35. Shinhwa

Eunsun: A star for the king

“My God what have you done?!” Donggun shouted as he slammed his hands on the table in Youngmin’s living room. Youngmin was standing close by and Eunsun jumped, lifting her head.“The press got ear of that comment and now they are writing garbage about how you’re involved in all this new age mumbo jumbo crap! Now people are questioning the integrity of the royal family and the government wants to do instigation in fear of us having a secret cult!” Donggun sighed loudly releasing his hands and standing up right, “I may be the secretary of the Prime Minister but I’m also your publicist; how am I suppose to tell the press that there’s nothing to go on?!”

“It will be fine,” Youngmin said sternly, “you are overreacting Donggun-sshi I don’t pay you to make a scene.”

“You say that now but you don’t know how it feels to have people ringing wanting to know things even I don’t know!” Donggun glared at Eunsun, “I expected you to have more tact Eunsun-sshi.”

“I’m sorry…”

“Yeah well it doesn’t help me.” This struck her hard. She looked up at him hurt.

“Eunsun-ee,” Youngmin went over to her, kneeling before her chair, “maybe you should go visit Eric-sshi in his office, he said he wanted to talk to you.” Eunsun nodded.

“Ok,” he smiled before standing up to hug her. He let her go as she went to his office.

“Donggun-sshi…You can tell those reporters that if they publish even one small misunderstanding that I will personally call up their newspaper, radio or television station and demand to speak to their lawyer.” Donggun smirked but it was a sinister one.

“You think that will really help?” He laughed as he went off leaving Youngmin confused.

***

Eunsun raised her knuckles to knock when she heard the sound of singing. Several voices were going up and down octaves. They all stopped and began talking amongst themselves

“Ok do you think she will like us?”

“Hush if she likes me then of course she will like you.”

“You’ve gotten cocky these days Eric-ah.”

“Well I’m the leader so respect me,” Eric said in a cocky voice making the other gentleman laugh. Unable to wait any longer Eunsun knocked on the door.

“Ah she’s here,” Eric opened the door.

“Eunsun-ee,” he said, “come in.” she soon faced five other faces of men she hadn’t seen before.

“This is my old team,” Eric slung his arms around two of their shoulders, “they are like my brothers.”

“Who are you?” The one on his left asked and they all started to laugh.

“Aigoo Dongwan-ah you shouldn’t embarrass me like that.” Eric said pretending to slug his friend in the gut, “boys say hello to the future queen Eunsun-ee.”

“I’m Dongwan-sshi,” the one who made the joke said bowing and then kissing her hand, “also known as upright guy.”

“So upright people change their noses?” Dongwan went at the one who said this while Eunsun stood flustered.

“Hyung don’t kill me!” The same person pleaded before Dongwan went for his throat.

“Yeah he’s just a baby,” another piped up.

“Hey I am not!” The guy pouted.

“That’s Andy Lee,” Eric said coming beside Eunsun, “the magnae.”

“Hi,” he said in English, “also congratulations.”

“Thank you,” Eunsun smiled.

“I’m Park Choong- Jae-sshi but you may call me Junjin,” one who had been quiet for the whole time.

“Nice to meet you.”

“That guy there with the girly face is Shin Hye sung-ah.”

“Hyung that is rude,” Hye sung said to Eric, “this is the first time we meet her and already you’re teasing me.”

“Well excuse me Mr. Sensitive…”

“Eric-sshi I think he’s right.” There was the sound of ‘Oo’ from the other guys as they saw he got told by a woman.

“Ok that will be the last time,” Eric said lifting the hair off his forehead, “happy Hye sung?” Hye sung solemnly nodded but managed to smile at Eunsun.

“Now who are we…Oh yes this guy here now don’t be mistaken between the two of us is Lee Min woo.”

“How are you your majesty?” Min woo bowed to him.

“G-good,” Eunsun was flattered.

“You’re showing off!” The other members pushed him in the sides.

“Hye sung-ah, Eric-ah help please?”

“No, you’re fine,” Eric jokingly brushed his friend off making Min woo’s mouth drop open.

“Umm aren’t we forgetting why we are here?” Hye Sung asked them aloud.

“Good point,” they all said one after the other, calming down, “we should show her shouldn’t we?”

“Ok get into formation,” they all lined up and began to hum before they started to sing:

Once in a lifetime fly to the star byolduri noui kumul jikhyo julkoya
Once in your lifetime uri gu nal wihe
Yongwonhi hamke manduro goya hal love for your dreams.

Mesmerized by their voices Eunsun was still like in a trance. She was able to clap once they were finished.

“That was great,” she said to them all. They all bowed to her.

“Shame she’s marrying the king,” Andy said nudging the others in the sides. Eric cleared his voice as a warning but Andy seemed to not notice.

“If you get what I’m saying you know what I mean.”

“Knock it off!” They all stared at Eric who had snapped. He cuffed Andy at the back of the head while he, the other four and Eunsun stood dumbfounded.

“Hyung…” Junjin shut up, Eunsun looked at Eric. It seemed he wanted her to say something to address him.

“Andy-sshi,” she began, “you may be older than me but please don’t joke like that here ok?” He nodded.

“Alright your highness.”

“So what songs are we going to do?” Dongwan asked as they all relaxed again and began to talk about song suggestions.

“Eunsun-sshi?” They stopped as Eunsun began to leave.

“Don’t mind me,” she said bowing to them, “I have some other wedding plans to attend to sorry.”

“Alright,” Eric said coming over to her, “thanks for meeting the guys.”

“It’s alright, I’ll see you all at the wedding hopefully?”

“Of course,” they put their thumbs up.

“Alright see you at the dinner table,” Eric said patting her on the shoulder before closing the door for her. However instead of wedding arrangements Eunsun went to her suite to write a letter to her Uncle.

To my dear Uncle,

Thank you for writing to me. I wish to talk with you about this discovery. Please reply as soon as you can, I will be waiting. I pray this will be a good thing for us both.

Love your niece

Eunsun xxxx

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

So do we like Shinhwa? Hehe I listened to their songs and I was impressed, these guys are seriously good. I feel weird about choosing a bias because they are all ten – twelve years older than me. My oldest bias is only 9 LOL anyway thank you for reading.