five for doing such a good job with my Eunsun-ee.” The girls bowed low to him.

“Thank you HoDong ahjussi,” Gyuri said with echoes from the other four. HoDong gave a hearty laugh.

“Come on, change into some nicer things and we will go,” the girls nodded and went to get ready while Eunsun conversed with her uncle.

“So how are you doing at the moment?”

“Well they weren’t so good a month ago,” Eunsun admitted, “but after spending time just waiting on God I think I’m doing fine again.” HoDong nodded in agreement.

“When we have our hills we must remember that they are to prepare us for climbing mountains later in life.” HoDong always had wise words and he had proven it again to Eunsun.

“We are ready,” the maids appeared all changed into casual clothes.

“Excellent we’ll be off then.”

***

Eric was walking down the courtyard when he brushed shoulders with someone.

“Oh excuse…“ He scowled at the person.

“Eric-sshi I didn’t expect you to be the type to frown.”

“What do you want Donggun-sshi?!” Donggun laughed at his colleague.

“I was just on my way to speak with his highness about some things,” he flicked the pages of documents, “nothing concerning you of course.”

“Like I would want to even be involved with anything involving you anyway,” Eric retorted.

“Will he see me or is he… You know still moody?”

“Pfft he isn’t moody,” Eric defended, “Youngmin-ee is just… Upset about something,” he sighed, “he won’t tell me what is wrong. Aigoo I don’t know what to do.”

“I guess he isn’t close with you as you think he is,” Eric looked like he wanted to rip Donggun apart.

“We’ll see about that,” he stormed towards the king’s quarters with Donggun following.
 

“Hwang-ee we need to talk,” Eric declared like a diva opening the doors and striding in. Youngmin looked at him surprised and not amused.

“Eric-sshi I have an appointment right now,” he said indicating to Donggun who handed him the papers.

“Just need you to read through and sign if you are fine with it.”

“Wait what is that?!” Eric pointed at the booklet, “Oh please no… Application to become Prime Minister! What is this?!”

“This doesn’t involve you.” Donggun warned him, annoyed by Eric’s outburst.

“Y-you can’t be serious about having this psycho as Prime Minister!” Eric pointed at Donggun.

“He does his job well,” Youngmin replied with a straight face, “his boss would be retiring soon so I need to consider every candidate.”

“Bull--,” Eric shut his mouth to prevent finishing the word, “fine. At least tell me what’s wrong with you!”

“What’s wrong with me?”

“Yeah why have you been so down and uninterested in things? The women think you are playing hard to get and it’s making their hormones go wild!” Eric spread himself out on the couch putting a hand to his forehead in a dramatic manner. Youngmin finished flicking through and picked up a pen.

“There is nothing wrong. I’ve just been feeling a little under the weather.”

“Lies,” Hwang almost lost his grip on his pen, “you work out and run and box there’s no way you are sick for that long!” Eric sat up and folded his arms, sticking his bottom lip out.

“Is it to do with your appa or eomma? Is it Soo-yoon? Or…” His face lit up, “because of a particular woman?” Donggun glared at Eric.

“That is going too far…” Youngmin couldn’t look at Eric or Donggun, he just signed the agreement.

“Ah so it is that reason!”

“I didn’t say…”

“But your look suggests it!” Eric pointed out, “you go quiet when you don’t want to admit something.”

“Now you’re starting to misread me again,” Youngmin stated handing the papers back to Donggun.

“Can you at least tell me who it is that is bothering you and I will sort them out for you?” Youngmin sighed shaking his head.

“I can’t tell you.”

“What? But why not Youngmin-ee..?”

“Because you are fond of her too…” Eric’s mouth went into an ‘o’ shape.

“It’s her,” Eric breathed leaving Donggun in the dark. Eric composed himself with a transparent smirk, “I should have known. Is that why you don’t want me giving her stuff?”

“I don’t understand…”

“It is because it is unfair bias!” Youngmin ignored Donggun getting to his feet, “how can you expect to run a competition fairly when you’re picking favorites?!”

“You can talk! Who is the one that has said more than ‘hello,’ and ‘have a good day to her’ the most out of the other women?!”

“Eric-sshi you’re pushing it.”

“What am I pushing? If you want I can kick her out. Give her a token for a free limousine ride on behalf of us and a gift package!”  Eric reached for his phone, “of course she will be disgraced but if it means that I’m not being biased then that’s fine by me!”

“That isn’t what I meant Eric!”

“Oh so now you are comfortable with informalities?! Why don’t I do it now? Unless… You want her to stay,” Youngmin closed his mouth after he briefly opened it to talk. Eric’s mouth returned to the ‘o’ shape but got wider.

“Oh… I see…You’ve fallen for her haven’t you?” Donggun drew breath quickly watching for Youngmin’s reaction.

“Is he serious?” He asked Youngmin.

“This meeting is over,” Youngmin turned to Donggun, “you will be shortlisted for the position and we will let you know when the position opens.” Donggun bowed to Hwang and then walked past Eric to the door which opened for him.

“Eric… You cannot breathe a word of what you just said to anyone outside,” Youngmin was dead serious, “this could cause complications and the press would have a field day.”

“But you didn’t even…”

“You know me better than anyone else that works for me Eric-ee,” Youngmin said with a guilty smile, “I don’t want to say anything yet. You’ve worked too hard for this to be made possible and it would be like I’m throwing away all your efforts.” Eric nodded.

“I understandYoungmin-ee, I’ll leave you be.” He bowed low as he could and was on his way whistling.
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I won’t be able to update again today as I haven’t written the next chapter ^_^’ so bear with me until then.