53. Touring day 1.

Eunsun: A star for the king


“So is this where we’re going?” Eunsun asked as she held up a brochure which was in English. Youngmin went over to her, smiling as he lifted her hand up to look at it.

“Yes, this place is called chocolate hills,” he explained.

“I wonder why,” Eunsun looked at the pictures, “maybe people think they look like chocolate.” Youngmin laughed as he squeezed her hand, “come on we have a taxi waiting at the lobby. If we don’t want to miss climbing one of them we better go now.” Eunsun agreed as she went to grab her bag and then left with him.

“Good morning,” the taxi driver said in English.

“To the chocolate hills please,” Youngmin replied back fluent in the same language. He opened the taxi door for Eunsun to let her in and then he got in too.

It was a long drive and they pulled up into a car park by the bus stop, Youngmin thanked the driver, paid and they organized a time where they would meet up again. The couple then waited for a bus.

“It’s nice here,” Eunsun said leaning against Youngmin’s shoulder as they sat on a bench.

“Yeah, I could see us coming back to visit again.”

“I’d like that, next time we should bring Soo-yoon and Eric.”

“I don’t think you want Eric holidaying with us.”

“And why not?” Youngmin looked at her.

“To be honest, he snores.” Eunsun laughed at this and Youngmin made a grin too. They didn’t have to wait very long, the bus came ten minutes later and soon they were on it with a lot of other tourists to the Chocolate Hills.

***

It was a bumpy drive but once they arrived at the complex they had to just walk ten minutes to the site. Eunsun couldn’t believe what she saw. There were hills unlike any she’d ever seen and they were a different color from the rest of the luscious greenery.

“Looks like we go here,” Youngmin said to Eunsun as they saw some tourists heading up a flight of stairs, “will you be able to go that far?” Eunsun nodded.

“Of course chagi I will be fine.”

“Because I can carry you if need be,” Eunsun didn’t believe that but she chose not to down his confidence. They took the other by the hand as they began their trek. They had climbed a far way where they stopped and looked out.

“Wow it’s beautiful up here,” Eunsun said as Youngmin took pictures with his digital camera, an early wedding present from the Jang couple.

“I’ll take a picture of you,” Youngmin stepped back and Eunsun posed on the railing. She smiled and the camera beeped. Youngmin lowered it from his face to take a look.

“Nice,” he gave her a thumb up in approval, “do you want to keep climbing?”

“How high up are we at the moment?”

“Right now we are only halfway up.”

“In that case we will have to won’t we?” She winked; Youngmin couldn’t help but have his heart flutter. He liked her cheeky side.

“Ok then, let’s go.”

***

“So where are we off to now?” Eunsun asked as the taxi drove them away from the bus stop, it was now eleven thirty am.

“We’re going to the Loboc for lunch.”

“Ah is it time already?”

“It will be lunch time when we arrive there,” Youngmin explained looking at his watch. He leaned back in his seat putting an arm around Eunsun; she leaned against him both of them having a rest.

They woke to arrive at a dock where a strange vessel was waiting for them. It was like a restaurant placed on top of two boats.

“Wow, what is that?” Eunsun asked as Youngmin led her towards it.

“Lunch,” Youngmin said as he smiled at the waiter who was waiting for them, “I have a booking under Hwang.”

“Ah yes come this way,” he opened the gate and showed them to a table. It was getting to be full and soon the restaurant was filled with people talking and laughing.

“Good afternoon ladies and gentleman this is your captain speaking, we are about to depart so please stay seated and avoid leaning on the barrier.” This was then repeated in Pilipino and there was a noise as they began to move.

“I’ve never seen anything like this,” Eunsun said to Youngmin as they began to move.

“I thought it would be good,” Eunsun’s stomach suddenly churned.

“Are you alright?”

“Y-yeah,” Eunsun nodded as they went to look at the selection of foods at the buffet. Eunsun looked at the food; the movements of the boats were starting to unsettle her.

“Are you sure?” She nodded hoping it would stop enough for her to eat something. Music began to play as people started to eat and enjoy the sun. They chose their food and went back to their table Youngmin dug in while Eunsun’s stomach churned again at the sight of the food.

“Are you not hungry?”

“Oh umm, sorry.” She picked up the utensil and put a small amount of the food in it. She put it in but wanted to spit it out. She took a deep breath and swallowed. Youngmin hit himself in the side of the head with a hand.

“I can’t believe I didn’t ask you, do you get sea sick?”

“Do I get sea sick?” Eunsun’s gut began to react again, “no I don’t think so…”

“Have you ever been on a boat?” Eunsun shook her head slowly, Youngmin breathed out looking annoyed.
 

“This is my fault, I should have checked.”

“No, don’t be,” Eunsun waved her hands, “I might just have eaten something for breakfast that doesn’t…“  She felt a gagging sensation and she got out of her seat, “is there a bathroom on here?” The nearest waiter pointed to the sign and she went as fast as she could. The waiter looked at Youngmin.

“Is she alright?” He asked Youngmin.

“I hope so,” Youngmin replied, “would we be able to stop somewhere and get off? Youngmin took out some money, “this should be enough for the food.”

“We’ll radio for a boat to come and they will take you to shore,” the waiter explained, “we can’t stop just for anyone I’m sorry.”

“I understand.”

***

“I’m so sorry my love,” Youngmin said to Eunsun as they returned to their room at seven that night, “if I had known you hadn’t been on a boat before I would have asked if it was ok with you.” Eunsun sat on the edge of her bed, “I’m fine now,” she assured him as Youngmin went to the bathroom, “I think that walk to the nearest bus stop helped ease my stomach.”

Youngmin emerged, “will you be fine for dinner?” He was in a buttoned up shirt and nice jeans.

She nodded, “provided we don’t go on another boat,” Youngmin went over to her about to kiss her when his phone rang.

“Excuse me,” he went to the door as he picked up the phone. Eunsun went to her luggage and she got out a nice green dress. The package that she’d had been given that day was still sitting on the top of the bags. She put the dress down and went to take a closer look at the peculiar item.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Yes it’s on a cliffhanger…But I don’t want to reveal it yet so it will be in the next update! Poor Eunsun getting sea sick, at least they enjoyed the chocolate hills Jand also I’ve now reached the point where this is the longest fanfic I’ve ever written once the next chapter is finished. Wow I feel proud.