52. Breakfast in Bohol

Eunsun: A star for the king

The flight arrived in the airport in Bohol and the newlywed couple was driven in a private taxi to the resort they would be staying in. Because it was late at night no one was around and they went to their room.

“Eunsun, chagi?” Youngmin saw his wife starting to nod off.

“Huh?”

“Never mind,” he went to change out of his suit into his sleep wear letting Eunsun do whatever she pleased. She laid her head against the pillow and soon was fast asleep. Youngmin emerged after cleaning his teeth to see her resting. He smiled as he pulled the covers over her.

“Sweet dreams,” he whispered before placing a kiss on the side of her head and then going to bed.

***

Eunsun was surprised to find she was in her wedding dress still. She felt bad because it would be crinkled from sleeping in it.

“Good morning,” she saw Youngmin awake and dressed casually in a light orange short sleeved polo and denim shorts.

“Morning,” she yawned as she sat up. Her eyes widened in horror, black streaks had run down the pillow as well as skin colored patches.

“Oh no, my makeup’s ruined their pillow case.”

“No problem we can get them to change it when we visit the lobby,” he assured her now sitting beside her on the bed. He bounced his eyebrows up and she laughed.

“I should get changed,” she slid off the bed and still in her dress went over to her suitcase. As she rummaged through the clothes a familiar package fell onto the floor.

“Oh what’s this doing here?” She looked at.

“What is it?” Youngmin asked who was in the onsite who was washing his face with a washer.

“It’s something we were given with the rest of my parent’s possessions.” Eunsun’s face fell, she didn’t want to remember it, not now. She grabbed a grey singlet and a pair of blue three quarter pants and went to the bathroom.

“Excuse me,” she nudged Youngmin playfully in the hips. Youngmin put the washer down to put his hands around her waist.

“Gotcha,” he said faking an evil laugh causing Eunsun’s laughter to commence again. He pulled her out of the bathroom and close to her as they stood in the light coming from the window. They started to kiss; it was like that time when they reflected on their relationship.

“Mm… I really should,” Eunsun had to pull herself away so she could talk to him, “otherwise we will miss out on breakfast.” Youngmin pouted.

“Oh come on,” he started to kiss her again.

“Can’t it wait?” He asked as he lifted his head up, Eunsun shook her head.

“Your majesty shouldn’t eat the full meal yet without enjoying the entrees.” That caused him to release her for good.

“Alright you win, but come out soon ok?” She nodded.

“Of course yeobo,” the way she said yeobo made him grin like a school boy. She went into the bathroom and locked the door. She wasn’t ready for him to see her yet.

“We got a lot of presents,” Youngmin said from in the living room.

“Yeah it looked like we received a lot from the size of the crate.”

“When do you want to open them chagi?”

“Maybe this evening, that way we can enjoy today,” she got out of the shower and dried herself before getting changed. She stepped out tying her hair in a ponytail. Youngmin was grinning.

“As lovely as always.”

“Aww you cheese ball,” Eunsun laughed as he kissed her on the cheek.

“Let’s go.”

***

It was a beautiful interior design in the resort. It was like autumn indoors with the deep brown curtains and the chairs with golden orange cushions. The tables had a stone finish and the chandeliers hung like tops rimmed with golden trim and detail.

“This place is amazing,” Eunsun said as Hwang showed her to a seat.

“I’m glad you like it,” Hwang said as he peered at a menu, “what did you want?

“Fried egg,” Youngmin laughed.

“What I’ve been on a strict eating routine for the past couple of months so I could fit into that dress.”

“You don’t need to be skinny,” Hwang hailed for a waiter, “you just need to be you.” Eunsun smiled. Youngmin ordered their food so they sat and waited for a bit, just talking about wedded life as well as also revealing what they got on their bridal shower and bachelor party.

“Really?” Eunsun was close to laughing, “I would have thought Kyung would be the one to get you that.”

“Yeah me too,” Youngmin sipped his water, “to my horror I found them in my suitcase this morning when I was looking for something to wear. I swear I didn’t pack my own bags.”

“I agree I found some questionable things too.”

“You mean…That lingerie?” Youngmin had to lower his voice. Eunsun nodded.

“Yes, I can’t believe she expects me to wear any of them.”

“Well… Maybe you should for when we decide to become one,” Eunsun’s water went down the wrong way. She began to choke.

“I’m sorry,” Youngmin patted her on the back, “I didn’t mean to spring it on you.”

“No you didn’t do that,” Eunsun wiped with her serviette, “I should be comfortable talking about it. After all it’s a part of married life.”

“True, but I guess it’s because there are little kids close by,” he was referring to the young parents with their two boys that were fighting over a spoon.

“Hmm, I wonder why we haven’t been spotted by any paparazzi yet.”

“Maybe that’s because I told them we were going to America….”

“You didn’t!”

“It was the only way to stop them from stalking us for the whole time we were here,” Youngmin continued, “so a ‘false lead’ was given to say that we would be in Philadelphia instead of here.”

“Oh Youngminnie, but what if they figure out?”

“I don’t think they will, Donggun fabricated false plane tickets and they got us a pair of doubles to make it look like we were leaving the airport.” All Eunsun could do was grin and shake her head in disbelief.

“I can’t believe I married such a smart man.”

“And I can’t believe I married such a lovely woman,” Eunsun looked at him they leaned forward closing their eyes until someone called out.

“Eww,” they both turned to see the two boys looking at them in shock and disgust, “girls have cooties,” one of them said in broken English. Their father looked humiliated while their mother had an apologetic expression.

“It’s only when they are little girls,” Youngmin said to them in English back.

“Oh,” they both said together. Eunsun waited for Youngmin to explain to her.

“They said girls have cooties and I replied that it’s only when they are little,” Eunsun’s grinned widened from her amusement.

“Well that’s good then,” she added as they both smiled at each other.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Aww those kids, hehe isn’t our king smart? Anyway the next chapter will be them going and exploring the Philippines and opening their wedding gifts. Enjoy and happy reading.